Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I got extremely unlucky and ended up in an army that finished the third conquest with no territories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
surely we are due for an awakening banner

i need maribelle in my barracks, elise will be cut in favor of parosels

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

No more Awakening

E: like half the seasonal banners are Awakening banners

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clawtopsy posted:

Sadly the last Awakening banner wasn't that long ago (Exalt Chrom and Morgans).

We're definitely long overdue for an Echoes banner though. Last banner for that was the Gray/Mathilda/Delthea and the Saber/Leon/Sonya twin banners.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The next 2 months after CYL are summer banners which are almost guaranteed to be stuffed to the gills with eveeyone’s favorite Fateswakenings

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

My current Marth build.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The next 2 months after CYL are summer banners which are almost guaranteed to be stuffed to the gills with eveeyone’s favorite Fateswakenings

God I hope so I need to save orbs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
binding blade banner please

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

4* banner with Marth please

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
kliff would be good too

so would jesse and valbar

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't even really care about new 5* units anymore unless they get demoted to 4* since otherwise I can't realistically merge them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

4* banner with Donnel please

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

I don't even really care about new 5* units anymore unless they get demoted to 4* since otherwise I can't realistically merge them.

I don't care because I rather get a 4* and pay the 20 feathers if it has good ivs.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tired Moritz posted:

Why? I need to save orbs.

Also side thing I could use some advice here.

Current 5 Star Roster

Current 4-Stars who could be made 5-Stars

So do I make someone a 5 Star, OR

I can make a Marth, Lilina, Caeda, Fir, Catria or a GHB to 5 Star to +1 the current ones.

OR I could 5 Star a fodder unit I have a Subaki, Takumi or a Chrom to get more Aethers ready.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Tired Moritz posted:

This has literally never happened so it'd probably be nice.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Clawtopsy posted:

kliff would be good too

so would jesse and valbar

Give me Kliff with a Wyrmslayer to continue the trend of all the Ram kids dealing effective damage

Also, where the gently caress is Python!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Still no Bride Tharja but I did finally pull a -SPD Tiki :toot:

Just spent my last 20K feathers switching OG Tharja over to a better nature, time to do the same for Tiki. Her boon is +RES which I think I might actually like better than +DEF.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Onmi posted:

Why? I need to save orbs.

Also side thing I could use some advice here.

Current 5 Star Roster

So do I make someone a 5 Star, OR

I can make a Marth, Lilina, Caeda, Fir, Catria or a GHB to 5 Star to +1 the current ones.

OR I could 5 Star a fodder unit I have a Subaki, Takumi or a Chrom to get more Aethers ready.
Do you have breath Qr3 and aether on tiki already? Black Knight really wants Qr3 as well unless you're anticipating vengeful fighter.

Allmost all enemy phase tanks can use Qr3 and aether so it's really your choice who you give it to.

Washout fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 23, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Washout posted:

Do you have breath Qr3 and aether on tiki already? Black Knight really wants Qr3 as well unless you're anticipating vengeful fighter.

ATiki has Bonfire but no Aether yet, but she has QR 3

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 23, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
How goes Arena Assault? If you have a fairly stable normal Arena core, start working on having an army of teams that can reliably take on Arena Assault. When it comes to expanding your roster, I think it's best to go in this order:

1. When you're new to the game, try and get all the colours, weapons and movement types covered. Do this via summoning like a madman, mainly.
2. From there, decide on an arena core that works for you and optimize them as best you can.
3. If you are cool with your arena team, start putting together teams to easier take on Arena Assault, Chain Challenges, movement specific quests and the like. This is where you start making bladetome/drive-spur-stack/Armor Emblem/Flier Emblem/Dragon Emblem/Cavalry Emblem teams.
4. Once you have a good army of teams to throw at AA, go back to your arena team and rework it/multi-merge them/inherit expensive skills in order to maximize your BST. Don't be afraid to ditch dancers and swap out lower BST units for higher ones (I swapped Ursula for Nowi and I wager one day I'll have to swap Nino for Sheena).
5. At this point, if you can stay in Tier 20 or a fine with Tier 19.5, go back to you AA teams and start optimizing/multi-merging them/making more of them. Or, work on hokey gimmick builds if you haven't already because it's fun.

Always remember to optimize your husbando/waifu though. This is vital to Heroes and probably the most important thing and should always take priority.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
do you have any plans or anything

giving QR to BK isn't that useful if youre never gonna use him

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Onmi posted:

ATiki has Bonfire but no Aether yet, but she has QR 3

I'd be inclined to give her aether unless you want Xander, Camus, or BK to get QR3.

Edit: idk how much you have invested in that 5* Klein but I'd be inclined to burn him to one of three I listed and give aether to tiki.

