Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't disagree it's just that "everything is terrible" hasn't been funny, like, ever and people still keep doing it.

It's ok to like things.

The question was "What other companies have hosed up spectactularly" and Mega 64 answered it with a handful of names. Nothing was said to be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

kirbysuperstar posted:

The question was "What other companies have hosed up spectactularly" and Mega 64 answered it with a handful of names. Nothing was said to be terrible.

I wasn't referencing m64's post you goober.

Some other lazy unfunny shithead made yet another post about "blorg shlorg all games and developers and publishers never do anything right" and I can't believe I'm the only one tired of it after a billion pages in multiple threads.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I know what I'M tired of...

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Konami noooooo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

corn in the bible posted:

I know what I'M tired of...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Every game in the series is terrible, if you agree say "Let's mosey"

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UYlt0VKIw0

let's mosey

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've finished FF2 and am playing the NES version of FF3 now. Not having any trouble so far, though is there anything I should be aware of? I seem to recall horror stories about the final dungeon.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Mega64 posted:

Every game in the series is terrible, if you agree say "Let's mosey"
This is a logical conundrum. How am I supposed to affirm a series is terrible when the affirmation is a righteous quote from the series.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Raxivace posted:

I've finished FF2 and am playing the NES version of FF3 now. Not having any trouble so far, though is there anything I should be aware of? I seem to recall horror stories about the final dungeon.

FF3 NES is fun overall, with a few low points, and a facinating look into how the series did, and didn't, develop. The only pitfall I can think of is that sometimes you are forced to use magic, so you can't skip it entirely if for some reason you wanted to.

The last dungeon is also a brutal slog that demonstrates why save points in dungeons are a good thing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Raxivace posted:

The final dungeon is like two hours long and has no save points. So feel free to use save states, if you want.

The final boss is difficult but mostly people who complain are thinking of 3 DS where the final boss can randomly decide to just unavoidably kill you with no recourse and set you back two hours

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Final dungeon of 3 is super long with really only 1 spot where you pop out and can save. Save states for emulators are a godsend.

The hardest dungeons are the one where you need to turn mini (this happens early on) and the ancient dungeon where enemies split. There's another dungeon where enemies split but you'll have weapons that prevent the enemies from doing that by then.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Raxivace posted:

Ninja and Sage really are just strictly better than everything else in the game once you get them, you're not missing any secret mechanic or anything. And the final dungeon has no save points and you will never be able to buy Phoenix Downs. But beyond that there's nothing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ninja and Sage were so far and away the best jobs in FF3 that they made them the super powered modes for Onion in Dissidia :V

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
S-E needs a BlazBlue X Tag Battle game for their products. I never envisioned the day when Jin Kisaragi would be beating the poo poo out of Monty Oum's abominations, but now that the day is almost here, I want to see a game where Celes can beat up Aya Brea.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Gologle posted:

S-E needs a BlazBlue X Tag Battle game for their products. I never envisioned the day when Jin Kisaragi would be beating the poo poo out of Monty Oum's abominations, but now that the day is almost here, I want to see a game where Celes can beat up Aya Brea.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

You might be joking, but I genuinely would be pleased to see the Ehrgeiz name revived as a vehicle for an S-E crossover fighter.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

was skeptical as hell but this slaps

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I would like Ehrgeiz rebooted just because I want another rpg where your stats increase depending on the diet you have for your character. Weird old rpg mechanics like that need to make a return!

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
gently caress Ehrgeiz. Bushido Blade!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Leal posted:

I would like Ehrgeiz rebooted just because I want another rpg where your stats increase depending on the diet you have for your character. Weird old rpg mechanics like that need to make a return!

In Yakuza 6 you can go to the gym, and if you eat what your personal trainer tells you to, you get more buffer

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Leal posted:

I miss the fiddly stats and stuff like that, and I feel like a lot of RPGs both western and eastern threw out a lot of good complexity while also streamlining things that really need it.

That's why the Elder Scrolls games are a tragedy to me; each one is probably a better game than the last by most ways you could judge that, but each one takes away more fun sideline customization and poo poo like that. And honestly, I have a lesser but similar feeling about Final Fantasy; XV might well be a good game, but it's a good game that looked at all the parts of the genre and series I enjoy and went 'nah'.

It could be worse, though, because recent years have proven that there's both an audience willing to buy, and developers willing to make, stuff like that. Pillars of Eternity was an enormous part of that to me, but massive points to Persona 5 as well for managing to both give me a lot of difficulty and a whole lot of toys to play with to deal with that.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 18, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
With Hyrule Warriors being re-released for the switch, I feel like now we need a Final Fantasy Dynasty Warriors game now.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Type-0 is a lot like DW if you squint.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

seiferguy posted:

With Hyrule Warriors being re-released for the switch, I feel like now we need a Final Fantasy Dynasty Warriors game now.

Was Ninety Nine Nights not good enough for you?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

Never had a 360 post 2007 :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

zedprime posted:

Type-0 is a lot like DW if you squint.

Nooooo

Barudak posted:

Nooooo

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

CeallaSo posted:

You might be joking, but I genuinely would be pleased to see the Ehrgeiz name revived as a vehicle for an S-E crossover fighter.

If it came out today, I think it would do well as a For Honor clone.

seiferguy posted:

We'll see it sooner or later. Koei-Tecmo is effectively becoming a grunt developer for bigger publishers. They don't have success in mobile gaming and their in-house IPs have seen better days.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

man nurse posted:

Square is continuing to fix Chrono Trigger on Steam. Now it has an SNES graphics option and a new UI:

They still have issues with their tiles being very noticeable and not meshing well but maybe they're going to keep at it.

Himuro posted:

Please do that for V and VI!

This but also let it replace the lovely FFD sprites with the SNES ones.

Calaveron posted:

Sir, this is the final fantasy thread. I will poo poo on Nintendo when I’m in the switch thread and Konami never because honestly getting rid of Kolima was the right thing to do and who could’ve foreseen the changes in gambling laws

Konami deserves to be poo poo on for what they did to Suikoden. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mma9d7MY2cU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Why is so much of FFXIV,”do you remember when?!” the mmorpg?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Himuro posted:

Why is so much of every ff that?

This raid cycle is the only time that it's just explicit references. Everything else is like every other ff where they take the names and designs and concepts and modify them to fit the original setting and lore.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 20, 2018

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Himuro posted:

define "so much"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not part of a Hildibrand quest where Godbert suplexes it. Voted 1.

Also I'm the 27865453rd person to make that joke.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Himuro posted:

Because that keeps a lot of people subscribed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Himuro posted:

You're kinda dumb if you can't see why without asking.

I mean unless you're 15 and don't know what nostalgia is yet.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I despise references to a series whose thread I made over 2000 posts in over the span of six years. They should try to be more relevant by focusing more on referencing real world events, like the royal wedding or the fact we're gonna get the same NBA final four years in a row

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I don't even know what the hell I'm posting anymore, send help (e: don't actually send help)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

I despise references to a series whose thread I made over 2000 posts in over the span of six years. They should try to be more relevant by focusing more on referencing real world events, like the royal wedding or the fact we're gonna get the same NBA final four years in a row

personally i'd rather just play ff6 than play ff14 where they tell me "remember this cool scene in ff6???!?!?!"

so there's this disconnect, where i no longer want to play the game you have to pay for montly, because i'd rather play the game it's referencing for no money at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

personally i'd rather just play ff6 than play ff14 where they tell me "remember this cool scene in ff6???!?!?!"

so there's this disconnect, where i no longer want to play the game you have to pay for montly, because i'd rather play the game it's referencing for no money at all

pirate