Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

oldpainless posted:

Considering how poor the American public education system is, I’m not surprised more parents are turning to home schooled programs.

Most parents who have the ability to homeschool make enough money that, if their concern is quality of education, they can just enroll their kid in a private school or move to a good school district. So quality of education isn't why most parents choose to homeschool. Most choose to homeschool because public schools aren't Jesusy enough for them and private schools that espouse their specific brand of protestant evangelicalism are rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wow I was really wrong there but to be fair I am a product of the American public education system so going off me as an example it’s not hard to see why more and more parents are turning to home schooled programs

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

No ring.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

oldpainless posted:

Wow I was really wrong there but to be fair I am a product of the American public education system so going off me as an example it’s not hard to see why more and more parents are turning to home schooled programs

I wonder how many kids will be homeschooled in the coming years just so they don't get shot.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

I wonder how many kids will be homeschooled in the coming years just so they don't get shot.

I'm pretty sure statistically that your house is the most likely place you will be shot. that's at least one incentive to keep your grades up.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
For when your evangelical charter school doesn't make your kid enough of a socially awkward backwards opinion having idiot, there is always homeschool.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also no wrist bones apparently.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

zoux posted:

Quoting late but I just found out that

You can't leave out the best part:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GWi3FQAfo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Pakled posted:

Most parents who have the ability to homeschool make enough money that, if their concern is quality of education, they can just enroll their kid in a private school or move to a good school district. So quality of education isn't why most parents choose to homeschool. Most choose to homeschool because public schools aren't Jesusy enough for them and private schools that espouse their specific brand of protestant evangelicalism are rare.

Basically there are two types of homeschool situations: The one above where they're hyper religious, and the kid learns all about Jesus, but "graduates" at a 2nd grade reading level. The other case is the opposite, where it's ultra liberal intelligent types who don't believe the public school system is good enough, and literally every single thing that happens in the kid's life becomes a homework assignment and they're writing college level term papers at age 11. I can't really fault the latter I guess, but the former case is like, 4/5ths of homeschooling.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Both sound pretty miserable to me but I imagine the kids in both cases probably come to enjoy it if it's all they ever experience. :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My buddy and his wife are homeschooling their kids, but that's because she's a teacher and they love to travel. They also make sure they do extracurricular activities like plays and sports with other kids. I don't think they're religious or anything, just want the freedom to goo places with their kids whenever. She said her biggest fear was having her kids be the "weird homeschooled kids."

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The good ideal homeschool situations seem to be like good poly relationships, sure they exist and I guess you don't hear about them as much but they really aren't the norm.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

RoboRodent posted:

Homeschooled Christian cum kid wants to be a doctor.

"Your cancer is God's punishment because you touch yourself. Take two Hail Marys and six Lord's Prayers. Don't bother to call me in the morning, I don't know what I'm doing."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Choco1980 posted:

Basically there are two types of homeschool situations: The one above where they're hyper religious, and the kid learns all about Jesus, but "graduates" at a 2nd grade reading level. The other case is the opposite, where it's ultra liberal intelligent types who don't believe the public school system is good enough, and literally every single thing that happens in the kid's life becomes a homework assignment and they're writing college level term papers at age 11. I can't really fault the latter I guess, but the former case is like, 4/5ths of homeschooling.

I remember when South Park made fun of homeschooling, they focused entirely on the latter and didn't even acknowledge the former

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Lol homeschooling is literally illegal in my country because it turns kids into weirdos.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Honj Steak posted:

Lol homeschooling is literally illegal in my country because it turns kids into weirdos.

(sigh)

it indeed does.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

You goddamn troglodyte. You just had to say it. It wasn’t enough the past 300,000 times someone said it. And you said it to a purposeful goatse reference. I hope someone beats you with a rake. I hope you get a brain parasite from eating pinworm-infested rear end. You quintessence of dumbassery. Spray tear gas up your urethra. Drown in a port-a-potty. May the gods poo poo fire on your cadaver. EAT gently caress

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

ping posted:

Ping statistics for 1.2.2.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

freeedr posted:

You goddamn troglodyte. You just had to say it. It wasn’t enough the past 300,000 times someone said it. And you said it to a purposeful goatse reference. I hope someone beats you with a rake. I hope you get a brain parasite from eating pinworm-infested rear end. You quintessence of dumbassery. Spray tear gas up your urethra. Drown in a port-a-potty. May the gods poo poo fire on your cadaver. EAT gently caress

Sir, this is a glory hole

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

sneakyfrog posted:

(sigh)

it indeed does.

Lol, Guygoodbody was def. home schooled.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LifeSunDeath posted:

there is no need for this kind of aggression in the funny pictures thread

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

LifeSunDeath posted:

He was hot for teacher

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

He was hot for teacher

hahahaha gross

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

freeedr posted:

Lighten up, Francis.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

He was hot for teacher

Eeewwwwwwww

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Screaming Idiot posted:

He was hot for teacher

:perfect:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/zBWWELM.mp4

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 21:04 on May 22, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Honj Steak posted:

Condolences on your lack of freedom.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

is it just me or is it feeling a lot like imgur in here

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Your Computer posted:

is it just me or is it feeling a lot like imgur in here

Oh good lord.
That is what all the fcking PYF threads are. They pull everything off Reddit and Imgur and post it here

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:smithcloud:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
"meninist" is such a retarded word

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
She didn't even retweet the right person

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Please don't ruin Rand's gimmick. It's all he's got ever since the Pink Smudge.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just like contributing. :ohdear:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Posting funny pictures you find on the internet into the funny pictures thread is a gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

how dare you find images on imgur and *gasp* re-post them as your own!

i only find my images artisanally sourced from ebaumsworld