Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
But you still have to have cards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
There's usually way too much going on in a game of Xwing to have it easily represented on a smartphone screen, especially with the amount of cards with individual charges now.

Not to mention issues with syncing, tech in general etc.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm just hoping they public beta the gently caress out of this app so that it doesn't fall over on launch day.

On an utterly unrelated note, who's coming to Euros/UKGE?

I'm playing on the Friday and the Sunday, and dressing up as a stupid space pirate with a parrot droid on his shoulder on the Saturday, I'll pop through into the tournament hall to say 'hi'.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 21, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm just hoping they public beta the gently caress out of this app so that it doesn't fall over on launch day.

2.0 seriously lives and dies on the app. They better be taking it seriously.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
New FFG article

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/21/take-action-1/

I think the only actual new info is confirmation that the reload action only restores one charge on one torpedo/bomb/missile.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

LanceKing2200 posted:

New FFG article

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/21/take-action-1/

I think the only actual new info is confirmation that the reload action only restores one charge on one torpedo/bomb/missile.

The info that Reload works on Bombs is actually new and useful. E: also Dutch, Old Terry, R3 Astro, R5-D8, so actually a bunch of new stuff.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Repairing a facedown card removes it, repaing a faceup card flips it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
R3 astromech is now weapons engineer- that's interesting.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I assume someone in here has FLGS experience. I want the new damage deck for pre-ordering. My FLGS didn't know anything about this. What do I need to tell them to make sure I get this?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finster Dexter posted:

I assume someone in here has FLGS experience. I want the new damage deck for pre-ordering. My FLGS didn't know anything about this. What do I need to tell them to make sure I get this?

The last line from the article about it says

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/

> Alternatively, you can talk to your local retailer about getting a T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck with your pre-order. Retailers should reach out to their distributors for more information about the T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck.

So basically your retailer has to reach out and make an arrangement. If you feel that's unlikely to pan out, pre-order elsewhere.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

ConfusedUs posted:

The last line from the article about it says

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/

> Alternatively, you can talk to your local retailer about getting a T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck with your pre-order. Retailers should reach out to their distributors for more information about the T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck.

So basically your retailer has to reach out and make an arrangement. If you feel that's unlikely to pan out, pre-order elsewhere.

Okay, I just sent that article to my FLGS highlighting the end bit there. Hopefully, I can get it. I'd rather support this FLGS but I think they've also complained about how flaky their distributor is, too, so I might be out of luck.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

One good thing about having Covenant as my FLGS is that they always get the best poo poo. I sent the article to them and next day they not only confirmed they were getting it, but updated all of their store pages and stuff too.

One bad thing is that they never put X-Wing stuff on sale.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My FLGS said it was a thing they would get when they sent the pre-orders in. They had no idea how many.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

hoiyes posted:

There's usually way too much going on in a game of Xwing to have it easily represented on a smartphone screen, especially with the amount of cards with individual charges now.

Not to mention issues with syncing, tech in general etc.

WarRoom has already provrn you can't play from just an app and have fun.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
R5-D8 looks really good with three charges and the ability to remove Direct Hits from your ship, since there are at least three Expose pilots/cards that will gently caress you up. Especially now that it's non-random.

I have yet to see a bad Astromech, and that excites me.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Since the new Direct Hits make you deal an extra facedown damage card, then flip it, I can see it mitigating the damage, but you're still eating that Direct Hit.

Edit: Wait, I get what you're saying with the Expose Damage crit card. But yeah, I wonder if in the case of removing facedown damage, do you choose randomly which to remove?

BOGO LOAD fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 22, 2018

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Tacopocalypse posted:

Since the new Direct Hits make you deal an extra facedown damage card, then flip it, I can see it mitigating the damage, but you're still eating that Direct Hit.

Edit: Wait, I get what you're saying with the Expose Damage crit card. But yeah, I wonder if in the case of removing facedown damage, do you choose randomly which to remove?

It doesn't say that it's random, I'd find it weird if it was supposed to be. And I was talking about Thane Kyrell's pilot ability, or Lt. Colzet.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I want to make some fancy bases that are weighted and have those steel ball and ring-magnet swivel mounts. What's a realistic maximum number? I was thinking 10 small, 5 medium and 5 large.

Also does anyone have size and grade recommendation for the magnets?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If you search K&J magnets and xwing something will pop up with the right sizes for the ring magnets. poo poo I think K&J even have an xwing section in their site. The balls are just any old BBs you can buy by the thousand.

Order more than you think you'll need. I ordered 10 and instantly regretted not getting more since I use them for stuff like rotating cannons and poo poo too

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 22, 2018

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

banned from Starbucks posted:

If you search K&J magnets and xwing something will pop up with the right sizes for the ring magnets. poo poo I think K&J even have an xwing section in their site. The balls are just any old BBs you can buy by the thousand.

Order more than you think you'll need. I ordered 10 and instantly regretted not getting more since I use them for stuff like rotating cannons and poo poo too

Thanks! They do have this article: https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=star-wars-x-wing This gives me a good idea of the size i need altough i'll look around locally first since i don't live in the US.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
To those of you selling or consolidating your collection, are you just selling ships or are you selling the cardboard, pilot cards, and upgrades as well? Is there a general consensus about how much to charge for ship-only sales vs ship + cardboard + cards?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've just been trading same size ships 1 for 1. If they want the dials or cards, they can have them. Traded a Punisher and Bomber for a new in box Fang Fighter, and the same guy is going to give me a Quadjumper and $25 for two Shuttles.

