Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I enjoy this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRVp3cYVg4

It taught me some good new swears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Who was saying that the empty space on a kinesis is useless?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

That’s filthy! You should at least 3D print a custom fit snack bowl or something

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Salt Fish posted:

try sushi next

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
got a surplus kinesis advantage @ work but it’s… used

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Salt Fish posted:

some fool

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is this where that keyboard goop goon meme comes into play

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Theres no goop inside a lucky charm marshmallow.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
3D printing a candy bowl to sit on my keyboard seems like a bad way to live life.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

3D printing a candy bowl to sit on my keyboard seems like a bad way to live life.

drat good thread title imo

also I got a topre keyboard and it's really good I think i'm going to take it to work because it's nice and quiet

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

topre harley

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

gesundheit

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
just cleaned of my unicomp model m with some windex on a cloth as indicated by the FAQ. feels good

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
i’m under the topre spell and will do whatever it takes for the Realforce tenkeyless RGB. i will give a handy to every topre exec.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Necronomoticon posted:

i’m under the topre spell and will do whatever it takes for the Realforce tenkeyless RGB. i will give a handy to every topre exec.

nokias are no longer popular

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Salt Fish posted:

are these lucky charms marshmallows?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Yeah I built up the pile slowly as I ate the non marshmallows and then I shoved the entire pile into my mouth at once.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah I built up the pile slowly as I ate the non marshmallows and then I shoved the entire pile into my mouth at once.

does your mom know you're using the computer?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Whenever I talk shop with my dad my mom will chime in "Well I wouldn't know my NAS from a hole in the ground!" even if the conversation didn't touch on any storage topic.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
your mom sounds cool

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

eschaton posted:

your mom sounds cool

:mrgw:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Foone/status/995529229625249793

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

might seem like a good idea at first glance, but you'd need to tape down a function key to play some classic games

or even worse, sometimes you'd use the function key for the arrows, and other times you'd need the letter underneath it

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i don't think anyone thought it was a good idea

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

computers are for work, not games

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I guess it makes sense if your work never involves typing any numbers

I'm sure it looked really smart on an executives desk alongside the tiny PS/2 desktop computer

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

r u ready to WALK posted:

I guess it makes sense if your work never involves typing any numbers

I'm sure it looked really smart on an executives desk alongside the tiny PS/2 desktop computer

are you kidding? an exec wouldn’t have a measly PS/2 Model 15 or whatever, they’re the only one in an office that would have a PS/2 Model 80 or better, with an 8514A so Links for OS/2 renders in high res

the programmers would have the Model 15s with mono monitors because after all they do is type all day anyway right?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

computers are for work, not games

:frogout:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

with one officemate I had to switch to the best possible rubber dome keyboard—Sun Type 7, UNIX layout—for his sanity, the AEKII (Mitsumi) keyboards were just too much for him

the sun type 7 sucks donkey balls, just like the type 5 did

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

tazjin posted:

has anyone here "upgraded" from a Kinesis Advantage to an Advantage 2? Is it worth it in any way?

I have a bunch of advantages (it's the only sensible keyboard to use tbh) and am not sure if I'm missing out on anything important

there are two biggies

• the ancient sticky-shift bug, that goes all the way back to 1986, is finally fixed. for good.

• you can now save/restore the firmware configuration so that you don't lose all your macros and poo poo if the keyboard dies

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the sun type 7 sucks donkey balls, just like the type 5 did

they’re as good as you’re going to get for a rubber dome keyboard though

I take it you’re more a foam-and-foil Type 4 user then?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

they’re as good as you’re going to get for a rubber dome keyboard though

rubber dome keyboards are bad

eschaton posted:

I take it you’re more a foam-and-foil Type 4 user then?

the type 4 was also bad

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i'm told the type 3 was Actually Good unlike its successors, but i have never owned one so i cannot say with certainty

sun didn't make a lot of'em

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hi. i give up. this rmbp is causing my cubital tunnel to flare up

I CANNOT HAVE A LOUD rear end OFFENSIVE CLICKY THING

but i want a real keyboard

what do we think about the matias mini tactile pro (for a straight board) or the ergo pro (for a split)

kind of intrigued by the alps clones as i grew up on a //gs and then apple extended kb

this is for work, not fragging in playerunknown's overnite or whatever

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm a doctor of keyboardology and I am prescribing you 2 kinesis boards. One for work, one for home.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

seconded

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

hi. i give up. this rmbp is causing my cubital tunnel to flare up

I CANNOT HAVE A LOUD rear end OFFENSIVE CLICKY THING

but i want a real keyboard

what do we think about the matias mini tactile pro (for a straight board) or the ergo pro (for a split)

kind of intrigued by the alps clones as i grew up on a //gs and then apple extended kb

this is for work, not fragging in playerunknown's overnite or whatever
Matias Tactile Pro is the nicest keeb I've ever typed on

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Naar posted:

Matias Tactile Pro is the nicest keeb I've ever typed on

would it be acceptable in a pretty quiet open office with only 3-4 ppl in it, that has hvac noise 24/7, or is it bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if they cut off your hands to keep you from ever typing again, that also solves the problem right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
I use it in an open plan office, nobody's complained. I think it's less loud/annoying than MX Blues. Quiet Pro's switches feel pretty similar and are really quiet if you're worried about annoying people