Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CruzerZERO posted:

In order to unlock Samurai and Red Mage, you have to hit level 50 on the character you want it on, or does it unlock for the whole account? My solo character has been chugging through the MSQ but I'd like to play as those classes on alts I have when I'm playing with my family.

This game has me hooked badly, it's been only 2 or 3 weeks since I first posted here for advice and I already have a spoony bard at 49 with the first chunk of the MSQ done. :stare:

You have to be 50 on the character you want it on. Unlike Ast/Drk/Mch though you can get it as soon as you hit 50, no plot progression (beyond reaching Ul'dah) required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
My break I took is coming back to bite me in the rear end, I'm only i330 and the MSQ trial required i335...guess I gotta grind out some ilvls...

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Post-gravedigging Elezen does got me wondering, though. His hood was drawn over his head in a way to hide a conspicuous Garlean eye, to the point that I thought he was suppose to be Gaius befor ethey dropped Shadowhunter in the next quest.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ouhei posted:

My break I took is coming back to bite me in the rear end, I'm only i330 and the MSQ trial required i335...guess I gotta grind out some ilvls...

You're in luck. Sigmascape normal had it's weekly restriction removed, so you can get 350 belt, accessories, helmet, gloves, and boots pretty quick if RNG allows it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Oh yeah, no way in hell that Shadowhunter is NOT Gaius, the first loving thing he does in the battle is do the X blade spam. Oh man can we have 4.4 already?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I'm at work so I can't check. Did they increase the size of the glamour dresser at all?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, at least according to someone in FC chat, haven't checked myself.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Goddammit.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

SpaceDrake posted:

No, I mean the darker-skinned Elezen who was accompanying Gaius, the one with the tattoos. I don't recognize him at all. I can't even think of anyone like that who Gaius would've run into.

It's obviously Louisoix

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Just did Ridorana with goons.

We may want to schedule things to get these done as goons for the near future, I don't trust pubs to not gently caress up many things.

Seriously, you thought Forgall, Ozma, Diabolos, Hashmalum and Rofocale were pubgrinders? Ha ha, there are mechanics where if you die, you functionally become unable to beat the boss until whoever is still alive agrees to wipe and reset, and mechanics where you can't just "follow where everyone else goes", and not gently caress over the rest of the group.

KnoxZone posted:

Is it wrong that I spent like 15 minutes just watching as people get brutally murdered by Red Chocobos over and over?

No. I also spent half an hour farming rez achievement.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Hey, Asahi. Remember how I said I was going to kill you last? I lied. :getin:"

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Just did Ridorana with goons.

We may want to schedule things to get these done as goons for the near future, I don't trust pubs to not gently caress up many things.

Seriously, you thought Forgall, Ozma, Diabolos, Hashmalum and Rofocale were pubgrinders? Ha ha, there are mechanics where if you die, you functionally become unable to beat the boss until whoever is still alive agrees to wipe and reset, and mechanics where you can't just "follow where everyone else goes", and not gently caress over the rest of the group.

Math Blaster is going to be LOADS of fun in duty finder groups, I can already see it.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I found a bug with the Namazu quests. I accepted one quest as a CUL and two of them as an ALC, I had to retrieve the items from the crate as an ALC, craft them as a CUL, then submit them to the NPC as an ALC.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I gotta say, I still don't like Yotsuyu, but I can't say that anyone really deserves the conga-line poo poo show she got in 4.3. What a hosed up family.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
MSQ chat she still got her revenge, and there are now two less rear end in a top hat Doman expats. Not even mad that she shanked Asahi after the dolt gloated about burning bridges AKA" separating your head and body is no longer verboten". I just gotta wrap up the couple remaining to get context for this CIA document.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I guess I have to finish the 4.2 MSQ now :smith:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

In case anyone is having trouble looking up which quests to do for fishy fun, or you're lazy, here's a quick guide.

How to Unlock Namazu Quests

Prerequisites:
You must have completed the main story quest "In Crimson They Walked", which requires level 66.
You must have a Lv60+ DoH or DoL job to accept the final quest.

1) Complete the following two quest chains, which both start in Yanxia near the Namai aetheryte. All of the quests (with one exception) have blue "+" icons:

Perchance to Hanami (normal quest icon - unlocks the quest hub in southwest Yanxia)
> Gyorin the Namazu
> No Wealth Like Mineral Wealth
> Fresh Flesh
> Show Me the New Money
> Amber Alert

Courage the Cowardly Lupin
> Kurobana vs. the Rice Sacks
> Kurobana vs. the Arrowheads
> Kurobana Holmes

2) Head back to Namai and complete the followup quest "Kurobana vs. Gyorin".

3) Travel to the Azim Steppe and complete the unlock quest "Something Fishy This Way Comes", which starts at the southern end of the zone near the Yanxia zone line. As mentioned above, you must be a Lv60+ DoH or DoL to accept the quest. Don't forget to attune to the new aetheryte!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 22, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The reason the Ascians haven't been around is because Gaius has been murdering them all offscreen. :allears:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I see that Aenor is still hungry for Hoary's boulders.

