Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I stand with Twats McGee O7

Edit: new loving page. Taxxe islow effort
https://youtu.be/A7wuDoqPq2E

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SoftNum posted:

If you walk without rhythm, citizen; you won't attract the worm...

TOO LATE AAHH!

e: link

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 23, 2018

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jonny Nox posted:

I stand with Twats McGee O7

o//

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I might be going to hell

You're the king of this thread my dude

e: or you would be if you'd make funny youtube videos for us again

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

He's a hero of mine, it's the way he distills idiocy with such purity and crystal clear clarity. He leaves absolutely no doubt in any readers mind that he is an absolute loving moron and for that he should be applauded.
If Chris was as focused on making a game as Minus IQ is on being a void of intellect we'd be on our second expansion pack now 'Revenge Of The Vandulls Featuring Pete Postlethwaite as Renegade Space Cop 'Twats McGee'

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

peter gabriel posted:

He's a hero of mine, it's the way he distills idiocy with such purity and crystal clear clarity. He leaves absolutely no doubt in any readers mind that he is an absolute loving moron and for that he should be applauded.
If Chris was as focused on making a game as Minus IQ is on being a void of intellect we'd be on our second expansion pack now 'Revenge Of The Vandulls Featuring Pete Postlethwaite as Renegade Space Cop 'Twats McGee'

Personally, I'm a fan of Joe Blobers.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Never meet your hero.

Never put bleu cheese on your taco.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

XK posted:

Personally, I'm a fan of Joe Blobers.

I am pretty much convinced a lot of these accounts are one dude, that way it makes me feel better about humanity.

Beet Wagon posted:

You're the king of this thread my dude

e: or you would be if you'd make funny youtube videos for us again

OK, next week, I will, I'll put it out there so I am sort of forced to :v:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Disappointed my man Stuart didn't respond with "About as well as it's going in Star Citizen" lol. Although it does seem like after the Hercules Warbond thing the people who get defensive about the project have a way more sensitive trigger. I guess all the increased [CONERN] on the forums/subreddit is really getting to them. Even "totally neutral" ShapCap is going in hard on doubters these days.

peter gabriel posted:

Thread is (preemptively) good again

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I am pretty much convinced a lot of these accounts are one dude, that way it makes me feel better about humanity.

Please enter it into the tutorial contest. That thing was pretty much made for you.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Agony Aunt posted:

I read that 1503 people went down on The Titanic.... more or less at the same time! :hfive:

*takes a drag from a cigarette*

Don't be jealous baby. But just let me assure you they all went down screaming in bliss. :sureboat:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hot Star Marine action, where individual limbs and damage states of said limbs are accurately modeled. Which of course affects how you as a medic in your squad are able to handle the triage in the ultimate AAA+++ realistic FPS shooter.

I'm assuming this is in the game by now.

Press A repeatedly to hold your breath during your fidelity colonoscopy.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Natron posted:

Please enter it into the tutorial contest. That thing was pretty much made for you.

Ohhhh that's a great motivator actually, thanks :)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

Press A repeatedly to hold your breath during your fidelity colonoscopy.

Joke is on you, I don't need one.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Or you can just stroll in after a long holiday and wipe out all the trouble tickets.

There is a requirement to that one though.

You first had to have made yourself looks like a complete loving idiot in your own help system where it will be stored forever for everybody to attribute to your stupidity.

So long as this requirement, known as the "Beer4TheBeerGod Emergency Cleanup" measurement is met, you can absolutely wipe your entire help desk system of all email in the name of *cough* annual cleaning of tickets.

Which has never happened before that time or after that time, despite being heralded as an annual event.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Ohhhh that's a great motivator actually, thanks :)

:bisonyes:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

These people are going to spend the rest of their lives mad at Derek, aren't they

It will be the true test of character if they continue to do it after Star Citizen hangs up its hat for good.

Will Derek being right cow them into submission to stop the jihad against him?

Or will it solidify their assurances that if they can just beat him enough times, Chris Roberts will start a new kickstarter "for real this time guys!"?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Here's to hoping CR starts a new kickstarter!

I hope he begins with some version of "I have learned much from Star Citizen's failure, and these lessons will be carried into this new project."

And then in the second paragraph there are stretch goals for Hollywood actors. Except this time it won't be for motion capture but for just FMV cutscenes. This will be his honest showing of how he's learned from the errors of his ways.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

XK posted:

Long time, no see. How's the video production/streaming going?

Yep yep, Just been playing games and dealing with real life. Honestly nothing has really grabbed me enough to really be that into making videos, and for streaming, eh, the people who follow my channel want me to play Elite or Star Citizen and I just haven't been in the mood for Elite and SC......I don't feel like streaming Powerpoint Slideshows. I did jump on SC last night to grab some freshness capture stuff for when I finally do a "So it's all great now huh?" video and recap on some of the stuff that's been going on since I cut out last.

I tried to just completely block Star Citizen out but every time something really big happened with CIG/Sales/Etc someone would message me and be like "OMG Failure, this crazy poo poo happened, lololol", so I guess Star Citizen is like herpes, you want it to go away but it never truly does.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

I might be going to hell

Oh wow.

Oooohhhg wow.

