Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’m sorry, but basically anything is cooler than an ugly loser Pokémon that was made the mascot of two separate generations without ever being given a non-ridiculous design. Mewtwo isn’t actually terrible but it’s nowhere near cool enough to get 780 BST.
Mewtwo is an angry deformed embryo, that's cool as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

As someone who's played tekken and also is real poo poo at fighting games, how is pokken

Edit: I don't know if tekken has anything to do with it but they both end in - kken

its made by a lot of the same people is why they both end in -ken. pokken is really really fun and very easy to get into! there are some similarities to tekken but its pretty different, the phase shift mechanic makes it very unique. it has a much bigger emphasis on ranged fighting as well

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’m sorry, but basically anything is cooler than an ugly loser Pokémon that was made the mascot of two separate generations without ever being given a non-ridiculous design. Mewtwo isn’t actually terrible but it’s nowhere near cool enough to get 780 BST.

who the gently caress

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

turn your monitor on

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mew is cute

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I hate Lucario's head polyp hair things, but I think Mega Lucario looks ok. I also hate Raikou's butt. All the other dogs are good dogs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that's his dreds, he's a rasta dog

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

EthanSteele posted:

I also hate Raikou's butt.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
That is just the way I feel. I'm sorry.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Lucario is my favorite pokemon not named Gengar, and I won't stand for any badmouthing of it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Just started pokemon sun, pretty hosed up that apparently there are people that dont choose the round grass owl.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
MMM yeah, a clownish seal or literally just a cat. Gonna choose them over a wise round bird. Fools.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My cat stands up and shoves your bird in a locker, dweeb

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DeanMcCoppln/status/997920824509321216

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Eox posted:

My cat stands up and shoves your bird in a locker, dweeb

Your cat's steroid-enhanced paw phases right through my bird's body because by the time my bird is grown it has suffused itself in the souls of the Damned. Nothing personal, kid.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
actually darkest lariet is super effective against ghost

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is someone talking poo poo about Popplio again

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pooplio

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All Popplio haters need to leave this thread right now

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

But then no one will post in this thread.

And I will be glad.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

cheetah7071 posted:

All Popplio haters need to leave this thread right now

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Poplin can hang, it is unwise to disrespect fairy types and their offspring

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:havlat:

All I got

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

"WHO IS THE BEST STARTER OF GEN 7"
"*"
"WRONG ANSWER, TERRORIST"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Compared to the other two, the Popplio line doesn't get instantly outclassed by other pokémon

Catch yourself a Magnemite in Hau'oli and watch the difficulty curve shatter faster than it did in XY

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:wooper:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Lucario has a lot of problems if you look at it closely. The spikes that do nothing, the weird shapeless tail, the jorts, the donut shoulders... The worst is its mouth, which works like this:

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Adrien Brodycario

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Lucario has a lot of problems if you look at it closely. The spikes that do nothing, the weird shapeless tail, the jorts, the donut shoulders... The worst is its mouth, which works like this:

I mean 3D Homer looks a lot weirder than 2D Homer

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lucario's entire muzzle tends to be drawn oddly whenever it shows up and it gets distracting in otherwise good scenes

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Sometimes the Lucarios have a normal dog mouth which is good. The weird big nose with a people mouth is awful looking.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

EthanSteele posted:

Sometimes the Lucarios have a normal dog mouth which is good. The weird big nose with a people mouth is awful looking.
Agreed. I'm fine with anthro pokemon but Lucario just has a lot of legit poor design. Even Zoroark has a proper snout and I think the weird proportions look good on it, you could see how it would go on all fours. And I'm making that comparison bc the Zoroark line was similarily hyped up and rare as the Lucario line, and because they're both anthro canids with black-and-pop-of-color color schemes and and 'edgy' feel. I think it's pretty fair to compare them and I think I like Zoroark's execution better. I guess it also comes down to a more streamlined design? Lucario has a lot of stuff going on which gives it more room to trip up. The, uh, the fur shorts don't help, though.

Zorua and Zoroark have a pretty fun gimmick, too.

EDIT: This is fanart but it illustrates what I mean fairly well when it comes to Zoroark looking more like a fantasy canid than Lucario does.

Source

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 21, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Most Pokemon you can at least make a reasonable guess as to what type they are based on their appearance, and Lucario's one of the most glaring exceptions. I think it looks a lot more like a Dark type than Fighting, and it doesn't look the least bit like Steel. Oh wow, a few spikes, like there aren't a zillion other Pokemon with pointy bits who aren't Steel.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What a pity no one's done a lucario redesign with metal braces/weights on its arms and legs

Or maybe make its Jojo Shoulder Wheels and dreadlocks steel-colored - give it a Sentai/Kamen helmet like Ledian

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Hey, I'll wonder trade away all my 5iv magikarps, should be fun! Hey, a shiny Slakoth, cool! Hey, it's named Porch Monkey, significantly less cool.

Edit: poo poo, the OT is even Randal from clerks, they really went all out on this racist joke.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 21, 2018

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OgreNoah posted:

Hey, I'll wonder trade away all my 5iv magikarps, should be fun! Hey, a shiny Slakoth, cool! Hey, it's named Porch Monkey, significantly less cool.

I hear they're taking it back.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Mizuti posted:

You just listed everything great about Lucario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The source of the Let's Go Pikachu rumor says there will only be the original 151 to start with.
Battling is the same.
No Jhoto or Kanto

If it doesn't say Real Leaks !!VcYyqWkqKyF in the name field, they're some kid that doesn't know how 4chan tripcodes work.