Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I got it mostly for the scornful facial expression.
"Stop daydreaming and clean the goddamn micro!"

Thats why I scanned it with the Registry gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bummey posted:

Mine just got here today.

They really are.

I'm a potato.

Skin soft like baby potato.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ordered a pair of sandals last Monday and they arrived today, what the hell

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Stapled to a fast herring

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I ordered some thin film sensors for a design project and I forgot about them until they showed up yesterday.

I guess i busted my aliexpress cherry.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Wanna get the shrimp life best for the chihuahua the person I'm housesitting for next month owns.

There is a pool and while he can stand on the first step, it still comes up to his shoulder. I'm pretty sure the cocker mix that will also be staying there will be hanging out in the pool with me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Steamed hams but they're pressure hams

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
anyone got some cute pins?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

homemade spam, just like mom used to make!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pick posted:

anyone got some cute pins?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-Cartoon-Enamel-Pins-Fruit-Pineapple-Apple-Brooches-Pin-Badges-Cute-Metal-Animal-Horse-Brooches-

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pc...2839935254.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1Pc...2842003118.html

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

flashy_mcflash posted:

A perfect drunk impulse buy.

"Yes, of course! I'll make my own lunch meats! It makes too much sense!"

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011

Ralph Crammed In posted:

If you were worried about added nitrates in processed meats possibly giving you cancer it just might (don't though, it's bs)

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

It'd maybe be worth it if your household did a lot of deer hunting, but I can't imagine any reality in which you don't have your own meat source and the ham maker is an efficient purchase.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Ralph Crammed In posted:

It'd maybe be worth it if your household did a lot of deer hunting, but I can't imagine any reality in which you don't have your own meat source and the ham maker is an efficient purchase.

This tends to hold for making your own jerky/biltong too. And that doesn't need any special equipment

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

My bootleg Skull Kid figurine arrived. Not bad for a rip off.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Link please?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Amphigory posted:

Link please?

No, that's Skull Kid.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ralph Crammed In posted:

A perfect drunk impulse buy.

I woke up to it in my cart this morning and on sober second reflection, naaaah. All I wanted was a burger press!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Amphigory posted:

Link please?

http://s.aliexpress.com/UveYRZRN It comes in boxed and boxless flavours. But the box looks like a lovely scan job so I skipped it.

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 16, 2018

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The last piece of my latest haul just arrived (the Silpat-type nonstick baking sheet--very nice; thanks for the recommendation!), which means it's about time to start trawling AE for the next piece of bullshit I don't need but must have. Meanwhile, here's a real winner from this round:

Genuine Leather Luggage Tags Travel Accessories Suitcase Tag Name ID Address New Style Genuine Leather Bag Tags with Empty Name

I wanted a nice leather tag to go on the beautiful leather carry-on I'd splurged on in Italy last month, and this looked especially interesting because of its shape and the metal cable that connects it to the bag. You can provide a Pantone number to get whatever color you like (I wanted the yellow one they show here, called "Brown"; it's more like the default buttery tan of a Coach bag and still lovely), and have it further customized with a logo. Highly recommended.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Speaking of luggage:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No, that's Skull Kid.

Aye, very good

Sex Robot posted:

http://s.aliexpress.com/UveYRZRN It comes in boxed and boxless flavours. But the box looks like a lovely scan job so I skipped it.

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Some of my highlights recently.

I got one of these last year for travel and it's super handy for toting all my bottles of contact solution and make up remover and shampoo and poo poo around. Last month we were on a trip with my inlaws and my mother in law was packing her bottles around in a shoebox like some sorta drat caveman so I ordered her a few. I told her she could, you know, just buy them herself, but they treat my AE shopping like I've got some kinda back alley grey market hookup.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bea....46334c4d1CJZtO

These are also super fun. Water transfer nail art. Works on the same principle as a temporary tattoo. They can be a bit fussy (and you need to them dry completely before putting on the clear coat, otherwise they tear) but are cute and easy if you're like me and don't have the patience for real nail art.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/48p....27424c4duRFHOn

This little guy here wins the award for most used AE item. My mom had a metal one and weirdly enough, I never noticed one for sale anywhere in my adult life (although I wasn't really looking to be fair). I was a bit worried about it being plastic, but it's thick and I use it a lot, even with boiling water, and it hasn't warped or anything yet. I barely use my colander anymore.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kit....27424c4daGzaIK

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

does anyone have experience buying a dashcam off AX? Good idea, or bad quality overall?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I figured an update might 🐝 warranted:

On magnets:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
:neckbeard:

..gonna add so many of those to my cart..

