Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I feel like LoveRobber is the translation of Raburaba that would make the most sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Maybe Hamburglar?

I love that she managed to keep her ridiculous bow tie on through all of this :3:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Luv-Lover.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

isn't la brava's name from a book also titled la brava, even in japan?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Begemot posted:

I'm glad they're still bros.

bladeworksmaster posted:

I am very pleased with Bakugo's smug satisfaction at beating the doubters. :allears:

these were the best two panels

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the panels with mirio mirroring eri were the best

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

It's edited a bit weird, but Hound Dog is saying "Bow bow outside grrrr" so I'm guessing All Might is meant to avoid being too visible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Man, Deku must be exhausted right now. First he had a big climactic battle with a villain, then he had to do a big song and dance number, then he spent the rest of the day running around the festival. Kid's gonna be out like a rock when he gets back to the dorms.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like the Pro Hero Merch at the festival. Thirteen balloon banner and Cementoss juicebox.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

bladeworksmaster posted:

I am very pleased with Bakugo's smug satisfaction at beating the doubters. :allears:

It is great because Bakugou was only mildly satisfied until these two came to apologize, then he got the ultra smug sense of satisfaction of putting these scrubs in their place.

Kid's really come a long way from when he was just an rear end in a top hat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

It is great because Bakugou was only mildly satisfied until these two came to apologize, then he got the ultra smug sense of satisfaction of putting these scrubs in their place.

Kid's really come a long way from when he was just an rear end in a top hat.

He still wasn't completely satisfied.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
A+ panel with Bakugo on the Ninja Warrior course.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Okay, I actually laughed at a Mineta panel. With his “productive” evening.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Monoma is the best. :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

rannum posted:

isn't la brava's name from a book also titled la brava, even in japan?

Yep.

Not to sound like dick but liking something better or thinking something sounds better doesn't make it accurate. LoveLover and LoveRobber both end with an extended A kana in Japanese which La Brava's name does not contain.

Sero Hanta's name evokes cellophane tape, it does not mean we should write his name Cello Hanta. Rabu/Love is in the pronunciation of La Brava's name and that's enough.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The problem with translating multilayered pun names is that someone will miss the first layer of the pun and only focus on the second.

LaBrava is a reference to something that also sounds phonetically like "Love Lover" transliterated into Japanese kana, and her Quirk is based off the pun nested in phonetics of the original reference.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sometimes you just can't translate a pun, it's fine. Especially with names, it's usually good to just leave them as they are rather than come up with something completely different that makes the same joke in english.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Oh my goooooood

Gmq's av is the best

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man, I can't wait for United States of Smash to happen in the anime

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
How far away would people say we are from that, anyway? I can remember general events in the manga but I don't have a good memory for how long they took.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Expect it around episode 12ish. Cour ends at the beach, and the next cour starts with the home visits is my guess. But the cour could also end at them instead.

e: Actually, yeah, looking at the chapters, ending the cour with moving to the dorm seems most likely.

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 19, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Viridiant posted:

How far away would people say we are from that, anyway? I can remember general events in the manga but I don't have a good memory for how long they took.
Next episode is the start of the rescue plan, so I say the one after that is where All Might vs AFO starts in earnest and it ends the episode after that.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Viridiant posted:

today's episode was the League getting away from the heroes after capturing Bakugo, so now I imagine is the disguise part of the arc in the next episode. the first cour will probably end with the kids moving into the dorms so I imagine we're at least four episodes away from that happening

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Anime thread discussing who's the traitor :allears:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nonexistence posted:

Anime thread discussing who's the traitor :allears:

Well, we still don't know. :v:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gmq posted:

Well, we still don't know. :v:

If not apparent, I love your avatar.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Looks like you can mix up peoples' gear in that upcoming MHA game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Bakugo looks like someone tried to build him out of whatever half-assembled Lego Bionicles they had lying around and called it close enough. :allears:

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I like to think that there is no traitor and it's just Toga walking in and out at her convenience because her quirk is good and some of the personnel are blood donors.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If not apparent, I love your avatar.

Me too, I couldn't resist. :3:

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 19, 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Toga is Vlad Kings daughter

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my unironic guess is midnight because

1) she was originally going to be homeroom teacher so she was probably in the early plot planning, meaning she might be more important than the other teachers

2) i don't think she fought a villian either time the teachers rallied against the villian attacks (or if she did it was some minor offscreen schmuck)

that said theres been zero actual hints dropped so it might not even be decided who it is yet

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stexils posted:

my unironic guess is midnight because

1) she was originally going to be homeroom teacher so she was probably in the early plot planning, meaning she might be more important than the other teachers

2) i don't think she fought a villian either time the teachers rallied against the villian attacks (or if she did it was some minor offscreen schmuck)

that said theres been zero actual hints dropped so it might not even be decided who it is yet

well pikachu was missing during the attack

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Kild posted:

well pikachu was missing during the attack

poo poo dude im thunder-shocked

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stexils posted:

poo poo dude im thunder-shocked

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Lol @ the theory based almost entirely on him smiling kinda nasty and his proto-design looking scary. Deku's prototype design didn't look very heroic either, and Bakugou ALWAYS smiles nasty.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yep.

Not to sound like dick but liking something better or thinking something sounds better doesn't make it accurate. LoveLover and LoveRobber both end with an extended A kana in Japanese which La Brava's name does not contain.

Sero Hanta's name evokes cellophane tape, it does not mean we should write his name Cello Hanta. Rabu/Love is in the pronunciation of La Brava's name and that's enough.

That, and Joe LaBrava from La Brava gets romantically involved with a former movie star (who is a bit of a criminal!) who he has been admiring from afar for years. It's a good little reference to the novel, I'd say.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Just call her Love Brava

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the 4chan Kaminari stuff is seriously the best content MHA has produced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, except for all the times they used the r-word, but you just have to kind of accept that when it comes to 4chan.