Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah there's certainly that aspect too I just wonder if it's something the police would take seriously in the first place.

I was gonna say he should go to the police but then I realized it really depends where you are on if they'll take you seriously or just make fun of you for 'letting' a woman rape you :smith: Hell it may even just come down to how much empathy that individual cop you meet first has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

What I read is that you think this thread is too down on sexual relationships between teens and non-teens, so I'd be happy to learn that I misunderstood you.

Basically what the other guy said. Like one example was a woman posting a 23 year old woman was cheating on her husband of 6 years. One of the first responses was to call her husband a pedo. His age wasn't posted or even alluded to. Personally I would say 17 is too young to get married, but there was nothing to say he wasn't an idiot teenager as well. Your first response to me was to jump straight to suggesting I was a pedo, do you not think thats a bit of a weird thing to do?

The_end
May 17, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Me [30's M] very angry with my gf [30'sF] - 5 years, for not listening to me and getting our little dog killed

You move forward by dumping the idiot girlfriend and find one that respects leash laws.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

The_end posted:

You move forward by dumping the idiot girlfriend and find one that respects leash laws.
I don't think she was doing anything illegal; just stupid.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Doc Hawkins posted:

What I read is that you think this thread is too down on sexual relationships between teens and non-teens, so I'd be happy to learn that I misunderstood you.

I think a 20M with a 19F is a pedophile, as is an 18M with a 17F.

Should I (M22) dump my girlfriend (21F) for suggesting an open relationship?

quote:

Me and my girlfriend were talking about how much she wants to try being with a girl. I told her I didn’t care if she saw other people as long as there were no guys.

The girl she was “talking” to before me is currently in an open relationship and they are successful. The conversation led into her asking me how I felt about an open relationship, like with other guys involved. This rubbed me the wrong way and I immediately got pissed off.

At some point I agreed out of spite and then she got all jealous after I downloaded tinder saying “I don’t want to do this if you’re going to go and gently caress a million girls in a week”

At some point she wanted to just drop it and now she doesn’t like the idea anymore. I told her I felt like she didn’t like me anymore or I wasn’t meeting her needs. She was reassuring that this wasn’t a premeditated discussion that it was just a thought that she had because of what we were talking about she is certain that she wants me, and that it only came up because she was simply “curious” about it because she has friends in an open relationship. She said she wanted to “try” it and actually didn’t desire it or want it in any way shape or form. Since I said no she is okay with that and wants to remain monogamous.

Would you dump a girl over this because of the uncertainty? I know she isn’t going to cheat on me, because she’s not that type of girl and I know her previous relationships and she’s very honest and direct. However this made me totally feel like she’s not as interested in me and I don’t know if I’m over-reacting and being too emotional or if this is a real problem.

TL;DR Girlfriend suggested an open relationship, it wasn’t premeditated it was just an idea she had because we were talking about threesomes and how her friend’s open relationship works. She just wanted to “try” it and see if it worked for us. If I said no, she would be perfectly fine with monogamy. But I got offended and freaked out, and I feel like she’s not interested in me anymore

Ending the relationship is abuse and if you try to do that, she should dump you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Ending the relationship is abuse and if you try to do that, she should dump you.

See, on the one hand, I think it's dumb when people say 18- or 19-year-olds are literal children and anyone attempting to date one is a pedophile

but on the other hand I'm reading the relationship issues of these 22- and 21-year-olds and all I can think is "jeez friggin kids"

His girlfriend got curious about something she read on the Internet. It turned out she didn't like it in practice, so she's backing out. That kind of poo poo is what your early 20s are for.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

She has already hosed several other men and is garbage in general, dump her

You are also garbage though so dump yourself if possible

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, she doesn't care or want to gently caress other people; she just wants the option to do so whenever she wants. NBD.

I don't understand why people don't just date casually if they want to be with other people. Is it just that they want their emotional needs met with a "serious" partner, but still want to screw around?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, she doesn't care or want to gently caress other people; she just wants the option to do so whenever she wants. NBD.

