Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I really wish there was a longform article or some poo poo about Mass Effect Andromeda and how it turned into a hot mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There's several hour-long YouTube videos that are more than happy to explain it to you, if you're the kind of person who watches youtubes of nerds talking videogames.

E: What I'm saying is I would be more than happy to learn that there are properly written articles that one can read on the subject.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There's several hour-long YouTube videos that are more than happy to explain it to you, if you're the kind of person who watches youtubes of nerds talking videogames.

E: What I'm saying is I would be more than happy to learn that there are properly written articles that one can read on the subject.

Yeah, I tried the Youtube route, but those nerds are too much for me, and I'm extremely nerdy.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Yeah, I tried the Youtube route, but those nerds are too much for me, and I'm extremely nerdy.

Jim Sterling probably made a video on it on it, but it may just be too early for anything on development to come out/it wasn't a complete disaster like Ride to Hell: Retribution, or Devil's Third.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 12:03 on May 23, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Jim Sterling probably made a video on it on it, but it may just be too early for anything on development to come out/it wasn't a complete disaster like Ride to Hell: Retribution, or Devil's Third.

Were those games complete failures, as well?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Randaconda posted:

Were those games complete failures, as well?

Try this: Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I actually have watched that one.

And while I agree it's garbage, it's pretty fun with the A Tale of Two Wasteland mods.

EDIT: As long as you add some mods to make combat more difficult, so you don't stomp over everything in New Vegas when you get there.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the guy in the window has his dick out ? Idk.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Randaconda posted:

I hate it when I am missing something obvious or need to look up for a clue on some game, and the only way to actually get any answers is to watch ad-riddled gameplay videos where some annoyng "funny streamer nerd" is wasting everyone's time. Bonus points if it is some 1h+ long stream with hosed up timing codes so you have to search for the part that you actually need.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Kyhe posted:

I hate it when I am missing something obvious or need to look up for a clue on some game, and the only way to actually get any answers is to watch ad-riddled gameplay videos where some annoyng "funny streamer nerd" is wasting everyone's time. Bonus points if it is some 1h+ long stream with hosed up timing codes so you have to search for the part that you actually need.

Yes. Just give me a walkthrough of whatever I can't figure either without commentary, or the bare bones of telling me what I should do.

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 14:01 on May 23, 2018

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

A FESTIVE SKELETON has a new favorite as of 14:08 on May 23, 2018

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3_Hlk244U
So this is probably one that's been already posted -- nothing special apart from content aware scaling and distorted audio to match, but this has to be the first time I've seen content scaling applied to animation instead of live action.

Not to be a wiener, but this upload is an uncredited reupload of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npv1CqU-BNo

Please support original content creators by watching the original upload on the original channel. Thanks and namaste.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Just type in [Game] Walkthrough No Commentary. Can't help you on having to search for the part you're at though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

Did the species even survive that massive plague that hit them a few years ago? :ohdear:

Seems like they're still barely hanging on but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not gonna make it much longer. :(

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Game walkthrough, no?

Commentary!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kate_mckean/status/998773947889016839

These memes aren't funny

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Is gamefaqs not a thing anymore? :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

They switched to video iirc

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I seem to remember using it for Skyward Sword

How long ago was that? :corsair:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just checked and found one still doing text for the new God of War so I don't know what games they're playing that they can only find videos for.

https://twitter.com/SlowDragon_/status/998462412985643008

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy poo poo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:stare: Mother of God

Less than 16.5 years until we can start going recursive with this!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

:perfect:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Randaconda posted:

I really wish there was a longform article or some poo poo about Mass Effect Andromeda and how it turned into a hot mess.

I finally finished playing it a few days ago, and while I didn't hate it, I'd still like to see something like this too.

Also I only paid like $20 for it and only started playing video games regularly again, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Randaconda posted:

https://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

zoux posted:

These memes aren't funny

I'm Peter Poopat.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

How are people still getting ads on YouTube? I use Ublock Origin and watch YouTube all the time and I have literally never seen a single ad.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

How are people still getting ads on YouTube? I use Ublock Origin and watch YouTube all the time and I have literally never seen a single ad.
because blocking the ads = less $ for whoever's published the video you're watching.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Elizabethan Error posted:

because blocking the ads = less $ for whoever's published the video you're watching.

who gives a poo poo. donate a dollar to their inevitable patreon if you really care and that will give them 100x as much money as you sitting through some interminable garbage about paper towels

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

who gives a poo poo.
the people still watching ads..

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Elizabethan Error posted:

the people still watching ads..

my pal, my guy, my bunny, i guaran-goddamn-tee that the people still watching ads are the people too computer illiterate to install an adblocker/know they even exist

just do what sagebrush says, give 'em a buck or two via patreon or ko-fi or some poo poo and you'll be saner and they'll get more money anyway

the only good ads in human history are the ones the mcelroys do

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I kind of have an early 2000s outlook on youtube, where people made videos just because they wanted to, and I watch them just because I don't feel like coming up with something else to do. And if they stop making them because I'm not watching ad after ad, then they'll stop getting made, and that's fine.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I get tired of ads for cars when I am unemployed and broke. Yes, it makes me want to buy a new car, but that just means I am annoyed by my complete broke assedness.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
What pushed me into installing adblock on everything was when I'd try to watch movie trailers on YouTube and before I could watch the trailer I had to watch the teaser for the movie whose trailer I was trying to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

loving called it as soon as he was happy in the second panel. Didn't think it'd be a double-kill though.