Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

whiteshark12 posted:

The exact opposite, making up your own chapter/regiment lets you use whatever while painting your mans to match a specific army from the lore locks you into using only those rules (in a competitive setting).

Gotcha, thanks for the info! I guess I was just thinking that I would be screwed not having access to the named characters or gear. Like that my "Generic Sargent #42535" with his powersword wasn't going to hold up against "Sargent Octavious of the Ultramarines wielding "The Emperor's Toothpick" the powersword of blazing glory!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Does anyone have a spare Custodes spear they wouldn't mind sending my way? Ideally I'm looking for the one that's held in one hand.

Corrode posted:

LONDON ISN'T ALL OF ENGLAND OMG

We were talking about the London GT so that was stuck in my head.

I doubt I will be making the trip to Nottingham anyway, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

PierreTheMime posted:

"Americans think 100 years is a long time, while the English think 100 miles is a long way."

So true.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

panascope posted:

Yeah guys, there’s Hull too!!

European Capital of Culture motherfucker

General Olloth posted:

Ah, so you're from Wales

Bristol, so nearly. But that's an important 'nearly.'

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I assume all roads outside of London are winding horse trails that barely fit one Mini Cooper going each way. Probably makes road tripping a bit more stressful

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

PaintVagrant posted:

I assume all roads outside of London are winding horse trails that barely fit one Mini Cooper going each way. Probably makes road tripping a bit more stressful

You can't drive for more than 5 minutes in the UK without a highwayman demanding you stand and deliver and hand over your coinpurse. It's really shameful

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Reading UKMT has convinced me that Britain is composed of a photocopy of NYC, followed by approx. 50 thousand miles of empty houses owned by saudi oligarchs around it, and then everything outside of that is sweeping countryside where electricity is banned and people with cellphones get beat by cricket sticks.

If you head west you get crushed by obese irish racists in bowler hats, if you head north a kindly gnome offers you bottled fruit products.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

if you head north a kindly gnome offers you bottled fruit products. an angry man in a skirt complains to you endlessly about the English while offering you alcohol and assorted offal.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

My Phaeron, Jaq Naphiir, is done! A counts-as Imotekh the Stormlord, because gently caress Finecast.

The Gauntlet is going to fracture into a gorillion tiny pieces the first time I use him, I'm certain.

The true Clown Prince of Crime

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

You can't drive for more than 5 minutes in the UK without a highwayman demanding you stand and deliver and hand over your coinpurse. It's really shameful

these dirt roads are a complicated web that connect a series of stately manors and Downtown Abbeys owned by people with names like "Bardwick Chestershireton" and "Longfellow Baldertonningsworth" whom the local ladies all describe in terms of how many pounds per year they see from their estates

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Does anyone have a spare Custodes spear they wouldn't mind sending my way? Ideally I'm looking for the one that's held in one hand.

We were talking about the London GT so that was stuck in my head.

I doubt I will be making the trip to Nottingham anyway, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

So true.

PM You

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Oh no! Too far! TOO FAR!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

TheChirurgeon posted:

these dirt roads are a complicated web that connect a series of stately manors and Downtown Abbeys owned by people with names like "Bardwick Chestershireton" and "Longfellow Baldertonningsworth" whom the local ladies all describe in terms of how many pounds per year they see from their estates

Pounds of what?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

three stone

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cessna posted:

Pounds of what?

mutton

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

jadebullet posted:

So these arent mine, but I figured I would share for people who run Khorne.

Apparently the Reiver Kit combined with some AOS Khorne bits makes some really nice looking Berzerkers.

:laffo: at the sword engraved KARL FRANZ on a 40k Khorne Berzerker

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ineptmule posted:

:laffo: at the sword engraved KARL FRANZ on a 40k Khorne Berzerker

It's his name, he's not very bright so they put his name on his sword so he remembers it's his.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The Deleter posted:

It's his name, he's not very bright so they put his name on his sword so he remembers it's his.

Yeah, at least he's not that +ULTHBERT+ fella leaving his poo poo all over for people to find.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8wIgQB9GIA

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

I didn't get what you were talking about when you said your case smelt of varnish in last years adepticast since I'd been using vallejo acrylic matte brushed on, holy crap testors smells strong.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

jadebullet posted:

So these arent mine, but I figured I would share for people who run Khorne.

Apparently the Reiver Kit combined with some AOS Khorne bits makes some really nice looking Berzerkers.

I deeply hate this and would love to stomp these heaps of poo poo into the ground.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
At least we are passionate about our hobby

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
those are actually really cool

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Give ‘em chainswords or something at least, come on...

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

fashionly snort posted:

those are actually really cool

Agreed.

Talking terrain, I am not surprised the LGT wanted to create new terrain pieces. With the changes to cover lots of terrain pieces needs a rethink if they are to be little more than decoration.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
the inscription on the sword reads KarlStans you loving philistines. They stan for Karl, Daemon Prince of cheesesteaks or w/e

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ineptmule posted:

Give ‘em chainswords or something at least, come on...

Well, in their current state they can be used in AoS and 40k.

