Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Are you guys sure it's not going to be an actual name Stardom talent? Because I know you got to build hype and stuff but saying you're "very excited" and have it be Xia or Chardonnay seems like you're setting people up to expect Io or Mayu (realistically Io is the only name most people will really know though) and then disappointing them.

ROH is in the habit of disappointing though I guess.

Apparently Io has no interest in working in Women of Honor. Dave reported it awhile back, but the word going around was that she felt like working for them would damage her chances of getting into WWE.

It also doesn't help that she would be working with people like Mandy and Kelly who almost paralyzed her. But yeah, its likely going to be Xia, considering she is a full roster member for STARDOM. Io inducted her on camera. That being said, I'm pretty sure Kairi called in a favor or something to get her in as a full roster member as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/four-women-representing-four-different-continents-compete-edinburgh-tag-match

Also, until like 2 hours ago, the headline for this article was spelled wrong.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH has had a string of really awful women's matches. With wrestlers I like, even. Its wild. Sometimes it feels like the booker didn't give them a match time until like 5 minutes to the bell. In Hana's ROH match, she looked terrified, like poo poo went south or something. Other times poo poo just looks sloppy. Missed holds, scootches during turnbuckle spots, stuff like that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
In case you missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WVy5E6WI0Q

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/997657532129857536

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

very good, very excite.

kinda bummed they’re not launching on an existing service but hey, i’ll finally be able to get current with SHIMMER!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

very good, very excite.

kinda bummed they’re not launching on an existing service but hey, i’ll finally be able to get current with SHIMMER!
Knowing Prazak it still might be another 4 years before they managed to make it to 2016

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Io Shirai vs Kagetsu just went up

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Konami was signed onto the STARDOM roster full time. Also the Io vs Momo match will be the main event of this Wednesday's show at Korakuen Hall. I am pretty confident there is a title change coming.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/998157921946025984

It's worth noting that Count 2.99 has Io scheduled for a Q&A next week on Friday as well. And she has nothing booked past mid June at this time. Including STARDOM stuff. I'm most likely looking into it too much (I am like 95% sure of that), but I wouldn't rule out Io's last match being on Wednesday, or the start of her farewell tour. She'll probably announce she signed with WWE or something during the upcoming Japan tour if that's the case.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 20, 2018

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm most likely looking into it too much (I am like 95% sure of that), but I wouldn't rule out Io's last match being on Wednesday, or the start of her farewell tour. She'll probably announce she signed with WWE or something during the upcoming Japan tour if that's the case.

If so, it’s gonna be a great show for me to actually be at! I missed Kairi’s farewell, and it will be awesome to see Io at least once in the proper environment.

Apparently Nao Yamaguchi is also missing Wednesday’s show under the advice of her doctor, which makes two who will not be on the original card. I haven’t seen word yet who will replace them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer dropped this about the match too
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/995940669645455360

I've no idea but I am aware of WWE making some other swift/quiet signings between now and July. Secrecy is the ethic of the day.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 20, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Jungle Assault Nation (J.A.N., pronounced as John), fka Team Jungle have their own t-shirts now. And the shirts are not good. At all. They make WWE t-shirts look great in comparison.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/998541231096397825

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I mean, have you seen this one my man?

https://twitter.com/TheShopDeals/status/997541171995074562

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

team jungle shirts kick rear end

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
tenille dashwood is an incredible wrestling name and it's so WWE to call someone with that name "Emma"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/sendaiglobal/status/998990034534653953?s=19

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Low Desert Punk posted:

tenille dashwood is an incredible wrestling name and it's so WWE to call someone with that name "Emma"

WWE had someone whose shoot name is BARBIE BLANK and named her "Kelly Kelly." Nobody ever accused them of being creative with women names.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I am at Korakuen Hall as I speak. I’ve seen one of the JAN shirts here, and it’s not so horrible in person. Looks like a home printed shirt from someone’s first day learning Illustrator, but I wouldn’t laugh at them for wearing it.

I got good seats too so there is a non-zero chance you might see me on the recording.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In things I never thought I would see in wrestling news:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/999247254790725632?s=19

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/999247740151390208?s=19

This confuses and scares me.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Momo Watanabe beat Io Shirai!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a new day. it's a new generation

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cavauro posted:

it's a new day. it's a new generation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Snq7ZQ-7E

Also let the Io to WWE rumors start popping up even more. I figure if she does sign, WWE won't announce it until the Japan tour.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

DarkstarIV posted:

This confuses and scares me.

