Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
It's just weird that they're somehow incapable, despite now what ten opportunities to learn, that maybe don't say "We want to fix our reputation with the community" and then do something like this the next week. They're basically really greedy babies.

Though granted this isn't that huge an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

I mean in their defense people literally asked for the ability to buy cosmetic items directly with real money

ha ha! Buingie has fallen for my trap. Now I will get reddit gold for sure this time

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Orv posted:

It's just weird that they're somehow incapable, despite now what ten opportunities to learn, that maybe don't say "We want to fix our reputation with the community" and then do something like this the next week. They're basically really greedy babies.

Though granted this isn't that huge an issue.

:capitalism:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

metasynthetic posted:

Bungie has listened to community concerns regarding Eververse / rng lootboxes, and has finally released a solution everyone can support.

Just kidding, they're now selling an emote directly for :10bux: with (apparently, so far) no other way to earn it in game.

Edit: to be fair, seeing it in game it looks like it comes in a bundle with a couple of the 'premium' tokens too

Oh god. I will probably do this because then I will finally have an even 1200 silver and be able to spend it all down to zero. I am a terrible human being. :negative:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Iron Banner is a great time to grind your Crucible Sniper + Iron Banner Power Weapon ornaments. Just camp the power and shoot at all the targets running everywhere.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Have I forgotten how Stuff works? My max power is 358. Did this week's... Flashpoint? Is that it? The thing on Io.

Went back to Cayde and he's offering a 358 engram for me. Is this a bug like the other stuff?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Let me guess! See if I understand this byzantine bullshit.

Your displayed max power includes the +5s from addons, but your total power does not?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Legendary mods aren't worth the hassle lol

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

GigaPeon posted:

Have I forgotten how Stuff works? My max power is 358. Did this week's... Flashpoint? Is that it? The thing on Io.

Went back to Cayde and he's offering a 358 engram for me. Is this a bug like the other stuff?

Sounds like it. I've seen it pop up on the clan rewards as well.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GigaPeon posted:

No, Cayde isn't a clan engram. I haven't heard anything about him being bugged.

Didn't they say Clan Engrams weren't going to be over 345? :thunk:

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you let them mailbox decrypt at reset they work properly. Why that's a thing that's possible is beyond me.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Waffle House posted:

No, Cayde isn't a clan engram. I haven't heard anything about him being bugged.

Didn't they say Clan Engrams weren't going to be over 345? :thunk:

Clan engrams are hosed and if you decode them they become regular engrams. You got around this by not decoding and waiting for them to auto decode on the weekly reset.

You can check the power level of the powerful engram before you decode. If it says it is the same level as a regular purple don't decode it: it's hosed.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This sniper looks fun; high as gently caress impact and Field Prep gives you lots of ammo to carry. Optional faster reload if you haven't unbound your crouch key CS:GO style. APR is nice.

wish this thing had riccochet rounds, but it'd be too obviously an antiope replacement. That sway reduction perk on a high rpm smg like this might approach the same thing though, but maybe that's just me liking bullet hoses

speaking of bullet hoses :swoon:

Morphia
May 6, 2003
The system is down.
Just requested to join 2 Chill 2 Serious. If anyone wants to go buck wild with me, my BNET tag is Derpcore#1490

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

doctor 7 posted:

Clan engrams are hosed and if you decode them they become regular engrams. You got around this by not decoding and waiting for them to auto decode on the weekly reset.

You can check the power level of the powerful engram before you decode. If it says it is the same level as a regular purple don't decode it: it's hosed.

Oh I know what it is. I’m 358 with purple mods. That’s why.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The light system is terrible now. If you don’t raid, it takes forever to level up. The only thing on Mars that increases your light is EP and you have to be at 370-380 to complete that successfully.

D1 Year 3 had the best system for raising your light.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mill Village posted:

The light system is terrible now. If you don’t raid, it takes forever to level up. The only thing on Mars that increases your light is EP and you have to be at 370-380 to complete that successfully.

D1 Year 3 had the best system for raising your light.

