Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Whoa, they literally balanced the entire game around the TIE Fighter, which is unchanged. Anything whose defenses were too strong for TIEs had those defenses nerfed.

that is extremely cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Ugh I hope Garven Dreis still comes in an X-Wing cause it’s killing my Yavin vibes

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm so hype for double YVs. Moralo is gonna be hilarious. And play really well into my tendency to accidentally trap myself in corners.

Recoome posted:

Ugh I hope Garven Dreis still comes in an X-Wing cause it’s killing my Yavin vibes

We already know he does.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
They laughed at my for having two YV-666 models, but who is laughing now??

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to fly a ton of Boba + Moralo + something if points are left.

New Boba with the Slave 1 title effectively has the pilot abilities of both versions (Imperial and Scum) from 1.0.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Devlan Mud posted:

They laughed at my for having two YV-666 models, but who is laughing now??

I legit bought a second one in May the Fourth sales.

I enjoyed converting and painting my first one, so why not? Especially now I have an airbrush.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't own a YV and probably never will.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Do we know what the game considers "evading"? The updated old Millennium Falcon title adds an evade action plus this text:

quote:

While you defend, if you are evading, you may reroll 1 defense die.
So defending and evading are different.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
How do you tell which upgrades a ship can take?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

canyonero posted:

Do we know what the game consider's "evading" now? The updated old Millennium Falcon title adds an evade action plus this text:

What i gathered from the stream is that any time you have an evade token you are evading.

StuG Jeebus posted:

This will be handled solely by the upcoming app so they can change upgrade slots on the fly and restrict which ships can take which upgrades.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

StuG Jeebus posted:

Restrictions for the upgrade are on the card. Available slots for ships will be in the app.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Bistromatic posted:

What i gathered from the stream is that any time you have an evade token you are evading.

I should really watch the stream before asking more questions.

Speaking of, the Ghost and Phantom titles seem to read that you can dock mid-match.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyonero posted:

Do we know what the game considers "evading"? The updated old Millennium Falcon title adds an evade action plus this text:

'Evading' is 'have an evade token'.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
People losin' their poo poo over the 2400 having a less nerfed version of hlc outrider baked in are probably missing the point because ptl doesn't exist and if it were good without ptl/lw, the WSF with outrider would have been a thing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

People losin' their poo poo over the 2400 having a less nerfed version of hlc outrider baked in are probably missing the point because ptl doesn't exist and if it were good without ptl/lw, the WSF with outrider would have been a thing.

Don’t get me wrong. That ship is crazy good.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm so hype for double YVs. Moralo is gonna be hilarious. And play really well into my tendency to accidentally trap myself in corners.

We already know he does.

oh good whoops sorry I've been so busy that I haven't been keeping up with what we know

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
How the gently caress has noone posted this yet:

Guri PS5 :gizz:

Scum loving aces are go

Hoping for IG88A, Guri, Fenn dream team.

Edit scratch that, swap the droid for Dace who looks good as hell now.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 19, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did they show any YT-2400 pilots besides Dash? I'm hoping Leebo or Eaden are useful. I did just get this second ship and I hope to make use of it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Did they say whether these were all the ships in the pack or just a teaser? I mean, I assume the latter...

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Jeez I am keen to run my Y-Wings again, holy poo poo

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
How about those loving Hawks.

Scum: Torkil being able to lower a enemy ship’s PS to 0 for the engagement phase is going to be beastly.

Reserves sounds like something that could be pretty drat nifty.

However, few things will top the tears of Miranda players. They are a tasty treat.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

Did they say whether these were all the ships in the pack or just a teaser? I mean, I assume the latter...

It's the latter, because these were from the conversion kit and we know the contents of those, ship wise.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Recoome posted:

Jeez I am keen to run my Y-Wings again, holy poo poo

Yeah, if everything is scaled to make 2 reds a viable attack, then a flight of Y-wings suddenly got a lot less hopeless.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Man, the Lambda got buffed like crazy. It can shoot out the back, has Coordinate AND Reinforce?

Oh and red Jam.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is that link in the op still my best bet to get caught up on everything so far?

Nice op btw. Super pumped for this, looks like they will improve on the original game a lot, and that was a ton of fun for my friends and I.

One thing about when we used to play was games took a long rear end time. Does 2.0 play any faster or will it come down to us getting more practice?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Man, the Lambda got buffed like crazy. It can shoot out the back, has Coordinate AND Reinforce?

Oh and red Jam.

Yeah jeez thats actually good now.

Also do we have a generic thats lower than the Saber Sq. Pilot for the Interceptor?

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

always be closing posted:

Is that link in the op still my best bet to get caught up on everything so far?

Nice op btw. Super pumped for this, looks like they will improve on the original game a lot, and that was a ton of fun for my friends and I.

One thing about when we used to play was games took a long rear end time. Does 2.0 play any faster or will it come down to us getting more practice?

2.0 looks like it will play faster, but even with 1.0, you can put a 1 hour time limit on the match and finish most games. (always play to a time [60 or 75 minutes] and not total destruction though)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Has anyone talked about HLC being bullseye only? What a weird change.

And A-Wings are looking pretty underwhelming but we'll see.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Am I the only one not able to spot where on the cards it tells you what upgrades they can take? Is it on the reverse side somewhere?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Upgrade slots are in the app (which isn’t out yet)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

Am I the only one not able to spot where on the cards it tells you what upgrades they can take? Is it on the reverse side somewhere?

Its not on the cards anymore. That and point costs are all done through the app now.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Definitely just a teaser, there are a whole bunch of pilots we know from other sources they didn't mention.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

ConfusedUs posted:

The HWK looks pretty good. Primary mobile arc, good dial, red jam, focus or lock link to red rotate. 2 die primary.

Moldy Crow title grants a primary front arc 3-die attack, and lets you keep up to 2 focuses at the end of the round

I'M SO HARD!
2018, Year of the Katarn, at long least?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CODChimera posted:

Has anyone talked about HLC being bullseye only? What a weird change.

It's a four dice attack that gets a range 1 bonus. Five dice is nuts in 2.0, it should absolutely be something you have to work for.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh shiiiiiiit HLC is R1 now?

Anyways on my way to a wave 1-3 tourney. TIE swarms and 4B ahoy

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's a four dice attack that gets a range 1 bonus. Five dice is nuts in 2.0, it should absolutely be something you have to work for.

Huh? It's range 2-3... It's exactly the same as it was before except now it's bullseye only...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

CODChimera posted:

Huh? It's range 2-3... It's exactly the same as it was before except now it's bullseye only...

Nevermind then, I was confusing it with new Dash. Four dice all the time is still really strong.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Nevermind then, I was confusing it with new Dash. Four dice all the time is still really strong.

Edit: I find it funny that the Bomblet card art is the Scurgg and it comes in the Rebel Conversion Kit.

Edit edit: Wow that wasn't edit at all!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

CODChimera posted:

A-Wings look awesome to me, I'm excited for them. Hoping they all have double EPT built in. Even if not, they're one of two ships that can double reposition natively (though only boost into roll) and two red dude won't be garbage any longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

banned from Starbucks posted:

Its not on the cards anymore. That and point costs are all done through the app now.
That explains it. Was wondering if these might be the rumoured pre-built versions or something. Looks like the HLC is a straight downgrade for Dash now.