Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

whenever i see a post at muffs b/s/t saying "only used in non smoking environment" i wanna post :milk: you doin it wrong

Don’t smoke :420: in the house. It’s super easy to get nose blind enough to it that you don’t realize that your space and stuff have become noticeable to normies, and then you become one of ‘those dudes’ who don’t realize they/their place smell like weed. It takes a lot less :420: than many people think.

Go to the porch if you must smoke. Or better yet, get a vaporizer and use it wherever you want and also enjoy living in a home that doesn’t smell like the apartment of studio art students. Also smoking is poo poo for your lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Don’t smoke :420: in the house. It’s super easy to get nose blind enough to it that you don’t realize that your space and stuff have become noticeable to normies, and then you become one of ‘those dudes’ who don’t realize they/their place smell like weed. It takes a lot less :420: than many people think.

Go to the porch if you must smoke. Or better yet, get a vaporizer and use it wherever you want and also enjoy living in a home that doesn’t smell like the apartment of studio art students. Also smoking is poo poo for your lungs.

i aint saying smoke on the synth all the time but if you never passed a joint during band practice idk :shrug:

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Ingest weed all day, every day

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
I wanna rocknroll all niiiiiiiiite

And

Startyde posted:

Ingest weed all day, every day

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Heh all my poo poo probably does smell like weed and idgaf because I'm not gonna not get high as poo poo in front of this modular are you kidding me.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

toadee posted:

Heh all my poo poo probably does smell like weed and idgaf because I'm not gonna not get high as poo poo in front of this modular are you kidding me.

I didn’t get into synthesizers to not accumulate orgone :birddrugs:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Startyde posted:

synthesists who claim sobriety fukken scare me

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Startyde posted:

speaking OF the orgone accumulator that I traded the last of my bitcoin derivatives for got here yesterday!

JamesKPolk fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 20, 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
All of my idols smoked blunts while making beats so like hell am I not gonna do the same. Having a beat/recording session while passing around a blunt is a special time.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

synthesists who claim sobriety fukken scare me

If someone can’t make sick beats and trippy riffs without chemical assistance, I question their skills, talent, and commitment.

Besides, everyone knows LSD >>> weed for making the best music.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

HotCanadianChick posted:

If someone can’t make sick beats and trippy riffs without chemical assistance, I question their skills, talent, and commitment.

not hearing any disagreement :thunk:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone wanna be cool friends and share some microbrute patches they like? I need a little synth inspiration.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

i bet its a lotta fun to atch it with a eurorack :getin:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

HotCanadianChick posted:

oh thank god

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

HotCanadianChick posted:

See this is is the attitude I don't understand. Who cares if you need weed to make sick beats? The point is that the beats are sick and how they are made really doesn't matter at all. Plus, not all of us are just naturally talented at music so weed helps us feel like we are (I'm still not).

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Talent is just a head start.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
As the kids say, say no to drugs!!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

wayfinder posted:

Talent is just a head start.

in the bible, talent was a measure of weight

~ :420: j :420: u :420: s :420: t :420: ~ :420: s :420: a :420: i :420: y :420: a :420: n :420: ~

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
If anyone tells you you're making music wrong tell them to gently caress off

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

if nobody tells me im making music wrong, im making music wrong

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

also true in sumo

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Plavski posted:

This is how Justin Bieber happens, FYI.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

HotCanadianChick posted:

This is how Justin Bieber happens, FYI.

The world is better for creating more musicians

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

~ :420: j :420: u :420: s :420: t :420: ~ :420: s :420: a :420: i :420: y :420: a :420: n :420: ~

listen pal im working on it ok

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

how is the synth thread divided on smoking weed

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

JamesKPolk posted:

Synths are a pretty good high all by themselves.
Though a wake-n-bake habit is probably cheaper.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JamesKPolk posted:

to be fair we're mostly divided on where and how, not whether

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

Synths are a pretty good high all by themselves.
Though a wake-n-bake habit is probably cheaper.

they are frequently co-morbid :350: :retrogames:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

It's me, I'm the one sober synth dude. Though that's more a product of spending every last dime I have on mortgage payments and/or gear, not a lack of desire.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I wish I could smoek a weed and do the synths, but I work on computers and printers up in the tar sands, and they occasionally require drug tests to access the sites, so I can't. :(

I just pre-ordered an IK Multimedia Uno synth. I think it looks pretty cool - sort of like a Volca keys, but with some neat extra features. Hopefully, I'll actually make some music with it!!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Top Hats Monthly posted:

As the kids say, say no to drugs!!

kids didn't say that

the blowjob queen of hollywood (nancy reagan) did

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Is there any big new hotness on the softsynth front? I've got some money saved up for a new VST synth for work stuff, and I'm 80% likely to get Serum since it makes a lot of sense for the work I do, but I haven't been paying attention to what's been released in the last year or so.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

to be fair we're mostly divided on where and how, not whether

so we're frequency divided? :thunk:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Gringostar posted:

kids didn't say that

just say no to royalty

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Gringostar posted:

kids didn't say that

And so I learned something today.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rickiep00h posted:

And so I learned something today.

...that you were born too late?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Trig Discipline posted:

...that you were born too late?

The blowjob queen part. I'm well aware of the one-sided nature of Just Say No.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I meant that you were born too late to get a blowjob from Nancy Reagan.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Although really if you have a shovel and a good friend to stand guard I suppose it might be easier now than ever. Probably not the same as it used to be though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Trig Discipline posted:

Although really if you have a shovel and a good friend to stand guard I suppose it might be easier now than ever. Probably not the same as it used to be though.

which, I mean, is really saying something