Same but also weapons, armor, gameplay and basically everything but PvP ammo economy, although this power ammo trash in D2 is maybe giving even that a run for the money

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Warlock's Void Subclass, bottom skill tree is a melee focused caster that refills its health everytime you punch someone to death. It's absolutely exactly what you're looking for.

I can be a robot punch wizard? BRB starting a new character.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They really should make a version of the titan wormgod gloves for warlock. I like them more than the SKULLFORT

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

My thought for fixing D2 end game progression:

1) Milestones that give powerful rewards instead give 2 tokens that can be used to purchase powerful engrams. Change this token every season to prevent hoarding at max light;

2) Every level you get also grants you 1 of these tokens along with a bright engram, so you'll get 3 quick tokens with bonus experience.

- Put in a vendor that lets you exchange 2 tokens for a powerful engram.

- For armor, narrow the engrams to a specific slot (head engram, chest etc.).

- For weapons, narrow it down to specific weapon types (hand cannon, fusion rifle, etc.).

- Each engram drops 1x reward of the chosen type and 1x completely random piece.

-Also, put in an exotic engram that can be purchased for 4-6 tokens that guarantees one new exotic.

You can now choose what slot to upgrade instead of potentially getting the same piece over and over again. You can now use your preferred weapon without crippling your light level. You get an extra powerful engram weekly by playing through your bonus experience.

Also, being able to earn tokens through experience makes literally everything in the game worth doing again without blowing the lid off of time gating. Just going around and shooting mans/doing lost sectors/public events still lets you progress and play after you've gotten your weekly milestones done. It's not unreasonable for people to gain one level without bonus experience to get a 4th token for an extra powerful engram that week; however, if you want more than that you'll need to get through two non-bonus experience levels per extra engram. Being able to buy exotics with the tokens stops them from being useless at max light, or possibly extends light level progression if people choose to blow tokens looking for a new exotic instead. Changing tokens out every season also prevents token hoarding to reach new light caps.

I would never stop playing if this was the progression model.

E: What the gently caress I hit post not edit you stupid app

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 23, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hakarne posted:

I would never stop playing if this was the progression model.

No, you would stop playing shortly after reaching the highest level of progression. Thus, this intentionally slowed down crawl

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Eh, it would probably be pretty similar. Or you could easily tweak the values so it wasn't - make max light level increases larger, narrow the power jump from powerful engrams, something like that. And even when you max out, you can still go for exotics or a perfectly-rolled item when randomization is implemented in whatever form.

This would just give you more choice and prevent you from getting punched in the dick too hard by RNGesus.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hakarne posted:

This would just give you more choice and prevent you from getting punched in the dick too hard by RNGesus.

Oof, isn't that the truth. Week 1 I went from 335 to 350 because all 8 of my Powerful Rewards were Helmet and Heavy Weapon

Week 2 I went from 350 to 367 because I got my slot duplications in exactly the ideal order.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oof, isn't that the truth. Week 1 I went from 335 to 350 because all 8 of my Powerful Rewards were Helmet and Heavy Weapon

Week 2 I went from 350 to 367 because I got my slot duplications in exactly the ideal order.

Lol I only went up from 361 to 364 this week with all Milestones minus raid and a Valor reset because almost all my Powerful were for my already top slots. Last week was the same, an avalanche of sidearms and ARs.

Helmet is my lowest and for the last like 8 LL I've been dragging it up point by point with blues.

I'll reach max light a few weeks before DLC 3.

Orv
May 4, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

They really should make a version of the titan wormgod gloves for warlock. I like them more than the SKULLFORT

Winters Grasp.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This method of progression is fine, even for a weirdo like myself.

Hopefully they don't bring back random rolls without any sort of way to grind to change the roll. I honestly hated random rolls because no matter how good I'd get at this game, I'd be posting images of random rear end purples to SA from my inventory and going "is any of this good?" The fact that average people who don't theorycraft min-maxing have no idea what is considered Best In Slot stuff and could easily dismantle it unaware was the worst thing about D1.

