Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You don't even want to know about Aboriginal Australians.
Actually most frenchmen remember how the Australian press and public constantly harassed Marie José Perec (a three-time Olympic gold medalist)
in the olympic village during the sidney olympic game, to the point she had a nervous breakdown and ended up forfeiting her 400m run. In the end, the Australian were so happy Cathy Freeman, their aboriginal champion, ended up winning gold in the 400m thanks to that("ah the highly symbolic emotional moment, clearly we aren't racist mates!"), you wonder if they ever realized they had to harass a black woman to achieve that result.
edit: of course it could be that it all happened in Marie Joe's little crazy head....

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
"Les chinois du FBI!" God I still remember this debacle...

https://twitter.com/OlivierCyran/status/997964633020485632

Also, lol even Bourdin is dumbfounded by those comments.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^^^^ yeah, can you guess how he did help "solve" the sdf problem in the Lyon region?

Numero6 posted:

"Les chinois du FBI!" God I still remember this debacle...
I still wonder if the coverage would still be so much against her as it was in 2000 if it was happening today.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 20, 2018

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
So this is fairly relevant to France and Macron: a political researcher says data from two surveys suggest that centrists are less supportive of democracy than the far-left or the far-right.

Centrists also tend to support authoritarianism more than the far-left, but still less than the far-right:

There are other graphs in the article, but they don't show data about France.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The part where they ask people if they support Authoritarianism and centrists are in 2th position behind the far right is the best part, yes.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 25, 2018

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Woah total media blackout on today's huge popular protest:

Lol at the threatening slogans and arabic signs. I'm also really fond of their motto

Dommage que la justice ait géré ça n'importe comment plutot que de hausser les épaules.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
C'est presque comme si la justice et la police étaient incapable de pas verser dans l'intimidation et la violence dès qu'il s'agit d'interagir avec des noirs. On se demande pourquoi.

Bon sinon, "Gérard Collomb est un facho", épisode 351:

https://twitter.com/ellensalvi/status/1000429384157794304

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Gérard Collomb ou le Fouchet moderne. Ou s'il interdit vraiment le droit de manifester en France, le nouveau Jules de Polignac, je le crains.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So is he sending the censoring merdothugs back to the homeland or what

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What does that even mean

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Je parle des racailles pro erdogan qui sont venus menacer des employés de kiosque a journaux parce que la une du point leur déplaît. hth.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Ca fait déjà 3 fois que tu te manges une probation parce que tu n'as pas pu t'empêcher de troller ce thread, tu n'as pas autre chose à foutre

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Troller :rolleyes:

Poste un truc bien si tu veux vOv

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

OK ben en ce qui me concerne j'espère que le bijoutier niçois va prendre 15 ans

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Serge Dassault est mort.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Ce sont toujours les meilleurs qui partent les premiers.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Bien.

Edit: Après avoir prit Pierre Bellemare, Dieu s'est dit qu'il fallait équilibrer les choses.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So will the fascist win in either France or Italy next time and the EU will collapse? Are we all fated to be kicked out of the places where we moved to earn a better living and be forced to return to our lovely countries of origin and die there?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not if you can manage the scale a building to save a toddler while getting yelled at exam.
e: otoh, if you deserve it..

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 28, 2018

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
As a Brit who is seriously considering renouncing his citizenship when GB finally leaves, it's a tragedy whether it works out better just for Britain, for the rest of the EU, for both or for neither. Regardless of the outcome, it shows that people are greedy, racist arseholes who are incapable of working together for the better good, and we may as well just sit back and get ready for another huge war at some point.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Breaking News: Gérald Darmanin est un tas de merde.

https://twitter.com/EliMartichoux/status/1001344331578527744

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

Breaking News: Gérald Darmanin est un tas de merde.

https://twitter.com/EliMartichoux/status/1001344331578527744
Comme si les accussations de viols et d'abus de faiblesse n'étaient pas suffissantes.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Ce n’est pas une nouvelle.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
So that "Spiderman" hero guy is all over my loving Facebook feed and while the dude is awesome and all, everyone is praising Macron for giving the guy citizenship like he's not a giant piece of poo poo doing his best to make sure the only people getting French citizenship are good pure laine Cathos.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HookShot posted:

So that "Spiderman" hero guy is all over my loving Facebook feed and while the dude is awesome and all, everyone is praising Macron for giving the guy citizenship like he's not a giant piece of poo poo doing his best to make sure the only people getting French citizenship are good pure laine Cathos.
I think it's more about the contrast with some leader from other countries.

