Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brother Entropy posted:

gently caress kanto

What’s wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dream Pokemon game is open world with level range zones like Fallout NV.
When a wild Pokemon sees you, it runs to attack and if it catches you, your Pokemon at the top of the roster pops out, a makeshift arena opens in the area (taking into account to topography) and then you control you Pokemon directly like an action game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hi it's me, the old person who wants Kanto with the original 151 Pokemon + all the modern trimmings

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

My dream Pokemon game is open world with level range zones like Fallout NV.
When a wild Pokemon sees you, it runs to attack and if it catches you, your Pokemon at the top of the roster pops out, a makeshift arena opens in the area (taking into account to topography) and then you control you Pokemon directly like an action game.

So a combination of Ni No Kuni 1 and 2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Infinitum posted:

Hi it's me, the old person who wants Kanto with the original 151 Pokemon + all the modern trimmings

Just play Firered then. Or Red. Or Pokemon GO. Or any of the other billion things that are just 151 oriented

151 is boring as sin at this point and excludes all the best pokemon

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

:yeah:

Zore posted:

Just play Firered then. Or Red. Or Pokemon GO. Or any of the other billion things that are just 151 oriented

151 is boring as sin at this point and excludes all the best pokemon
nah

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s wrong with it?

pokemon is a franchise that barely changes from game to game but can keep some freshness with new regions and new pokemon and new characters

going back to kanto is boring

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
In a just world Pokemon would've died the early death it deserved and we'd be hyping ourselves up over the latest generation of Robopon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d love to roam a remade Kanto but all other Pokémon should be available too.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

give me Popplio or give me death

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

How about a game set in the Pokemon universe where you are something other than a trainer? Make a business management sim or something.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

You're all going to play the Pokemon game no matter what region it's in or how many pokes there are

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive played pokemon ever since getting a wrongly addressed VHS tape promoting the game to retailers months before it came out in the states and I think Kanto is boring as gently caress and is chock full of some real bad pokemon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

How about a game set in the Pokemon universe where you are something other than a trainer? Make a business management sim or something.

We literally just got Detective Pikachu dude.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I've always wanted a mainline pokemon game to give you the option to opt out of being a trainer. You won't get in battles and you can just focus on running a shop or making friends with a pokemon to play stylist or something.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sun/Moon convinced me that Pokémon games can still be fun and cool imo

they added a lot of small QOL changes that should've been added 10 years ago and all of the new Pokémon were very cute and good. I liked it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Nep-Nep posted:

I've always wanted a mainline pokemon game to give you the option to opt out of being a trainer. You won't get in battles and you can just focus on running a shop or making friends with a pokemon to play stylist or something.

:yeah:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I guess it'd be interesting to have an alt-route like they've presented Contests as in a few of the anime seasons.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Their should be a game where you just breed pokemon in a large garden and maybe beat evil pokemon with a shovel to run them off or have them explode into poke candy.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
There should be a new Viva Piñata game on the Switch, yes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Brother Entropy posted:

pokemon is a franchise that barely changes from game to game but can keep some freshness with new regions and new pokemon and new characters

going back to kanto is boring

It's likely a play to rope in people that haven't played Pokemon for years and years, or brand new players. I bet it'll work out to their benefit, and I also bet they'll introduce subsequent generations down the line, either free or as DLC.

e: I also think people underestimate how popular Pokemon Go is. If there's some way to get Pokemon Switch to integrate with it then this game'll take off. More so if they can release the later generations sooner than later.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 21, 2018

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barudak posted:

Their should be a game where you just breed pokemon in a large garden and maybe beat evil pokemon with a shovel to run them off or have them explode into poke candy.

This sounds more interesting than what the rumors are making the game out to be.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
for only :10bux: you can buy five loot boxes pokéballs and maybe you'll get your favorite pokémon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Knorth posted:

There should be a new Viva Piñata game on the Switch, yes.

It doesnt even have to be on the switch, thats the crazy part! Im desprate enough to play it on a vita!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mega64 posted:

In a just world Pokemon would've died the early death it deserved and we'd be hyping ourselves up over the latest generation of Keitai Denjū Telefang.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Louisgod posted:

It's likely a play to rope in people that haven't played Pokemon for years and years, or brand new players. I bet it'll work out to their benefit, and I also bet they'll introduce subsequent generations down the line, either free or as DLC.
On one hand, it makes a lot of sense, on the other I cant help but think it seems super odd to lead with a really conservative sounding remake. Pokemon Sun/Moon had a kind of ridiculous amount of tutorials / new-player friendly features, so it seems almost silly they'd need to reduce the pokemon count/variety back to the original 150 just for new players. I can see it as a "get nostalgia fans back on board" similar to GO, but that feels like such a comprise when they could just place a focus on original 150 rather then making it exclusively them.

Honestly the name and leaked details make it really sound like an offshoot game kind of like Mystery Dungeon, but again it strikes me as super weird that they'd lead with one of these games on switch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Barudak posted:

Im desprate enough to play it on a vita!

Hey now let's not say things we can't take back

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I know what kanto means? Or is that a nerd thing.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

RCarr posted:

I think it's the name of the world/island/country of the original pokemon game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Haha stupid nerds

Everyone who isn't a nerd make a quick post so we know the bad asses like me from the dumb Kanto Goobers!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RCarr posted:

It’s a video game thing yes

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Kanto is a real province in Japan.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't even own a TV

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, I keep forgetting to post this: thanks to that goon over the weekend who told me double-tapping Home is the secret to getting the Switch to turn on reliably from the pro controller (or remote joycons). Works every single time.

I do tap then hold and it always works

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

KingSlime posted:

Haha stupid nerds

Everyone who isn't a nerd make a quick post so we know the bad asses like me from the dumb Kanto Goobers!!

Inb4judgment!!

[Ed for content] I’d play the gently caress out some 2018
Viva Piñata clone.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Who the fukk plays video games loving nerd nard nerd nardssss. gently caress is a computer

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

gently caress is a computer

I'll fight you

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*sits in thinker pose for eight hours* what about. pokemon goku

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zore posted:

Kanto is a real province in Japan.
Well, a region with a few prefectures in it. Tokyo is in it and it's the population center of the country. I'm not a pokemon fan and the first time I said where I was to a pokemon fan friend he got all weird really fast.

edit: he explained to me that the other regions also represent regions of Japan (except for the latest games) but only Kanto is named the same as the real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just want a new 2D Pokémon. Is that too much to ask for?

• Locked thread