Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If I recall, the SCP site has all it's stuff under an open license so it's fair game I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
According to their FAQ the version of the CC license they use does allow derivative works to be sold, but it's also viral, so you can't stop other people from copying your work freely.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please read this people: https://mangadex.org/chapter/324900/1

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
That is definitely the most Plutonis manga ever

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

This kicks major rear end.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That makes me think like if the Suicide Island/Holyland guy wrote a manga with an old salaryman as the protagonist. It has the whole "person from Modern Life finds happiness from living The Rugged Life" thing going on.

So did he just die from Ebola at the end there or something? Trying to think if other "bleed through all the holes" diseases.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ytlaya posted:

That makes me think like if the Suicide Island/Holyland guy wrote a manga with an old salaryman as the protagonist. It has the whole "person from Modern Life finds happiness from living The Rugged Life" thing going on.

So did he just die from Ebola at the end there or something? Trying to think if other "bleed through all the holes" diseases.

Guessing it's his high blood pressure.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know what to think about the latest reveal in To You, The Immortal. Is it even a reveal? Is it true?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

that's a good yam

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
There was this super chill manga about an artisanal coal maker in japan. It was just his working life close to nature, no big developments or anything. I'm trying to remember the name.

edit: this was an easy one to look up: Tales of a Charcoal Burner

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sumiyaki-Monogatari

nerdz fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 29, 2018

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Rodyle posted:

I don't know what to think about the latest reveal in To You, The Immortal. Is it even a reveal? Is it true?
It's a pretty holy poo poo game-changer. No way does the world stay the same after this, whether or not it's true. Word of something like that is going to spread like wildfire.

I'm 99% certain it's a knocker controlling it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I feel like it just COULDN'T be true but also want it to be if for no other reason than that's absolutely bananas.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rodyle posted:

I feel like it just COULDN'T be true but also want it to be if for no other reason than that's absolutely bananas.

Skip right past Fushi learning to be more human to him being some sort of grey goo necromancer covering the world with copies of his friends.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
New Bungou Stray Dogs is up.

The characters' uncertainty about Kunikida's fate makes me think he's still alive. It will be bullshit if he isn't at least seriously injured, but Akiko can fix that, probably.

Speaking of Akiko, I wonder if she'll end up curing Mitchell's coma and/or Akutagawa's cough of death.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Squidster posted:

It's a pretty holy poo poo game-changer. No way does the world stay the same after this, whether or not it's true. Word of something like that is going to spread like wildfire.

I'm 99% certain it's a knocker controlling it

I suspect it'll be something like your spoilered speculation as well, because something just feels off about this... Like it does not quite fit the established rules.

This is the very first instance we've seen of Fushi actually replicating a creature - although it's unclear if he's replicating a corpse (how does he move, then?) or if the cast-off shell is living yet mindless. If it's the latter, that would mean Fushi replicated the girl as he last remembers her... Dying of a deadly disease. Does this mean she's still sick? Or does the illness no longer apply, for some reason? It seems to me there's something else going on here.

Not to mention all the other questions this creates. What happens to somebody's shape as Fushi remembers them before death, if they then somehow continue living? Does all this mean that Fushi will eventually be able to create new bodies for the spirits following him, which they can then inhabit?

tl;dr: HOLY poo poo SO MANY QUESTIONS

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It doesn't make sense though. Remember when Fushi replicated his first human body after he was defeated in the tournament and was captured?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

It doesn't make sense though. Remember when Fushi replicated his first human body after he was defeated in the tournament and was captured?
That raises even more horrifying questions. What if that one woke up as well? Fushi left the island straight after making it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Don't forget the zombie Knockers that appeared.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Just before, Bon ( who sees dead people ) is talking to the empty air, and then whoever he's talking to vanishes. I think the hovering ghost was dragged back into a replacement home. Maybe it IS possible.

While we did see Kahak in the room with the thing, we don't see him interact with the body at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kahak's knocker-infected arm doesn't work the next time he needs it, and the poor dead girl has some distorted features

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I don't know if anyone's been reading Hibiki but it's pretty good

https://mangadex.org/manga/21108/hibiki-shousetsuka-ni-naru-houhou

Allarion posted:

I read all of Hibiki - Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou today. Hibiki is good. Also she's goddamn insane.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I liked the chapter where Hibiki showed she could even write Twilight better than anyone else.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Silver2195 posted:

New Bungou Stray Dogs is up.

