Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Slime posted:

Lol @ the theory based almost entirely on him smiling kinda nasty and his proto-design looking scary.

Ah, but you forgot their ultimate trump card:

Aizen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

whether or not its kaminari it would be pretty interesting to have the traitor be a student

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

gmq posted:

Well, we still don't know. :v:

Love your avatar

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

PMush Perfect posted:

Well, except for all the times they used the r-word, but you just have to kind of accept that when it comes to 4chan.

yeah that part isn't good. honestly I haven't read it in so long that I sorta just forgot

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I have been lazly re-reading through the manga lately and I noticed that in the popularity poll where Midoriya's shoes got a vote, the picture of his shoe has the laces doing that fist pump pose. :aaaaa:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

Ah, but you forgot their ultimate trump card:

Aizen!

Aizen loving sucked and MHA should not emulate Bleach. :colbert:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'm not sure I buy the Kaminari theory, because it doesn't really mesh with the way his Quirk has been shown to work.

If not him, Hagakure is the obvious suspect. She can easily eavesdrop, and the databook gives her a 4/5 in intelligence despite her acting dumb. (Kaminari, in contrast, gets 1/5.)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Indiana_Krom posted:

I have been lazly re-reading through the manga lately and I noticed that in the popularity poll where Midoriya's shoes got a vote, the picture of his shoe has the laces doing that fist pump pose. :aaaaa:

I never noticed.
This is good :allears:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't want any of the kids to be the traitor. I don't want any of them to ruin their future.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I think it has to be a 1-A student because narratively it wouldn't be interesting or impactful otherwise.

Like if it's Snipe or something who would even care? But if it's a student like Kaminari or Hagakure or Aoyama, someone who's been among the cast from the start and we actually care about then it wouldn't be such a wet fart.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I know. :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's Eri

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The traitor thing has gotten so little focus I'm constantly forgetting about it. The only way it'll matter at all is if it's a major character, yeah.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I remember having a theory for the sugar guy being the traitor, but I can't remember it anymore or even remember why I thought he was.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'll be the principal or something

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nephthys posted:

I think it has to be a 1-A student because narratively it wouldn't be interesting or impactful otherwise.

Like if it's Snipe or something who would even care? But if it's a student like Kaminari or Hagakure or Aoyama, someone who's been among the cast from the start and we actually care about then it wouldn't be such a wet fart.

Don't you diss my boy Snipe.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That wasn't hyperbole btw, I legitimately completely forgot there was a traitor plot point and even now I only vaguely remember its introduction after being prompted.

I've got all the released volumes, man I should reread this series.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It's me, I'm the traitor, sorry guys.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope the next arc gives us a chance to see what the Class B kids quirks can do. Like, most of them have really cool names and I really want to know what they are! There's Twin Impact, Poltergeist, Lizard Tail Cut, Comic, Black, and HORN CANNON to name a few.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I hope the next arc gives us a chance to see what the Class B kids quirks can do. Like, most of them have really cool names and I really want to know what they are! There's Twin Impact, Poltergeist, Lizard Tail Cut, Comic, Black, and HORN CANNON to name a few.

It's kind of funny how much worse Class B is than Class A.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I only think it might be a 1-A student because it leaves an opening for Shinsou.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I only think it might be a 1-A student because it leaves an opening for Shinsou.

https://twitter.com/Floatzxs_/status/997239286222082048

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Not to sound like dick but liking something better or thinking something sounds better doesn't make it accurate. LoveLover and LoveRobber both end with an extended A kana in Japanese which La Brava's name does not contain.

This is really good to know and should basically settle the argument. I hadn't seen her name in katakana, but the lack of an extended "a" basically completely debunks the idea that the intent was just a pun of "rabu rabu" and "lover."

Electric Phantasm posted:

I remember having a theory for the sugar guy being the traitor, but I can't remember it anymore or even remember why I thought he was.

Sugar guy has such a poo poo power. He can gain strength that, by all appearances, is still inferior to the amount Deku can use without hurting himself, and doing so makes him stupider, which is a really, really big problem for a hero. Most other characters have some sort of versatility or something, but his is just kinda lovely strength with a big downside.

edit: I mean, to be fair it seems like most people have quirks that just flat-out have zero combat/fighting application, so even if it's kinda lovely it's still probably better than most simply by virtue of making him stronger in a fight.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Lizard Tail Cut girl doesn't have a tail

Is she just going to be throwing limbs around all over the place???

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Patware posted:

I've just sort of figured it's going to be like the creepy guy from Shiketsu who can cut off his own limbs and control them from a distance, just with less "turning-people-into-horrendous-clumps-of-flesh".

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gmq posted:

It's me, I'm the traitor, sorry guys.

I refuse to believe it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

symbolic posted:

I've just sort of figured it's going to be like the creepy guy from Shiketsu who can cut off his own limbs and control them from a distance, just with less "turning-people-into-horrendous-clumps-of-flesh".

sounds like someone just said "rocket punch"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Patware posted:

She's just a Monster Hunter protagonist.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nephthys posted:

Narratively the traitor subplot hasn't been impactful or interesting at all thus far so it'd only be fitting.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it feels weird that it was ever brought up there was a traitor in the first place. why not just have them reveal themselves when it's appropriate and have it make sense based off past moments (characters being absent from key scenes that just seemed like an oversight at the time) so we can be all Oda Does It Again years down the line? knowing that there's a traitor hasn't added anything to the story or really made characters act differently due to that knowledge.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the aoyama fakeout is the one thing we've gotten from the traitor thing thus far

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If they didn't say anything we'd be complaining that everyone was missing the obvious.

alternatively, as expected of pro heroes

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
It's going to turn out that UA was built by a construction company AFO owned and he had them go all US Embassy in Moscow on the project.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i hope the traitor thing never comes up again and it was 100% done entirely to set up the aoyama fakeout

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The "traitor" is Prez Mic's social network addiction. Dude just keep posting everything on Twitter.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
He's not orange enough for that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Ytlaya posted:

Sugar guy has such a poo poo power. He can gain strength that, by all appearances, is still inferior to the amount Deku can use without hurting himself, and doing so makes him stupider, which is a really, really big problem for a hero. Most other characters have some sort of versatility or something, but his is just kinda lovely strength with a big downside.

edit: I mean, to be fair it seems like most people have quirks that just flat-out have zero combat/fighting application, so even if it's kinda lovely it's still probably better than most simply by virtue of making him stronger in a fight.

I mean, comparing him to Deku is kind of unfair. Yeah, his quirk doesn't match up to OfA, but basically no enhancement quirk does. He kind of suffers from the fact that his power is so similar to the protagonist's so he pretty much can't be allowed to be good.

He's strong enough to do the job (I mean, he can punch through a foot of concrete), and he's probably going to graduate to a solid, if unspectacular, career.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, comparing him to Deku is kind of unfair. Yeah, his quirk doesn't match up to OfA, but basically no enhancement quirk does. He kind of suffers from the fact that his power is so similar to the protagonist's so he pretty much can't be allowed to be good.

He's strong enough to do the job (I mean, he can punch through a foot of concrete), and he's probably going to graduate to a solid, if unspectacular, career.

he's already got a sweet gig lined up

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Get a big round red costume and go into advertising?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

he's already got a sweet gig lined up

Ba dum tish.