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No, that's Skull Kid.

lolz

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
His and hers jammies?
No?
What about if they are in Engrish?

http://s.aliexpress.com/B7VfumMV

This place actually has a lot of cute pajama sets. I just thought the couples pajamas were kind of goofy and these make me think of the "free mammograms" Halloween costumes. The Engrish is in some of the photos if you click on the link.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

mike12345 posted:

does anyone have experience buying a dashcam off AX? Good idea, or bad quality overall?

I bought a YI GoPro type camera and I've been impressed.

I think their dashcam models get good reviews - I would expect that they would.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ralph Crammed In posted:

This little guy here wins the award for most used AE item. My mom had a metal one and weirdly enough, I never noticed one for sale anywhere in my adult life (although I wasn't really looking to be fair). I was a bit worried about it being plastic, but it's thick and I use it a lot, even with boiling water, and it hasn't warped or anything yet. I barely use my colander anymore.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kit....27424c4daGzaIK
Ikea has metal ones, it's cool and good though I don't cook as much stuff that needs it anymore.

spog posted:

I bought a YI GoPro type camera and I've been impressed.

I think their dashcam models get good reviews - I would expect that they would.
I have the regular first-gen Yi action cam and it's been very good, their dashcams are great too by all accounts.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anybody have a baby they aren't very fond of? I know baby carry slings are a thing, but I've never seen one quite this design before. Can't beat the price though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fro...2844310958.html

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Any recommendations for men's knockoff birkenstocks? I don't know what I'm looking for in knockoff footwear.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A fuckload of knockoff birkenstocks arent actually cork, like this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fas...2649835805.html

Look closely and you'll see that it's some kind of resin with embedded chips to make it look like cork.

i.e. look at that last loving image

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"Soft."

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Birkencrocs?

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Anybody have a baby they aren't very fond of? I know baby carry slings are a thing, but I've never seen one quite this design before. Can't beat the price though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fro...2844310958.html

I'm actually having me a baby here in a few months and I figure this isn't going to be any worse than anything I can buy at the store here. Going to order this cause babby's going to have to start to get used to mommy's AE ways.

I can't wait till the baby gets a bit older cause holy moly you can just buy bags of babrie accessories for cheap. I used to have to glue barbie's shoes to her feet, but my children will have a much better life in which they can just throw handfuls of babrie shoes around like confetti.

Ralph Crammed In fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 19, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm actually having me a baby here in a few months and I figure this isn't going to be any worse than anything I can buy at the store here. Going to order this cause babby's going to have to start to get used to mommy's AE ways.

I can't wait till the baby gets a bit older cause holy moly you can just buy bags of babrie accessories for cheap. I used to have to glue barbie's shoes to her feet, but my children will have a much better life in which they can just throw handfuls of babrie shoes around like confetti.

I'd be really careful with baby stuff. China is not known for good product safety and you want your little bundle of joy sucking on material that was dyed with lead and cadmium.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

spog posted:

I'd be really careful with baby stuff. China is not known for good product safety and you want your little bundle of joy sucking on material that was dyed with lead and cadmium.

Like I said, I don't think it's going to be anything that isn't going to come up in the West anyway. Supply chains are so hidden and obtuse that's it's virtually impossible to tell where the raw materials/semi-finished products of stuff that's "made in USA/Germany/Sweden" come from anyway. And as far as inspection goes for imported goods, there's only a tiny percentage of imported finished goods that are ever in anyway controlled. I'm not saying that poo poo from China is 100% safe, I'm saying that it's impossible to know if anything you buy is safe just because it comes from a nice store and costs two to five times as much, so it's going to be about the same risk level as buying anything at retail here. Unless you raise the sheep or flax and spin and dye it with homemade beetroot dye, you don't know what you're getting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Actually, there are a number of really intense natural good stores and stuff, and co-ops. If I had a baby I probably go that direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
However, babies are actually pretty sturdy, and they can take a lot of cadmium