Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

TKIY posted:

New preview has the character protection. Non monster heroes are -1 to hit if within 3" of friendly units.

Seems reasonable simple and fair.

Yep. Hero-sniping doesn't need to be impossible, just harder to do than it currently is. (Indeed, the buffs some heroes can dish out are so strong that making it virtually impossible a la 40K would probably break the game.) Seems like a good change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Now, to deal with stacking the same hit buffs...

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I caved and bought the Kharadon starter and some Arkanauts. I've made a huge mistake.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
... one of us, one of us ...

I was in San Antonio for work, and sold two random guys 100 bucks each of AoS. They were just chilling and talking about the RTS. Now they too, are one of us.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
My will is weak. I wanted to wait for the awesome new lady stormcasts but I was at the FLGS and had store credit and :negative:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bombogenesis posted:

My will is weak. I wanted to wait for the awesome new lady stormcasts but I was at the FLGS and had store credit and :negative:

You can always use them together!

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I ... might have ... ordered 3 Lord Relictors off eBay for 8 bucks each, because I can see myself ordering 2-3 AOS 2.0 starters.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Bombogenesis posted:

I caved and bought the Kharadon starter and some Arkanauts. I've made a huge mistake.

Seems like Sigmar is becoming more popular by the day. I bought some fishies and also want nighthaunts. I had a look for some Sigmar friendly games online and there are two new regular meetings in Melbourne with a stack of new players. Good stuff imo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

God, I wish Ironjawz had more units. I really love their whole deal, but they've got like, half a dozen actual choices and that's it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm hoping Skaven and/or the ally system gets touched on. I impulse bought a second-hand Thanquol and Boneripper to use with my Skryre rats. Turns out there aren't enough ally points sub 2500 to bring him in. I don't really want to have to run 60 clan rats and lose my Skryre allegiance bonus.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Floppychop posted:

I'm hoping Skaven and/or the ally system gets touched on. I impulse bought a second-hand Thanquol and Boneripper to use with my Skryre rats. Turns out there aren't enough ally points sub 2500 to bring him in. I don't really want to have to run 60 clan rats and lose my Skryre allegiance bonus.

This is what I've been figuring out all afternoon. I finally read up on the Pestilen's tome and seemed pretty excited cause I got plenty of Plague Monks and I can build a plague priest or two. Those Grand Plagues seem pretty interesting.

If I'm reading the rules right, and I'm legit asking I feel like I'm getting myself confused, is that if I used Allegiance Pestilen, I can only take 400 points of Allies (at 2k) from the other Skaven clans? So that is a Grey Seer and 20 Stormvermin, which is 400, and nothing else could be included. Everything else would have to come from key word Pestilen lest I break the allegiance and become an invalid list.

If that is the case, it seems like I have to play Allegiance Chaos just to be able to take all the stuff I have. My fluff was always a Grey Seer, a Plague Priest, and a Warlord made a tenuous pact to start a new clan for glory, power, death and inevitable betrayal of the others. It seemed like a fun way to play the Skaven faction. If that is the case, and I think it is, then it seems like Skaven are really oddly segmented out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

That is correct, and it's bullshit, and it's why there need to be a lot more allegiances available to the factions. Subdividing every Skaven clan out while only 2 of them actually have rules is bullshit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
My hope is that they do a Legions of Nagash style book for the Skaven. Were verminous units and Masterclan units can be freely taken no matter the clan.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm just hoping destruction gets some more stuff soon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Luminaflare posted:

I'm just hoping destruction gets some more stuff soon.

Destruction is limited to orcs, goblins and ogres right now right?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

S.J. posted:

That is correct, and it's bullshit, and it's why there need to be a lot more allegiances available to the factions. Subdividing every Skaven clan out while only 2 of them actually have rules is bullshit.

Well, Rats.

I could probably build a small Pestilens army if I wanted but I'd hate to exclude all the other cool rats. Still, I guess Chaos Allegiance is not terrible if a bit bland. Crown of Command did good work for me and if I ever remember to use Unpredictable Destruction, I think it should be alright.

Someone mentioned on another forum that using Chaos Allegiance allows me to take some Chaos Sorcerer for additional buffs but seems a bit gamey to me.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Crazy Ferret posted:

Well, Rats.

I could probably build a small Pestilens army if I wanted but I'd hate to exclude all the other cool rats. Still, I guess Chaos Allegiance is not terrible if a bit bland. Crown of Command did good work for me and if I ever remember to use Unpredictable Destruction, I think it should be alright.

Someone mentioned on another forum that using Chaos Allegiance allows me to take some Chaos Sorcerer for additional buffs but seems a bit gamey to me.

I'm doing generic Chaos Skaven at the moment. And yeah, it's not terrible, buuuuut. Honestly depending on how the Allegiance abilities get mixed up in 2e the problem might solve itself.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Apparently this showed up at warhammer fest, to promote shadows over hammerhall for warhammer quest. Me likey:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Thirsty Fyreslayer is just what they call me on weekends.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

JBP posted:

Seems like Sigmar is becoming more popular by the day. I bought some fishies and also want nighthaunts. I had a look for some Sigmar friendly games online and there are two new regular meetings in Melbourne with a stack of new players. Good stuff imo.

I've given it a shot or two in the past with the ogres I bought for WHFB 8th but they're basically the definition of "Not very good" outside of their mounted units. My partner already has a fair deal of nighthaunts so I figured I'd build up something for when the 2E and more nighthaunts drop. Also getting rid of my 40k stuff that I'll never use(Everything but Dork Elves and Bananas) so I have a fair bit of credit at the local store. I love these dumb as gently caress steampunk lookin' dorfs and their fluff is pretty fun.

Speaking of, does anyone have that order city generation table that was floating around? Wanna have a proper fluff write-up for whatever these guys end up bein' because I'm a giant nerd and also gay.

e; and the starter box is missing the flight stands for the balloon bois. Dammit GW.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 21, 2018

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Give Customer Services a call, they’ll shower you in the buggers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Blades of Khorne https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/21/21st-may-faction-focus-blades-of-khornegw-homepage-post-3/

More important is the part at the end. A way to get extra command points even if you don't have Warscroll Battalions.

For every 50 points you don't spend on units or Warscrolls you get another command point.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Is that a command point a turn or once a game

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Serotonin posted:

Should be once per game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Serotonin posted:

It's ambiguous, but given the warscroll batallion bonus is only on the first turn I imagine this is similarly one extra point per game.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
is there a way to view factions available? the store on the website isn't intuitive to me - Either I look at EVERYTHING, or i look at weird faction mishmashes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Clawtopsy posted:

is there a way to view factions available? the store on the website isn't intuitive to me - Either I look at EVERYTHING, or i look at weird faction mishmashes

Yeah the store is bad for people like you and I that aren't versed in the game. You can play anything from death, order, etc together as a team and then the sub groups under that are their own more specific teams with bonuses is my understanding. Some of the sub groups can run together with advantages as well but they need a warscroll that says so?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It doesn't help that there are also 30 subfactions because they dumped so much legacy stuff into faction names that have 1-3 units for no real reason.

Here's a c&p list from 1d4chan

Order
Stormcast Eternals
Extremis Chamber
Seraphon
Sylvaneth
Fyreslayers
Kharadron Overlords
Devoted Of Sigmar
Free Peoples
Collegiate Arcane
Ironweld Arsenal
Dispossessed
Eldritch Council
Phoenix Temple
Lion Rangers
Order Draconis
Swifthawk Agents
Scourge Privateers
Daughters Of Khaine
Darkling Covens
Shadowblades
Order Serpentis
Wanderers
Idoneth Deepkin

Death
Deathlords
Soulblights
Deathmages
Deathwalkers
Deathrattles
Flesh-Eater Courts
Nighthaunt

Destruction
Ironjawz
Greenskinz
Bonesplitterz
Gitmob Grots
Aleguzzler Gargants
Moonclan Grots
Spiderfang Grots
Gutbusters
Beastclaw Raiders
Firebellies
Maneaters
Troggoths
Fimirs

Chaos
Daemons Of Chaos
Daemons Of Khorne
Daemons Of Nurgle
Daemons Of Tzeentch
Host Of Slaanesh
Khorne Bloodbound
Nurgle Rotbringers
Tzeentch Arcanites
Everchosen
Slaves To Darkness
Monsters Of Chaos
Thunderscorn
Brayherds
Warherds
Chaos Gargants
Legions Of Azgorh
Tamurkhan's Horde
Skaven
Skaven Pestilens
Skaven Eshin
Skaven Moulder
Skaven Skryre
Skaven Verminus
Skaven Masterclan

This list is still non-comprehensive because it doesn't have Blades of Khorne or whatever the combined Nurgle faction is called, probably some other stuff off the top of my head.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Firebellies I think is just one model , lmao

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Werent the death factions reorganized into the legions of nagash, soulblight, nighthaunts, and flesheater courts?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AnEdgelord posted:

Werent the death factions reorganized into the legions of nagash, soulblight, nighthaunts, and flesheater courts?

The shop still has Deathlords and that other poo poo listed.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They really need to rip the bandaid off and either get rid of those legacy minis or fully integrate them into other armies

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Make a "legacy" section of the store for factions they want to keep in but don't have full armies for or something, draft up a rule that lets them socket into whatever other army for their allegiance.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

There's no reason why they can't group the actual loving factions back together and give them god drat allegiance abilities. Just turn the sub-factions into battalions UGH

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
New story.

I got excited for a second thinking the Whisperer was Settra, but it's not. :(

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It could be?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Casting and unbinding rules: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/22/22nd-may-magic-casting-and-unbindinggw-homepage-post-2/

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dig it. AB/MS nerfs gives the unique and allegiance spells room to shine while not rendering AB/MS completely useless.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

New story.

I got excited for a second thinking the Whisperer was Settra, but it's not. :(

If it's not Settra and GW don't follow up with a relaunch of Tomb Kings then I'll... Be sad on the internet I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

It could be?

The Deleter posted:

If it's not Settra and GW don't follow up with a relaunch of Tomb Kings then I'll... Be sad on the internet I guess.

It's not - it's pretty clear that it is Nagash and he's essentially turning this disgruntled guy into a Knight of Shrouds by having him betray the city he's supposed to be defending. Also, Settra wasn't a "wizard-king" and the line 'Hands such as yours will open the way, until Sigmar and his golden fools are put back in their place forever more.' just screams Nagash.

• Locked thread