Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Having a gas stove is well worth it. It gets up to heat faster and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Wooper posted:

Having a gas stove is well worth it. It gets up to heat faster and

gas is great

that was like my first purchase after closing on the new house, finally got a gas line run and everything installed on friday

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

gas is better than electric but induction is miles better than both of them

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Induction stove best stove.

I was convinced to get an induction cooktop over gas when we renovated our kitchen and now I would never go back.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
I've found that some induction stoves emit a really high pitch noise while on under certain circumstances that gives me an awful headache. My parents had one that was fine, but it broke and their new one does it. They cook like a dream though, fast heating, but as convenient as resistance stoves. I am terribly jealous of it, assuming it isn't emitting its death shriek.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Randaconda posted:

lol if you don't make Enrique use a bucket in the backyard

(where did this meme start?)

Behold, the very first Enrique joke

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686051&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=102#post447613680

(walla)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ah, so now you can ban that guy.

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
Just lol if you don't burn your garbage in a pit and cook over that while you take a poo poo in your terlet that's 300m away from your house and bathtub.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Alaois posted:

ah, so now you can ban that guy.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Enrique-chat is the funniest thing in this whole thread, gently caress tha haterz

:downs: / :colbert:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I don't need a fuckin' toilet, I dig a hole in the ground with a steak knife.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I don't need a fuckin' toilet, I dig a hole in the ground with a steak knife.

Lol if you don't have Enrique dig you a fresh hole to poo poo in every morning.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
https://www.reddit.com/r/DiWHY/

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Intoluene posted:

Lol if you don't have Enrique dig you a fresh hole to poo poo in every morning.

Lol if you don't just poo poo into Enrique's waiting mouth while an orchestra plays ode to joy as an autotuned Biz Markee hums along

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lol if you don't just poo poo into Enrique's waiting mouth while an orchestra plays ode to joy as an autotuned Biz Markee hums along

Mr. President, we'd like you to stop.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

lil bip posted:

Induction stove best stove.

I was convinced to get an induction cooktop over gas when we renovated our kitchen and now I would never go back.

Induction seems cool, but I move my pans around to violently and too often I think. They're also almost all cast iron. I like to set the pan half on half off the burner so I can be sauteing on on side and sweating on the other. I also use the open flame for tortillas and quick roasting peppers. I also roast hot dogs on them which is not as bad or smokey as it sounds.

I'd be too paranoid of damaging the induction glass. I know it's faster and more controllable, but it makes it harder to burn your house down when you dump in a half a cup of cognac with the burner on full. I think the little bit of panic when the flame hits your ceiling makes the food better.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Turtlicious posted:

I said Enrique, not Ivanka.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

gas is better than electric but induction is miles better than both of them

nah, I've never liked any of the induction ranges I've tried

I just spent 3 grand getting away from that poo poo, gas is great

edit: and yeah, I do all sorts of poo poo over the open flame which just doesn't work otherwise

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mostlygray posted:

Induction seems cool, but I move my pans around to violently and too often I think. They're also almost all cast iron.

So which muppet are you? Animal or Swedish chef?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

Turtlicious posted:

Referring to his username? Nice

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randvince:

amazing

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Karate Bastard posted:

So which muppet are you? Animal or Swedish chef?

I'd go with Animal. I move fast when I cook with a lot of yelling.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
oh my god there's another

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the Randmotes are cute :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

I think the Randmotes are cute :(

the funniest part is I can't even keep the drat avatar anymore.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

oh my god there's another

Someone suggested it, I promised to buy it if someone made it, it was made, but someone bought it before I even saw it was posted, lol.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell, a mash-up of the fat jag and :vince:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S41ovMZ03x8&hd=1

I can't decide which one makes the angriest. I think I'm leaning towards the one that inexplicably uses a Pepsi can.

On the bright side, this video finally removed the last lingering doubts I had over these being intentionally stupid to drive views.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zipperelli. posted:

Someone suggested it, I promised to buy it if someone made it, it was made, but someone bought it before I even saw it was posted, lol.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell, a mash-up of the fat jag and :vince:
Yeah I knew what it was immediately, and I love all the rand emotes.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

rydiafan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S41ovMZ03x8&hd=1

I can't decide which one makes the angriest. I think I'm leaning towards the one that inexplicably uses a Pepsi can.

On the bright side, this video finally removed the last lingering doubts I had over these being intentionally stupid to drive views.

Jesus Christ that egg thing is so dumb for so many friggin reasons. That dude is going to get Ultra Salmonella or something from biting into that.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm only halfway through the video and holy poo poo I love the part where they made a paper bottle opener, and then a couple minutes later they open one with their bare hands. Also why do they think anyone wants to turn bottle caps into magnets OR pins? And why was the toothpaste tube even necessary?

edit: all of this is awful. I am now dumber for having watched it.

A Moose has a new favorite as of 15:55 on May 23, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

Jesus Christ that egg thing is so dumb for so many friggin reasons. That dude is going to get Ultra Salmonella or something from biting into that.

*walks into apothecary* Uhh yeah I'd like a hypodermic syringe for to inject some Coke into my eggs.

A Moose posted:

I'm only halfway through the video and holy poo poo I love the part where they made a paper bottle opener, and then a couple minutes later they open one with their bare hands. Also why do they think anyone wants to turn bottle caps into magnets OR pins? And why was the toothpaste tube even necessary?

People actually pay real money for Coca-Cola pins and magnets :shrug: (They don't pay real money for Coca-Cola pins and magnets made out of actual bottle caps because they look like poo poo.)

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like the toothpaste tube of Coke squeezed all over a block of cream cheese. Delicious!

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

Especially since you can do the same thing with plastic Easter eggs (they even already have the holes!) and it doesn't waste eggs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > PYF Stupid Lifehacks: Hot Glue Was A Mistake

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

I like the toothpaste tube of Coke squeezed all over a block of cream cheese. Delicious!

Apparently in whatever eastern European country they're in that's how ice cream comes. Not that toothpaste flavored extra-sweet Coke jelly is any better on ice cream versus cream cheese.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

People actually pay real money for Coca-Cola pins and magnets :shrug: (They don't pay real money for Coca-Cola pins and magnets made out of actual bottle caps because they look like poo poo.)

But what if I want jagged edges of metal to rip my shirts?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

But what if I want jagged edges of metal to rip my shirts?

Try the Boston marathon.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

Don't forget to add sugar to the Coke first. That's not a recipe, it's ploy by the insulin industry to give everyone diabetes.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Try the Boston marathon.

:randvince:

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Try the Boston marathon.

:wrongcity:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Jerry Cotton posted:

Try the Boston marathon.

Lifehack: Boston too expensive? Move to Chicago or Detroit.