As for MSQ stuff: Shadowhunter is 100% definitely Gaius. The real question is, if Elidibus is riding around in Zenos' corpse, why does Gaius have Elidibus' mask? :tinfoil:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The reason the Ascians haven't been around is because Gaius has been murdering them all offscreen. :allears:

Also this. He's been busy!

E: wait nevermind, that isn't Elidibus' mask. It's the white part of Gaius' mask. I forgot his wasn't solid black.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 22, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yiazmat's quote if you fail to stop his ultimate is spooky.

Also, the new trial is Minstrel's Ballad. :stonk:

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I only just barely managed to get past the MSQ trial before work (really good fight btw), but I am more curious on why a poo poo load of Red Chocobos decided to try to forcefully conquer Yanxia of all places

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Being incredibly cautious and putting this silly thing behind a spoiler.

/ponder and /think is my new fav combo.

:abrathink:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
10,000 hours in MSPaint

Also raid boss spoilers

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Skaw posted:

You're in luck. Sigmascape normal had it's weekly restriction removed, so you can get 350 belt, accessories, helmet, gloves, and boots pretty quick if RNG allows it.

Yeah, I'm gonna throw myself in there tonight, maybe pick up a crafted piece or two and see what the new 24man can do for me.

Is the new dungeon locked behind the MSQ as well or can I unlock that otherwise? I can't EXDR anymore to try and get more tomes to increase my ilvl which is kind of counter productive.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MechaX posted:

I only just barely managed to get past the MSQ trial before work (really good fight btw), but I am more curious on why a poo poo load of Red Chocobos decided to try to forcefully conquer Yanxia of all places

Just Raid things.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
So I think I'm going to come back to FFXIV now that my real life has settled down some. Are AST still in a good place usefulness wise? I last played at the end of the Heavensward (at least, I think that is right).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Chaitai posted:

So I think I'm going to come back to FFXIV now that my real life has settled down some. Are AST still in a good place usefulness wise? I last played at the end of the Heavensward (at least, I think that is right).

AST has still been pretty useful, and it just got some pretty amazing buffs today.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ouhei posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna throw myself in there tonight, maybe pick up a crafted piece or two and see what the new 24man can do for me.

Is the new dungeon locked behind the MSQ as well or can I unlock that otherwise? I can't EXDR anymore to try and get more tomes to increase my ilvl which is kind of counter productive.

The new dungeon is from the side quest in Tamamizu, it's a continuation of the Four Lords story.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

His child will have a 50/50 chance of being discarded for having inherited bad stats.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Thundarr posted:

His child will have a 50/50 chance of being discarded for having inherited bad stats.

I don't feel so good, Mr. of Light..

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I swear I remember (MSQ end)the Ascians once mentioning something about members not showing up, or there being conspicuously empty chairs in their weirdo throne chamber, or something similar. Am I just inventing this in my head to make this even cooler?

TooManyUzukis fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 22, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know where to get the new type of sand for crafting stuff?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

HenryEx posted:

Anyone know where to get the new type of sand for crafting stuff?

They're on the old nodes for the dawnbright sand reducible items as new items, at least the botany one was. In the ephemeral node in the Doma Castle area of Yanxia, between 4 PM and 8 PM. Perception requirements for max appraisal are still generously low.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 22, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

One man's ruse is another man's keikaku!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cabbit posted:

I don't feel so good, Mr. of Light..

Miss, I'll have you know.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The writers are getting better. It's one thing to show off the obvious twist. It's another to hide another twist beneath it that still adheres to the lore.

Surprising no one, Elidibus has taken over Zenos' body. The hidden twist is that Zenos himself is still alive elsewhere, having (accidentally) used his Resonant-Echo powers to take over a common Ala Mhigan soldier a la the Sahagin Priest bodyjacking way back in 2.0. So it turns out both theories about Zenos' survival were correct.

As for the rest of the MSQ, I'll just say this: that wasn't the Primal I was expecting. Or more specifically, that wasn't the summoner I was expecting.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SL the Pyro posted:

The writers are getting better. It's one thing to show off the obvious twist. It's another to hide another twist beneath it that still adheres to the lore.

Surprising no one, Elidibus has taken over Zenos' body. The hidden twist is that Zenos himself is still alive elsewhere, having (accidentally) used his Resonant-Echo powers to take over a common Ala Mhigan soldier a la the Sahagin Priest bodyjacking way back in 2.0. So it turns out both theories about Zenos' survival were correct.

As for the rest of the MSQ, I'll just say this: that wasn't the Primal I was expecting. Or more specifically, that wasn't the summoner I was expecting.

For me the biggest twist was that the faction Asahi was fake repping turned out to be real and Maxima is a bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SL the Pyro posted:

what

No seriously, I didn't get that at all from the MSQ. Unless you mean you think the mystery elf is actually Zenos.