Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Quarm was kind of an anticlimactic finish to the server, but drat it feels nice to have finally completed all the raid content that I was too young and stupid to do when it originally came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Finally, yesterday, our last Demiplane raid...Oddtune loving dropped for me.

It had dropped 1 other time - the one DP raid I missed (had a day long event with a friend scheduled). Only 1 bard was there, got it for 10. I got mine last night for 250, which still wasn't bad. The other bard bidding could have all-in'd and I still would have outbid him, but this way was cheaper heh.

(This means I can now become a Guktan! Illusion #22)

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Tomahawk posted:

Quarm was kind of an anticlimactic finish to the server, but drat it feels nice to have finally completed all the raid content that I was too young and stupid to do when it originally came out

Grats! Did you guys have a full 72?

TZ spanked us so need to have another go at him.

Seriously, gently caress TZ.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

FranktheBank posted:

Grats! Did you guys have a full 72?

TZ spanked us so need to have another go at him.

Seriously, gently caress TZ.

Yeah we had 72 and very few boxes, maybe 3-4 tops. As I understand it, some of the box heavy guilds are having a lot of trouble with Inny because of the fears.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
My friends starting playing again so I got sucked back in as well. This time I actually decided to box on Agnarr; I'm running a SK/Sha combo.

I might buy a krono to twink a little, is there anything I should focus on getting from the bazaar?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Anyone in a raiding guild on Coirnav worth a poo poo? Been through two so far that values boxes over full time mains and it just feels like this server is the drippy poo poo runoff of the other two TLPs.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

OGS-Remix posted:

My friends starting playing again so I got sucked back in as well. This time I actually decided to box on Agnarr; I'm running a SK/Sha combo.

I might buy a krono to twink a little, is there anything I should focus on getting from the bazaar?

White dragonscale cloak and Reaver for sure.

Blood Ember BP is quite nice.

Either Runed Bolster Belt, Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or, Runebranded Girdle for haste. You could go cloak of flames for your haste but then you'd lose your Improved Damage 3 on the cloak (it's a big deal).

Boots of flowing slime are pretty nice to level up with as it has a bit of mana regen.

I wouldn't bother twinking your shaman if you have an SK. Maybe grab a few cheap focus items like Djarns ring, Necklace of Superiority, Obulus death shroud, Black iron Medallion

Tai fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 21, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Givin posted:

Anyone in a raiding guild on Coirnav worth a poo poo? Been through two so far that values boxes over full time mains and it just feels like this server is the drippy poo poo runoff of the other two TLPs.

I've been raiding with Unforeseen for awhile now. I like em, but full disclosure I pretty much only login to raid until Kunark gives me more things to do. They aren't annoying, and the officers do seem to have good intent. They are also the only non-EST raiding guild on the entire freaking server so, default choice ended up being good for me luckily. We do Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday starting at 8p PST, 50% attendance requirement. Boxes and alts are definitely below raiders, and we only bring boxes on split dragons / when there is a need and not enough individual people, which we hadn't had issues with for a few weeks running now.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
We looked at Unforseen but at the time they weren't looking for our group comp and we're an all or nothing package deal . Understandable since you can't swing a cat in every guild without hitting 20 Shadowknights.

Ended up in <Imperceptible> and they run a crazy amount of boxes. Mobs die but it doesn't seem like they like to give direction and just assume people know how things should run under their system. Again expected as this is probably the majority of these groups 3rd time through a TLP.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Tai posted:

White dragonscale cloak and Reaver for sure.

Blood Ember BP is quite nice.

Either Runed Bolster Belt, Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or, Runebranded Girdle for haste. You could go cloak of flames for your haste but then you'd lose your Improved Damage 3 on the cloak (it's a big deal).

Boots of flowing slime are pretty nice to level up with as it has a bit of mana regen.

I wouldn't bother twinking your shaman if you have an SK. Maybe grab a few cheap focus items like Djarns ring, Necklace of Superiority, Obulus death shroud, Black iron Medallion

Thanks for the info, I'll go look for some of those items in the bazaar when I get home. Going by their stats on Alakazam, I doubt I can get them all for under a krono though lol.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Pulled for a group with two headshot rangers last night in grieg's end and goddamn that's bonkers. poo poo was dying as fast as I could pull and I was pulling 2-3 at a time.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Givin posted:

We looked at Unforseen but at the time they weren't looking for our group comp and we're an all or nothing package deal . Understandable since you can't swing a cat in every guild without hitting 20 Shadowknights.

Ended up in <Imperceptible> and they run a crazy amount of boxes. Mobs die but it doesn't seem like they like to give direction and just assume people know how things should run under their system. Again expected as this is probably the majority of these groups 3rd time through a TLP.

