Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I feel like I want to play something like Dragon's Crown, except on PC, but offhand I'm striking out

probably because of aforementioned dark secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

This was the only character in Dragon's Crown that I could tolerate. The other characters made me uncomfortable and I super rarely ever care about oversexualized women characters in games. muramasa demon blade is a way better game anyways and it's upsetting to me that it's not on PlayStation 4.

I actually sorta agree. There's something offputting about Sorceress that I can't put my finger on that isn't present in normal anime titty designs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

I feel like I want to play something like Dragon's Crown, except on PC, but offhand I'm striking out

Odin Sphere is probably emulatable

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This was the only character in Dragon's Crown that I could tolerate. The other characters made me uncomfortable and I super rarely ever care about oversexualized women characters in games. muramasa demon blade is a way better game anyways and it's upsetting to me that it's not on PlayStation 4.

You were made uncomfortable by an armored knight and a well dressed mage? (I would bring up the dwarf but I can see how his veiny rock hard muscles would put someone off)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dwarf and sorceress are equally loving hilarious, just one's skeevier

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ciaphas posted:

Are the Capcom DnD arcade games on Steam?

cheetah7071 posted:

Odin Sphere is probably emulatable

Don't play the PS2 version

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I don't remember dnd arcade games except golden axe, their existence is news to me!

That said I just remembered that Hyrule Warriors is out on Switch, how'd that turn out? I'd be happy to dust the Switch off

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The games design is skeevy but it also makes sense in the context if it being a tribute to cheesy fantasy art. Like there a gallery in game if just fantasy pictures you can unlock from doing side quests and the mood and style of the stuff in there just kind of contextualizes the type of thing they were going for

That being said I don't blame people for being embarrassed as gently caress by it (hell, there is stuff in the game way worse than the sorceress) but the game is really fun to me and I don't think there's anything actually harmful in there, so whatever

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

I don't remember dnd arcade games except golden axe, their existence is news to me!

That said I just remembered that Hyrule Warriors is out on Switch, how'd that turn out? I'd be happy to dust the Switch off

It's the second best Musou game and unlike the other versions the Switch version actually runs relatively well from what I've heard, so if it interests you, go for it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The cringiest thing to me about Dragon's Crown was people jumping through hoops to try and defend the characters as being well-designed and not blatant fanservice.

No, the Sorceress does not have huge tits because she is supposed to be a maternal figure. The designer just liked huge tits. At least own up to it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The last time Dragon's Crown came up, I said that all six character designs feel like they were specifically designed to be attractive (in a likeability sense, which is helped by but doesn't require sex appeal) to a different segment of the population. If they're in your strike zone, the designs will feel great, but most people won't like most of the designs

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Internet Kraken posted:

The cringiest thing to me about Dragon's Crown was people jumping through hoops to try and defend the characters as being well-designed and not blatant fanservice.

No, the Sorceress does not have huge tits because she is supposed to be a maternal figure. The designer just liked huge tits. At least own up to it.

Excuse me, he liked huge tits and thighs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Double Punctuation posted:

Excuse me, he liked huge tits and thighs.

What's his position on big butts, and is he capable of being deceptive about it?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
george kamitani likes big sexy everything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Was checking out bound by flame on 360. It was funny to find and even worse feeling combat system than witcher 2

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

What's his position on big butts, and is he capable of being deceptive about it?

I mean, have you seen the amazon?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i like elf :shobon:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Colonel posted:

george kamitani likes big sexy everything

hell, same,

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

i like elf :shobon:

same

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You were uncomfortable by the massive bishonen Knight, pretty boy sorcerer, or hunk of burning dwarf?

But the Amazon is thee only correct choice. She’s Red Sonja except with the muscle mass of Conan instead of a tiny cute berserker trope.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Linkle is cool

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if weed caused memory loss then i would never be able to make games

cheetah7071 posted:

the real star of dragon's crown has a much more implausible figure pose

the only star in my heart is the bishounen wizard

it's like having sephiroth as your husbando with half the calories and none of the guilt

素晴らしい

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 19, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
quote != edit

dont smoke weed kids

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

:hai:

little caesars is the worst pizza by far but man that is good value for money if you've got a host to feed

its also perfectly designed so that its the cheapest it can be while remaining edible. if you go somewhere even cheaper you quickly realize how much that buck you saved is costing you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Divinity os2 demo on console is hard as heck to see whats going on vs the original on my laptop right in front of my face. Might not be able to play it from this far away, dang

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Kamitani is horny but it's an interesting horny as opposed to boring predictable horny

Raijin's design is straight off Japanese scrolls but by making her a woman (and Fujin is a tiny little goblin man) it ends up being one of the more memorable boss fights in the game as you're basically fighting an anime comedy duo.

Odette was already a grotesque character essentially being a skeleton with huge honkers, then it goes to 11 with freaky spider centuar. 10 years later Shadows of Mordor would make Shelob a spider that transforms into a sexy lady *yawn*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The most horrifying part of Odette was how badly she tanked the framerate in the original.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

babypolis posted:

its also perfectly designed so that its the cheapest it can be while remaining edible. if you go somewhere even cheaper you quickly realize how much that buck you saved is costing you

Tossing the unused scraps of dough in oil and garlic and selling it was ingenious.

al-azad posted:

Odette was already a grotesque character essentially being a skeleton with huge honkers, then it goes to 11 with freaky spider centuar. 10 years later Shadows of Mordor would make Shelob a spider that transforms into a sexy lady *yawn*

Odette is the only boss I remember from Odin Sphere. Not because it’s hot, mind you. It’s loving gross. loving Quelaag looks better than that poo poo.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWISiHcGoNg&t=115s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

al-azad posted:

I liked this design at first but that's because I hadn't read the text and thought it was a monster spider trying to wear a (poorly made) seductive doll as a hat to trick people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was the second boss in DMC4.

Well third if you count tutorial Dante

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so i finally picked up the TF2 ultimate edish since it was only $5

i'm pretty psyched about it honestly

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

Streets of Rage remake

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/JZlILmi.mp4

Ciaphas posted:

Dungeon Fighter Online, my man

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

so i finally picked up the TF2 ultimate edish since it was only $5

i'm pretty psyched about it honestly

Pretty sure that game is free to play and you got ripped off

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Divinity os2 demo on console is hard as heck to see whats going on vs the original on my laptop right in front of my face. Might not be able to play it from this far away, dang
It seems like a terrible fit for consoles in a way that's hard to get around.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

oh my god they made Marin a character in hyrule warriors? who the hell else did i miss o.o

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

oh my god they made Marin a character in hyrule warriors? who the hell else did i miss o.o

Not Groose that's for sure >:[

Toon Zelda's in though, she's possessing the armor from Spirit Tracks. There's a Toon Link weapon from Spirit Tracks too, the Sand Rod, and it lets you hit enemies with sand blocks as well as summon the train so you can go drifting your train into enemies, it owns.

I hope they don't add any additional characters to the switch version though. I'd rather have a sequel before they add a third season pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why make a sequel when theres still a half dozen wii u games to port?

• Locked thread