Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Darchangel posted:

You should probably use a camera all the time. Maybe not a GoPro, but a cheap run/action cam used as a dashcam for when some idiot inevitably plows into you. I hate that this seems like a good idea, but increasingly folks seem uninterested in driving like a sane person.
The answer, as always, is a fly 12. It is even australian, though it hasn't said anything racist to me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just cross out "not" and initial beside it the change.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

KakerMix posted:

Longest I've ever done was 14 hours in a single drive (with a couple stops of course) in a single day, in my 2013 Golf R, freshly broken in, and a bottomless pit of synthwave music. Drove up from Florida to Michigan and actually had a good time though I don't ever want to do it again.

23 hours straight. Nothing but coffee and egg-salad sandwiches. That car would've given 14" a run for the stink-money by the end.

We do a 19 hour drive every year - well, 19 out west, than 19 back. Usually break it down into a 7-8 hour day, and a 10-11 hour day. It loving sucks, but with the wife, satellite radio and a book of quizzes/puzzles, we make do.
Man it loving sucks though. I used to love driving.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'd just like to say, swamp coolers are the worst loving thing and I hate them. Bunch loving rusty rear end poo poo all crusted over with calcium and poo poo.

gently caress swamp coolers.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
I think this is the right place to post this:

For PDX/SW Washington Ai'ers. Loanarn and I are gonna drive our dirty Nissans around Skyline Rd. tomorrow (May 23rd) evening. Any Ai'r is welcome to join, we are meeting at this location https://goo.gl/maps/V7LsCDVo9uz at 6:30 PM. Won't be too terribly long maybe an hour or hour and a half.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I started watching season four of Arrested Development again with the new season dropping shortly to refresh it. It was recut/edited for a more cohesive storyline instead of the experimental one they did they first go around. It seems...funnier than the last time I watched it and I have high hopes for season five.

Arrested Development may just be the greatest sitcom of all time.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I see no fault in this. Every one of the characters is amazing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I only made it like 2 episodes into s4 a few years ago. I want to believe the recut is better.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I started watching season four of Arrested Development again with the new season dropping shortly to refresh it. It was recut/edited for a more cohesive storyline instead of the experimental one they did they first go around. It seems...funnier than the last time I watched it and I have high hopes for season five.

It's not even the greatest of its era :colbert:

Also, since I'm already down a rabbit hole...you guys think just trying to get an early 00s Chevy 1500 to tow a 20' car trailer woth a civic on it basically once a week is asking too much out of one?

I def don't want to daily a truck, so newer is out, but I also don't know how I feel about that much weight so often.

Edit: it'd be like 100 mile roundtrips.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Michael Cera needs to be hit in the face with a brick.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, since I'm already down a rabbit hole...you guys think just trying to get an early 00s Chevy 1500 to tow a 20' car trailer woth a civic on it basically once a week is asking too much out of one?

I def don't want to daily a truck, so newer is out, but I also don't know how I feel about that much weight so often.

A trailer with a civic yes a 20 foot trailer jeez is that the only option? But I don’t see why not

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Went to see Deadpool 2. Is good.

iwentdoodie posted:

A Civic on a car trailer shouldn't strain anything. What's the tow limit on one of those? Two, three tons?

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 22, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

A trailer with a civic yes a 20 foot trailer jeez is that the only option? But I don’t see why not

Only option? No. But toolboxes, tires and spares take up a lot of room.

Plus futureproofing for when I get dumb and want a modified.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

It will handle it fine, just make sure trans services have heen done and put a big aux trans cooler on it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

He did incredible work on the last season of Twin Peaks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He did incredible work on the last season of Twin Peaks.

Haven't seen it. Not that I willingly watch anything he appears in.

Unless it's the Brick-In-The-Face awards.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Indiana is very violent

In other news, let's say hypothetically you drive a Honda or Toyota

You're on the freeway and it begins to downpour

Do you:

A) Turn on your headlights
B) Turn on your hazard lights
C) Move to the left-most lane
D) Slow down to 30 mph below traffic
E) Options B, C, and D

If you answered A you obviously aren't driving a Honda or Toyota

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Michael Cera must be pretty awful if he doesn't work into Rhyno's usual upstanding circle of acquaintances!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Eyes full of love for Rhyno.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My wife a week ago: "you're getting sick"

"No it's just new plants around us."

Two days ago: "I'm telling you, you're getting sick."

"Nah, I'm just overdoing it with the house and poo poo."

Today: "man, my throat hurts. loving attic last night."

"Orrrrr you're getting sick."

"No way, it was the insulation and poo poo."

So basically I'm for sure now sick but cannot ever admit it.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

More or less doodie involved

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Goober Peas posted:

More or less doodie involved

Same as usual tbh

Just my throat hurts and I can't stop sneezing. Plus my sinus cavities feel as if they're being filled by Hoover dam with a plug in it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hey Y0 FO3 - were you still looking to GTFO out of Perth? You dont have PM's

Anyone sees him about can you get him to say hi?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

So basically I'm for sure now sick but cannot ever admit it.

