Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

How hard is it to swap out Russ canons? I like the Metal Slug stumpy cannon look but Demolishers are garbage and I don't want WYSIWYG folks getting fussy when I tell them they're all standard Battle Canon.

Depends, you can set up a pretty easy weapon swap with the Demolisher since all the guns sorta slot in on the pivot. Not too sure about the normal Leman Russ since I've never actually built the "newest" kit of it. Only have one of the older versions that barely came with any variants to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
A demolisher should have two profiles. One for single targets, one scaling one for units.

Like a d3 for vehicles or units under 5 an 2d6 for 20 man an above.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

I'm just gonna make an army of all Vindicators and Demolishers high fiving.

Should be 1d6 -1 shots against <5, 2d3 vs >5 or something more fun and less shite

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

For_Great_Justice posted:

A demolisher should have two profiles. One for single targets, one scaling one for units.

Like a d3 for vehicles or units under 5 an 2d6 for 20 man an above.

You know just like AOS already has!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just make blast a rule where you get d3 the minimum hit score, d6 if it's a numeral over the minimum hit score and 2d6 if it's a six.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The more prime numbered dice rolls, imo, the better

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

mango sentinel posted:

How hard is it to swap out Russ canons? I like the Metal Slug stumpy cannon look but Demolishers are garbage and I don't want WYSIWYG folks getting fussy when I tell them they're all standard Battle Canon.

The guns on the Demolisher hull are ezpz because they all share the same lower mantlet. You can build the different guns with their own upper mantlet and swap them out as you please. The regular Russ is a bit harder I think. The battle cannon and Vanquisher are just different end pieces on the gun barrel and the Eradicator and Exterminator are their own full pieces.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

BULBASAUR posted:

The more prime numbered dice rolls, imo, the better

But... that's all except the 6?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Cannot wait to see the endless shrieking cacophony of rear end-triggered white neckbeards since these feature characters of various human skin colors.

Black Library 4 KIDZ posted:

Jarek has not found life easy since his parents were purged--life in the Schola training him to be an elite hero of the Imperium has challenges he never imagined. Besides the constant harsh physical and mental work he does to sharpen his body and mind into the perfect soldier, he has begun to feel funny around some of his comrades! New recruit Daethel has the same dark skin and green eyes as his mother, instantly intriguing him, and the boys form a bond in their soldiering. But when a heretical cult is discovered in the barracks, Jarek is given to wonder whether his feelings are as true as the Emperor, or as false as the cruel Prince of Excess. Will love bloom on a battlefield, or will loyalty to the Imperium shatter the only friendship these youth have known? Find out! Story endings available in every Start Collecting! Astra Militarum box!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

No I mean they need to introduce D5s, D7s, and D11s

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Cannot wait to see the endless shrieking cacophony of rear end-triggered white neckbeards since these feature characters of various human skin colors.

What do you mean wait, they've been going from the moment it was announced.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Strobe posted:

4 is very far from prime. 1 is also not considered prime in mathematical circles.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I forgot the standard Russ Battle Tank and the Demolisher are actually two different kits, that complicates swapping between them Q_Q

I just realized that as much grousing as I've seen about this in various communities I check, I haven't seen anyone complain about the varied representation and that warms my heart just a little.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 22, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

TTerrible posted:

Reddit is taking it really well.

This is my favourite one:

Sargon is a terrible Fedora wearer who uploaded some youtube trash ranting about FEMINISTS IN MY WARHAMMER.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

4 is very far from prime. 1 is also not considered prime in mathematical circles.

Hah, I mentally skipped 4 for some stupid reason. :v:

Also a 1 is never going to be a good thing in a GW game when it comes to rolling, so even if it's not a prime it's definitely not going to have some cool mechanics associated with it. :shrug:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Cessna posted:

[Sarah McLachlan's In the Arms of an Angel plays.]