Edit: eric woerth viens d'etre mis en examen dans l'affaire du financement de la campagne de sarkopourpresident 2007 pour "complicité de financement illégal de la campagne". Personne n'est surpris.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 29, 2018

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Toplowtech posted:

I think it's more about the contrast with some leader from other countries.

Theresa May does it with a sneer, Trump does it by yelling about Mexicans, Macron does it with a smile. That's the real contrast.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Et puis, "il y a des aides sociales" attribuées lorsqu'on est "entre deux périodes d'activité. Et malheureusement elles ne sont pas incitatives pour sortir de cette période d'inactivité", a poursuivi Gérald Darmanin. Nous devons réfléchir "à notre système social, notamment sur ce deuxième point", a-t-il ajouté, citant l'exemple de la prime d'activité, attribuée aux travailleurs à revenus modestes.

Lancée en janvier 2016 pour remplacer le RSA-activité et la prime pour l'emploi (PPE), la prime d'activité est versée aux travailleurs modestes. Elle a connu une montée en charge très rapide. Au point d'inquiéter Bercy, qui craint un dérapage budgétaire. Gérald Darmanin a souligné :

"En 2016, quand elle a été créée, c'était quatre milliards d'euros. Aujourd'hui, c'est six [...] alors qu'on a une croissance économique et des créations d'emplois."

It's like that extra wealth.. doesn't benefit the workers?
Nah they're playing xbox.

Une opinion signé moi, un clébard du medef qui vendra la france au plus offrant.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
J'aime bien ce gouvernement qui lutte farouchement contre ces paresseux de chômeurs tout en supprimant les impôts des rentiers. Si vous voulez être inactif, il vous faut être riche ; dans ce cas l'état est prêt à dépenser des dizaines de milliards en réduction d'impôts.

Au passage, le chômage est à nouveau en augmentation, mais ça on ne l'a pas trop dit, ça nuirait un peu à l'image de Saint Emmanuel le Réformateur.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
e nvm

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/LCP/status/1001731214649147392

C'est assez amusant parce que nous vivons dans un monde invraisemblable.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

:psyduck: Si le canard creve a cause de cette loi, c'est la fin de la cinquieme.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't apply to the bullshit our administration spews all day long obviously

e: curious whether this parcoursup laugh is legit.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 31, 2018

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Bolloré a finalement réussi à tuer les Guignols de l'info pour de bon

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Let me guess, the audience was poo poo since they made it encrypted and fired all the authors?
Now watch TF1 restart the bebete show.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think Chirac was still president the last time I watched the Guignols.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Toplowtech posted:

Let me guess, the audience was poo poo since they made it encrypted and fired all the authors?

Slashed its budget and cut it down to 4 minutes too, apparently.

Cat Mattress posted:

I think Chirac was still president the last time I watched the Guignols.

Same, but this is still why_we_cant_have_nice_things.txt

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
at this point its a mercy kill

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Sure, but by the same people who starved it to death in the first place, so...

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
That's conservatism for you... cut the funding, support and staff for anything that you don't like and then point out how "big gubment" (yes, many Americans do pronounce it this way) or the private entity doesn't work. It's the same principle as starving a race horse to save money and then pointing out that it can't run very fast before shooting it in the head, but most people aren't smart enough to pick up on this simple premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Those sound bites from lrem dudes are :thermidor: as gently caress