If the current progression model is really inaccessible, they should just drop revive tokens from non-prestige Leviathan. They were only added because they wanted to punish party members who Go In Hard Now and Ask For Revive Later. If you can revive Yolo McSwaggins constantly without wiping the group, then people shouldn't have any problems.

EDIT: Also, just for context, most of you guys playing and most of the people I see on forums are 5-10 levels higher than me. I attribute this to the fact that I didn't buy CoO, and most of my gear opportunities in the first week were spent moving up the 30 or whatever levels that people who bought CoO had already done.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 23, 2018

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Deleting a weapon because you didn't know whether or not you liked the perks was the worst thing about D1?

It's interesting that you think revive tokens are a "punishment" considering that in D1, there were no revives in the Hard Mode raids. That right there may have been the worst thing about D1.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

doctor 7 posted:

There’s a mix-up in terminology here I think that’s causing the confusion. There are three types of engram being discussed:
  • Clan Exp Milestone: your weekly personal contribution to clan experience that rewards a powerful gear engram. This is the one that’s bugged and you currently need to leave it and let decrypt at the weekly reset to get the actual powerful gear from it
  • Clan participation engram: Nightfall/Crucible/Raid/Trials as a clan fire team which is available to all members of the clan once completed. These used to be powerful gear and could contain weapons from the Raid/Trials but it’s been changed so that Nightfall/Crucible give you gear at the same level as a normal legendary engram drop and Raid/Trials give you gear thats’s 5 power level higher than your normal engram drops. Raid/Trials engrams also don’t give Raid/Trials weapons any more.
  • Flashpoint engram: weekly powerful engram from completing public events on a specific planet. As far as I know only one person has reported an issue with this and it’s working normally for everyone else.
We’re hoping that the Clan Exp milestone engram gets fixed in next week’s patch because it’s kind of annoying.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The flashpoint guy was a dummy and didn't realize that Reward Level is based on Actual Base Power (not including Mods) so even though his screen showed 363, due to +5 Mods in everything, he was actually a 358 and so the 363 flashpoint engram was gonna be a huge upgrade.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Mercurius posted:

• Clan participation engram: Nightfall/Crucible/Raid/Trials as a clan fire team which is available to all members of the clan once completed. These used to be powerful gear and could contain weapons from the Raid/Trials but it’s been changed so that Nightfall/Crucible give you gear at the same level as a normal legendary engram drop and Raid/Trials give you gear thats’s 5 power level higher than your normal engram drops. Raid/Trials engrams also don’t give Raid/Trials weapons any more.

Now this is a super lovely change. I liked being able to get an occasional cool toy to play with, without having to endure six hours of synchronized simon says, or try to win against organized pro gamer squads.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ponzicar posted:

Now this is a super lovely change. I liked being able to get an occasional cool toy to play with, without having to endure six hours of synchronized simon says, or try to win against organized pro gamer squads.

lol

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ponzicar posted:

The other really lovely bit is that the Raid/Trials engrams still only drop a single piece of gear unlike the other two which are 2 items+shaders or mods.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

What's so funny about that statement?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
<insert entitled gamer reddit rant>

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spanish Manlove posted:

What's so funny about that statement?

Why on earth should Trials Rewards and Raid Rewards be available to those who don't complete the activities?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Because fun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is the "Can't buy armor from Saladin anymore" a bug or an actual step backward from Season 2??

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Mercurius posted:

There’s a mix-up in terminology here I think that’s causing the confusion. There are three types of engram being discussed:
  • Clan Exp Milestone: your weekly personal contribution to clan experience that rewards a powerful gear engram. This is the one that’s bugged and you currently need to leave it and let decrypt at the weekly reset to get the actual powerful gear from it
  • Flashpoint engram: weekly powerful engram from completing public events on a specific planet. As far as I know only one person has reported an issue with this and it’s working normally for everyone else.
We’re hoping that the Clan Exp milestone engram gets fixed in next week’s patch because it’s kind of annoying.

If that one person is me, it was me being dumb and forgetting that purple mods aren't REAL light levels,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is the "Can't buy armor from Saladin anymore" a bug or an actual step backward from Season 2??

Step backwards.

• Locked thread