Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Someone quote this so whiny woke britches can see it: STFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
looking foward to the end of the draft so i can download updated rosters with rookies from whoever is lowest on the tism spectrum and play Madden 19 franchise ahead of time

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Oberst posted:

This game is loving garbage and the devs should feel bad. Just another few months until the annual scud bends over to suck off ea season

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/8a2c1j/my_opponent_rage_quit_after_this_ridiculous/
Oh man that fumble bug has been around for fuckin ever, that's pretty hilarious.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Scud, was Rex fired or did he resign?

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 3, 2018

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Obviously forced out

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Wanted to put emphasis on core modes and not freemium modes.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
GIVE ME BETTER FRANCHISE MODE GOD DAMMIT

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

davecrazy posted:

Scud, was Rex fired or did he resign?

Dunno because I haven't really kept in touch with a lot of the guys on the team since moving across the ocean, but I have a feeling he was forced out. The team had to eat a bunch of crow whenever Rex went to E3 or talked to the press because he liked to say a bunch of unprompted poo poo that would have to be explained away.

He wasn't bad to work with in the times I dealt with him directly so I don't really have any ill words to speak about him besides the aforementioned stuff.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

gently caress why does RT both show the pre-snap play and also launch your goddamn player straight into an encroachment penalty if you check the play right before the snap gently caress

E: how long does EA own the rights to nfl games now

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 4, 2018

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

doctorthefonz posted:

gently caress why does RT both show the pre-snap play and also launch your goddamn player straight into an encroachment penalty if you check the play right before the snap gently caress

E: how long does EA own the rights to nfl games now

No one else has the assets or the engine to make a competent football game that doesn't look like poo poo. For all the poo poo people give EA, aa long as the NFL prints money off the game they will retain the licensen. It would require a concentrated effort to give it to someone else and have to be done a year or two in advance in order to give the new company time to develop and troubleshoot poo poo. I know the nfl doesn't wanna skip a year and miss sales

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

real_scud posted:

Dunno because I haven't really kept in touch with a lot of the guys on the team since moving across the ocean, but I have a feeling he was forced out. The team had to eat a bunch of crow whenever Rex went to E3 or talked to the press because he liked to say a bunch of unprompted poo poo that would have to be explained away.

He wasn't bad to work with in the times I dealt with him directly so I don't really have any ill words to speak about him besides the aforementioned stuff.

Seems like it would be easier to just not send him to press events.

Rex at least talked the talk about franchise mode. I'm worried that he might have been our last hope for the improvements that need to be made to that mode.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
hey is there an xbox one league

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

Seems like it would be easier to just not send him to press events.

Rex at least talked the talk about franchise mode. I'm worried that he might have been our last hope for the improvements that need to be made to that mode.
Yeah I don't know why they kept sending him to events/made him available to the press for interviews.

I don't think you really need to worry about franchise mode because there are still a lot of people who work on it and Rex wasn't even really involved in a lot of the franchise mode improvements, that was really on John White and some other designers out of Austin. Rex just happened to be the public mouthpiece for the gameplay team so he's the one who got to talk about it the most.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

real_scud posted:

Yeah I don't know why they kept sending him to events/made him available to the press for interviews.

I don't think you really need to worry about franchise mode because there are still a lot of people who work on it and Rex wasn't even really involved in a lot of the franchise mode improvements, that was really on John White and some other designers out of Austin. Rex just happened to be the public mouthpiece for the gameplay team so he's the one who got to talk about it the most.

Hopefully now that he's out he can explain why the game gets progressively worse with each Title Update/Patch. It's because of competitive MUT players. Blame could also be placed on how poor the playbooks are along with the horrific player movement that makes most running/passing concepts useless..