Five-year-old Samandiriel, a frail child living in rural rad-scorched Baal, has no idea if he will eat today. Due to severe malnutrition, little Samandiriel is dangerously small for his age. He is not gaining weight or growing taller, and his mother, Nadai, worries for her son's health. "The medicae tells me I must feed him more food so he can gain weight," Nadai said.

Samandiriel' parents struggle bring him food, but most of the food is irradiated and the Imperial Tithe takes everything else. The more weight Samandiriel loses the more distraught they become, and the more their thoughts become dangerous.

But by buying one model per day, you can help. Buying a single $35 character can provide GW with enough money to provide a meal for a fictional malnourished child, and because GW’s Food To Keep Fictional Kids From Falling To Nurgle So They Can Grow Up To Become Space Marines (tm) buys pretend food supplies in bulk you can imagine how much further your gift will go toward delivering soul-saving food.

Please, won't you help feed a starving child like Samandiriel today?

Baal is not subject to Imperial tithes, REDO IT!!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I don't mean to do it, but I have accidentally trolled my friend two days in a row. Yesterday I mentioned female primaris and he was mad at me because marines are MEN and he is a fluff puritan. Today it's warham kidz, but I managed to calm him down because he has children and they might like these books about poo poo he enjoys.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

I cant help but laugh at these chuds squealing about representation when the defacto ruler of the imperium right now is a giant muscly blond haired blue eyed white guy whose just better than everyone else.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

some bloke at LGT posted:

to The London Grand Tournament
Yesterday at 05:42
Just back from weekend at London GT. Heresy event was great fun, BUT event as a whole was worst organised event I’ve been to in 20+ years of warhammer.

Day one had massive, massive queues (2-3 security guards doing bag searches on 600+ gamers with cases of models), absolutely appalling scenery, literally half painted polystyrene (I’d be ashamed to put it on my kitchen table to play with a mate - pictured).

The 40k competitive event was like something out of Event Horizon, people absolutely packed in like sardines, no room to move whatsoever, god knows how they got it past the fire regs.

Day 2 had the discovery the organisers had failed to order all the merchandise they promised, or promised prizes for events. Cleanup was volunteers, leaving frustrated side event organisers being hustled out and hassled by security.

It was an absolute mess, as far as I’m concerned the guys running it were total spivs - YMMV on ambitious incompetents, hopeless idiot amateurs or borderline con artists, but I definitely will never attend one of their events again, and would warn anyone in the community to avoid like the plague.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

I forgot the standard Russ Battle Tank and the Demolisher are actually two different kits, that complicates swapping between them Q_Q

The more costly solution is to see if you can't find turret kits on Ebay or on Bitz stores. Something like this and use that for spare weapons if you have any.
The demolisher is a bit easier to magnetize though as you can see with the way the gun is assembled.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tbf the first three quotes are just grogs mad about kids-in-muh-grim, rest are legit though

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
Badcast dudes: please do a segment over the fictions drafted up here. I'll even make a good one, I swear.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
GW should make new Obliterator models. They should also come out with some new Obliterator units. Enough to run a small Obliterator army or Obliterator detachment with your CSM army. Like Custodes, but way better because Obliterators are cool and Custodes are lame.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Neurolimal posted:

Tbf the first three quotes are just grogs mad about kids-in-muh-grim, rest are legit though

Redditor: "Jews are behind it"
Shitposter: "This is legit"

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

At least they got downvoted...? That matters, I guess?

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

Anyone that ever unironically uses "SJW" isn't mad about kids, hth.

Also none of that is legit, those people are revolting.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bird food bathtub posted:

As much as I agree that there could be at least one more factor adding spice to gunlines to differentiate one gun from another, I'd really rather not go back to gameplay being single player, non-interactive lessons in geometry class for every movement phase trying to minimize the damage a template can do to each unit.

I get that, and it's better for movement and pace if you don't have to worry about every little position. I really, really like how they did flamer weapons. I think the issue is blast. I like the idea of weapons that are based on unit size. For example something like (N/5)d3; for every 5 models in the target unit you get d3 shots.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shadin posted:

Also none of that is legit, those people are revolting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

You count the posts in the order that they appear in. That was the the second to last one. Post four of five. My post said first three. [1 2 3] (4, jew post) 5.

