Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_d6203840-5b78-11e8-9b8c-27ae3bda02a3.html

quote:

Yelder has always been a little overlooked. A basketball player who decided not to play football until his junior year at Southern High in Louisville, Ky. — in part, Yelder said, because he didn't think the football program was good enough, an idea he now thinks was ridiculous — Yelder arrived at Western Kentucky as a preferred walk-on.

Where have I heard something similar to a previous Saints TE????? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

probably a garbage player if you can't think of the name

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

incompetent posted:

probably a garbage player if you can't think of the name

he's dead to me now :argh:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

he's dead to me now :argh:

:same:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Keanu may actually kill a man this year.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/998633869011312641?s=19

Looks like we play Baltimore on Dec 2nd...:rip: Willie Snead

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

which pharmacy does he go to?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

incompetent posted:

which pharmacy does he go to?

A good one!

My favorite Keanu hits...in no particular order...

e:

Still don't know how tf Evans held onto that ball...

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 21, 2018

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

A good one!

My favorite Keanu hits...in no particular order...

Still don't know how tf Evans held onto that ball...

I was literally going to type this exact same thing. Evans is a beast of a man.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I was literally going to type this exact same thing. Evans is a beast of a man.

He is. iirc though he dropped an easy pass earlier that game because I remember (could be wrong) being like "You catch THAT but not the other ball?!". Evans is such a stud. NFCS WRs >

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wtf is going on with Julio?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Wtf is going on with Julio?

No more guaranteed money on his contract.

Wants guaranteed money on his contract.

Pay the man his guaranteed money!

Though it's all speculation right now per Rappaport. He wasn't at OTA's last year either. Team doesn't seem worried about it. :shrug:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 22, 2018

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I mean it may not be guaranteed but it might as well be, they aren't getting rid of him. Still dumb NFL contacts aren't guaranteed.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I think it’s dumb that other sports contracts are fully guaranteed.

Sucks that the one sport with the most injuries and where guys can’t play for as long is the sport without guarantees though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
He's never been or done anything like this, so it's got me worried.

Slowpoke! posted:

I think it’s dumb that other sports contracts are fully guaranteed.

Sucks that the one sport with the most injuries and where guys can’t play for as long is the sport without guarantees though.

It does suck, but isn't that surprising to have evolved as it has. Rich people (the owners) fuckin' SUCK. The NFLPA needs to push for full guarantees.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 22, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He's never been or done anything like this, so it's got me worried.

Tbf he really hasn't...done...anything yet other than skip otas which he has done before. I didn't get the impression that he was holding out into tc but I guess we will see.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tbf he really hasn't...done...anything yet other than skip otas which he has done before. I didn't get the impression that he was holding out into tc but I guess we will see.

Also deleted his social media.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Also deleted his social media.

Did you see his social media before? Lol. Julio and social media basically don't coexist. That was a nonstory. Plus he still follows a lot of Falcons and the team on Twitter.

I'm gonna look real dumb when he holds out and demands a trade.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Did you see his social media before? Lol. Julio and social media basically don't coexist. That was a nonstory. Plus he still follows a lot of Falcons and the team on Twitter.

I'm gonna look real dumb when he holds out and demands a trade.

He's talking with the team if he has concerns, but all he'd get is maybe some of his money guaranteed.

He's probably a little pissed we drafted a 1st round wide-receiver and thinks it might be over concerns for his foot in the long-term.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He's talking with the team if he has concerns, but all he'd get is maybe some of his money guaranteed.

He's probably a little pissed we drafted a 1st round wide-receiver and thinks it might be over concerns for his foot in the long-term.

Sounds like the Antonio Brown situation a couple years ago. Pitt moved up some money for a couple years and Brown was happy. Not a extension really, just moving around money in his existent contract so he gets more now. As it stands I think Julio is like the 9th highest paid wr in the league. That probably has more to do with it than the Ridley pick tbh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Or let’s blame TO for turning Julio into a diva...

Maybe he will get some drat pi calls now!

