Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Also, those marginal groups aren't gold parsing. Sure, that RDM does less damage than a BLM, but if the person sucks at BLM, that difference probably won't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
10% is an overestimation, but don't forget that some of these effects are compounding--dps compositions in this game work by layering multiplicative stacking buffs on top of each other, so going from a good composition to a bad composition hits individual players harder than going from a good job to a bad one

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also missing enrage by 30 seconds is still, like, a year in terms of fight structure

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Now I'm curious -- what's the worst possible composition?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

SKULL.GIF posted:

any one that includes me! dohohoho

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

For DPS probably SAM/MNK/BLM/RDM

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

SKULL.GIF posted:

4 RDM, 2 WHM, 2 DRK.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kitfox88 posted:

any one that includes me! dohohoho

:newlol:

:yossame:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

MRD/MRD/CNJ/CNJ/ACN/ACN/ACN/ACN

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
this, incidentally, is why dps balance in this game is always going to be slightly hosed--the value of a raidwide dps boost is dependent on how good the rest of the party is, and also whether it's 4 or 8 man content

so SE is going to have a very very hard time balancing blm/sam to contribute the appropriate amount of raid dps in 8-man savage raiding content without just making them completely out of line in the kind of content 95% of the playerbase spends almost all of their time in

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
admittedly, they weren't shy about breaking a class right in half for 4-mans when they designed stormblood whm

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Even that's mitigated somewhat if you get two DPS who don't AoE and thus everything survives your 5-6 holies + Assize.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Even that's mitigated somewhat if you get two DPS who don't AoE and thus everything survives your 5-6 holies + Assize.

I almost never AoE on my SAM in dungeons because a true samurai focuses only on the single enemy in front of them

gets hit with every aoe, dies

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

SAM looks cool by the way. It might even be viable soon?

In my static that can't quite clear god kefka, our sam is pulling almost 7k DPS on O6S and around 6k on the other 3 fights. That seems pretty viable to me?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder what kind of crazy Yotsuyu Primal we'll get tomorrow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder what kind of crazy Yotsuyu Primal we'll get tomorrow.

Odds seem extremely good that it's Tsukiyomi considering the name of the patch.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kitfox88 posted:

I almost never AoE on my SAM in dungeons because a true samurai focuses only on the single enemy in front of them

gets hit with every aoe, dies

That's actually an optical illusion; the bladework of a true samurai is so fast that the eye can't actually follow it, until such point that they blow all their TP AOEing and go "gently caress it where's my midare button".

I haven't played a lot of SAM (or anything), but holy poo poo the AOE rotation is costly.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 22, 2018

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I hope not having a Level 60 Gatherer yet won't screw me too much on the Namazu quests. :smith:

I have Culinarian at 64, at least.

It seems like there's different objectives for Gathering versus Crafting, so you can level with either.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
SAM's AOE rotation averages out to 112 TP per GCD, which is 2 more than NIN and DRG. Slightly less than that actually, since sometimes you have meikou shisui up so you can do 3 AOE finishers in a row.
(140*4/5, the fifth gcd is tenka goken which costs 0.)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Cabbit posted:

That's actually an optical illusion; the bladework of a true samurai is so fast that the eye can't actually follow it, until such point that they blow all their TP AOEing and go "gently caress it where's my midare button".

I haven't played a lot of SAM (or anything), but holy poo poo the AOE rotation is costly.

You don't even get the skillspeed or damage up buffs from them like you do your normal rotations, so I just do the single target ones but then use the 2 pretty icons AoE cast instead of the BIG DICK DAMAGE one you get with 3 pretty icons

edit: will i be able to buy the tomestones i need to trade in for i330 weapons this patch or will i need to finally remove the 'do deltascape 1.0' quest from my journal via completion still

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mymla posted:

SAM's AOE rotation averages out to 112 TP per GCD, which is 2 more than NIN and DRG. Slightly less than that actually, since sometimes you have meikou shisui up so you can do 3 AOE finishers in a row.
(140*4/5, the fifth gcd is tenka goken which costs 0.)

Meikyou's up a lot less than NIN's Mudras and DRG's save some tp by refreshing Heavy Thrust.

SAM's doing proper AoE rotations run out faster than DRG's even with Invigorate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

You can usually get a jump on the beastman tribes if you hop on to do them before the daily reset, however.

Speaking of which, is there any word yet on what if any preq sidequests are needed for that? The Moogle and Anata ones were a small loving eternity.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking of which, is there any word yet on what if any preq sidequests are needed for that? The Moogle and Anata ones were a small loving eternity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/8kq7e4/namazu_prerequisites/

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

edit: will i be able to buy the tomestones i need to trade in for i330 weapons this patch or will i need to finally remove the 'do deltascape 1.0' quest from my journal via completion still

Deltascape Normal is easy and it's on a roulette now, just queue it and do it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

rujasu posted:

Deltascape Normal is easy and it's on a roulette now, just queue it and do it

But people might make fun of me for messing up the mechanics and then i'll be too scared and drop duty and have a 30 minute lockout and lose my tomestone efficiency and :krakken:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Much appreciated.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I skimmed the dialogue for those Namazu quests, admittedly. I only vaguely recall something about the Lupan in Namai.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

But people might make fun of me for messing up the mechanics and then i'll be too scared and drop duty and have a 30 minute lockout and lose my tomestone efficiency and :krakken:

I can run them w/you on aether DC (all 3 roles maxed). It's ok we can be bad together.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I relate with this more every passing week.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Full patch notes are up, in case y'all haven't seen them yet.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/13e322580acb8e9861160a6e08ccabfaff09eeee

E: Also not sure if this has been brought up yet, but it's huge

The following items can now be equipped by male characters:
- Bunny Crown
- Bunny Bustier
- Bunny Loops
- Bunny Tights
- Bunny Pumps
- Bunny Chief Crown
- Bunny Chief Bustier
- Bunny Chief Loops
- Bunny Chief Tights
- Bunny Chief Pumps

dumb. fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 22, 2018

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

ImpAtom posted:

It's either going to be Tsukuyomi, or it's going to be a Return of the Horde-style thing with a rematch against whatever Zenos has become. I'm actually leaning toward the latter.

I'm looking forward to seven hours from now. :)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

dumb. posted:

Full patch notes are up, in case y'all haven't seen them yet.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/13e322580acb8e9861160a6e08ccabfaff09eeee

E: Also not sure if this has been brought up yet, but it's huge

The following items can now be equipped by male characters:
- Bunny Crown
- Bunny Bustier
- Bunny Loops
- Bunny Tights
- Bunny Pumps
- Bunny Chief Crown
- Bunny Chief Bustier
- Bunny Chief Loops
- Bunny Chief Tights
- Bunny Chief Pumps

I picked a good time to resub

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

You laugh, but this is literally what Huge Banana's animation is. You rarely see it because your face is stuffed into the butt of some boss, but it's basically you shooting out a wave of super fast attacks like Alucard button mashing with Crissaegrim or something.

And yes the AoE rotation is demanding of your TP but you will goddamn do it mister. Shame that pubbie summoner who still plays the game like he's level 20.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Leofish posted:

Main site is here: http://www.ffxivgardening.com/

I assume you have at least a cottage, so you can get 8-plant garden plot (you can have 2 with a house and 3 with a mansion). The basic aim is to cross-breed seeds to get rare seeds and then cross-breed those to get even rarer seeds.

When you plant something, it will determine what to cross with based on the plant in the plots next to it. So, when you harvest, you'll get the plant itself (usually not worth that much) and a chance at getting some seeds in the same harvest. If you use Grade 3 Thanalan topsoil you have a much greater chance of interbreeding than using other soils. This is obtained from an unspoiled node in Western Thanalan. Once you've harvested it once on your own, a level 50 botany retainer can get you 1 every 60 minutes. You can also exchange unidentified items in Idyllshire for Grade 3 soils.

Ideally, you start in the top-left corner and plant alternating seeds clockwise. Note that the very first seed you plant will not have a chance to give you seeds at harvest since it wasn't next to anything. To maximize seed chances, you need to uproot your first plant after planting your 8th, and then plant the same seeds again.

Seeds can take anywhere from 1 day to 10 days to grow. You need to "tend" your plants at least once a day or else they'll start to wilt. If they stay wilted, they'll die. You can also speed up the growing process using fertilizer once an hour, which reduces the growing time by an hour. Personally, I don't find fertilizer to be all that useful, but I am more of a "set it and forget it" kind of gardener and I usually just stick to tending the plants once a day.

i gotta say this sounds a lot like pipeweed crossbreeding from LotRO which (while mostly pointless) was hella fun to do for some reason

how much does a cottage cost? i just got to the required storm rank for buying property and i hadn't gone to actually look into buying a house

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Thundarr posted:

You laugh, but this is literally what Huge Banana's animation is. You rarely see it because your face is stuffed into the butt of some boss, but it's basically you shooting out a wave of super fast attacks like Alucard button mashing with Crissaegrim or something.

And yes the AoE rotation is demanding of your TP but you will goddamn do it mister. Shame that pubbie summoner who still plays the game like he's level 20.

The SAM AOE rotation is a far sight more engaging than any other AOE rotation I've come across so far, so yeah, you better believe I'm going to slam that poo poo out and be thankful for the opportunity.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

See I thought that but then there's the whole "Family using a mirror to lure Yotsuyu out" makes me think it's Ammy not Tsuki.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

See I thought that but then there's the whole "Family using a mirror to lure Yotsuyu out" makes me think it's Ammy not Tsuki.

Amaterasu also isn't a bad guess. I'm just favoring Tsuki since Sun was last patch instead of this one.

SpaceDrake posted:

It's either going to be Tsukuyomi, or it's going to be a Return of the Horde-style thing with a rematch against whatever Zenos has become. I'm actually leaning toward the latter.

I'm looking forward to seven hours from now. :)

It feels a little too soon for us to hit Maximum Zenos considering how they've been building it up though we'll see. I am hoping for some kind of super-zenos fight eventually though.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
patch is avail, get to DLing!

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
This wasn't in the preliminary patch notes:

quote:

A new shop has been added, allowing players to further enhance the craftable item level 350 gear introduced in patch 4.2.

Players can trade their craftable item level 350 gear with J'tandhaa in Rhalgr's Reach (X:9.6 Y:11.6) in exchange for Resistance tokens. These tokens, along with a specific enhancement item, can be exchanged for item level 360 gear.
Not sure who this is intended for---weren't the only people who used craftable i350 gear the hardcore raiders who are presumably in full i370 at this point? I guess tanks using pentamelded right side gear will now have slightly more Vitality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can't it be both?