Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I will never be as cool as this man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I can't handle this poo poo man

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

quote:

The problem is Diane Feinstein does get job well. She may not be as progressive as people may like. But to get things done we can't always have two extremes not doing anything. Obama realized this during his presidency

These people are denser than uranium.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BadOptics posted:

i have to talk to them on a regular basis. it is very difficult. they live in a world only slightly less detached from reality than :chud:-world, and that's only because they aren't turbo racists.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BadOptics posted:

Very important for Obama to do him job.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BadOptics posted:

Remember when Feinstein flew a confederate flag over SF to pander to Dixiecrats?

Luckily a black guy was able to tear it down.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the year is 2020 and democrats fly the swastika to appeal to white middle class voters

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

So apparently poor people are poor because they're just assholes who don't make enough friends. It's just amazing to me how Ryssdal is bending over backwards to be polite and nice to this guy who is complete and utter trash.

the casual acceptance of networking as the agreed-upon engine of advancement is really quite disgusting imo

just a huge romanesque patronage system but without the good parts

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jazerus posted:

the casual acceptance of networking as the agreed-upon engine of advancement is really quite disgusting imo

just a huge romanesque patronage system but without the good parts

This coupled with the insistance that we live in a merit-based system that "ultimately values hard work" is legit a major source of my anger issues.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phi230 posted:

the year is 2020 and democrats fly the swastika to appeal to white middle class voters

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/798553102961942528?s=21

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/997864235152572417?s=19

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

http://fastearningmethod.com/9-creative-ways-to-pay-rent-when-you-dont-have-anymore-plasma-to-sell/

https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/unique-ways-to-come-up-with-rent-payment/

does this count as succ?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

6. Strive Thriller Procuring (and Eat Pizza)
Thriller buying, the act of posing as a daily buyer however secretly reviewing providers and merchandise, is a method our CEO Kyle Taylor acquired by when he struggled to make hire. He was capable of financial institution between $400 and $500 a month as a thriller shopper.

Among the hottest varieties of thriller outlets are for pizza firms. So you possibly can really receives a commission to eat pizza. Each Papa John’s Pizza and Pizza Hut commonly conduct thriller outlets.

As a part of the task, you’re required to time supply service and assessment the standard of pizza. It’s fairly straightforward to do, and you are able to do it a number of occasions a yr.

Should you’re excited about giving it a strive, right here’s an inventory of mystery-shopping firms.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

does this count as succ?

more along the lines of doomsday economics, but it is not unwelcome

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

There are so many bad commenters. The best was during the WV teacher strike almost every comment was about how WV needs to vote for a Democrat next time and then someone being told their governor was a Democrat and he switched to Republican.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

holy poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

holy poo poo lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hahahahahahahahahaha

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
you know i was wondering of 'lydia d. york' was an actual, real, fleshy person

i think she is, and her profile makes the whole thing so much worse

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

i need another drink.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I generally object to fishing out no-name twitter accounts with bad takes but this one is real funny

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Why are we posting honeypots? Clearly it was a troll account being 'willfully dense'.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
or-as we like to say here in America: rear end

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Horseshoe theory posted:

Why are we posting honeypots? Clearly it was a troll account being 'willfully dense'.

I dunno, I looked as her tl and it's concentrated Russia! succ. Unless... she's a Russian asset...

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Lmao her account is locked now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why the gently caress is youtube still celebrating a royal wedding? it's loving pissing me off

nah
Mar 16, 2009

because the royals are our betters and deserve our undying love and attention

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Wowie

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Condiv posted:

why the gently caress is youtube still celebrating a royal wedding? it's loving pissing me off

It's like the highest possible form of celebrity worship.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

I generally object to fishing out no-name twitter accounts with bad takes but this one is real funny

same

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/19...ntial-election/
:holymoley:

quote:

An extremely strange episode that has engulfed official Washington over the last two weeks came to a truly bizarre conclusion on Friday night. And it revolves around a long-time, highly sketchy CIA operative, Stefan Halper.

Four decades ago, Halper was responsible for a long-forgotten spying scandal involving the 1980 election, in which the Reagan campaign – using CIA officials managed by Halper, reportedly under the direction of former CIA Director and then-Vice-Presidential candidate George H.W. Bush – got caught running a spying operation from inside the Carter administration. The plot involved CIA operatives passing classified information about Carter’s foreign policy to Reagan campaign officials in order to ensure the Reagan campaign knew of any foreign policy decisions that Carter was considering.

Halper, through his CIA work, has extensive ties to the Bush family. Few remember that the CIA’s perceived meddling in the 1980 election – its open support for its former Director, George H.W. Bush to become President – was a somewhat serious political controversy. And Halper was in that middle of that, too.

In 1980, the Washington Post published an article reporting on the extremely unusual and quite aggressive involvement of the CIA in the 1980 presidential campaign. “Simply put, no presidential campaign in recent memory — perhaps ever — has attracted as much support from the intelligence community as the campaign of former CIA director Bush,” the article said.

So as it turns out, the informant used by the FBI in 2016 to gather information on the Trump campaign was not some previously unknown, top-secret asset whose exposure as an operative could jeopardize lives. Quite the contrary: his decades of work for the CIA – including his role in an obviously unethical if not criminal spying operation during the 1980 presidential campaign – is quite publicly known.

And now, as a result of some baffling choices by the nation’s largest news organizations as well as their anonymous sources inside the U.S. Government, Stefan Halper’s work for the FBI during the 2016 is also publicly known.

To begin with, the New York Times reported in December of last year that the FBI investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia began when George Papadopoulos drunkenly boasted to an Australian diplomat about Russian dirt on Hillary Clinton. It was the disclosure of this episode by the Australians that “led the F.B.I. to open an investigation in July 2016 into Russia’s attempts to disrupt the election and whether any of President Trump’s associates conspired,” the NYT claimed.

But it now seems clear that Halper’s attempts to gather information for the FBI began before that. “The professor’s interactions with Trump advisers began a few weeks before the opening of the investigation, when Page met the professor at the British symposium,” the Post reported. While it’s not rare for the FBI to gather information before formally opening an investigation, Halper’s earlier snooping does call into question the accuracy of the NYT’s claim that it was the drunken Papadopoulos ramblings that first prompted the FBI’s interest in these possible connections. And it suggests that CIA operatives, apparently working with at least some factions within the FBI, were trying to gather information about the Trump campaign earlier than had been previously reported.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Assume a deep state plot to stymie Trump.

Why is this bad?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's no wonder that the CIA was trying to undermine the Jimmy Carter's campaign.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Assume a deep state plot to stymie Trump.

Why is this bad?

Trump being incompetent makes him objectively better than the deep state

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

not enough republicans

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gradenko_2000 posted:

not enough republicans

I genuinely think I've heard more negative views about the wedding from Republicans than Democrats. Can anyone confirm this before I roast some True Blues?

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

I remember there being a big hubdub when the engagement was announced because racism, so I'd imagine the republican whining is more along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the wedding is an annoying case where it's enraging lovely white people, which is good; but also, a rich black woman marrying a monarch is not going to make anybody's life better who needs it

• Locked thread