Washout fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 23, 2018

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah this. Hoard the good skills for when you really need them. BK isn't that great either. You have a Zephiel, who can actually tank mages. Use him instead.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Given that I have the units to basically win anything, I'm kinda just tempted to not spend orbs for the rest of the year and then go on some sort of insane spree if dark flier Severa ever sees the light of day.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

How goes Arena Assault? If you have a fairly stable normal Arena core, start working on having an army of teams that can reliably take on Arena Assault. When it comes to expanding your roster, I think it's best to go in this order:

1. When you're new to the game, try and get all the colours, weapons and movement types covered. Do this via summoning like a madman, mainly.
2. From there, decide on an arena core that works for you and optimize them as best you can.
3. If you are cool with your arena team, start putting together teams to easier take on Arena Assault, Chain Challenges, movement specific quests and the like. This is where you start making bladetome/drive-spur-stack/Armor Emblem/Flier Emblem/Dragon Emblem/Cavalry Emblem teams.
4. Once you have a good army of teams to throw at AA, go back to your arena team and rework it/multi-merge them/inherit expensive skills in order to maximize your BST. Don't be afraid to ditch dancers and swap out lower BST units for higher ones (I swapped Ursula for Nowi and I wager one day I'll have to swap Nino for Sheena).
5. At this point, if you can stay in Tier 20 or a fine with Tier 19.5, go back to you AA teams and start optimizing/multi-merging them/making more of them. Or, work on hokey gimmick builds if you haven't already because it's fun.

Always remember to optimize your husbando/waifu though. This is vital to Heroes and probably the most important thing and should always take priority.

Well beyond crafting an opening team (Right now it's Fjorm, BRoy, BLyn and Nephenee because they can get to 712) Here's the teams I tend to rely on

Horse Team Alpha - BRoy, BLyn, Gunnthra, Reinhardt. There is nothing Horse Team Alpha can't kill, they are my most built up team.

Horse Team Bravo - Xander/Swordhardt, Camus, Clarine, Cecilia. This team is almost complete, Camus has to get the SP to learn Reposition, and Swordhardt and Xander tend to trade off depending on a need for Tanking/Killing.

Flyer Team - Halloween Nowi, Cherche/Gerome, Catria/Caeda, Bownoka, Girlma. I mostly use Flyer Team for one of three roles. 1. Working around a terrible terrain area, 2. Anti-Armor/Cavalry (Caeda has the Wing Sword, Gerome has the Poleaxe, Bownoka has the Warrior Bow) 3. Counter-Killing ranged units with Girlma.

From here, things become less "Team" and more "Units who counter Units"

So if I see a team of full dragons, I will use either Roy or Marth, backed up with a Dancer and a Healer. And then a 4th. I try not to use Marth and Roy together, because there are in fact a lot of dragons.

I have Micaiah for an Armor or Cavalier team, So less team cohesion and more "Fuuuck who do I have that fills the role I need?"

Tired Moritz posted:

Well I don't use Black Knight right now, because I don't have Armor March, so he and Hector just... sit there unless I have to use them. I'd want a proper armor team before I built Armor Emblem.

As for long-term plans? I'm hunting for a Good IV for Roy, the current one isn't the worst (+HP and -Spd) but I'd like... +Def or +Res -Spd. You can see from above units I'm sort of filling in skills for. I have QR 2 on Girlma and VIke, I'd like to eventually replace them with 3. But I'm trying to determine the best thing to push for now. It's hard for me to make decisions.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 23, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

I missed that you have fell Robin, I'd give her Qr3 immediately she is fantastic.

Edit nevermind QR2 is fine.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
luckily this game is chill enough that you dont have to make decisions now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The ratio of mechanical difference between QR2 and QR3 to required feather investment to get one vs the other is so low that I'm keeping QR2 on my multimerge Tiki project until I'm done merging her

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Given that I have the units to basically win anything, I'm kinda just tempted to not spend orbs for the rest of the year and then go on some sort of insane spree if dark flier Severa ever sees the light of day.

All I need is a breath or two and a distant counter and then I plan on hoarding enough orbs to get a +10 of some crazy powercreep seasonal or something.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
not-mage kliff is a blasphemy imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

The ratio of mechanical difference between QR2 and QR3 to required feather investment to get one vs the other is so low that I'm keeping QR2 on my multimerge Tiki project until I'm done merging her

Merged units with really high defenses like Tiki are one of the few units that get a lot of mileage out of qr3 compared to 2, especially if you are running breath+aether

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Andrast posted:

Merged units with really high defenses like Tiki are one of the few units that get a lot of mileage out of qr3 compared to 2, especially if you are running breath+aether

She's still missing Steady Breath and will probably continue to do so for quite some time as I've never pulled a BIke, have no spare VIkes, and am still using up all my orbs trying to get Bride Tharja

but yeah I guess I should probably spend some feathers on upgrading her QR, I'll do it after I switch her to -SPD

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

not-mage kliff is a blasphemy imo

I ran Cav Kliff, Archer Tobin, and Bolt Sword Gray personally

But Tobin and Gray are generic swordlords in FEH so there's no reason to believe Kliff wouldn't be one too

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Onmi posted:

More words
Flier teams are awesome at the moment. If I were you, I'd promote Michalis and Valter the snag a red and a colourless unit from your current fliers and make a secondary flier team.