I'm valuing my Empire stuff way less than any Rebels or Scum since I'm getting out of them. Gonna be a pain in the butt to trade or sell all these TIE Fighters and F/os.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

canyonero posted:

To those of you selling or consolidating your collection, are you just selling ships or are you selling the cardboard, pilot cards, and upgrades as well? Is there a general consensus about how much to charge for ship-only sales vs ship + cardboard + cards?

I've tried selling upgrade cards on eBay since they announced 2.0 and have had a little success here and there. Someone bought an Defender X7/D set for $12, which was nuts, but mostly it's been like, Juke/Comm Relay selling for $2 free shipping. Mostly things don't sell, which isn't surprising.

On the other hand, ships+bases haven't diminished much at all. If you wanted out all-together, you would do pretty well right now selling out ships. Here's an auction where a guy got $55 or so for 6 ships.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFG-Star-Wars-X-Wing-Empire-6-Ship-Lot/332619390552?hash=item4d71a91e58:g:7BMAAOSwCYtazPf2

Here's a large collection where the guy also got ~$6 per ship.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Wing-Miniatures-Huge-Lot-of-37-Ships/202283581713?hash=item2f190a8111:g:r8oAAOSwLnBawYxB

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

You'll probably get the most cash for separating ships and cards, but it's likely a hassle.

I'm lazy. I'd just dump the ships + cards together, and call it a day.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
How does one fix a broken peg on a ship? So far my casualties are a kwing, TIE ADV. prototype, IG-2000 and two t65s

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

How does one fix a broken peg on a ship? So far my casualties are a kwing, TIE ADV. prototype, IG-2000 and two t65s

Depends on how it's broken.

If it just pulled out, superglue.

If it snapped out, drill out the piece stuck in there, then put in a new one and superglue.

Or just buy some magnets.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You can also email FFG and they may send you a new ship or two, depending on how broken they are.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
FFG sent me a Ghost when the male end of the peg snapped off in the female end attached to the ship. I was really impressed.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

canyonero posted:

FFG sent me a Ghost when the male end of the peg snapped off in the female end attached to the ship. I was really impressed.

Holy poo poo. (For anyone with the same issue, heat up a needle or iron wire and jam it into the broken part. Wait for it to cool, then pull.)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyonero posted:

Sounds like a real sneaky way to get yourself a 2 for 1 and then immediately magnet mod one or both.

Not that I suggest doing anything of the sort.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Well they ask for pictures, and I would guess they watch for repeats for people trying to abuse the system. Wade (FFG OP guy) told me to do it, so I felt pretty fine about it, but yes I technically have 2 working Ghosts now after fixing my busted one with the hot metal wire like Iceclaw suggested.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Ghost is one where replacing based on broken pegs is legit because that thing is fragile as gently caress and it's super difficult to repair it if any part of that fragile assembly breaks, bbecause any bit changing height or being slightly off angle is a nightmare.

I used to request replacements whenever I broke a peg, but these days I just CBA, because I don't have the dials for them anyway.

Kinda regretting that now lol

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Hairline crack on my Y-Wing's peg connector finally cracked, and FFG sent me a new ship no problem. I plan on somehow making a new connector (greenstuff?) and painting that Y-Wing as my Aturi Cluster character ship (name is Dingo, loaded up with ion weapons).

My brother and I both play Rebel and Galactic Empire factions, and our collections are relatively small - with few exceptions, one Conversion Kit will get us both everything we need for both factions. Has anybody put thought into a goon barter swap for Conversion Kit bits? I know we'll have extra stuff for ships like the Starwing and Sheathipede, and looking for another Defender and B-Wing.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I have one of everything and a few duplicates of my favorites of everything released so far.
With the 2E announcement I have considered selling down to just one or two factions, going deep instead of wide.
My fear is though that the faction i choose might become a turkey competitively for a long spell, like Imperials were for a year or Scum was for a while after that.
Not that I could choose a faction to stick with anyway.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I'm dropping Rebels and (probably) First Order, and trying to fill holes in scum and imperial line up. I think cutting down to three factions should keep me with at least one that's good at any point in time. Looking forwards to flying a Fang swarm.

One thing I realised about Conversion kits is that you won't really be able to swap as freely as you imagine.

For example, the Rebel kit comes with the pieces for two YT-2400. But you'll still only have one Dash card & one Dash base, because although they'll include multiples of generics and two dials, why would they include 2 copies of a unique pilot.

Unless you don't want a ship at all, only want the generic (hello Lambda) or are fine with proxied cards and tiles, then it's not much good.

Unless your one of those loons who needs multiple kits, then of course you'll be swimming in unique pilot doubles.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 23, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

None of that has been confirmed or denied, regarding the pilot cards, to the best of my knowledge

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

None of that has been confirmed or denied, regarding the pilot cards, to the best of my knowledge

Common sense pretty much confirms it mate

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Brb gonna go break some pegs for ships I need two of before 2.0 drops and then mod up some sweet magnetic stands.

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif

hoiyes posted:

Looking forwards to flying a Fang swarm.

I'd never really considered that I might be able to do this, and now that I realize it might be an option for 2.0, I'm unreasonably excited about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

darkroot posted:

I'd never really considered that I might be able to do this, and now that I realize it might be an option for 2.0, I'm unreasonably excited about it.

With the 2 spinnnaz version I am getting, I will have 5. Don't think I will be able to field 5, but a boy can dream.