If you keep denying it it will just go away sometimes, thats the power of the mind :tinfoil:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
If you admit it now she wins keep denying

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Tonight I went to my local small metal/indie gig venue where they were doing a 'gig360' night. Instead of putting the bands on the stage you close the stage curtains and have them instead play in the middle of the room.
That was so much more fun than a normal gig. Usually a Tuesday night gig would be pretty quiet. Definitely isn't when you set it up like that :) Got to try and organise a 360 camera for the next one :)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tomarse posted:

Tonight I went to my local small metal/indie gig venue where they were doing a 'gig360' night. Instead of putting the bands on the stage you close the stage curtains and have them instead play in the middle of the room.
That was so much more fun than a normal gig. Usually a Tuesday night gig would be pretty quiet. Definitely isn't when you set it up like that :) Got to try and organise a 360 camera for the next one :)

There was a club in Indy that had central stage and it was pretty tits.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat you Rhyno, the eBay coupon is invite only for the eBay motors. :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

drat you Rhyno, the eBay coupon is invite only for the eBay motors. :argh:

Ah poo poo, it was on the Ebay front page and it's a longterm one so I figured it was open. Hang tight, there should be a standard 15% off $25+ for Memorial Day weekend. Might not work for Canada though.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Tomarse posted:

Ha, my friend's band did a thing where for a few songs they'd unload the drummer's kit from the stage to the middle of the crowd. It gets pretty loving hectic :black101:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

If you admit it now she wins keep denying

Exactly. I will be coughing up blood and still saying I'm not sick.

Also, The Locust and Lightning Bolt ruined floor shows for me. After I got tackled into a drummer who then used my stomach for his snare, nothing else can even come close.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
car SUCKS! i HATE car.

The Crown wagon we have has a blown headgasket and I am totally unwilling to do anything about it besides sell it off as a loss and try to forget about 'royal' and 'saloon'.

Pictured: Co-pilot and a not broken Toyota

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Elmnt80 posted:

It will handle it fine, just make sure trans services have heen done and put a big aux trans cooler on it.

I have an aux trans cooler for a 99-06 that I never installed with an install kit to boot. PM if you want some goondeals.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

STR posted:

Who the gently caress did you piss on in a previous life? :stare:

I don’t know, but its going to cost me. The shop called back and said $1k for an exact replacement, $1500 for a vanguard 810cc engine, or $2100 for a 730cc kawasaki. I chose the $1500 option, but the more I dwell on it I think I should just do the kawi. The pressure washer is getting the 420cc predator whenever I get around to harbor freight. I should probably fix my backup mower, sort the wiring harness in my tractor, change the oil in my bike, clean the garage, reshingle it, paint the roof of my house, replace some doors on the barn, clear 3 acres of 6” cherry/bradford pear saplings, build fence and mow, but these 12hr days are wearing on me. And my wife has a scheduled c section next Monday, so the next 18 years are booked up.

Condolences on your friend and you might just want to call safelite or someone about your windshield. I haven’t had much luck trying to reseal them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

car SUCKS! i HATE car.

The Crown wagon we have has a blown headgasket and I am totally unwilling to do anything about it besides sell it off as a loss and try to forget about 'royal' and 'saloon'.

I got :10bux:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

I have a 2000 1500 4.8/nv3500/4x4 and it loves pulling cars around. Even my 4500lb SC400 on a 2200lb trailer felt pretty good. YMMV, especially with an automatic (get a manual one they're so loving gooooooooddd)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

rdb posted:

I don’t know, but its going to cost me. The shop called back and said $1k for an exact replacement, $1500 for a vanguard 810cc engine, or $2100 for a 730cc kawasaki. I chose the $1500 option, but the more I dwell on it I think I should just do the kawi. The pressure washer is getting the 420cc predator whenever I get around to harbor freight. I should probably fix my backup mower, sort the wiring harness in my tractor, change the oil in my bike, clean the garage, reshingle it, paint the roof of my house, replace some doors on the barn, clear 3 acres of 6” cherry/bradford pear saplings, build fence and mow, but these 12hr days are wearing on me. And my wife has a scheduled c section next Monday, so the next 18 years are booked up.

No Kohler that fits? If you can swing it, the Kawasaki is a far better option than the B&S, but you already know that.

Unfortunately I well know the overwhelming poo poo you're feeling ATM. The only advice I can give is, get your stuff straight so you can do the necessary chores, and forget the projects until things calm down or you have spare time (lmao).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

angryrobots posted:

No Kohler that fits? If you can swing it, the Kawasaki is a far better option than the B&S, but you already know that.

Unfortunately I well know the overwhelming poo poo you're feeling ATM. The only advice I can give is, get your stuff straight so you can do the necessary chores, and forget the projects until things calm down or you have spare time (lmao).

I think the kohler option was a 7000 series.

I’m kinda mixed about the Briggs Vanguard 810. Its got a great air filter, can reuse the existing muffler, cables and harness. I can’t find negativity about it online. Its internals are forged. But at the end of the day its a dressed up blow and scatter intek just like the “commercial turf” that it came with.

• Locked thread