I don't understand why people don't just date casually if they want to be with other people. Is it just that they want their emotional needs met with a "serious" partner, but still want to screw around?

They want to have a backup because they are terrified of being alone

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Leon Einstein posted:

yes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, they want to meet and gently caress new people, but they also want a "sure thing" waiting at home

It is an extremely juvenile thing to want and honestly kudos to the girlfriend for figuring out what a colossally dumb idea she had had and mashing the eject button on it before somebody got hurt

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Me [30's M] very angry with my gf [30'sF] - 5 years, for not listening to me and getting our little dog killed

I know everyone else already said it, but I hate this person so much I have to reiterate: there's no coming back from this. Depending on the state, it may well have been illegal. (Some states don't have leash laws, some states with leash laws restrict it only to public areas or dogs that are in heat or 'vicious', and some say that they need to be leashed or otherwise contained even on your property.) But that's not the issue here - she was adamant about ignoring his wishes and being irresponsible with an animal he loves. She killed his dog through negligence, she's 100% at fault, and he needs to :sever:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Kelly posted:

We live on the woods and when we get a dog in a year or two it will be a lab or something big because I will be so worried about a small dog here I would actually lose sleep. I am getting worried for you as a matter of fact.

Little dog only goes outside with me on a leash and usually has our medium dog which is a pit by his side while he's in the yard. The landlord has a kangal/dogo and a rottweiler that usually keep big things away, and if something gets past that they still have to get through eight cows and three horses that stomp unfamiliar canines. He's relatively safe but I still worry.

I honestly can't imagine caring so little about someone that you let a little creature they love die. Terrible loving person.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 22, 2018

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
My neighborhood has a lot of free range doggos but they're all big and they all run around in a pack together. I can't imagine how fast a small dog off its leash would be eaten. Like why would you do that

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

girl pants posted:

My neighborhood has a lot of free range doggos but they're all big and they all run around in a pack together. I can't imagine how fast a small dog off its leash would be eaten. Like why would you do that

Someone down the street from us has two maremma sheepdogs and one gets loose late at night and wanders up and down the street challenging cars. Luckily all the houses are 20+acres apart but it's still creepy as poo poo.

E: I've said it before and I'll say it again-- I'm glad the only relationship issue me and mine have is cancer. Rather deal with cancer than lovely people and drama.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 22, 2018

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If the dog thing was just a freak occurrence, that's one thing. But she's literally seen him be captured by a Coyote before and narrowly escape and she still brushed it off. Like, god gave you a second chance with this dog and you said "nah lol." gently caress you forever, there's no coming back. She should never have a dog again or a boyfriend again or oxygen again.

I also think asking about an open relationship is instant breakup grounds. It doesn't matter how willing they are to accept it if you say no. Asking alone is a breakup/divorce worthy crime.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I also think asking about an open relationship is instant breakup grounds. It doesn't matter how willing they are to accept it if you say no. Asking alone is a breakup/divorce worthy crime.

yeah 100% agree and the bafflement and upset reactions of people who say "what, they're just asking!" are missing the point in almost the exact same way as in those "asexual partner is upset that their partner is leaving them and is unhappy with being offered sex knowing the other party isn't into it" are.

bells can't be unrung, basically

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't think she was doing anything illegal; just stupid.

She was existing in the 'Bad Thing won't happen to me because.....because" overconfident mindset that makes people get shocked when they, say, get into a bad car wreck, or get cancer, or something like a violent murder-suicide or school shooting happens in their town. That's stuff that happens to Other People, not me!

We're ALL Other People.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Scathach posted:

Little dog only goes outside with me on a leash and usually has our medium dog which is a pit by his side while he's in the yard. The landlord has a kangal/dogo and a rottweiler that usually keep big things away, and if something gets past that they still have to get through eight cows and three horses that stomp unfamiliar canines. He's relatively safe but I still worry.

