Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Many of you have asked why I always look so good, how my makeup always looks so perfect, or how I always have this natural glow. Here's my secret.

:nws: maybe? https://youtu.be/TqWAu_BCfrA

Oh Christ it's that weird as gently caress chick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ruflux posted:

Oh Christ it's that weird as gently caress chick

It's not Whitney Wisconsin is it, cause I'm not clicking on that link to find out.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
https://youtu.be/PqhnNw_1zHw

Make an edible cup by wasting two perfectly useable plastic cups, plus lots of gelatine and expensive ingredients.

I’ve posted the stupid flavour pouch things on this thread before. This is like a whole compilation of pointless edible stuff.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Gynocentric Regime posted:

It's not Whitney Wisconsin is it, cause I'm not clicking on that link to find out.

It is her.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Great so now that's in my YouTube history...

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO73d7IsRzo

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Many of you have asked why I always look so good, how my makeup always looks so perfect, or how I always have this natural glow. Here's my secret.

:nws: maybe? https://youtu.be/TqWAu_BCfrA

Somebody is definitely jerking it to this.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
If it's the Max Zone, how can it go beyond? It's already max ya idiot - if you find more you weren't at max at all!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Keep pushing beyond the Max Zone by being incurably ignorant!!!! #effin #hacked #motha #fukkka

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Julet Esqu posted:

Somebody is definitely jerking it to this.

don't dox me

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

This is a great example of "great idea, horrible execution" because oil drum grills are great.
Metal. Metal oil drums.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I was watching The Office and it was an episode where they were playing with a bailer and bubble wrap. Well a friend of mine who works in a warehouse with a bailer started telling us a hack they do down there for drums that need disposing, they use the cardboard bailer as a giant can crusher to make them easier to throw away.

It's only a little dangerous but it works I guess?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

See this is interesting because in classic life hacking you take garbage and uselessly/dangerously dress it up as valuable. Here you take your valuables and dress them up as garbage, for good reason. I don't know what to call this. I have no words.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Stairs posted:

This is a great example of "great idea, horrible execution" because oil drum grills are great.
Metal. Metal oil drums.

Could be a smoker chamber, with a remote firebox and a hose that's not attached.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Phanatic posted:

Could be a smoker chamber, with a remote firebox and a hose that's not attached.

It could be.
But you know in your heart what it is.
You know the ignorance of man.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I kind of almost like that one.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Kuiperdolin posted:

It kind of reminds me of something my sister did. When she and her husband bought their house, they found some ancient wooden ladder left behind in the shed. He was gonna throw it out, because it wasn't much good to use as an actual ladder, but my sister insisted on keeping it. She cleaned it up a bit and then hung it horizontally on the wall, using it as a sort of shallow shelf for photos and small keepsakes. It's bizarre in theory and pretty much everyone thought she was nuts for doing that, but the end result is actually pretty nice.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

RoboRodent posted:

It kind of reminds me of something my sister did. When she and her husband bought their house, they found some ancient wooden ladder left behind in the shed. He was gonna throw it out, because it wasn't much good to use as an actual ladder, but my sister insisted on keeping it. She cleaned it up a bit and then hung it horizontally on the wall, using it as a sort of shallow shelf for photos and small keepsakes. It's bizarre in theory and pretty much everyone thought she was nuts for doing that, but the end result is actually pretty nice.

She also saved like $70 bucks.
this poo poo is so dumb.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kuiperdolin posted:

I kind of works in a "rustic" way. I'd never do it in my home, but it is not 100% horrible.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/993641673342291968

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaOlchJ83l4&t=72s

IN WHAT WORLD DO YOU HAVE PLASTIC WRAP ON HAND BUT NO PLUNGER

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaOlchJ83l4&t=72s

IN WHAT WORLD DO YOU HAVE PLASTIC WRAP ON HAND BUT NO PLUNGER

Literally anywhere in the civilized world. I have never seen a plunger outside of American TV, movies, and mangas. (I did see one in a French manga from the 70s so I guess they might have poo poo plumbing too, or at least had :shrug:)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Jerry Cotton posted:

Literally anywhere in the civilized world. I have never seen a plunger outside of American TV, movies, and mangas. (I did see one in a French manga from the 70s so I guess they might have poo poo plumbing too, or at least had :shrug:)

What? Not even in the janitor closet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What? Not even in the janitor closet?

I've never been in a janitor closet. Back when I lived in a block of flats, I was investigating the cellars (because I had just moved in and was trying to find the bicycle cellar [there wasn't one]) and opened a door and the janitor was in there in a tiny tiny room reading a paper and I guess that might've been a janitor closet? Didn't see a plunger there anyway.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So no toilet anywhere else in the world ever gets clogged up after all you can eat burrito night?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randaconda posted:

So no toilet anywhere else in the world ever gets clogged up after all you can eat burrito night?

Yes.

https://pottygirl.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/why-do-american-toilets-clog/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well, i'll be damned

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randaconda posted:

well, i'll be damned

If I want to clog a toilet with massive poos I have to go on the ferry to Stockholm. Marine toilets commonly work via the siphoning method.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So like do they not sell them at the dollar store for you guys? Because I got mine there when I moved in and I've used it on the sink more than the toilet and it takes like 10 seconds to remove a clog versus wrapping the thing in plastic and then pushing it over and over.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Wow, that’s actually amazing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

So like do they not sell them at the dollar store for you guys? Because I got mine there when I moved in and I've used it on the sink more than the toilet and it takes like 10 seconds to remove a clog versus wrapping the thing in plastic and then pushing it over and over.

I've never really had a clogged toilet. Once or twice when I've had the shits I've used too much paper in one sitting and then you just have to wait a few hours for the paper to dissolve so it'll flush properly. The sink clogs sometimes since I do occasionally shave but you just screw open the SMELL TRAP* underneath and clear out the blockage (while wearing rubber gloves unless you're disgusting). The question wasn't about whether people would rather use cling film to clear a blockage but where would you find a household that has cling film but not a plunger, and the answer turns out to be "a lot of loving places".

*) I'm sure there's a real English term for it but I prefer the direct translation

e: Just in case the US also has retarded traps, here's what I'm talking about :

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:55 on May 19, 2018

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
My worst toilet experience was stopping in a public toilet for a dump, then finding my poo poo was too big and wouldn't flush. loving low flow toilets. I was there for around 10 minutes desperately trying to get it to flush before I gave up. When I stepped out of the stall there was a staff member there, who wordlessly stepped up to the toilet and started dealing with it.

He'd obviously heard my lamentations of "JUST loving FLUSH YOU FUCKER".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My old job was a daycare ran out of a church and someone clogged the toilet after Wednesday night service bad enough they had to snake the drain. It was the women's so I assumed it was some old person flushing a pad and the toilet saying no. But who knows.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I used to clog the toilet every time I took a dump but I live in a literal 3rd world country and also only do it two or three times a week so they weren't very mild thus I don't think I can be used as an example

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Samuringa posted:

I used to clog the toilet every time I took a dump but I live in a literal 3rd world country and also only do it two or three times a week so they weren't very mild thus I don't think I can be used as an example
:goonsay:

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've never really had a clogged toilet. Once or twice when I've had the shits I've used too much paper in one sitting and then you just have to wait a few hours for the paper to dissolve so it'll flush properly.

Waiting for a few hours? Pfft. The real pros dump some dishwashing powder in there and let it work its magic, then flush. If you don't mind the smell (or clogged it with just paper like I did once), pouring hot water in there speeds up the process even more.

Source: my parents house got these fancy Swedish dual-flush toilets back in 2002 when it was remodeled and they have a hopelessly small diameter pipe, which leads to comparatively easy clogging. Still requires a lot of paper to clog em, but far easier to accomplish by accident than a regular toilet.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've lived in the United States my entire life and watched the linked video, but I still have no idea how American toilets work. Whatever is going on, it doesn't make sense.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007
Toilets in Ukraine were a trip. Most buildings still have tiny, lovely old Soviet pipes that can't handle toilet paper so unless you're in a nice hotel or some sort of up-scale place built within the last 15 years, there's gonna be a small basket nearby for used tp. Toilet paper also generally isn't on hand in bathrooms accessible to the public, so you learn to keep it on you. Some public restrooms, which use squat toilets, have an angry and/or resigned babushka attendant that can sell it to you in a pinch though.

Lifehack: be an oligarch or hanger-on and live an upper-class first-world lifestyle in downtown Kyiv or Odesa while 90% of the population stagnates in third-world poverty due to corruption and war in what should be one of the strongest economies in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I'm moving to a new apartment, and I'm gonna miss the toilet in my current one. It's the only toilet I've used over a period of time that I haven't managed to clog.