Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hot take: the Titans and Bills will miss the playoffs this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans will win the super bowl with super quarterback Marcus Mariota leading the way

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

thats what you get for

- killing rg3
- loving around with kirk cousins
- being owned by dan snyder
- being called the loving redskins

I'm still mad he didn't go to Jacksonville to win a Super Bowl.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

thats what you get for

- killing rg3
- loving around with kirk cousins
- being owned by dan snyder
- being called the loving redskins

dont forget serving atlanta olympics commemorating beer and peanuts in 2016 or whatever it was

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

Hot take: the Titans and Bills will miss the playoffs this year

I'd give the Titans a puncher's chance in their division, but the Bills lol.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'd give the Titans a puncher's chance in their division, but the Bills lol.

Patriots
Steelers
Chiefs
Texans

Jaguars
Chargers

I'm from the future

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
case keenum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol just lol if you're not on the "AJ McCarron with no offensive line" train

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/former-players-say-seahawks-foil-injury-claims-filed-with-state/281-556914584

quote:

For several days in 2014 and 2015, a team of private investigators hired by the Seattle Seahawks tailed Wunsch. Their mission was to help the team prove Wunsh "was exaggerating or feigning his symptoms," according to documents filed with the Washington Department of Labor and Industries (L&I).

The Seahawks had rejected a workplace injury claim filed by Wunsch, arguing that the former lineman’s physical problems were not the result of the four years he spent in the trenches of the Seahawks offensive line and on the special teams "suicide squad" for the kick-off return team.

Wunsch said he was stunned when he learned that the Seahawks rejected his claim and hired private investigators who tracked him around his home in Florida, as well as during a trip Wunsch took to Washington State.

"The first day I got there, (Seahawks owner) Paul Allen walked up to me and told me, 'Welcome to the family.' And if this is how you treat your family, I don’t want to be a part of it," Wunsch said.

12s forever!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not exactly hot takes about this season:

Most of the good teams are in the NFC. But it's so disjointed, that most NFC teams will be a couple wins worse then their talent level indicates, while AFC teams will be mostly better. This isn't really true of the Eagles though who have easily the worst division in the NFC to play in. Some teams that are poised to take some forward steps will probably not look it in the standings due to the level of competition, like the Buccaneers or Bears.

The NFC South is going to be loving murderous, think that's hands down the best division.

I think we're going to see a continued slight decrease in the amount of passing, and offenses incorporating more rpo's to replace some of those passes, as teams have gotten really light at linebacker and safety, and try to exploit that more. More passes to running backs as well, same reason.

Kickoff rules will just result in more teams short kicking balls like the Pats do, leading to injury numbers staying almost exactly the same if not increasing on kickoffs, until they finally just get rid of the play next year.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I know Snyder is god awful but at least he isn't an open piece of poo poo racist like Bob McNair.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It's really pretty amazing how the Seahawks are going out of their way to look like the biggest assholes in sports this off-season

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

I know Snyder is god awful but at least he isn't an open piece of poo poo racist like Bob McNair.

His team is named the Redskins

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

lmaoooooooooooooooo

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
OKKKK

Let me backtrack on that one. I knew as soon as I hit post.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

:discourse:

perfecto

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lmao

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's really pretty amazing how the Seahawks are going out of their way to look like the biggest assholes in sports this off-season

I mean, as lovely as they are so far the Hawks haven't been implicated in a sex trafficking scandal with the Sea Gals.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

OKKKK

Let me backtrack on that one. I knew as soon as I hit post.

Refrain from doing the latter ever again

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Cool, cool, cool

https://twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/998640899545444352

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

So RWBS is quantifiable :thunk:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I just want the Pats to lose a handful of games on flukey plays and barely miss the playoffs. Unfortunately they play in the AFC. Put the Pats in the NFC, and they wouldn't get a loving cakewalk to the CG every year.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Spoeank posted:

So RWBS is quantifiable :thunk:

most sacks are the QB's fault

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

By the end of this season he'll have gotten so much practice at avoiding sacks he'll be unsackable. Floating through the air and passing directly through pursuing d linemen, his physical form will become corporeal with only his right arm remaining in this plane of existence

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Which will be just as corporeal as our OL :shepicide:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/999011340877430784

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TheChirurgeon posted:

most sacks are the QB's fault

*starts a traffic cone, a beaded curtain, the space formerly occupied by max unger, a trash can on a roomba, eddie lacy at RT and chip help with jimmy graham*

Russell these sacks are really on you bud.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Hrmmm...Atlanta was linked to him via trade rumors...

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Spoeank posted:

*starts a traffic cone, a beaded curtain, the space formerly occupied by max unger, a trash can on a roomba, eddie lacy at RT and chip help with jimmy graham*

Russell these sacks are really on you bud.

The point is more that Wilson is best-in-the-league at avoiding sacks, and most of the ones he ends up not taking are the line's fault. That Wilson avoids a sack on 62% of his pressures is pretty loving impressive

e: To further clarify, if Russell Wilson is only getting sacked on 15.9% of his dropbacks, what possible excuse could any other QB have?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

TheChirurgeon posted:

e: To further clarify, if Russell Wilson is only getting sacked on 15.9% of his dropbacks, what possible excuse could any other QB have?

They aren't 5'9" and able to change direction on a dime?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
It almost seems like Russell is better on the run than he is just sitting in the pocket. He sucks up defenders by scrambling and then hits the receivers left open

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well that loving sucks.

Congrats to whichever team lands him!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Coldforge posted:

They aren't 5'9" and able to change direction on a dime?

In an ideal world, a QB would get more scheme help than he does. But overall, you'd be surprised at how little QB sack rates change as offensive lines improve or decline, even in cases as extreme as Russell's, though the dude is just amazing at avoiding pressure and as Play pointed out, pulling defenders until he can find someone. Wilson's really impressive skill is turning those lost causes into the maddening completions (instead of INTs/throwaways) that constitute "RWBS"

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 22, 2018

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

It almost seems like Russell is better on the run than he is just sitting in the pocket. He sucks up defenders by scrambling and then hits the receivers left open
For sure he does this. It's infuriating.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Play posted:

His passing stats are actually usually better in the pocket, he's just really good at playground football too.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheChirurgeon posted:

The point is more that Wilson is best-in-the-league at avoiding sacks, and most of the ones he ends up not taking are the line's fault. That Wilson avoids a sack on 62% of his pressures is pretty loving impressive

Woah., now, I'm sure Bort would be better at avoiding sacks if he wasn't hungover

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Does he hit waivers?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Play posted:

Ah, the ol' Roethlisberger. Formerly the Elway, formerly the Tarkenton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Does he hit waivers?

No. He has 4+ years in the league. Free Agent.

• Locked thread