I honestly can't imagine caring so little about someone that you let a little creature they love die. Terrible loving person.

We have a problem with loving HAWKS swooping down and grabbing small animals. As a matter of fact, my dad told me to watch my son (he is almost six, tall - all limbs and around 50 pounds) because a hawk might get him. :stare:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

value-brand cereal posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/29r95d/i_think_my_wife_25f_raped_me27m_im_not_sure_if/

Posted byu/wiferapedme
3 years ago
I think my wife (25F) raped me(27m)? .... I'm not sure if she did or how to go about this, I'm so confused.◉ Locked Post ◉

UPDATE: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/29wo7g/update_i_think_my_wife_25f_raped_me27m_im_not/

I can vaguely relate. No butt stuff happened to me.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I [19F] need some advice on dealing with my face

quote:

I don't want to sound like a snob, so I don't really know how to say this, but I am very lucky with my face and body. I don't know how else to put this, I'm in college right now and I any class I take, I'm usually the best looking woman in the room. I have been offered to act or model many times but I prefer to go to school and study. It doesn't help that I am a "girly girl" and do a lot to maintain my skin, hair, and body and dress well. I also have a cultural background that places a lot of importance on women maintaining their looks, my mother is a very beautiful woman and put these values in me. I always dress nicely, not too much, but for school I put on some nice clothes always, I have never worn sweatpants or leggings outside the house. Not that there is something bad about this! Just, it is not what I do. I feel out of place a lot because I always do a nice hairstyle for school, blouse, nice skirt, pretty shoes, so I feel out of place because most people dress much differently. I don't want to seem like I think I am better, I was just raised to dress very nice when going out, it is part of me I don't want to change.

So, this is something I have a problem with. Only yesterday, waiting for class to begin, I look up and this woman is glaring at me angrily. I feel like women glare at me often and I catch them doing so, and that they dislike me right away. I try to be nice and polite to everyone, ask about themselves if we do small talk, but sometimes it seems like my face causes me a lot of problems. Even my female teachers I feel are colder towards me.

I feel lonely a lot. I feel like women will not give me a chance. Women stare at me a lot and I feel like they look angry. Once or twice, maybe they are spacing out at me. But this happens every day, at least once, so I feel like it is because of me. Even if they say something nice, like they compliment me, it sounds mean even though the words are nice. I feel like I am going crazy. I don't know if I am imagining this or if women do treat me differently. I focus more on school now because I have given up making a friend, if it happens that is good, but mostly I want to feel like the women around me are not so hostile. But again, maybe I am being crazy and everyone is just having a bad day and has nothing to do with me. But then it happens every day, everywhere, so am I 100% crazy or is something really happening here? It also happens to me if I go to a café maybe, the woman serving me will be rude and put my bank card on the counter and walk off, even though she was friendly to the woman before me and handed her card back to her nicely. All the time, little things like this, and I don't know if people are having a bad day or if they hate me. It happens so much I feel like it is because of me, I do say "please" and "thank you" and have good manners, but I feel like I am going crazy.

Am I doing something wrong? I hope I don't sound like a snob. I have a hard time talking to anyone about this because I know it is ridiculous to complain about being pretty. But I am a person too and I want to be liked and fit in. Is there anything I can do? If my face is the first thing people see and judge me on, will I have to deal with this forever? I do have one good female friend, since childhood, but I can't talk about this with her because I find it too embarrassing to complain about being pretty.

TLDR; I am very good looking and I feel like other women hate me right away. I feel lonely and can't make friends, or even feel like I am in a friendly room, I always feel like the women around me are cold. What can I do to make other women stop judging me on my face alone? I don't think I have a bad personality, I try to be friendly and helpful at school. Again, I am sorry if this makes me sound awful to complain about being pretty, but I don't know who else to talk to.

It’s because they know you’re not giving nice guys a chance.