And by legit I meant "yep, these are angry racists".

Shadin posted:

There's several groups of people that believe SJW's are an existent shadowy cabal of people ruining stuff. They're all stupid but they reach stupid by different routes. The third post is blaming kid-friendly warhammer on SJW's out of a disdain for PC/PG content.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 22, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best ones are the guys saying "GW just lost a customer!". Like we're all gonna be heartbroken that they aren't playing anymore.

I do feel kinda bad for WW2 Historical or Kings of War players, who are gonna have to deal with those guys switching because they assume those games are more friendly to white supremacists

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you feel alienated by a book written for a primary schooler you're a loving retard.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
If nothing else this should be seen as a way for ham-parents to connect with their kids and foster a common interest. Being mad about it is loving weird.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Guy Goodbody posted:

The best ones are the guys saying "GW just lost a customer!". Like we're all gonna be heartbroken that they aren't playing anymore.

I do feel kinda bad for WW2 Historical or Kings of War players, who are gonna have to deal with those guys switching because they assume those games are more friendly to white supremacists

At least around here, we historical players are well versed in getting racists to gently caress off

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

You count the posts in the order that they appear in. That was the the second to last one. Post four of five. My post said first three. [1 2 3] (4, jew post) 5.

And by legit I meant "yep, these are angry racists".

There's several groups of people that believe SJW's are an existent shadowy cabal of people ruining stuff. They're all stupid but they reach stupid by different routes. The third post is blaming kid-friendly warhammer on SJW's out of a disdain for PC/PG content.

That's not the definition of legit that anyone else would use. Our interpretation of you saying it's legit is that you're saying they have a legitimate point, which they absolutely do not. Please, go backpedal so far you take your lovely views all the way out of this thread.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
These books are written for children ages 8 - 12! How dare GW do this! It is a SLAP in the FACE to MY perfect hobby! SJWs have run amok! Next people will want "sensible" sisters or bluh bluh bluh :vomarine:

Anybody complaining about this in any capacity is a moron. I am all for the hobby growing. In a few years the wee tots and kick my rear end in a game of 'hams if they actually get into it. GW gets more money, hobby gets some new blood, everyone is happy except the rabid shitlords that the hobby would be better without anyways.

Neurolimal posted:

:frogout:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

If nothing else this should be seen as a way for ham-parents to connect with their kids and foster a common interest. Being mad about it is loving weird.

It's being done for this exact purpose. I explained this to my mate who was like "I don't know about this" until I said "imagine one of your kids telling you about this sick battle some Ultramarines had with Necrons over dinner" and he flipped immediately to cool and good.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
To be honest I think it's kinda dumb and ham handed to try and get kids in by changing the tone so radically.

Dawn of war 1 managed to strike a balance of being toned down but still very much 40k and was and entry point into the setting for an enormous number of people.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Booley posted:

That's not the definition of legit that anyone else would use. Our interpretation of you saying it's legit is that you're saying they have a legitimate point, which they absolutely do not. Please, go backpedal so far you take your lovely views all the way out of this thread.

I think he actually meant legit awful but everyone hates him.

Artum posted:

To be honest I think it's kinda dumb and ham handed to try and get kids in by changing the tone so radically.

Dawn of war 1 managed to strike a balance of being toned down but still very much 40k and was and entry point into the setting for an enormous number of people.

All I can say to this is read the books. It's literally two pictures right now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Booley posted:

You're right, I'm secretly a self-hating gay that is furious at SJW's, that is absolutely more logical than there being a misunderstanding. You've caught me out detective. Give this man a raise.

All those sleepless hours cuddling with twinks. The coy winks, touching dinks, all for nothing.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artum posted:

If Warhammer can survive Caiphas Cain, it can survive Teen Rogue Trader