Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:laffo: Nick Foles would rather be the backup in Philly than start in Cleveland.

quote:

Before rejecting the deal, two sources said, the Eagles ran the scenario by Foles, who said he preferred to remain in Philadelphia.

https://deadspin.com/report-nick-foles-turned-down-browns-starting-qb-job-t-1826244288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

axeil posted:

:laffo: Nick Foles would rather be the backup in Philly than start in Cleveland.

https://deadspin.com/report-nick-foles-turned-down-browns-starting-qb-job-t-1826244288

I mean who wouldn't?

Super bowl champ vs. an idiot owner and an idiot head coach.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Foles didn't want to see his name on The Jersey.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

A.o.D. posted:

Foles didn't want to see his name on The Hydra

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why would you be a starter when you just earned the easiest job for life in being a backup qb

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pasaluki posted:

I mean who wouldn't?

Super bowl champ vs. an idiot owner and an idiot head coach.

Yeah, can't blame him on that one. Also, getting paid to hold the clipboard (assuming Wentz comes back week 1).

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

You were there when Kelvin died.

i was sad for you, spaniard

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

There’s nothing Foles can ever do in his career to top that SB run. May as well bask in it for a season.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hue, Dorsey and Todd Haley are a really volatile and unique set of personalities,...looking forward to Hard Knocks

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

pmchem posted:

There’s nothing Foles can ever do in his career to top that SB run. May as well bask in it for a season.

Foles could do whatever in business in Philly and make more money than as a franchised Browns starter, which he wouldn't be anyway because they haven't had a consistent starter in god knows how long

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Foles could charge people 100$ to lick his boots clean and make money.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Foles could charge people 100$ to lick his boots clean and make money.

especially if he steps in horse poo poo first

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

axeil posted:

Worth noting the reporter is Mike Silver the guy Hue leaks literally everything to. Hue is firing the first shot in his war with another GM. The man wants front office powers to go with being head coach again.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Worth noting the reporter is Mike Silver the guy Hue leaks literally everything to. Hue is firing the first shot in his war with another GM. The man wants front office powers to go with being head coach again.

Yeah, Silver is a piece of poo poo and noted Hue jock rider.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonna be cool seeing Hue manage to ascend to ownership of a team off the backs of getting basically no wins with them

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

quote:

NFL owners on Tuesday mulled the possibility of assessing an in-game penalty against teams whose players kneel in protest during the national anthem.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/388870-nfl-weighs-15-yard-penalties-for-kneeling-during-national

do it you pussies

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jesus Christ that is so dumb..

Like what the gently caress I get protecting the brand and all that poo poo, but imposing a 15 yard plenty for knelling?!?

Burn this whole poo poo down.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I think that would be the thing that convinces me not to watch the NFL. That and the fact that I'll be watching my Knights going for back to back Natties on Saturdays anyway.

Okay it's mostly the second one. Watching the Knights offense made watching the Panthers a miserable experience by comparison.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hard to even put into words how stupid this is. I mean even from their perspective, just let it play itself out. It's not like anything came of the first protest and any further kneeling isn't even a big deal. This concept is so fascist, ineffective and out of touch its insane

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chris James 2 posted:

Gonna be cool seeing Hue manage to ascend to ownership of a team off the backs of getting basically no wins with them

Todd Haley is going to be HC before their BYE week

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

wanna see streakers bust onto the field and just kneel every single game

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

wanna see streakers bust onto the field and just kneel every single game

The NFL in 2018, we’ve gone from Bottlegate to Bootygate

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If you really need an anthem at a game, do it at halftime when the local military units can put on a display and the players for both teams are out of sight.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

If you really need an anthem at a game, do it at halftime when the local military units can put on a display and the players for both teams are out of sight.

They're not a marching band.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I just hope this poo poo doesn't carry on to the regular season.

I'm here to watch football and have fun( I'm down with the kneeling), eat bad food, and get drunk.

But Jesus Christ a 15 yard flag. Come on bro.

How about someone take a knee for school shootings. We gonna flag that?

Yeah.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DaStampede posted:

They're not a marching band.

are you sure about that?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What’s the referee hand signal for a anthem kneeling penalty?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably the same sign as unsportsmanlike conduct

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
They’re definitely getting serious about the no kneeling thing - you don’t each have to do it for a touchback now.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Do they blow the whistle and throw the flag during the Anthem? Because that would kind of own.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Flikken posted:

Do they blow the whistle and throw the flag during the Anthem? Because that would kind of own.

and they come sprinting out waving their arms until the singer stops

drat I'm down with this stupid poo poo now

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The kneeling rule will be written in the most convoluted and confusing way possible and commentators and pundits will endlessly debate if it was a kneel or not a kneel.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

The kneeling rule will be written in the most convoluted and confusing way possible and commentators and pundits will endlessly debate if it was a kneel or not a kneel.

I hope it's not the same people who work on the catch rule.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

just have at least one person on each team take a knee

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well it was all good when Tebow did it...

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

A Man and his dog posted:

Well it was all good when Tebow did it...

Just like Kaep, he sure as hell isn't in the NFL.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i wonder what the superbowl halftime show is gonna be now. i feel like JT was too black

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/999061084009984001

:thunk:

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Sending someone to the Browns after they ein you to the SB would have been the biggest gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

hifi posted:

i wonder what the superbowl halftime show is gonna be now. i feel like JT was too black

Ed Sheeran

• Locked thread