Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

Deffo get zeers, but this is nonsense.

When it was 5 tries/day, avg of 2 shards/day, 2 months is 120 shards.

8 tries us gonna be like 3+ a day, 2 months is proly 200 shards... which still isn’t s full toon.

I have assumed a refresh on the attempts every day since that doubles the speed you aquire a character. Better with 1 dude at 7* you can use for raids than 2 at 5* that you cant.

16 attempts = ~5 shards a day = ~60 days for a 7*.

I don't really think you can expect to be able to farm everything in a game with such a harsh business model either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

I have assumed a refresh on the attempts every day since that doubles the speed you aquire a character. Better with 1 dude at 7* you can use for raids than 2 at 5* that you cant.

I don't really think you can expect to be able to farm everything in a game with such a harsh business model either.

it would take a couple years and thousands of dollars to farm every single boy to 7* but you are insane if you do it, it's just star wars

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I throw my crystals at gear and energy. Dropping fitty spot 4x on the hards I was doing wasn't gonna happen.

And yet, I was basically there until they released the last 4 F2P toons as single hard node only. 1-2, yes... 5 out of 6? gently caress that. And you KNOW sion will be also.

It seems what they wanna do is make sure people who don't spend cash on the game gets the heroes VERY slowly and the list will pile up forever.

Imagine being new to the game now and seeing all of these top-shelf amazing toons you need to farm single hard nodes for. Imagine you still need to farm necessary toons that are also single hard node like veers, HRS, etc.

It's not cool.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 28, 2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

speaking of which, when's the next 2x drop rate happening? and for what?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

im cute posted:

speaking of which, when's the next 2x drop rate happening? and for what?

They generally don’t give more than a few days notice, but I’d be absolutely shocked if we didn’t see something on May 4.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doji Sekushi posted:

Down for whatever. I just click poo poo.

(SA Noodles)

Hey man, we wanna get you into SM tomorrow between the end of TB and the start of TW. It's a 1 hour window, can you be around to coordinate that?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

It seems what they wanna do is make sure people who don't spend cash on the game gets the heroes VERY slowly and the list will pile up forever.

And even if you want to spend cash on the game, their business model means either one whales hard or gets little for what is spent.

I beat the "Mythic Level" forest moon with EzPz. With that lead it was pretty easy win, but I couldn't manage it with a Thrawn trooper lead.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

And even if you want to spend cash on the game, their business model means either one whales hard or gets little for what is spent.

I beat the "Mythic Level" forest moon with EzPz. With that lead it was pretty easy win, but I couldn't manage it with a Thrawn trooper lead.

Just gotta fracture logray before he dazes your poo poo.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Chilichimp posted:

Hey man, we wanna get you into SM tomorrow between the end of TB and the start of TW. It's a 1 hour window, can you be around to coordinate that?

Yeah poo poo sorry. Just drove back in from a weekend vacation. I'll be floating around all day. Ping me on disc

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doji Sekushi posted:

Yeah poo poo sorry. Just drove back in from a weekend vacation. I'll be floating around all day. Ping me on disc

We pulled in Captain rear end in a top hat, but you're on the list for next.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
No worries. My fault for being slow.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Warmachine/Pell Parata

Letting you know here in case you aren't logging into discord. Your participation in TB/TW has dropped off significantly and we had to pull in someone else.

IDK if you're just taking a break to be more casual or are pulling away from the game in general, but there's no hard feelings.

Let Treboucher know in 'cord if you want a QGJ invite.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Just putting it out for general information:

SM is the "try hard guild" but like... not that hard. We do expect everyone to generate max raid tickets daily, burn all 5 attempts in the Sith Raid (even if it's just full auto trash), place 4 land and 1 fleet defense in every TW, and participate in all phases of TB. Even 1/6 combat win on day 6 from the speeder AoE is better than an empty guild roster slot.

Roster improvement priorities are:

Make your arena team better so you can earn that crystal.
Make your fleet good enough to be in striking distance... of that crystal.
Build a team for each phase of Heroic Sith Raid. (We got details on this in the discord channel).
Build a roster to contribute to TB's (ie veers, cold han, etc)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 2, 2018

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
getting bummed out on arena right now. i had a sweet cls team and then moved on to jtr and now ezpz. cls lasted so long it was nice but both jtr and ezpz have lasted shorter than the team before it. the top of arena is ezpz, jtr, and a shitload of rex teams.

what is the best team to climb and hold? should i just swap to a rex team?

the ezpz meta had been by far my least favorite since its so dependent on landing shocks and stuns that not getting one turns mirrors into coin flips and can seriously gently caress me over vs non mirrors. With the cls meta i found the perfect strat to take out every opposing cls team. jtr had SOME rng but for the most part was straight forward. ezpz is like all rng. i have a fast as gently caress vader and 230+ speed on nihilius and ep and a 269 thrawn. i throw rhan or sion in on offense and put sion on defense. everyones zetad to hell and back.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Rex, Wampa, Sion, DN, MT can hold pretty well, but it depends on having all those toons, which is a tall order.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Any space in QGJ to get a buddy out of pubbie purgatory?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Is there an updated link to the discord? The one in the spreadsheet no longer works.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Obstacle2 posted:

Is there an updated link to the discord? The one in the spreadsheet no longer works.

