Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only if cars could nod. Both of them knew, waiting as several hundred implacable tons screamed by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

shame on an IGA posted:

That time some 19th century texan Vince McMahon staged a monster truck rally for locomotives and sold 40,000 tickets without taking into account boiler explosions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush,_Texas

quote:

The story made national headlines, and Crush was immediately fired from the Katy railroad. In light of a lack of negative publicity, however, he was rehired the next day and continued to work for the company until his retirement, in a career spanning six decades. The Katy quickly settled several lawsuits from the victims' families with cash and lifetime rail passes; the injured photographer received damages amounting to $10,000. Though the incident had resulted in tragedy, the Katy benefited enormously from the attention it received, including international recognition. Despite the disaster, many railroads continued to stage locomotive collisions in the following years.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

When these things eat people, why is it that the metal plates always seem to shoot open? You'd figure a loving plate sitting on a frame would be something you could stand on without issue.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LifeSunDeath posted:

When these things eat people, why is it that the metal plates always seem to shoot open? You'd figure a loving plate sitting on a frame would be something you could stand on without issue.

If the plate isn't supported all the way to the edge, there are spots where the weight of a person would lever it up.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

haveblue posted:

If the plate isn't supported all the way to the edge, there are spots where the weight of a person would lever it up.

And the only difference between an industrial macerator and the underside of an escalator is the macerator will at least kill you quicker than the escalator gears will.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

And the only difference between an industrial macerator and the underside of an escalator is the macerator will at least kill you quicker than the escalator gears will.

Helpful illustration of the underside of an escalator

https://i.imgur.com/wuCkbaZ.gifv

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Helpful illustration of the underside of an escalator

It's too clean. It needs gear oil that has the consistency of peanut butter, a respectable coating of filth, and the pulverized remains of at least three good sized rats. Rust is also appropriate, but should be kept to tasteful malignant neglect, rather than slathering it on and going for the outdoor scrapyard chic look.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Possible maceration isn’t even the scariest thing about escalators.

That honour belongs to fire.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

is the new bridge stronger than the old bridge?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

do.....do we make the same jokes we made yesterday?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There's on extra picture so we need to make one extra joke

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Splicer posted:

There's on extra picture so we need to make one extra joke

Look, look, obviously mistakes were made but lets just let it be water under the bridge.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arrath posted:

Look, look, obviously mistakes were made but lets just let it be water under the bridge house.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"Welp, guess we live here now."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why does a mobile home have a two-car garage?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Looks pretty immobile right now

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

No I'm pretty sure they are moving it, it's in the middle of the road

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Platystemon posted:

It's a regular home designed in the same way as everyone's first house in the sims.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Powershift posted:

Arrath posted:

Look, look, obviously mistakes were made but lets just let it be water under the bridge house bridge.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

haveblue posted:

Also recently in Chinese news a mother died being pulled into an escalator because the panels weren't screwed in properly. Her son and 2 other people watched her die. So that's probably why they're also very concerned about not being next.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

is the new bridge stronger than the old bridge?

Neighborhood going out of its way to make the new troll family feel welcome with this bridgewarming gift.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Platystemon posted:

"Mobile home" is really a misnomer. It's only meant to be mobile once.

Why yes I listen 99% Invisible why do you ask

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Imagined posted:

"Mobile home" is really a misnomer. It's only meant to be mobile once.

Why yes I listen 99% Invisible why do you ask

Park models are designed to move after the initial move. HUD calls anything pre-HUD requirements a mobile home and anything after a Manufactured home, but honestly when I think of a "mobile home" I think of a park model that still has it's tongue and axels and could be moved easily, and when I think "manufactured" I think double or triple wide and not gonna move again.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

therobit posted:

Park models are designed to move after the initial move. HUD calls anything pre-HUD requirements a mobile home and anything after a Manufactured home, but honestly when I think of a "mobile home" I think of a park model that still has it's tongue and axels and could be moved easily, and when I think "manufactured" I think double or triple wide and not gonna move again.

Well I meant in terms of the house in the picture, and why it has a garage.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The area of the floorplan is still limited.

I would rather have a detached garage or carport.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

value-brand cereal posted:

Also recently in Chinese news a mother died being pulled into an escalator because the panels weren't screwed in properly. Her son and 2 other people watched her die. So that's probably why they're also very concerned about not being next.
IIRC she managed to push her son onto safe ground before he could be sucked in as well?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLUppwRShpE&t=11s

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
cock

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Since mobile homes got mentioned I might as well post my favorite commercial (also alabama.mp4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RLqLx1iYI

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Collateral Damage posted:

Not that exact image, but could you be talking about the Montparnasse derailment?

The locomotive stayed there for a few days after the accident and there were tons of pictures taken of it.

It's definitely this, here's a bunch of pictures: https://mashable.com/2015/07/31/montparnasse-train-wreck/

And the one in question

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Powershift posted:

do.....do we make the same jokes we made yesterday?

Considering this was posted in 2008, I'd say you've had some time to perfect your jokes.
Please do.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LostCosmonaut posted:

Since mobile homes got mentioned I might as well post my favorite commercial (also alabama.mp4)

It's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msumaGL_wwQ

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

LostCosmonaut posted:

I need to buy something from this man. Anything.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

No I'm pretty sure they are moving it, it's in the middle of the road
Now it's their castle, keep AND bridge.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the moat seems a bit misplaced though

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

evobatman posted:

I need to buy something from this man. Anything.

You won't hurt his feelings if you don't, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Birthplace of Channing Tatum :911: