Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Can't it be both?

A tag team primal would be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

This wasn't in the preliminary patch notes:

Not sure who this is intended for---weren't the only people who used craftable i350 gear the hardcore raiders who are presumably in full i370 at this point? I guess tanks using pentamelded right side gear will now have slightly more Vitality.

It was super cheap to get some so I used it to gear one of my side jobs. It'll be nice if it's not a pain in the rear end trade.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My guess on Mystery Steppies Wife Primal is Izanami, given that if this is the wrap for the Doma story thread they're probably going to bring in that death plague spore.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

My guess on Mystery Steppies Wife Primal is Izanami, given that if this is the wrap for the Doma story thread they're probably going to bring in that death plague spore.

It seems sort of odd to bring in death plagues in the same patch as they add a mechanic to rebuild Doma though. Seems like it'd have to fail miserably or else that's sorta pointless

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Watch out. The new primal has been datamined already.

DO NOT CLICK THIS SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO REMAIN PURE:

Via Reddit: It's Tsukuyomi. Confirmed by dataminers via a minion. Yost becomes a bunny moon girl. For anyone waiting to find out rest easy.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I am actually going to try to stay pure, for these next few hours.

An Amaterasu/Tsukuyomi tag team would be kind of cool, but while they tend to get associated together in modern works for obvious reasons, in classic Shinto they actually have surprisingly little to do with each other.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Worst comp for DPS without having any doubles is probably:

PLD/DRK
WHM/SCH
MNK/BRD/RDM/MCH

No slashing debuff for PLD/DRK cuts their damage by probably around 8% or so. RDM was never meant to be a competitive DPS in terms of raw damage or contributed damage because of how good Verraise is for prog. BRD and MCH don't get DRG.

If we restrict DPS to two melee/two ranged, then probably:

MNK/DRG/RDM/SMN

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Kerrzhe posted:

i gotta say this sounds a lot like pipeweed crossbreeding from LotRO which (while mostly pointless) was hella fun to do for some reason

how much does a cottage cost? i just got to the required storm rank for buying property and i hadn't gone to actually look into buying a house

A cottage costs between 3 and 4 million gil for the land, plus an extra 425,000 for the actual building. If you're on Excalibur or another high-pop server you're unlikely to find a plot right away. My suggestion, now that auto demolition is back on, is to keep an eye on the residential aethernet (which you can examine from the main city aetheryte) for the zone you want to live in. You can cycle through the wards to see if any plots are open (they'll be in white font, with a price tag, instead of green or red with player/FC tag). Of course, with the new patch, you're less likely to have players with homes not logging in, but you never know. I got my first place by sheer luck, just checking the aethernet every day.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There was a small plot available near my house in the Goblet, Ward 9 on the weekend at least.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
:siren: Servers are up a bit early! :siren:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Attention EU people not on Omega! We have set up the cross world linkshell "Eurovision Eorzea" so that we may keep in touch. The fastest way to get in is to send an @ to the PCD inviters on the discord, but if you leave a message in here we'll do our best to get you in. There's a limit of 64 people in a cross world linkshell, so sorry people already in the FC but we're limiting it to non Omegans for now. :siren:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why would the new Raid have Titan Questline 2.0!? :argh:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I never thought killing a couple of chocobos would be difficult.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 22, 2018

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Argh, why is the patch server operating at 0.70MB/s?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

:siren: Attention EU people not on Omega! We have set up the cross world linkshell "Eurovision Eorzea" so that we may keep in touch. The fastest way to get in is to send an @ to the PCD inviters on the discord, but if you leave a message in here we'll do our best to get you in. There's a limit of 64 people in a cross world linkshell, so sorry people already in the FC but we're limiting it to non Omegans for now. :siren:

64 is so low. :(

Well, i posted an inv request on the discord lfg channel.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Eurzeavision, surely

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, MSQ roulette now gives 50 capped and 100 uncapped tomes, plus 300 poetics.

It didn't always do that, right? A Prae run with bonus now gets you 600 poetics.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

HenryEx posted:

Oh wow, MSQ roulette now gives 50 capped and 100 uncapped tomes, plus 300 poetics.

It didn't always do that, right? A Prae run with bonus now gets you 600 poetics.

Wait, is that daily or everytime? And is it only at max level?
It only used to give garbage poetics.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Daily, like all roulettes, but the capped tomes are probably only at max level.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Foxhound posted:

Wait, is that daily or everytime? And is it only at max level?
It only used to give garbage poetics.

Daily, they're still trying to get people to "voluntarily" watch Castrum and Prae cutscenes.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Figures. I mean that's still pretty nice, especially if you get Westwind.
Is there a good poetics dump somewhere though? I'm gonna run out of alt jobs to kit out eventually.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Foxhound posted:

especially if you get Westwind.
Westwind is trial.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow. Are the Azim Steppes the first area with three aetherytes now?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

HenryEx posted:

Wow. Are the Azim Steppes the first area with three aetherytes now?

Yanxia's had 3 since the last patch- one in the underground base, one in Namai, one in the new 'let's build this town up' area

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The doman enclave is technically a separate area though, if i remember right.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ridorona is cool.
Spoilers for it.
I hope you guys like math. Also only 99% sure since ACT is broken atm but, Yiazmat has 50 million HP, with a gimmick to chunk 40% of it. He even uses Growing Threat at 10% HP and starts glowing red.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 22, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MSQ spoilers
Shadowhunter is Gaius I assume.

Obscure Risk
Feb 23, 2009

TASed losers
Cya dopes

The new trial is pretty neato. Good music to go along with it, too.

ImpAtom posted:

MSQ spoilers
Shadowhunter is Gaius I assume.

I'm inclined to agree, though I cannot begin to place the two wandering around with him.
e: I completely overlooked the fact that the end of the cutscene zoomed in on a mask that wasn't similar to the ascian ones. It was his white mask.

Obscure Risk fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 22, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The quest lines for the Namazu / Kurenai custom deliveries have some primo WoL reaction shots

:geno:

:gonk:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The final raid boss is Yiazmat. :supaburn:

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

This is A Patch.

It is A Good Patch.

Hi Gaius. Though drat I too cannot begin to place the other two. The girl seemed like she had a Garlean eye (though was a BLM?) and she's WAY too short and dissimilar to Lucia to be Livia; I also feel like she's kind of familiar. The 'zen is completely unfamiliar and I just assume he's a new character. Rip Rhitatyn for real I guess. :smith:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Is it wrong that I spent like 15 minutes just watching as people get brutally murdered by Red Chocobos over and over?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

This is A Patch.

It is A Good Patch.

Hi Gaius. Though drat I too cannot begin to place the other two. The girl seemed like she had a Garlean eye (though was a BLM?) and she's WAY too short and dissimilar to Lucia to be Livia; I also feel like she's kind of familiar. The 'zen is completely unfamiliar and I just assume he's a new character. Rip Rhitatyn for real I guess. :smith:

The girl isn't Garlean, but both are probably just ex-Imperial soldiers following Gaius to the end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ridorana is really fun! Just cleared it with the goon party.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
The best part of Ridorana is GIGA DORIRU BUREKU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

This is A Patch.

It is A Good Patch.

If you mean the Elezen who killed the guy and stole the Magitek... I have the suspicion it's the true Zenos in a new body. I could be wrong but the katana + the way he talked.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

If you mean the Elezen who killed the guy and stole the Magitek... I have the suspicion it's the true Zenos in a new body. I could be wrong but the katana + the way he talked.

No, I mean the darker-skinned Elezen who was accompanying Gaius, the one with the tattoos. I don't recognize him at all. I can't even think of anyone like that who Gaius would've run into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer
In order to unlock Samurai and Red Mage, you have to hit level 50 on the character you want it on, or does it unlock for the whole account? My solo character has been chugging through the MSQ but I'd like to play as those classes on alts I have when I'm playing with my family.

This game has me hooked badly, it's been only 2 or 3 weeks since I first posted here for advice and I already have a spoony bard at 49 with the first chunk of the MSQ done. :stare: