Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's always been there since I've started playing. There's one in Limsa, too, but not Gridania.
For Gridania your nearest on-ramp is the leatherworker's guild but it is just a quick jog from the aetheryte plaza too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Did they add an aethernet shard for the uldah market area? I thought you had to make a run from one of the crafting guilds before

Yes, they added that in SB.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, they added that in SB.

Ah that explains it. I probably just never had a reason to check once SB hit.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Mymla posted:

Yeah, but you won't have time to level more than one class until you're max level. Try to cover your bases and have at most one tank, one healer and two dps if you want to do dungeons with your siblings.

This isn’t really true, with the vast gulf between ARR, HW and SB you have plenty of time to level another job if you have the inclination, I had a mate join me playing and he got both WHM and BRD to 70 by the time he’d finished SB with time to spare. You could probably do 3 if you were driven.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm still in the first leg of HW and have 3 classes at 60, and 1 at 59.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't know why the Sirensong Sea Aiming chest just has vastly superior dye layers compared to the Fending/Maiming poo poo it's based off of, but I'm glad it does.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
So, for the sake of a dumb joke, i've been leveling a second character. Been running through the MSQ and am at ca. the level 25 quests, just after Toto-Rak. So i'm sent into eastern Thanalan to talk to Hihibaru to find out more info about the Ascians. He gives me some smoke signal i'm supposed to light and see what happens.

I go there, light a signal, some mobs comes out and i slay him. As it goes.

Then, a level 60 Black Mage rolls up to the same rock i'm standing on, pops the same item i did, and slays the same quest mob.

What the........

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
BLM bought job level jump potion, I guess

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HenryEx posted:

So, for the sake of a dumb joke, i've been leveling a second character. Been running through the MSQ and am at ca. the level 25 quests, just after Toto-Rak. So i'm sent into eastern Thanalan to talk to Hihibaru to find out more info about the Ascians. He gives me some smoke signal i'm supposed to light and see what happens.

I go there, light a signal, some mobs comes out and i slay him. As it goes.

Then, a level 60 Black Mage rolls up to the same rock i'm standing on, pops the same item i did, and slays the same quest mob.

What the........

Level boost without MSQ boost. The 2.X MSQ is tedious, but you can absolutely blaze through it in a couple of days if you skip through every cutscene and unsync the dungeons/trials.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Dude also rode off on a blue carbuncle mount afterwards.

Some people have money to burn...

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Granted, I'm on Coeurl NA and using every source of bonus exp at all times. And I've done every single quest I've found as the writing is fun enough to read. I also have most of the other classes leveled to 30 minimum. The Road to 60 exp buff is hilarious and amazing.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

HenryEx posted:

Dude also rode off on a blue carbuncle mount afterwards.

Some people have money to burn...

Maybe they're also leveling an alt as a joke?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Christ on a bike, SE, what are you even adding on Tuesday that necessitates a 24 hour maintenance?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Christ on a bike, SE, what are you even adding on Tuesday that necessitates a 24 hour maintenance?

Obviously it's the Verminion updates.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Isn't it always a 24 hour maintenance before a major content patch?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

WrightOfWay posted:

Isn't it always a 24 hour maintenance before a major content patch?

Yep.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yo can we get the person who complains about how this is their dedicated gaming day ruined or whatever and then the three people all simultaneously saying "its worth it for the server uptime" in here

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Control Volume posted:

Yo can we get the person who complains about how this is their dedicated gaming day ruined or whatever and then the three people all simultaneously saying "its worth it for the server uptime" in here

The game is hardly ever down so 24 hours hurts but it's for the greater good.

Goddamnit I have one sick day I year I took off from work to play ff14 and it's a 24hr maintenance!!!a

How was that?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

upgraded servers!
also the bigger patches usually have long maints but without housing it can actually end early i think

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

your mother

fake edit: also making the servers better

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

RME posted:

upgraded servers!
also the bigger patches usually have long maints but without housing it can actually end early i think

May be semi early, but they will never end maintenance before the weekly reset time.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

You can usually get a jump on the beastman tribes if you hop on to do them before the daily reset, however.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The game is hardly ever down so 24 hours hurts but it's for the greater good.

Goddamnit I have one sick day I year I took off from work to play ff14 and it's a 24hr maintenance!!!a

How was that?

Thanks for your service

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Is the weekly limit on Savage not being lifted with this patch? Isn't this when it is normally lifted?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

deltscape lifted it like a month before new sigma

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It'll probably be lifted in 4.35.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Who loving cares if there is one 24 hour day of maintenance. Take a day off the game. You won't die.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When you log off from the game you log off in real life

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Xarbala posted:

When you log off from the game you log off in real life

Tsukasa!?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Who loving cares if there is one 24 hour day of maintenance. Take a day off the game. You won't die.

I like to spend my Sundays relaxing, not almost forgetting to log on to do an hour and a half of Namazu/Doman kids/Doman Reconstruction/Ruby Princess sidequests as prerequisites to 4.3. :corsair:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I like to spend my Sundays relaxing, not almost forgetting to log on to do an hour and a half of Namazu/Doman kids/Doman Reconstruction/Ruby Princess sidequests as prerequisites to 4.3. :corsair:

You could have done this when the servers came back up?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress yooou I want my 50 cent refund for losing a whole day of service :reddit:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I file troubles with miscellaneous sidequest prerequisites under "problems for people without pattern recognition skills" (very low sympathy) or "problems for people very new to the game" (a bit more sympathy, but it's not like they're lacking in content to do whether it's new or not). It's not like this patch is the first time new content has been gated behind things like that.

The rest of us just shrug, clean out the map of all misc sidequests in advance during I'm-bored moments (gently caress wibbling over ~saving them for exp efficiency for future jobs~ when roulettes are as good as they are), and have it be a non-issue.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Don't doxx me on saving side quests, I forget to do those anyway with challenge log and roulettes.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vil posted:

I file troubles with miscellaneous sidequest prerequisites under "problems for people without pattern recognition skills" (very low sympathy) or "problems for people very new to the game" (a bit more sympathy, but it's not like they're lacking in content to do whether it's new or not). It's not like this patch is the first time new content has been gated behind things like that.

The rest of us just shrug, clean out the map of all misc sidequests in advance during I'm-bored moments (gently caress wibbling over ~saving them for exp efficiency for future jobs~ when roulettes are as good as they are), and have it be a non-issue.

Personally when I'm bored in the game I just go find other games to play or something else to do instead of doing mindnumbing quests

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got up early this morning because I had trouble sleeping, and I was going to try to polish off those Namazu prereqs, but I forgot it's a 24-hour maintenance. I logged in 15 minutes before shutdown. :doh:

At least we've got several weeks before Pagos opens. I haven't finished my Anemos weapon collection yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When should I be getting up if I want to download the patch and log in immediately?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i just started playing again, do these 24 hour maintenances typically take the full 24 hours or do they come up early sometimes (like wow maintenance usually does)?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Arist posted:

When should I be getting up if I want to download the patch and log in immediately?
You should be able to at least download it starting late tonight/early tomorrow depending on your timezone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Sometimes they come up early, unless it's a housing patch, in which case they'll keep it on schedule for fairiness.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I get up an hour before maintenance is scheduled to end, just in case.