Bummer :( Keep us in mind, and I wouldn't be opposed to poking at the officers if it came to it down the road. We're already looking at waitlists for mains on raids though, so if you have a 4-5 person package deal it really makes that hard to sway, unless you're bringing a handful of druids with you (we have.. two total that aren't boxes) and clerics.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Yeah, we had a druid, cleric shaman and bard. It was a hardline no more knights thing. We'll probably just get our planar armor and then level cap in Kunark and peace out till Velious to see if the guild situation changes much. It's harder to sell a group package right now. In a few expansions it will probably be easier.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Haha holy poo poo. I got the pawbuster to spawn after 1 PH yesterday and today I walked into chardok and the iksar betrayer just happened to be up. Barely managed to solo him at 60 but boy am I glad I took the time to work up my chardok faction so I could just waltz in like that.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Republicans posted:

Haha holy poo poo. I got the pawbuster to spawn after 1 PH yesterday and today I walked into chardok and the iksar betrayer just happened to be up. Barely managed to solo him at 60 but boy am I glad I took the time to work up my chardok faction so I could just waltz in like that.

:toot: Well done!

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
The anxiety I get over new expac launches is unreal. Even though ever since Kunark, I have never, not once, had any issues getting stuff done well in advance of most of my guild. It doesn't even help that there's only one stupid bullshit task to do tomorrow and with luck, its one of the zones that was load balanced in TSS.

TSS should be a blast though. I know the SoF melee changes being backported will make certain once-epic fights like Lethar's Last Stand trivial, but this is where the game starts to dump the random bullshit and just get progressively better through each expansion until like Call of the Forsaken or Broken Mirror.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I think there are going to be four or even five (Entendre?) going hard today. That’s never happened before. PoP was probably the biggest race prior to this and that filtered off post Bert and PoS lock down. I heard CoC have been hammering test but then again, their warrriors gear/aug hp so....

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

The anxiety I get over new expac launches is unreal. Even though ever since Kunark, I have never, not once, had any issues getting stuff done well in advance of most of my guild. It doesn't even help that there's only one stupid bullshit task to do tomorrow and with luck, its one of the zones that was load balanced in TSS.

TSS should be a blast though. I know the SoF melee changes being backported will make certain once-epic fights like Lethar's Last Stand trivial, but this is where the game starts to dump the random bullshit and just get progressively better through each expansion until like Call of the Forsaken or Broken Mirror.

CoC was really struggling with Lethar's. They didn't get him down on Test. Wiped at like 8% and 4%.

Tai posted:

I think there are going to be four or even five (Entendre?) going hard today. That's never happened before. PoP was probably the biggest race prior to this and that filtered off post Bert and PoS lock down. I heard CoC have been hammering test but then again, their warrriors gear/aug hp so....

I mean, our whole guild (Entendre) is going "hard", but we're still not "play nonstop until we clear". Some of us took a couple of days off work is about the most of it. We're mostly going to stick to our normal raid schedule though.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
so the reddit meltdowns from Trucidation are pretty funny over Addictions ganking the Avatar of Earth(still ongoing). I can't imagine these dudes have literally anything going on in their lives that it would sting that much..

..he posted from the somethingawful forums.

Good on Addictions for making their lives hell though, considering all the loving garbage they've pulled on this server.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
That Engram person sounds like a loving idiot when they speak about ShowEQ and I hate them on principal.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I thought that raids were instanced on Progression servers, so how are people loving with each others Rathe kills?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I thought that raids were instanced on Progression servers, so how are people loving with each others Rathe kills?

There are open versions of open world raid bosses as well. I'm not sure specifically about council if there's also an instanced version, but all elemental gods were open-world, so if there's also an instanced version that means you can technically get 2 kills, it sounds like rathe council might not have an instanced version or something though since that one guild is getting cock-blocked.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

MF_James posted:

There are open versions of open world raid bosses as well. I'm not sure specifically about council if there's also an instanced version, but all elemental gods were open-world, so if there's also an instanced version that means you can technically get 2 kills, it sounds like rathe council might not have an instanced version or something though since that one guild is getting cock-blocked.

Rathe Council has an instanced version too, it's just been buggy.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

There are, but some people still measure dick size by being the first group to defeat decade old content in the open world, and create elaborate websites to report kills so you can show people that they defeated said decade old content.

It's the equivalent of climbing Mt. Everest nowadays.

In this case, the instanced version of Rathe Council is hosed up at the moment and the only way to get past is through the open world version.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Givin posted:

That Engram person sounds like a loving idiot when they speak about ShowEQ and I hate them on principal.