/lowers glasses and stares at Lattimore

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sounds like the Antonio Brown situation a couple years ago. Pitt moved up some money for a couple years and Brown was happy. Not a extension really, just moving around money in his existent contract so he gets more now. As it stands I think Julio is like the 9th highest paid wr in the league. That probably has more to do with it than the Ridley pick tbh

That's how contracts work, though. He used to be the highest pair WR in the league.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

That's how contracts work, though. He used to be the highest pair WR in the league.

Yeah I agree. Every year someone else is setting a record for money and everyone else’s contract looks small. Welcome to the nfl I guess?

The Ridley pick does make it interesting if he actually does hold out...obviously it would be a hit but not as bad since Ridley seems ready day 1 to contribute.

Whatever ain’t my money pay the man and let’s win some ball games

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Or let’s blame TO for turning Julio into a diva...

Maybe he will get some drat pi calls now!

/lowers glasses and stares at Lattimore

If you’re Julio’s size and you let a 6 foot rookie mug you then you don’t deserve a flag.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you’re Julio’s size and you let a 6 foot rookie mug you then you don’t deserve a flag.

I mean...size means nothing when you are about to receive a pass and get tackled before the ball even hits your hands...

Let's see how good Michael Thomas catches from his back when Alford spears him a second before the ball gets there :colbert: OH WAIT Alford would get flagged!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao the Bucs longest TD run last year was 2 yards.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Julio disappearing in the red zone will forever be one of the most unexplainable mysteries to me...

https://twitter.com/PFF_Falcons/status/998969999506198528

https://twitter.com/PFF_Falcons/status/998949264142356481

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 22, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah because he doesn’t play physical and doesn’t have room to outrun people in the end zone.

He makes devin funchess look like steve smith.

Should trade him straight up for Christian mccaffery imo

Gonna call him Julio Downey cause he’s so soft. Don’t @ me

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Here you go Chili:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/998986835354415105

Also Blank just said Julio will be a Falcon forever so I guess next topic? Makes sense hitching Julio to Matt. Gonna be some dark days when those two are done. :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

And there you go Panthers bros...you got your owner.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/998988482067517440

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/998989648335695872

I still cannot fathom having 2.2B in cash...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh man I can’t believe the guy hand picked by the Rooney’s to buy the panthers was approved.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh man I can’t believe the guy hand picked by the Rooney’s to buy the panthers was approved.

Get your terrible towel ready, Fiz

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Get your terrible towel ready, Fiz

NC has enough Steelers fans already.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Julio has always been a home run target. He needs space to thrive.

Matt also isn't very good at throwing to the corner inside the red zone. He's much more comfortable over the middle in that spot, which is why having good tight ends is so important... and why not having good tight ends has been absolutely loving us.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So much red text on this page. WTF are you guys doing?

Also, having talented TE's is cool and good and I'm glad the Bucs have Brate and OJ.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

So much red text on this page. WTF are you guys doing?

Also, having talented TE's is cool and good and I'm glad the Bucs have Brate and OJ.

I was being a lovely poster that someone didn't like 2 years ago. :shrug:

prolly still am, but the av hasn't changed since then.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I was being a lovely poster that someone didn't like 2 years ago. :shrug:

prolly still am, but the av hasn't changed since then.

Yours has Charlesthehammer written all over it...

Mine was, I think, MJBuddy being a fragile little girl when I was talking about the Saints being obsessed with the Falcons.

Fiz's...I dunno...someone probably couldn't handle the truth lol

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I wanna know what Fiz did (again).

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

wandler20 posted:

having talented TE's is cool and good and I'm glad the Bucs have Brate and OJ.

That duo won't miss a step. I expect that Howard will slowly begin to get more snaps and more targets this year, exactly how you want to develop a young tight end. Brate is super reliable and still extremely young. Those two could easily be the best tight end group in the division for some time imo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/998987351727792128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I legit love Gerald McCoy. Why he gotta be a Buc?

• Locked thread