Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

:yeah:

You got that right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah 3S is good.

Ecspecially if you cant stand long range pokes and zoning.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I thought we were talking about 3S, not DBFZ.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Anyone ever had to open up their ps4 pad? My dpad is screwed up and misaligned or something. Do I just gotta clean the contacts?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
3S is bad but it's kinda fun watching someone hit the 100% combo fifteen times in a set.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Dias posted:

3S is bad but it's kinda fun watching someone hit the 100% combo fifteen times in a set.

Aren't the 100% combos only possible on low stun characters like Akuma and Remy?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

poe meater posted:

Anyone ever had to open up their ps4 pad? My dpad is screwed up and misaligned or something. Do I just gotta clean the contacts?

What's the issue? Wrong inputs?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Elephunk posted:

Aren't the 100% combos only possible on low stun characters like Akuma and Remy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVw2hdJS5e0&t=9s

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Elephunk posted:

nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM498WZBXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh6xmRFxo54&t=223s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJrcxwOQDE&t=239s

Untaunted Q but there's also something for that. There's probably one for Hugo but too lazy to go digging

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

What's the issue? Wrong inputs?

I was trying to figure out why my back dash cancels was not as smooth. I fiddled with my dpad and my down forward got like kinda stuck for a second and slow to release like it was in mud.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Elephunk posted:

Makoto has a (e: relatively practical) 100% combo that works on everyone, she has to be in the corner though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

poe meater posted:

it depends. mine went haywire a few weeks ago but it was becasue of a bad mini usb port + a problem (probably) with one of the analog stick pcb [which i never used really] instead of the dpad giving me random down + left inputs. pretty cool.

anyway i opened it up to try to fix the dpad and that's easy enough with a screwdriver

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Well I figured it out. The plastic membrane under the dpad was damaged and the little black round pads were falling out or ripped off. Hopefully the $5 replacement parts work.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
sf characters used to have so much character

q and oro are so loving cool
e: a lot of that is the music and look of 3S of course

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

i'm still shocked that Menat came from this era of Capcom & Street Fighter with out much she stands out just from her movement and character

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow, Capcom sucks.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSKsCxTw4co

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

KungFu Grip posted:

i'm still shocked that Menat came from this era of Capcom & Street Fighter with out much she stands out just from her movement and character

kolin and rashid are both good characters.

if fang didnt have those stupid rear end sleeves hed be cool. they look so bad tho. like so so so bad.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

if fang didnt have those stupid rear end sleeves hed be cool. they look so bad tho. like so so so bad.

oh yeah rashid is good and surprised he wasnt in mvci

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KungFu Grip posted:

oh yeah rashid is good and surprised he wasnt in mvci

They only had the money to make 4 new characters at launch

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

anime was right posted:

FANG still has probably my favorite theme of V, I love the hell out of that sound. That and the weird sleeves aside I like his design a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOm2m-1wfw

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
What is wrong with you people his sleeves are everything.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

mango sentinel posted:

I like the idea of it a bunch, eccentric martial artist hiding/containing his poison hands in some billowy sleeves, but it don't look that good implemented in the design they went with imo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fang's proportions ruin the design, basically.

Menat looks like she came out of a Gameloft game, I don't get the appeal at all. SF5 has more obvious one-and-done characters than any other game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Yardbomb posted:

I like the idea of it a bunch, eccentric martial artist hiding/containing his poison hands in some billowy sleeves, but it don't look that good implemented in the design they went with imo.

yeah basically. they put an enormous amount of emphasis on the characters sleeves and just were like "lol lets throw our garbage physics engine on them"

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

FANG still has probably my favorite theme of V, I love the hell out of that sound. That and the weird sleeves aside I like his design a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOm2m-1wfw

Same; one of the good things about SFV is that you can customize the menu music. I've got it set to FANG radio- all FANG all the time.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Were they brave enough to give him a Super Milk Chan alt color?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

anime was right posted:

yeah basically. they put an enormous amount of emphasis on the characters sleeves and just were like "lol lets throw our garbage physics engine on them"

keyframed animation would save fang. and necali. and like everything else.

but :effort:, so how about

yeah that works.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

IronicDongz posted:

I don't necessarily think visual character design is all that terrible in SFV — in general in SF it's mostly just been some blend of karate guys and racist caricatures for most of the series.

I mean Menat owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLzFzMVRU2I

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Fang's proportions ruin the design, basically.

Menat looks like she came out of a Gameloft game, I don't get the appeal at all. SF5 has more obvious one-and-done characters than any other game.

She's a sexy mummy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tbh i think sfv generally looks good 85% of the time but the 15% thats bad is really, really, really hideously awful

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The clipping is horrendous and a lot of the particular designs are bad. Im even ok with the weird claymation looking style they went with in theory but the little things gently caress it up before you even get to the lazy work on animations like cammys airthrow

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
also all of the particle effects look like grape jelly with the bloom cranked way up

like sf4 wasn't good, but bring back the ukiyo-e stroke effects, those were cool.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Normally the models and animation are very well done, which makes quite frankly embarrassing poo poo like Ken’s face or Ryu’s donkey kick stand out that much more.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I don't like when they try to make a lady character look sexy because the wack rear end proportions just make everyone look like some kind of weird gorilla person and it weirds me out

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

I don't like when they try to make a lady character look sexy because the wack rear end proportions just make everyone look like some kind of weird gorilla person and it weirds me out

NRS games went the route of "let's maybe not have every woman character be F-cup monsters with giraffe necks" in the last 2 games over SFV, when MK9/Injustice 1 gave us legit some of the worst female 3D models in fighting games. The animation is still worse than SFV but they tried to make their characters look way better.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ROFL Octopus posted:

Normally the models and animation are very well done, which makes quite frankly embarrassing poo poo like Ken’s face or Ryu’s donkey kick stand out that much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypVMXWRNsYA

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
How has no one posted this set yet, where Go1 ALMOST perf'd ChrisG in DBZF (was only hit by spark activation), and summoned Shenron on him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1cEjvgPcVk lolrekt

Loaded up Tekken 7 some more, ignored King and switched to Katarina to learn some basics, got familiar with a few of the "top 15" moves and strings and a juggle combo. Turns out it's a fun game to play and press buttons in WHO KNEW?? Also tried it out using the new Steam Link phone app with a controller sitting close to the wireless router and I thought it was actually working great until I realized it wasn't. Almost though, which is pretty cool!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So is Go1 the best DBFZ player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord