Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The best team is the secret team to assassinate Rachel. Glad my boys are back together and most importantly that he shaved his hair off when he dispensed with fug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Brownieftw posted:

There ya go. We all know who is carrying this team.

A true leader of these times

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One thing I really like is how a clear power hierarchy and major players were established super early on and that's just how it is. It reminds me of One Piece where all the major players are set up far ahead of time and you're slowly teased with them as the story progresses. As opposed to a lot of manga which build up a villain too much so the next villain is some hitherto unknown but somehow still legendary/notorious evil doer.

I really liked Urek Mazino's introduction and it's insanely funny to me that he wrote his name on himself so people know to run in fear but put it on his back so they'd only realise when they watched him walkway after Urek massacred them. Raging he was held up by something when Bam and co. visited his resort but also very curious about what could be tying him up tbh.

I think Enryu may be dead but I was wondering what kind of stuff the other irregulars would have done to match Urek. Urek is called the strongest ranker and has an organisation to rival a great family, and then "oh ya so this is the needle Enryu used to kill a loving administrator" :stare:

Also excited to meet Pentaminum how just showed up to start killing and made Jahad restructure it's whole system of tests lol. I think that's all the irregulars mentioned so far but I'm hoping for more because they all sound so exciting! I hope I get to meet them soon, maybe after the hell train arc.

e: The only thing I don't like is that after the floor of tests the 5 classes all just stopped existing except Lightbearer basically.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 20, 2018

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!
I'm pretty sure SIU has said Pentaminium is never showing up. Reading between the lines, because it was a mistake to include an OP character from his less mature earlier works in the series in the first place.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I just think of his appearance as a little nod to SIU's earlier stiff and not really important to the story beyond another example of irregulars breaking the status quo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I view Pantaminium as basically just the story revealing that there's a very big world (or universe or whatever) outside the Tower. We don't even know what Jahad (and friends) or Urek were up to prior to the Tower, from what I recall.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Will I meet any irregulars again before I catch up with current comic? Also I'm glad that SIU has something else I can read after this then!

This doesn't seem good :stare:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

EmmyOk posted:

Will I meet any irregulars again before I catch up with current comic? Also I'm glad that SIU has something else I can read after this then!

Urek shows up a lot.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

EmmyOk posted:

Yes. The list of known Irregulars you'd be aware of is: Baam, Rachel, Phantaminium, Enryu, Urek, Jahad and the rest of the family heads. You've actually seen Po Bidau Gustang during the Workshop stuff, who is an irregular and family head, along with Urek.

Further on we've also...kind of seen a two more. You'll know what I mean by kind of when you get there. We've also seen some others in flashbacks.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 20, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think EmmyOK might be operating on an understanding of 1. irregulars just being Baam, Urek, and Phantaminum (and not including the family leaders) and 2. there being more irregulars than stated.

It's important to understand that irregulars don't necessarily share anything in common other than "not having entered the Tower as a regular." Enryu, for example, is something fundamentally different than Urek or whatever, as is Phantaminium. Urek and the 10 family leaders might be roughly comparable as (from what we understand) just "people from outside the tower who came in." Also, I believe the only irregulars have been the stated ones who show up as high rankers + Baam.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I think EmmyOK might be operating on an understanding of 1. irregulars just being Baam, Urek, and Phantaminum (and not including the family leaders) and 2. there being more irregulars than stated.

It's important to understand that irregulars don't necessarily share anything in common other than "not having entered the Tower as a regular." Enryu, for example, is something fundamentally different than Urek or whatever, as is Phantaminium. Urek and the 10 family leaders might be roughly comparable as (from what we understand) just "people from outside the tower who came in." Also, I believe the only irregulars have been the stated ones who show up as high rankers + Baam.

Yeah I just meant that they'd been brought up as irregulars and hyped up. Yuri and Evan(?) were breathless fans of them from really early on so I'm super excited to meet those kinds of people who shook up the status quo. I want more Urek at all times tbh.

This Hoaqin seems like a complete c u next saturday and I hope someone splatters him at some point :whitewater:

e: Also Ran is literally just Killua

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also to clear something up, Bam was only made a living ignition weapon when he was pushed into the lake right?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

I think Baam was only made similar to the living ignition weapons because the research was constructed and made to allow him to carry the Thorn sooner rather than later. So he displays some similar characteristics but isn't actually a living ignition weapon.

The Lake was the start of the process, the bowl or what have you. We aren't really sure because it was just offhandedly stated rather than any mechanics or detail shown. I think the purpose of that was to show more just how in deep and in control FUG were of the situation. The entire premise and floor was Baam's trap.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Extremely good to me when Khun absolutely slates Rachel in the Sweetfish match

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's such a brutal and entirely correct dunk on her.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

EmmyOk posted:

Also to clear something up, Bam was only made a living ignition weapon when he was pushed into the lake right?