NEXT!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Wear juggalo makeup?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
If I had to guess, she's subconsciously broadcasting that she thinks she's the best-looking in the room and not doing as great of a job covering it up as she thinks. There's a lot of quietly loaded statements in there which, even if she doesn't mean to, clearly broadcasts her value system. She might say she's fine with others wearing sweatpants and leggings, but is she really? Really? You don't bring it up as an example of what you 'won't do' if you don't also kinda look down on it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
She could try to adopt a Cool Nerd Girl persona to make herself more approachable maybe, but then of course the other women wouldn't be able to get a word in around the stammering of awkward men

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

NEXT!

Oh poo poo I rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck in the back of my head somebody help

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Hellblazer187 posted:

Agree. I can't recall a single time in this massive thread where asking for an open relationship wasn't an indicator of another problem. Like, it would always be something like "I cheated, can we have an open relationship so it doesn't 'count' as cheating?" or "I really want to cheat and scoped out a partner but want permission to sleep with them (also if you say no I'm still going to sleep with them.)"

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I should stop being so surprised at how often this question gets asked.

My friend [37F] has asked me [32M] to have a baby with her. Good idea? Bad idea?

quote:

Beth and I have known each other for 10 years. We met while working together and have been friends ever since. We just seemed to click, but we also have a number of things in common. Although we haven't worked together in quite some time, we see each other often and remain close.

I think early on there might have been some sexual tension, but for the most part, it has been a platonic relationship.

A couple years ago, Beth broke up with her long term boyfriend. They had dated for almost as long as I had known her, but he finally admitted to her that he didn't want kids. He had told her that he "wasn't sure" for years, but I don't believe he ever really wanted them. I think more likely he just didn't want to admit it and have her leave him.

Since Beth broke up with her ex, although she has seen a number of guys, nothing has worked out so far.

To get to the chase, Beth has asked me to consider having a baby with her. She wants very much to be a mother, and she is afraid that her window is quickly closing. She is extremely concerned that she will run out of time before she meets a guy that she cares about and knows well enough to feel comfortable having children with him given how the past couple of years has gone. Whereas with me she says that all those boxes are checked.

I do feel for her and I would like to help her, but I am concerned about how this would work and whether or not it is a good idea.

I have worked out some pros and cons.

Pros:

She would be a great mother. I think we would do well coparenting because we know each other so well and have such a great relationship, not to mention that we have almost identical values. I have been thinking lately a lot about children, and I am at a point in my life where this is something I do want and the timing works. Financially we are both well off and could afford it.

The cons:

It could and probably will change our relationship. I worry that maybe this will be a negative change especially if one of us develops feelings that are not reciprocated. I also think about what it could mean for future relationships. I think there is very little chance of anything ever happening with Beth and me, so does that fact alone make this a bad idea? How would we raise a baby between two households? How do we explain this to friends and family? If I say yes, am I robbing her of a chance to find someone and have a more traditional family life?

I am sure there are other things I have left out, but that is what I have so far.

I am leaning towards agreeing right now even though I am not close to making a decision, and I think this is something I want. I have discussed it with a few friends, and I have received mixed feedback.

I thought I would see what others who don't know us personally might think. Is this is a good idea? Is it a bad idea?

tl;dr: a friend of mine wants me to have a baby with her because she thinks that it may be her only chance to have a baby with someone she cares about. I am leaning towards agreeing, but I wonder if I am making a mistake and if there is anything I haven't considered.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
"robbing" her? dude she's got agency, she's loving asking, let her decide what would be 'robbing' her, goddamn

also is he chris traeger?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

girl pants posted:

Oh poo poo I rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck in the back of my head somebody help
We can tell she's stuck up without even seeing her. I can imagine how high she holds her nose in person. That being said, I've seen women get really catty around attractive women due to jealousy.

Also, people shouldn't have kids with their friends just for the heck of it.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Dienes posted:

Agree. I can't recall a single time in this massive thread where asking for an open relationship wasn't an indicator of another problem. Like, it would always be something like "I cheated, can we have an open relationship so it doesn't 'count' as cheating?" or "I really want to cheat and scoped out a partner but want permission to sleep with them (also if you say no I'm still going to sleep with them.)"