I did not want to laugh but I did. I apologize! :3:

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Dammit, man! I was taking a drink when I saw that and now I've got beer all up in my nose.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

FailureToReport posted:

I tried to just completely block Star Citizen out but every time something really big happened with CIG/Sales/Etc someone would message me and be like "OMG Failure, this crazy poo poo happened, lololol", so I guess Star Citizen is like herpes, you want it to go away but it never truly does.

Instead of ointment just rub $100 bills on the sores.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Not gonna lie I want that trading card

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

The Titanic posted:

*takes a drag from a cigarette*

Don't be jealous baby. But just let me assure you they all went down screaming in bliss. :sureboat:

Oooooohhh, tell me more foxy momma.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

G0RF posted:

Interesting tidbit on RTV today that I’m not sure was mentioned in thread.

Lando mentions that over half of the questions submitted for the day’s RTV via Spectrum were related to ship purchasing with aUEC... What comes next will shock you*!

* ... if you actually thought CIG had any interest in answering such questions... Instead, Lando explains that those questions have been eliminated from consideration for the show because it isn’t the time or place for that discussion. You see, interface designers can’t even address that topic, so naturally it shouldn’t be discussed on RTV**.

** You know who IS authorized to talk about it, though? Erin Roberts. And he was asked that very question by DJ Knight at Gamescom last year. The good news? Ship purchasing is coming in Alpha 3.0! But wait... Lando was there too, and even as Erin starts backing away from what he’s just said, Lando steps in to reiterate that no, you actually won’t be able to buy ships with aUEC in 3.0. The good news, he says, is that you can expect to learn a lot more about it in when Alpha 3.1 arrives***

*** But wait. Alpha 3.1 is here. And more and more people are asking when it’s coming. In fact, on today’s RTV Lando mentions that over half of the questions submitted for the day’s RTV via Spectrum were related to ship purchasing with aUEC... What comes next will shock you*!

So you're telling me there's a chance... in 3.2? :hawaaaafap:

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Mirificus posted:

old nerds new reddit

Someone please tell me what’s up with the “kill on sight list”. There has to be a hilarious story there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Someone please tell me what’s up with the “kill on sight list”. There has to be a hilarious story there.

After 6 years the nerd sweat has evaporated leaving only a think blanket of salt over them all

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

quote:

He's still a lying hack and you'll still defend this dull joke, roleplaying a quadriplegic pilot, so yes.

I think people who make false claims about their product with ZERO PROGRESS or intention to ever deliver should go to jail.

I haven't seen a man project so much since I met with a rep from Viewsonic.

Thanks I'll be here all night tip your waitress

e:

quote:

was a member of one of Project Realitys most famous/infamous clans. If you ask him nicely, he might tell you which one.

Goddamn This is so transparently "I want you to believe I was in <prestigious clan A> but I was actually in <copycat clan Z>

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 23, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

3.2 is like a month away right and we've yet to see any concrete mining experiences right? Or did I completely miss it?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus posted:

Agent_Mothman posted:

As the third moderator introduction, we have /u/Agent_Mothman: Agent_Mothman, StarCitizenUniverse's resident curmudgeon and smartass started gaming in 1977 at the age of 5 when he got his first console, an Atari 2600. This continued with various consoles right up until he graduated high school.

Hanging out in computer parlors through the 90's, Mothman played the hell out of various strategy and tactical games such as the Civ series, Jagged Alliance, (Jagged Alliance 2 is still his favorite game of all time), C&C, as well as shooters like Doom, and quake.

Mothman thought he was in heaven when Battlefield 2 was released, only to find is true love, a mod for BF2 called Project Reality. Mothman, by another name, was a member of one of Project Realitys most famous/infamous clans. If you ask him nicely, he might tell you which one. He could be found either leading a squad, or acting as the squads medic. The teamwork, comms discipline and tactics kept him playing PR for a decade, until the clan grew old, and apart. These days Mothman can be found playing Battletech, The Pillars of Eternity series, Mass Effect series, Star Citizen and his old favorite JA2 among others.

His favorite thing to do in Star Citizen is just fly around and look at the sights. Every time he logs in, he aims to just go to any site he hasn't seen before. Exploration, Mining, Reclaiming, and Repair are his most anticipated mechanics. He goes by another name in the verse, the same as his old BF2 days, so ask nicely, and you just might see him wandering around. Safe travels, but keep a shotgun handy.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

quote:

Hanging out in computer parlors through the 90's

Sounds like the dude got his gaming chops on Babbage's Difference Engine or something.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
"I think we'll take our opium in the Gaming Parlor tonight, as is the fashion'

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

Sounds like the dude got his gaming chops on Babbage's Difference Engine or something.

Not to mention "hung out in gaming parlors" <lists a fuckload of (largely) single player games>.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Ah, the implied :toxx: good.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Ah, the implied :toxx: good.

Noooooo, but I promise to try and do it, it's been ages

SoftNum posted:

Not to mention "hung out in gaming parlors" <lists a fuckload of (largely) single player games>.

Back then they didn't have networks, they had a series of pulleys going from mill to mill

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

peter gabriel posted:

"I think we'll take our opium in the Gaming Parlor tonight, as is the fashion'

Portrait Of The Gamer As A Young Man.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Noooooo, but I promise to try and do it, it's been ages

Back then they didn't have networks, they had a series of pulleys going from mill to mill

Too late mister! By the rules of proper maners, published in popular magazine Reader's Digest, you should not text at the table and you should honor your toxxes.

And, remember:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

peter gabriel posted:

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004