The characters' uncertainty about Kunikida's fate makes me think he's still alive. It will be bullshit if he isn't at least seriously injured, but Akiko can fix that, probably.

Speaking of Akiko, I wonder if she'll end up curing Mitchell's coma and/or Akutagawa's cough of death.

I don't think Kunikida or his hunting dog target died there. Any ideas how they're communicating outside the prison?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think Kunikida or his hunting dog target died there. Any ideas how they're communicating outside the prison?

Yay, I'm not the only one here reading it!

The Hunting Dog guy definitely isn't dead, since they've been stated to have enhanced bodies in addition to their Abilities.

As for how they're communicating, the first possibility that came to mind was a third prisoner's Ability, but that probably wouldn't be very narratively satisfying (especially since it would imply that the prison's security measures are not great). Knowing Dostoevsky, it's probably some kind of absurdly elaborate signalling system that relies on Dostoevsky's absurdly good memory.

Dostoevsky can be a cool villain sometimes, but he can also be kind of annoying when he crosses the line between "extremely smart" and "virtually omniscient." The end of the previous arc struck the right balance; he lost, but only because everyone else at once was working against him. But then it was revealed that he let himself get caught on purpose, which made me go "Ugh." Though I guess it could mean that he allowed himself to be captured as a backup plan, rather than intending to lose on purpose from the very beginning.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Allarion posted:

I don't know if anyone's been reading Hibiki but it's pretty good

https://mangadex.org/manga/21108/hibiki-shousetsuka-ni-naru-houhou

This is one of my favorite series right now.

I love how the "villain" of the story is Japanese society's penalizing of creative women. But that's too amorphous a concept so the author created Hibiki's friend who is trying to shape Hibiki into becoming the perfect little wife for him and making their lives as banal as possible. Of course she's the kind of person who hits people with chairs so she probably won't be having any of that, but it'll be fun to see that conflict come to a head when he starts realizing Hibiki won't just follow his plan.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Jeez i didn’t realize Hibiki had like 12 chapters scanlated in the last two weeks, awesome!

Her showdown with the tabloid reporter was tense, and even creepier was her boyfriend showing up

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Has Raise wa Tanin ga ii come up in this thread before

1.5(?) new chapters are out

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The Beatles manga is pretty fun. I love the art and the faces are weirdly cute - muscly Lennon analogue has huge kawaii eyes etc. The story is dumb as poo poo but I'm entertained.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nihilarian posted:

Has Raise wa Tanin ga ii come up in this thread before

1.5(?) new chapters are out

The plot summary makes this sound like nisekoi but it goes off those rails instantly

I liked when she sold her kidney for ??reasons? In the second chapter

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Fellis posted:

Jeez i didn’t realize Hibiki had like 12 chapters scanlated in the last two weeks, awesome!

Her showdown with the tabloid reporter was tense, and even creepier was her boyfriend showing up

It was creepy and also farcical. I think I've laughed out loud more at Hibiki than any other manga.

When I read that part I actually said "THIS motherfucker". When he calls her "fraulein"

Also "Hibiki" does the 'realization of what real talent is' so well. Whether its amateurs or pros, their reactions when they're forced to reckon with real talent is so relatable. The feeling of crushing unworthiness, seeing just how far the gap is.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 6, 2018

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I just like that Hibiki genuinely likes authors and respects them, only getting upset when they start half-assing it. And even when they're a poor writer like Kayoko, she's just up front about what could be improved. Also there's been more chapters put out in the last couple of days, so this press conference has went as you expect it would.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Silver Spoon is a food manga.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
hachidad is one of a kind

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://mangadex.org/manga/12132/wanitokagegisu

This series is, how you say "FTW"

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

It's entertaining but I can't even deal with how grotesque some of the character designs are. Makes my hair itch.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

His art reminds me alot of the I Am A Hero guys.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yes, but even more hairy and oily and gross.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ibram Gaunt posted:

His art reminds me alot of the I Am A Hero guys.

Furuya Minoru and Kengo Hanazawa have very similar styles both in drawing and writing. He's the creator of Ping Pong Club, if you read it or watched it. I recommend reading Ciguatera for an extremely similar vibe. Also himizu, but be warned that himizu is serious and dark as all gently caress.

Ccs posted:

Yes, but even more hairy and oily and gross.

Kengo's earlier stuff like Resentment was exactly like this.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The "let's try to wrangle Fushi's gender and sexuality for ourselves" and "let's not tell Fushi about this power" arcs of To You are sure to end very well.