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Hopefully now that he's out he can explain why the game gets progressively worse with each Title Update/Patch. It's because of competitive MUT players. Blame could also be placed on how poor the playbooks are along with the horrific player movement that makes most running/passing concepts useless..
I guess I kinda mis-stated that. He was definitely involved in the core gameplay stuff because he was in charge of the gameplay guys which included the ex-Pro's like Clint, and had a lot of input for core mechanics like blocking/kicking/etc. He wasn't so involved with a lot of the core decisions for Franchise, at least from what I remember and it's been a few years now since I've moved on.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

The core mechanic of blocking everything aka dice rolls

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
nobody is in charge of franchise direction because it's been the same copy pasted poo poo for years with a few last second bandaids and the same bugs to boot

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah but it's not mut microtransaction, or some old mechanic they took out and are pretending is new so why should franchise have any direction (devs are garbage)

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
They had micro-transactions in Dynasty mode in NCAA 14 lol.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
new for madden 19

MUT franchise, use your MUT cards in CFM modes

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

If that accompanies an improved cfm, gently caress it, I'll do it

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

If that accompanies an improved cfm, gently caress it, I'll do it

Peak Stockholm here ya'll

even MUT this year is showing an alarming amount of stagnation. i havent played it now for a while but following a few other forums, EA is barely touching it content wise compared to the last few years and has been most of the year. EA has by all appearances dumped a silly amount of cash into pimping out it's "Madden Series" which uses the least popular mut mode (Salary Cap) and is just 16 dudes that have full network broadcast style gaming 'competing' against each other for a few million bucks, complete with sideline reporters and all kinds of stupid poo poo.

The gameplay these guys do is just run the same 3 plays out of a few gun bunch formations while nano-blitzing each other. It's a farce.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://imgur.com/a/SbrjRsy

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:stare: jesus it just keeps going

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Dubious posted:

Peak Stockholm here ya'll

Call it what you want, I just want to fill the hole that NFL Head Coach 09 left

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wish madden had a Football Manager style brother

FIFA scratches the gameplay itch, FM scratches my 'tism and roster management urges

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Have you tried Front Office Football?

It doesn't really have much in the way of Graphics but it's a top notch tism sim.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/Rex_Dickson_/status/996542145103151104

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Not unexpected, Clint's a nice guy and having played in the NFL means he usually knows his poo poo. Can also confirm he's fuckin huge.

Can also confirm the new kickmeter from 17 is entirely his baby. (That I tried to fix as much as I could)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You mean the one that randomly just dicerolls and decides you got blocked

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

real_scud posted:

Not unexpected, Clint's a nice guy and having played in the NFL means he usually knows his poo poo. Can also confirm he's fuckin huge.

Can also confirm the new kickmeter from 17 is entirely his baby. (That I tried to fix as much as I could)

Everyone who works on Madden is bad at their job

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

The all new rng to decide that your kick was blocked!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This really is annoying as hell.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

What really bugs me about kick blocks is the animation. It's always just the holder taking too long to spin the laces out and there's just two seconds where you can see what's going to happen and can't do anything to stop the impending return touchdown

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/MaddenBible/status/1000036090961629184

The Madden playbook really lets you know what their priorities are. Also, two of the replies to this tweet gave me cancer.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

https://twitter.com/MaddenBible/status/1000036090961629184

The Madden playbook really lets you know what their priorities are. Also, two of the replies to this tweet gave me cancer.

Franchise being up there with MUT and gameplay seems good?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
muthead interviewed the new head guy that came from blizzard

However it's the classic amateur retard interviewing a guy who's not allowed to say anything of substance so I fell asleep after about 8 minutes. I also skipped the first 6 so I didn't have to here him re-cap who he was which was already written under the video.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

muthead interviewed the new head guy that came from blizzard

However it's the classic amateur retard interviewing a guy who's not allowed to say anything of substance so I fell asleep after about 8 minutes. I also skipped the first 6 so I didn't have to here him re-cap who he was which was already written under the video.

https://twitter.com/ZAN_4PM/status/1000033732668125186

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

This game is going to be hot garbage and I'm going to play it

• Locked thread