If you have any three or four star blade tome units (Nino, Odin, Tharja, that :haw: chick I forget the name of) Nowi, Cecilia, La'Rachel, Ursula, Olwen and Summer Elise all love that tome, and you have Groom Marth coming up in the next Tempest Trial who sports a weapon that's basically a light version of Eirika's refined Sieglinde, so you'll have a way to buff them. Bladetomes still remain some of the most over-powered weapons in the game, so I highly recommend either promoting a Nino or a Tharja with good IVs or promoting one with bad IVs and giving the tome to one of the above units.

Also, you have a 5* Klein. You can give someone QR3 right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Like I said, right now I'm just sort of... slotting units into where I need them. Like I have a strong VIke

But I don't really have "Three units I always run with VIke" Right now my Arena Assault Starting team is "Fjorm, Nephenee, BRoy and BLyn" but that's just because Those three together have the highest point value and share blessings.

I'm super hyped for Marth, I'll finally have the mounted Physical green my Horse Emblem's been missing. And it gives me a third green I can use.

Right now Red Horse Emblem is: BRoy, Xander, Sigurd, Swordhardt, Cain (Not really used, even though he's +1),
Blue Horse Emblem is: Camus, Finn, Legendary Ephraim, Reinhardt and Olwen (Except not really she's terrible)
Green Horse Emblem is: Cecilia, Gunnthra.

Yup.

Roger Explosion posted:

Flier teams are awesome at the moment. If I were you, I'd promote Michalis and Valter the snag a red and a colourless unit from your current fliers and make a secondary flier team.

If you have any three or four star blade tome units (Nino, Odin, Tharja, that :haw: chick I forget the name of) Nowi, Cecilia, La'Rachel, Ursula, Olwen and Summer Elise all love that tome, and you have Groom Marth coming up in the next Tempest Trial who sports a weapon that's basically a light version of Eirika's refined Sieglinde, so you'll have a way to buff them. Bladetomes still remain some of the most over-powered weapons in the game, so I highly recommend either promoting a Nino or a Tharja with good IVs or promoting one with bade IVs and giving the tome to one of the above units.

That Klein is perfect IV's and has saved my bacon more times than I can count. He's staying right where he is.

I have these units sitting in fodder (Or just general use like Olivia)

Onmi fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 23, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

Like I said, right now I'm just sort of... slotting units into where I need them.

That's kind of how my AA runs still go (aside from the theme teams that need the synergy to work properly)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

If you have any three or four star blade tome units (Nino, Odin, Tharja, that :haw: chick I forget the name of) Nowi, Cecilia, La'Rachel, Ursula, Olwen and Summer Elise all love that tome, and you have Groom Marth coming up in the next Tempest Trial who sports a weapon that's basically a light version of Eirika's refined Sieglinde, so you'll have a way to buff them. Bladetomes still remain some of the most over-powered weapons in the game, so I highly recommend either promoting a Nino or a Tharja with good IVs or promoting one with bad IVs and giving the tome to one of the above units.

Tailtiu is the one you're thinking of. Mae would also work.

And yeah I have one base blademage team (Eirika/Tharja/Nino/Lute) and my secondary cav team is functionally also a blademage team (due to containing both Green Olwen and Blarblade+ Spring Catria). Bladetomes are very very good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also I'm actually really glad about Groom Marth because my team is really lacking in relatively speedy axe units

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Choose a random hero available at 3 stars that you have a lot of and build a multimerge 5 star with them

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Onmi posted:

Like I said, right now I'm just sort of... slotting units into where I need them. Like I have a strong VIke

But I don't really have "Three units I always run with VIke" Right now my Arena Assault Starting team is "Fjorm, Nephenee, BRoy and BLyn" but that's just because Those three together have the highest point value and share blessings.
Congrats you've figured out Arena Assault.

But it seems like you're at the point where "just slotting in units" is not going to cut it as you ascend the tiers, but you're basically already doing what you need to be doing: putting together teams that synergize well and can take on the meta. If that's going well with horsies and you are having fun builidng those teams, go for it. You have enough for a couple of good flier teams, so you could go in that direction. Hell, if you want to focus on dragons promote that Kana and keep an eye out for Fae.

Whatever you end up choosing, commit to it though. It's better to build one good team than to half-rear end several. Also, just know, whichever you choose, you can do little wrong. You have good units and this game is very forgiving. You have to try really hard to actually do things badly.

loquacius posted:

Tailtiu is the one you're thinking of. Mae would also work.

And yeah I have one base blademage team (Eirika/Tharja/Nino/Lute) and my secondary cav team is functionally also a blademage team (due to containing both Green Olwen and Blarblade+ Spring Catria). Bladetomes are very very good.
God, how did I forget Mae? She's attached to my Ephraim's hip and done blows things up well and nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Also I'm actually really glad about Groom Marth because my team is really lacking in relatively speedy axe units
You have an Anna right there just waiting to telefrag with Naotun. :colbert: