Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:orb::orb::orb:

yeah whateva :justpost: its the chat thread for may

:orb::orb::orb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qWhYlhfWCI

mac SUCKS i HATE MAC

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ice-T, in the most typical of metro-Phoenix tract house back yards.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Lowest effort first post ever.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fuckin FAAAAAIL that this thread isn't called MAY the Chat Thread be with you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NumbersMatching320 posted:

Fuckin FAAAAAIL that this thread isn't called MAY the Chat Thread be with you

LoL, Star Wars sucks.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Why is the title Yoda'fied?

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I'm booking tickets for Le Mans tomorrow. :toot:

I've done the N24 a couple of times but have never been to Le Mans for the 24, just for the test with work a couple of years ago. Very excited right now!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That sounds pretty awesome. Hope you end up parked somewhere around the course with good action, and plan to document some of it for AI here.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Really having to try hard right now to not say gently caress it and just go fishing for a couple hours to avoid dealing with anyone.

In laws have been cunts forever, but now they're being somewhat nicer while somehow being even more cunty. God drat I wish my wife would just tell them how she actually feels vs trying her hardest not to offend, because this poo poo is loving ridiculous.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
There, I fixed it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

We now own a terrible puppy

He did amazing on the ~14 hour car ride from WI to TN. But downside of him sleeping most of the day was crying all night...my sleep tracker says I got 1.5 hours of sleep. We have a new setup for him that he seems to like so we're hoping for an improvement tonight. He filled out a LOT in the last week, looking like he'll be in the 100lb club.

We picked up a Nissan Sentra rental for the drive instead of putting miles on our stuff. Not a terrible little car overall. Averaged 36mpg, XM radio was really nice and it didn't gently caress up our backs like my VW would have over that many miles.

Cage posted:

I just bought a house my dudes. :eyepop: :captainpop: :chanpop: :psypop: :trumppop: :bernpop: :popeye: :randpop: :shittypop:
Congrats! First house is a big thing worth celebrating IMO.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
PUPPY!

iwentdoodie posted:

Really having to try hard right now to not say gently caress it and just go fishing for a couple hours to avoid dealing with anyone.

In laws have been cunts forever, but now they're being somewhat nicer while somehow being even more cunty. God drat I wish my wife would just tell them how she actually feels vs trying her hardest not to offend, because this poo poo is loving ridiculous.
Talk to your wife and ask her how she wants to play it. Are they both bad, or is it a case of one being the prime issue and the other just letting them get on with it?

Fermented Tinal posted:

There, I fixed it.

Reminds me of when my dad used some mesh to patch over the whole squirrels had chewed through the roof flashing. Just got it all neatly buttoned up only to see one of the little bastards staring back out at him from inside the loft.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Reminds me of when my dad used some mesh to patch over the whole squirrels had chewed through the roof flashing. Just got it all neatly buttoned up only to see one of the little bastards staring back out at him from inside the loft.
That's when it becomes time to set up a dry fog bug bomb in the attic. Never hurts and should be done once every other year or so anyway.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That's when it becomes time to set up a dry fog bug bomb in the attic. Never hurts and should be done once every other year or so anyway.
Catcher cage then bump it off.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Fermented Tinal posted:

There, I fixed it.

Nice. It will take the sparrows that fit through there much longer to fill the duct with grass.

NitroSpazzz posted:

He did amazing on the ~14 hour car ride from WI to TN. But downside of him sleeping most of the day was crying all night...my sleep tracker says I got 1.5 hours of sleep. We have a new setup for him that he seems to like so we're hoping for an improvement tonight. He filled out a LOT in the last week, looking like he'll be in the 100lb club.

We picked up a Nissan Sentra rental for the drive instead of putting miles on our stuff. Not a terrible little car overall. Averaged 36mpg, XM radio was really nice and it didn't gently caress up our backs like my VW would have over that many miles.

Check out the "teaching dogs to greet politely" part of this. https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/4_4/features/Tethering-Your-Dog-for-Training_5164-1.html

If you're going to have an adorable 100lb+ dog, you shouldn't let it jump on folks. Dog will still be super happy to see everyone, it just won't jump on them and then people will compliment you on what a good dog you have.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Happy May Day Comrades. Time to stand up and salute the anthem of the nation who in the long run has won the Cold War:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I told my parents to gently caress off and it was liberating, would recommend.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

NitroSpazzz posted:

That's one beefy looking little puppo. A++ would pet

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

builds character posted:

Check out the "teaching dogs to greet politely" part of this. https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/4_4/features/Tethering-Your-Dog-for-Training_5164-1.html

If you're going to have an adorable 100lb+ dog, you shouldn't let it jump on folks. Dog will still be super happy to see everyone, it just won't jump on them and then people will compliment you on what a good dog you have.

Neither of us can stand dogs that jump so that'll be one of the big things we train. He starts puppy kindergarten in two weeks followed by elementary and lots of training from us. Hoping to have a very well mannered monster dog

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 1, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seminal Flu posted:

Lowest effort first post ever.

lol at this guy reading the op

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

PUPPY!

Talk to your wife and ask her how she wants to play it. Are they both bad, or is it a case of one being the prime issue and the other just letting them get on with it?

Both of them.

Tldr, they were horrifically abusive physically and mentally (she has PTSD from it and a few other more serious issues, her sister is 27 and still lives at home and isn't even close to a functioning person much less adult due to it), then found religion. So now they're still both mentally abusive, and her dad is pretty loving unhinged, but they can pray everything away so nothing matters unless it comes from church.

Basically they're extraordinarily weak people who think they're holier than thou, but my wife still has that poo poo so deep about disappointing them or her grandmother that she'll never say or do anything against them.

The day I never have to set foot in their house again will be wonderful. Or the day I punch her dad in his loving mouth, if for no other reason than his past treatment of my wife and his utter lack of loving guilt or admittance of it.

But they found god so it's all loving good, no need to own up to anything in life or even act like a half decent person.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was really close to assaulting my wife's dad several times. Don't do it, no matter what it will damage your relationship with your wife, just mentioning it greatly upset mine.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

But they found god so it's all loving good, no need to own up to anything in life or even act like a half decent person.

"The gospel of forgiveness" getting used to explain away horrific crimes is one of those times where I think "if I murder you, then *I'll* be forgiven..."

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

I was really close to assaulting my wife's dad several times. Don't do it, no matter what it will damage your relationship with your wife, just mentioning it greatly upset mine.

Dude like seriously your personal life holy poo poo

*wipes out the day number on the "Number of days since Rhyno drama" and resets it to zero*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You Am I posted:

Dude like seriously your personal life holy poo poo

*wipes out the day number on the "Number of days since Rhyno drama" and resets it to zero*

This was 4 years ago it doesn't count!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BraveUlysses posted:

lol at this guy reading the op

touche

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

Eh, she knows how I feel.

They all couch feelings and emotion and avoid anything that will rock the boat, versus getting anything out in the open and dealing with it honestly.

My wife took YEARS to get out of the habit. But her family just...runs with it, and always pretends like nothong is ever wrong or has ever been wrong. I actually had a super long talk with her grandmother about it about a month ago, and was dead honest with her. She echoed my feelings about so much, then goes "but, that's how it is..."

No! That's how it is because you loving LET it be that way.

I will never understand when people make themselves absolutely loving miserable or ignore and forgive heinous poo poo, just because someone else is okay with it or puts up with it. Blood isn't a guarantee of a bond, it's a coincidence.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

lol stealing this

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

In opposition to the thread title, my Focus ST rules and I still love my Focus ST.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, it's been popping up on FB for years, I just saw an opportunity.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

:lol: oh my god

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She wouldn't be crying.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Eh, she knows how I feel.

They all couch feelings and emotion and avoid anything that will rock the boat, versus getting anything out in the open and dealing with it honestly.

My wife took YEARS to get out of the habit. But her family just...runs with it, and always pretends like nothong is ever wrong or has ever been wrong. I actually had a super long talk with her grandmother about it about a month ago, and was dead honest with her. She echoed my feelings about so much, then goes "but, that's how it is..."

No! That's how it is because you loving LET it be that way.

I will never understand when people make themselves absolutely loving miserable or ignore and forgive heinous poo poo, just because someone else is okay with it or puts up with it. Blood isn't a guarantee of a bond, it's a coincidence.

If your wife hasn't been to a therapist on a regular basis she should be. It took over a year of therapy for me to realize I didn't really have a relationship with my parents and didn't need them in my life. I feel for her because I was brought up the same way, but everything is cool now because she's an adult and should forget about those things right? You're right, family does not equal obligation, she just has to come to that realization on her own.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

She wouldn't be crying.

Hey, near misses make people emotional.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Spent the weekend at GF's (was supposed to just be an overnight trip, but you know how that goes).

Discovered her cats can be serious dicks when she's not around (she goes to work at 4:30am, I don't wake up until ~10-11am). Also, they're in the bedroom when she's not home, due to them liking to chew on poo poo.

One cat decided to sing the song of her people while balancing herself on the top of the toilet (thus, slamming the porcelain lid back and forth) in the attached bathroom. The other kept jumping on my shoulders when I'd get up to see why his sister was yodeling. :sigh: I'm used to him doing that now and then, but he normally gets the idea of "hey, get the gently caress off of me" when you pick him up from your shoulders and put him back down. Nah, he jumped back up 3 times. :fuckoff:

Yodelcat seems to have serious separation anxiety. Her brother is just a dick.

Not sure why these cats are so ill-mannered - her other cats have always been well behaved. She's had this pair since they were ~3 months old.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 1, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCu-bYWVVMY

happy month, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ive infinity war memed a friend to the point theyve threatened to block and cease all forms of contact across all social media platforms

• Locked thread