Try again. I refreshed it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aside from struggling in real life cutting down my play time, right now the most disheartening thing for me is the length of time it takes to farm up a new team to try new strategies. With all the new characters being hard mode farms, it is awful trying to raise a new team. If you want to unlock the characters, you can't gear anyone, and if you want gear, you miss out on character synergies.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
I've been running a Wiggs, Chaze, Lando team since forever now. I'm thinking about finding a character to replace Lando. I sometimes see this team with an R2-D2. Since he's my only legendary character (along with Palpatine) I'm considering it, but... I'm having a hard time seeing how great R2 is, at least as far as this team composition goes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rand Ecliptic posted:

I've been running a Wiggs, Chaze, Lando team since forever now. I'm thinking about finding a character to replace Lando. I sometimes see this team with an R2-D2. Since he's my only legendary character (along with Palpatine) I'm considering it, but... I'm having a hard time seeing how great R2 is, at least as far as this team composition goes.

Number Crunch Zeta turns him into a stat stick, adding much needed survivability to your rebels.

The group stealth is also extremely underrated. It's a wet blanket on your opponent's ability to target and eliminate, buying time for Chirrut to heal a guy.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Warmachine posted:

Aside from struggling in real life cutting down my play time, right now the most disheartening thing for me is the length of time it takes to farm up a new team to try new strategies. With all the new characters being hard mode farms, it is awful trying to raise a new team. If you want to unlock the characters, you can't gear anyone, and if you want gear, you miss out on character synergies.

Yeah poo poo sucks

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

Number Crunch Zeta turns him into a stat stick, adding much needed survivability to your rebels.

The group stealth is also extremely underrated. It's a wet blanket on your opponent's ability to target and eliminate, buying time for Chirrut to heal a guy.

Also his basic can stun, and burning is a very powerful AoE DoT that ignores evade/foresight. Plus his Combat Analysis Zeta is a fantastic compliment to a Wedge lead.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So does everyone just use Sith teams in PVP or what? But then I've given up on that mode outside of the daily requirements because no matter what I just get wrecked.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JTR and Nightsisters are also still very good.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

So does everyone just use Sith teams in PVP or what? But then I've given up on that mode outside of the daily requirements because no matter what I just get wrecked.

Ezpz is the new hot meta until you can farm Bossk, and by that time who knows? It will be way after the Han Solo movie drops. They may even have announced Star Wars 9 by then.

Nightsisters is a good and mostly f2p team; zombie and MT will take forever to get up to 7* since it’s just the one hard node, but at least with zombie it’s less important.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Heavy Sith is the current meta.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
With new young Han, I think we can get an all Han team. Cold Han, Old Han, Raid Han, Imperial Wannabe Han, and College Han.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Moral_Hazard posted:

With new young Han, I think we can get an all Han team. Cold Han, Old Han, Raid Han, Imperial Wannabe Han, and College Han.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Moral_Hazard posted:

Disappointed they don't have an all 5 Han team bonus

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

New hero seems cool, I'm glad they added Dwight from the office

E: oops I meant Jim. Whatever

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 18, 2018

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i'm cool with 5 hans and a (2?) new LS scoundrel, but Prepared seems pretty pointless, i don't know.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Getting back into this game. Applied for Qui Goonjinn as Man Called M.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

The man called M posted:

Getting back into this game. Applied for Qui Goonjinn as Man Called M.

Be sure to join the discord. Find the link in the spreadsheet in the OP. Come get advice and hang out!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I couldn't find it in the patch notes, but why do certain characters have zeta mats next to them?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

I couldn't find it in the patch notes, but why do certain characters have zeta mats next to them?

It shows how what characters have zetas attached to them. In arena, if I see a Vader, I can tell if he's a Zader without having to click on him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

It shows how what characters have zetas attached to them. In arena, if I see a Vader, I can tell if he's a Zader without having to click on him.

Aah. Dang, I must have put a Zeta on Hera by accident at some point.

Also wtf having a full NS team at node 6 in GW? GW has been utter garbage since they updated it, I've not completed a single one in months.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

Also wtf having a full NS team at node 6 in GW? GW has been utter garbage since they updated it, I've not completed a single one in months.

GW is random for everyone, luckily they made it so after you beat it fully enough times you can sim it. turns it from a huge pain in the rear end to an almost forgettable couple of clicks, because it sims all 12 at once

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah you only have to beat it like 150 times...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

What level are you at? Like, have you reached 85? Because the lead up to 85, GW is a pain, but after that, as you continue to get better, GW becomes a cake walk. Since they updated it, I can literally auto the entire thing. Which I still have to do, because before the updated it, I was never able to finish it, so I'm still sitting on 108/150 full clears before I can start simming it.