By the way, the Drop Kick On My Devil collab was silly and awkward. There were some fun bits but for the most part, they were playing to a crowd of otaku and I don’t like anime so I kind of tuned out. Also it went on way too long. Mayu Iwatani slapping people around with a fake snake tail was cute though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Rovert, any idea on if what Bryan Alvarez reported was true? He said the Mae Young Classic 2 was penciled in for the second week of August as of right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey Rovert, any idea on if what Bryan Alvarez reported was true? He said the Mae Young Classic 2 was penciled in for the second week of August as of right now.

Late to this post but yeah.

Lots of people were contacted for it the last 24 hours. Pretty much everyone US and UK wise you'd expect.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Excited to see Tessa Blanchard again

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Late to this post but yeah.

Lots of people were contacted for it the last 24 hours. Pretty much everyone US and UK wise you'd expect.

Assuming the World of Sport stuff excludes KLR and Viper as it has for the UK show or?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Midnightghoul posted:

The Low-Ki of women's wrestling

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

She's telling people she's in/been in contact but even her friends don't believe her. She boasts about her career and is close to being signed a lot.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Assuming the World of Sport stuff excludes KLR and Viper as it has for the UK show or?

Not that I heard. Jinny and Toni Storm are far more likely.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Viper when????

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think rovert means he hasn't heard of Kay Lee or Viper being called for this year's tourney.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I'm not going to fly down to Florida for it this year, but I can't wait for Nicole Matthews to somehow be a 14th alternate again despite the fact that they don't have any Canadians in the tournament.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TheHock posted:

I'm not going to fly down to Florida for it this year, but I can't wait for Nicole Matthews to somehow be a 14th alternate again despite the fact that they don't have any Canadians in the tournament.

Chelsea Green and Allie are both Canadian...

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder if Karen Q will be getting a look for the MYC.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder if Karen Q will be getting a look for the MYC.

While I wouldn't rule it out, I think its more likely they use Xia Li again this year if they have anyone represent China. I think the only country that is questionable is Japan. If Io doesn't get cleared, I imagine Mayu Iwatani will probably be picked up. I remember reading that WWE sent a talent scout to Supercard of Honor during Wrestlemania weekend just to see Mayu wrestle live. However, she doesn't have the WWE look which is why I'm skeptical.

But I would expect names like Nixon Newell, Rhea Ripley, Toni Storm, etc to be in it. The only question is how far they will go. Toni will almost certainly go to the finals at the very least considering she signed a WWE UK deal. Although I can see her losing to someone who has signed a full time deal.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 25, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The elimination tag was wild affair but really turned up the HATE in the finals between Tam and Jungle. Really played up the friction between Jungle's crew and the rest of the STARS. Great stuff.

E: Ruaka hit a growth spurt. She can throw cars now.

coconono fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 26, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

While I wouldn't rule it out, I think its more likely they use Xia Li again this year if they have anyone represent China. I think the only country that is questionable is Japan. If Io doesn't get cleared, I imagine Mayu Iwatani will probably be picked up. I remember reading that WWE sent a talent scout to Supercard of Honor during Wrestlemania weekend just to see Mayu wrestle live. However, she doesn't have the WWE look which is why I'm skeptical.

I think if looks are an issue, then they should probably go for Hana Kimura as long as they don't expect her to be outstanding right out of the gate.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

coconono posted:

The elimination tag was wild affair but really turned up the HATE in the finals between Tam and Jungle. Really played up the friction between Jungle's crew and the rest of the STARS. Great stuff.

E: Ruaka hit a growth spurt. She can throw cars now.

I was watching that match and felt Kyona was just owning that ring. Maybe it's her working heel, but she seemed like she had a lot of fire. She's really come into her own in the past few months, and I'm really glad they're giving her a push.

I'm hoping that JAN ends up a bit more heelish, because Kyona needs that edge to be not just a happy babyface.

Right now, I buy her against pretty much anyone that's not Kagetsu or Io.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Go RV! posted:

I was watching that match and felt Kyona was just owning that ring. Maybe it's her working heel, but she seemed like she had a lot of fire. She's really come into her own in the past few months, and I'm really glad they're giving her a push.

I'm hoping that JAN ends up a bit more heelish, because Kyona needs that edge to be not just a happy babyface.

Right now, I buy her against pretty much anyone that's not Kagetsu or Io.

I thought part of it was were they pissed at Tam and Mayu. I figured Tam because they were mad about her not joining Jungle and Mayu for always beating them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

I think if looks are an issue, then they should probably go for Hana Kimura as long as they don't expect her to be outstanding right out of the gate.

Hana is contracted to Wrestle-1 until next year, and she's only 20 right now. WWE doesn't like to sign anyone under 21 these days since they've been burned pretty hard in the past when they have. (Tyler Bate, Paige)