I did like the callout videos on agnarr flames or whatever a friend showed me, like it's some shadowy cabal using MQ2 and SEQ on progression servers instead of being able to hurl a rock in a raid and probably hit a user of one, the other, or both.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
yea the instanced version was hosed, so guilds were resorted to killing the council in OW. Needless to say now it's been hotfixed, and everything works correctly in it now (just did the Rathe tonight in my guild)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If you/your guild hasn't done the frost crypt access quests yet, I'd highly advise sucking it up and getting it down ASAP. The mob doesn't spawn in picks and is pretty rare. This is for phinny people.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Did they really just remove the heal/mana pots from the store and a few days later put defiant sets on there?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Givin posted:

Did they really just remove the heal/mana pots from the store and a few days later put defiant sets on there?

all distillates are now gone because they """"""weren't in-era""" -- which is kinda hosed, because half of the UI wasn't 'in-era' either; not to mention the fact that there are still mitigated bosses in PoP. Daybreak blows my loving mind

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The pot removal shouldn’t of gone live from the get go. The heal potions alone are so utterly broken it’s crazy.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Haha they finally removed healing pots? drat pop is gonna sux for whatever servers are on that now.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Welp EoE got hit by bugs not allowing one person to complete quests and a raid leader being a complete loving idiot (aka, me) and forgetting to get them before we cleared East and West so we didn't get Lethar 2 dead and can't with people out until Monday.

Grats CoC on third I guess?

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 27, 2018

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Entendre wrapped last night. That's the biggest grind in EQ I've had since winter of 1999, after my first college semester.

Great expansion, really. Kind of rough on a progression server where there's a rush to get it all done ASAP, but still tons of fun. Some annoyances here and there like anything, but just tons of content, so much raiding to do.

Normally we do "current content" on Sundays/Tuesdays (DKP), and older content on Thursdays/Saturdays (offnight/no-dkp). However, until we get a little more efficient, I'm not sure when we'd have time to run Deathknell. I think for the short term the aug events will keep us busy on offnights, plus all the 24-man/54-man pre-raids for backflagging some slackers.

Also, got the charm aug done, and the charm itself is almost done. Only 3 pieces left (ambersnout, oblivion, vergalid mines - loving shard).

Hoohah - you guys gonna submit to PhinnyProgress? You guys are 4th pretty sure, we're 5th.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Entendre wrapped last night. That's the biggest grind in EQ I've had since winter of 1999, after my first college semester.

Great expansion, really. Kind of rough on a progression server where there's a rush to get it all done ASAP, but still tons of fun. Some annoyances here and there like anything, but just tons of content, so much raiding to do.

Normally we do "current content" on Sundays/Tuesdays (DKP), and older content on Thursdays/Saturdays (offnight/no-dkp). However, until we get a little more efficient, I'm not sure when we'd have time to run Deathknell. I think for the short term the aug events will keep us busy on offnights, plus all the 24-man/54-man pre-raids for backflagging some slackers.

Also, got the charm aug done, and the charm itself is almost done. Only 3 pieces left (ambersnout, oblivion, vergalid mines - loving shard).

Hoohah - you guys gonna submit to PhinnyProgress? You guys are 4th pretty sure, we're 5th.

I'm not sure why we're not on Phinnyprogress, I was told by Pleasant that he submitted the appropriate kills. He might have been talking about elitegamerslounge though.

And yes, we're 4th. We're first to clear Frostcrypt 1 and 2, and because I hosed up, we're 4th to kill Lethar 2. Guild has been good about forgiving me, but I still feel like a jackass for forgetting something as simple as those two tasks.

No one really cares beyond first though, and WT raided 40 hours straight to make sure they got it before OGC. I'm not sure why anyone at all thinks that's fun...

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

No one really cares beyond first though, and WT raided 40 hours straight to make sure they got it before OGC. I'm not sure why anyone at all thinks that's fun...

It's not for me, but I also try not to judge. They also made all their members buy the $40 or whatever thing that had bonus faction potions.

I played EQ straight for 5.5 days (took 2 days off work, had Monday off, which was coincidentally my bday!). Thanks to my wife for letting me indulge and taking care of the girls hah. I still ate / showered / slept though. But even that plenty of people would look at me as insane. I'm a full grown adult with a job, kids, etc, heh.

Did you guys do Beltron in his room? We didn't last night just to get it done (it was a super late night already, at least by our standards), but we're going to next week.

Also gently caress FC trash. Bards can't pull there for poo poo. Everything is so high level, social aggro is a mile wide, and Fade doesn't apply IVU heh.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

xZAOx posted:

plenty of people would look at me as insane.

ding ding ding

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
A lot of us do it to dick on Dima tbh. No one really enjoys the grind but we know it triggers him always losing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah, the OGC losing streak is real - even though several of the races were many hours long and they only lost by a couple of minutes.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Ah nice WT / TL won again.
I almost have an itch to come back... but I think I'll not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Yeah, the OGC losing streak is real - even though several of the races were many hours long and they only lost by a couple of minutes.

These are the best ones. Vish race was funny. There was some bad gently caress up at the start by us and they had a 30mins head start at one point. They were snugging pretty hard in their TS channel as vish was about to die. Our serverwide vish kill went out 30secsonds before there's. I heard you could hear a pin drop.

He's such a try hard it pretty amusing. People run into the lobby and just afk. Nope, he has to make sure he's positioned at the front and face everyone to simulate everything is fawning over him or some bull poo poo.