Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DaStampede posted:

Just like Kaep, he sure as hell isn't in the NFL.

That's because Tebow was garbage.

Kaep can actually play in the NFL. (I dunno it's been 2 years now so he might be garbage. But when a McCown is #1 on the jets)

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3...23053a74&sr=amp

Chargers just lost Hunter Henry for the year with a torn ACL.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Also chill the gently caress out on throwing shade on Bridgewater. Dude is good.

He had the worst / crazy injury happen to him.

The Vikings, just said gently caress it we got 3 QBs and shipped him off for Kirk:

Which, as a GM I get it. But it's not like Teddy did Viking fans wrong.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Feeling a bit positive about the Jets' QB situation - not sure how to deal with this new emotion. I like McCown, he's a good dude and he put it all out there for an awful Jets team but I'm hoping that Bridgewater wins the starting job before the season starts.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The kneeling rule will be written in the most convoluted and confusing way possible and commentators and pundits will endlessly debate if it was a kneel or not a kneel.

<that key and peele with hingle mccringleberry>

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Bro, trust me on this.

You, do not want a McCown starting for you Week 1 or any other part or the season. (IM SAYING THIS CAUSE WHAT THE gently caress HAVE THEY PROVED?!?)

They are bad. Like the top of that is a 6-10 / 8-8 / and at most 10-6 season...

I'm just saying man!

Throw loving Teddy B in and see what he's got...

But this is the Jets so woo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/999246677549768704

:thunk:

its 2008 again?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Couple of pages ago, but the new kicking rules seem to eliminate the onside kick entirely.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Couple of pages ago, but the new kicking rules seem to eliminate the onside kick entirely.

They might make the pop up onside kick maybe more reasonable to try--like where you pop the kick up and hope to land it toward the sideline around the 20-30.

But yeah for the traditional big bounce onside this seems awful.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grittybeard posted:

They might make the pop up onside kick maybe more reasonable to try--like where you pop the kick up and hope to land it toward the sideline around the 20-30.

But yeah for the traditional big bounce onside this seems awful.

I misread the rules. I thought it was saying kicking team cannot move until ball hits the ground or is touched.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What’s the referee hand signal for a anthem kneeling penalty?

Hand extended flat, raised up about 45 to 60 degrees, heels together and other arm held to the side.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Raku posted:

Hand extended flat, raised up about 45 to 60 degrees, heels together and other arm held to the side.

:golfclap:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nashville officially gets next years draft. Hell yeah. Gonna be a fun party.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
coincidentally nashville is also winning the super bowl

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Feeling a bit positive about the Jets' QB situation - not sure how to deal with this new emotion. I like McCown, he's a good dude and he put it all out there for an awful Jets team but I'm hoping that Bridgewater wins the starting job before the season starts.

The thing about McCown as well is that by all accounts he's an incredibly selfless mentor, which could really help Darnold's development over the next year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Raku posted:

Wow.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Metapod posted:

coincidentally nashville is also winning the super bowl

Who's the backup QB? Mariota won't last the season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

he will

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a new study bible! posted:

Blaine Gabbert.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
DUN DUN DUN!

@AdamSchefter: RT @SethWickersham: Owners right now expected to vote on a proposal that would remove requirement for players to be on the field for national...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Raku posted:

lmao nice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/999278131310661633

each proposal is dumber and worse than the last

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

Nice.

A Man and his dog posted:

DUN DUN DUN!

@AdamSchefter: RT @SethWickersham: Owners right now expected to vote on a proposal that would remove requirement for players to be on the field for national...

Finally the seahawks can have their flag burning parties during the anthem.

---------------------------------------------
Anyway, article by Geoff Schwartz on why teams should run from passing formations at the goal line instead of going heavy, or run outside when in heavy: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/5/22/17376788/nfl-offense-goal-line-package-patriots-run-the-ball

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

This league is insanely bad. Maybe we will get lucky and at least one owner will vote against it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

King Hong Kong posted:

This league is insanely bad. Maybe we will get lucky and at least one owner will vote against it.
That owner will be Shahid Khan

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/999278131310661633

each proposal is dumber and worse than the last

I can't believe they are twisting themselves so much into knots just to cater to MAGA Chuds and sports talk radio callers. It's utterly insane.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

can't wait until "he's not on the field, he must be in there kneeling"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Nice.

Finally the seahawks can have their flag burning parties during the anthem.

---------------------------------------------
Anyway, article by Geoff Schwartz on why teams should run from passing formations at the goal line instead of going heavy, or run outside when in heavy: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/5/22/17376788/nfl-offense-goal-line-package-patriots-run-the-ball

Seahawks being good is soooo yesterday. We got a new bag now

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I don't support war so there for I'm a bad person and 15 yard flag.

You can't make this poo poo up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Seahawks being good is soooo yesterday. We got a new bag now

You have to admit, this was a hilarious right wing meme though

-----------

Also Favre went to rehab 3 times while he was a Packer for opiate addiction.

So you know, that was cool.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Or when the Saints payed players to head hunt.

KILL THE HEAD. KILL THE BODY!

Yo dog chill, I'm just trying to have some lunch.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Peter King finished his final letters column with a story about dealing with colonoscopy preparation medication while stuck on an airplane.

Truly, he was the gooniest of us.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:cripes:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/999323109483302912

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It owns that now staying in the locker room will effectively have the same end effect to dumbass chuds who think that anything short of fellating the troops during the anthem is disrespectful

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The NFL is really trying to kill off viewership, aren't they?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
NFL: press X to show respect

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mr. Nice! posted:

The NFL is really trying to kill off viewership, aren't they?

Yes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Norv Turner thinks Cam's completion percentage should be in the mid to high 60s. Good luck with that.

Also: when the gently caress did Norv get another job?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/999316307903438850

yes do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
"Enacting rules to appease pieces of poo poo" appears to just be a common throughline for America so yeah sure why not

• Locked thread