Sometime between then and when he returns in the next chapter.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I would love a movie of this, but it would be so hard to make one and make it live up to the expectation.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

AtomikKrab posted:

I would love a movie of this, but it would be so hard to make one and make it live up to the expectation.
I think for it to have even a remote chance of working, it would likely have to be a series of movies.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

New chapter

Baam Eat World

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

EmmyOk posted:

Also I'm glad that SIU has something else I can read after this then!

I don't think that's the case, from what I remember there isn't much before TOG and it's not translated/published.
http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/SIU
http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Talse_Uzer_Story

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Baam has gone from assimilating random powerups like thousands of souls and his own evil copy to directly assimilating the power of attacks people use on him.

In the end he's going to take out Jahad by suicide bombing him, being unable to contain all the power the King of the Tower throws at him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wonder how baam compares to people higher up the tower now

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Now that Baam is fighting like himself, we can see really clearly that he is just as disgustingly powerful as every other Irregular (except maybe Rachel, but she's an irregular Irregular to begin with). He already had shades of it with his perfect mimicry and Shinsoo control capabilities, but now he's not just getting carried by that and the Thorn.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Probably still not approaching the level of the family heads or the most powerful princesses but I bet he could give most high rankers a run for their money.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Absolutely sweating bullets waiting to see if Khun would beat Rachel in the coin flip contest to find out the secret of Bam's past. Also super hopeful Bam gets to fight full power White and spanks him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

Probably still not approaching the level of the family heads or the most powerful princesses but I bet he could give most high rankers a run for their money.

i'd not go that far

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009

Jose posted:

i'd not go that far

Yea definitely not. He's clearly super powerful relative to his floor, but they're only on what, 45 or so of 130+? Here is a screen from Yuri vs Karaka - Baam's not quite there yet:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The best part about that is that Yuri is somewhere in the top 500 of the High Rankers and she can do all sorts of wacky nonsense. Meanwhile, Evan's in the top 100 and while he's definitely an absurdly good Guide and has a bunch of really good Items to use, that alone doesn't get you into the top fraction of the best people in the Tower of all time.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 21, 2018

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Silynt posted:

Yea definitely not. He's clearly super powerful relative to his floor, but they're only on what, 45 or so of 130+? Here is a screen from Yuri vs Karaka - Baam's not quite there yet:

Oh look, breakfast is served.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

He’s a growing boy and needs to eat

Silynt posted:

The rankers on archimedes or w/e made it seem like their power was restricted on lower floors too. So who knows what it would look like if they could really let loose

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

lil baby anime posted:

The rankers on archimedes or w/e made it seem like their power was restricted on lower floors too. So who knows what it would look like if they could really let loose

At the start it was established that the higher up you go, the thicker the shinsu gets. So for people monsters like Baam, the more ambient shinsu the better.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lil baby anime posted:

He’s a growing boy and needs to eat

yeah if rankers go too wild on the test floors they cause the administrators to turn up and most rankers aren't enryu

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That screenshot of the fight doesn't really do it justice out of context sadly. It's basically a nuclear holocaust being raged between two godly entities right underneath a bridge, but the screenshot looks like eggs being made while a tiny dwarf stares in confusion.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Yea, I couldn't find a great one that captured the energy of the fight so I went with that one because it at least showed like 15 nukes getting fired off. The art in battle scenes is very kinetic, so a single still that captures the essence of a fight is tough. I figured the people who have read far enough to be getting something out of our discussion on current chapter Baam's power level could put together what they were looking at from context.

Edit: maybe the above shot combined with this follow up:

Silynt fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 21, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

yeah if rankers go too wild on the test floors they cause the administrators to turn up and most rankers aren't enryu

If by "most" you mean "literally all except Phantaminium if he even counts." I'm pretty sure they're the only folks capable of killing a fully grown administrator.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What the gently caress Enryu how can you just butcher and admin so easily :stare: Goddamn what a flashback

Throught Bam had pushed Rachel off his platform but she's taking the test with him :rolleyes:

e: Oh Karaka you stupid stupid bitch not recognising Urek :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw:

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 21, 2018

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Yeah that enryu chapter was like the best in that whole arc imo

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EmmyOk posted:

What the gently caress Enryu how can you just butcher and admin so easily :stare: Goddamn what a flashback

Throught Bam had pushed Rachel off his platform but she's taking the test with him :rolleyes:

e: Oh Karaka you stupid stupid bitch not recognising Urek :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw: :smugmrgw:

Given his lineage, Dumbassery runs in the family, big time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lil baby anime posted:

Yeah that enryu chapter was like the best in that whole arc imo

It's so goddamn good that I'm mildly disappointed the person helping Garam on the floor of death is a family head and not Enryu like I thought at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

It's so goddamn good that I'm mildly disappointed the person helping Garam on the floor of death is a family head and not Enryu like I thought at first.

If enryu ever does show up it's going to be a Real Big Deal. It also brings the question of why, if Enryu is so powerful, he didn't just smoke Jahad himself.

If there's one thing TOG is good at it's inciting fan theories.