I like them, would have been a good idea to green stuff the names though, yeah.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I was at the local GW painting yesterday and a game was going on between a really soft Black Templar list and a nasty looking transport heavy DE list. I think it was 2k with the relic. The Templar player was taking it on the chin and so I didn't stick my nose in. All the sudden they both start cracking up.

They had finished the game and only Grimaldus was left on the board with, conservatively, 2/3 of the dark Eldar army all facing him. Grimaldus had the relic. He'd apparently been the only model on the table for the Black Templars for two full turns. He won.

I asked the Deldar player how many lances he still had on the table. He paused and deadpanned "15."

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
The best kinda game is that kinda game.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Good. GOOD.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Raphus C posted:

Agreed.

Talking terrain, I am not surprised the LGT wanted to create new terrain pieces. With the changes to cover lots of terrain pieces needs a rethink if they are to be little more than decoration.

I wish they were decoration. It looks really bad holy poo poo.

Also we tried to go and register a 9pm and were firmly told registration closed at 8pm, sorry. I mean they're there running the invitationals and with a ton of open gaming going on, but cracking a laptop is a bridge too far.

Also holy poo poo there's a lot of jetbike captains here.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the DE guy took it pretty well but you could tell he wanted someone to feel bad for him and you can guess how many people there did.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Corrode posted:

I wish they were decoration. It looks really bad holy poo poo.

Also we tried to go and register a 9pm and were firmly told registration closed at 8pm, sorry. I mean they're there running the invitationals and with a ton of open gaming going on, but cracking a laptop is a bridge too far.

Also holy poo poo there's a lot of jetbike captains here.

Are the table all as close together as the one picture I saw on Facebook?

Because, er, that did not look good.

There’s at least four effectively all bike lists IIrc.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

One_Wing posted:

Are the table all as close together as the one picture I saw on Facebook?

Because, we, that did not look good.

Didn't see the 40k hall, but expect the worst. They're loving everything else up.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Quick lovely pic since these guys are close enough to "done" for me to go back to finishing LotD

I intend to continue working on them after they're attached to a base, but right now it's a little awkward to continue painting them without smudging highlights. List of stuff that still needs doing: washing and cleaning up some panel lines, shading and highlighting rest of the white and white-silver, missing paint apps (gun rounds, shoulderpad skulls), general cleanup.

I explained this in the 30k thread, but the reason there's a shitload of gaps is because I approached this the way I approach kits (as this is my first real multi-part miniature); painting everything separately and attaching them at the end. That has the obvious issue of having a now-painted figure you cant smooth out with greenstuff. I'm glad I realized this now with three models though, better than when I paint 15 sisters, 10 intercessors or 5 scouts.

Anyways figured I'd post this since there's some weirdos really convinced I dont actually paint/work on this army vOv

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

Quick lovely pic since these guys are close enough to "done" for me to go back to finishing LotD

I intend to continue working on them after they're attached to a base, but right now it's a little awkward to continue painting them without smudging highlights. List of stuff that still needs doing: washing and cleaning up some panel lines, shading and highlighting rest of the white and white-silver, missing paint apps (gun rounds, shoulderpad skulls), general cleanup.

I explained this in the 30k thread, but the reason there's a shitload of gaps is because I approached this the way I hand painting model kits (as this is my first real multi-part miniature); painting everything separately and attaching them at the end. That has the obvious issue of having a now-painted figure you cant smooth out with greenstuff. I'm glad I realized this now with three models though, better than when I paint 15 sisters, 10 intercessors or 5 scouts.

Anyways figured I'd post this since there's some weirdos really convinced I dont actually paint/work on this army vOv

You should get a light box. I feel like these probably look really good, but I can't tell.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zuul the Cat posted:

You should get a light box. I feel like these probably look really good, but I can't tell.

It is a lightbox, these lamps are just aggressively poo poo.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Corrode posted:

Didn't see the 40k hall, but expect the worst. They're loving everything else up.

...you know I’ve been going to geek events for 10+ years and I’ve always managed to dodge the ones that have been absolute unmitigated, goes down in history level disasters (not counting the larp event that was in the path of a storm big enough to have a name, because that’s not really the organisers fault).

This should be interesting.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

It is a lightbox, these lamps are just aggressively poo poo.

ah, okay. Try and get better pictures of them, I want to see how they turned out. From what I can see they look good.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

One_Wing posted:

(not counting the larp event that was in the path of a storm big enough to have a name, because that’s not really the organisers fault).

The wizards probably loved it, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
This is a fairly specific request so you'll forgive me for asking since the internet doesn't have it.

Does anyone have both allarus custodians and new necromunda goliaths, and could they take a picture of them side by side? I'm investigating using goliaths as a base to make kataphrons in the style of mechanicum myrmidons because those are cool as hell.

Plan is to get a box of kataphrons and use vanguard heads with the main ones to make a bunch of destroyers, and use the remaining arc rifles and claws with goliaths to make breachers using spare ranger hooded heads maybe with some green stuff to make the hood deeper. Right now I'm sourcing robes and power cores and the allarus ones seem like they might be a good fit after i shave off all the custodes heraldry and bling.