I've actually even been a victim of this. My first relationship my partner asked for this. We were like 27, had been together since 20. I said "Well, maybe in the future we might both feel this way, since we have been each other's only partners, but right now I'm not comfortable with this." And next day she was talking to a dude about boning and I was like wait a minute! She said they never boned but looking back on things I'm pretty sure they did, and probably she also hosed the guy at the tobacco shop who just magically spent a day at our house when I was away for work tee hee we're just friends.

I stuck around another 2 years because I was/am completely spineless. Actually she left me. Hopefully I learned a bit from it and wouldn't be as spineless if it happened again.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Leon Einstein posted:

We can tell she's stuck up without even seeing her. I can imagine how high she holds her nose in person. That being said, I've seen women get really catty around attractive women due to jealousy.

it's a vicious cycle but it can be broken out of by pulling one's head out of their rear end

Leon Einstein posted:

Also, people shouldn't have kids with their friends just for the heck of it.

seems about as good a reason as people having babies with one-night stands they don't even know bc 'i have to take responsibility'

actually it kinda seems better bc at least this baby is wanted by both parents, who know they get along, and who are at a stable point in their lives

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

seems about as good a reason as people having babies with one-night stands they don't even know bc 'i have to take responsibility'
Yeah, neither are a good idea.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

actually it kinda seems better bc at least this baby is wanted by both parents, who know they get along, and who are at a stable point in their lives

counterpoint: it will make dating for him difficult in the future-- imagine being on a date with someone who tells you they Just Friends had a child with their friend and they're coparenting? i would definitely run from that.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I'm [30m] and she's a [31f] she just found out she's pregnant and were keeping it

quote:

Gf is pregnant not sure what to do. Were both broke I'm 30 she's 31. I'm have 14 classes left of college and haven't done a internship yet. I'm an i.t. major. I told both my parents yesterday and my dad freaked the gently caress out. I have no job, she has no job and baby is due at the end of January of next year. She's 6 weeks in right now. I'm loving terrified. I love her we've been together for 7 years. We had an abortion just last year. She hates birth control because it makes her depressed and gives her mood swings and i dont like using condoms because i injured my dick a while back and it became numb so i dont have alot of feeling there.

TL;DR Gf got pregnant. I'm broke. She's broke. I have 14 classes left of college.

quote:

I'm full time school and she's in between jobs.her dad gives her money for groceries and we both live with our parents

I still can't believe those ages. :stare:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

girl pants posted:

counterpoint: it will make dating for him difficult in the future-- imagine being on a date with someone who tells you they Just Friends had a child with their friend and they're coparenting? i would definitely run from that.

It does sound a little red-flaggy but I'm not really sure how it's that distinct from being amiably divorced and sharing custody with your ex

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

NEXT!

Oh god I worked with a woman like this. There’s layers and layers and layers to why everyone found her supremely obnoxious, ranging from how vain she was to how obsessed with appearing “perfect” she was to how she made literally every other woman in her zip code look frumpy by comparison to the fact she’d happily throw you under the bus the instant she thought it’d make her look good. It was 10% jealousy and 90% “omg this vapid rear end in a top hat again.” She’s currently working for Big Tech Company in silicone valley and carries around a tripod and a drone to take pics of herself with for her Instagram.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Doggles posted:

I'm [30m] and she's a [31f] she just found out she's pregnant and were keeping it

Sounds like they need to start experimenting with buttsex

after they get an additional abortion ofc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

Counterpoint he has a portfolio to demonstrate to prospective mates

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Doggles posted:

These are the idiot strawmen that pro-lifers think are the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I mean, pics or it didn't happen is an internet cliche and usually kind of creepy - but I think she needs to post pics if she wants anyone to be able to verify that she's simply too pretty for girls to ever like or if she's actually just a vain idiot. 99 to 1 its the second thing.