Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

Anyone know what she says if you're a Roe or Elezen?

Same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hommando posted:

The same thing. Girl is rude as gently caress.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Brainamp posted:

The same thing. Girl is rude as gently caress.

Sharlayans man.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Same thing.

"Though I'd be ta- Listen here, you little poo poo. The Warrior of Light has enough problems with my axe whacking off doorjambs without ducking. I'm getting a crick in my neck just looking down at you!"

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I assume in all the stories people tell the Warrior of Light is 50 feet tall and can take down a Garlean Dreadnought in a single swing of their axe.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Minor MSQ spoilers:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I respect and appreciate SE making the Ridorana gear so unspeakably ugly that no one will be bothered by the fact that you can't roll need on pieces anymore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mordiceius posted:

Minor MSQ spoilers:

You know, during that scene he implies he thinks that Yotsuyu slept with Zenos for her position from what I can tell. But then he also says something like "None of you loved Zenos more than me!" or something. So from his perspective, his sister stole his man away from him or something. What a hosed up family.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, during that scene he implies he thinks that Yotsuyu slept with Zenos for her position from what I can tell. But then he also says something like "None of you loved Zenos more than me!" or something. So from his perspective, his sister stole his man away from him or something. What a hosed up family.

It's truly a shame, but the WoL is the only husbando/waifu for Zenos. Can't wait for the reunion in 4.4/4.5

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I demand a recording of Construct 7's full dance on loop.

Hommando posted:

She said the same thing to me Roe. I AM A GIANT ANGRY SNOWMAN DEATH GODthat is secretly made of eldritch lalafellsWHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I have a hard time believing that robot is gonna be a pug killer when i literally just saw an alliance and a half just dance around him slowly chipping him down from about 40% to death over a ridiculous amount of time (the amount he jumps away is a little absurd) simply from dodging the pelvic thrust laser and just kinda healing through the rest of the damage because there is enough downtime between him changing his forms that you can keep up the healing.

Now if he did the math shenanigans more that would have done it probably.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Hommando posted:

I’m a max height roe and she said the same thing.
I’m vaguely offended.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

WrightOfWay posted:

I assume in all the stories people tell the Warrior of Light is 50 feet tall and can take down a Garlean Dreadnought in a single swing of their axe.

I mean, IR + Fell Cleave....

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Hmmm

1) Have goons embraced the visual beauty of guys in bunny outfits?

2) I got a bonus at work -- spend $$$ on responsible adult stuff or buy more Mogstation stuff?

(second question is just a joke, got to have those devil and angel outfits)

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
The black bunny outfit looks really good on my buff highlander, that's for sure. No pubbie meltdowns yet though, was hoping someone would complain.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

:siren: Attention EU people not on Omega! We have set up the cross world linkshell "Eurovision Eorzea" so that we may keep in touch. The fastest way to get in is to send an @ to the PCD inviters on the discord, but if you leave a message in here we'll do our best to get you in. There's a limit of 64 people in a cross world linkshell, so sorry people already in the FC but we're limiting it to non Omegans for now. :siren:

Quoting this for anyone that may have missed it! We've got people from Omega Zodiark, Lich, Shiva and Odin connected up already and some of us ran the lighthouse last night, so just send a message in the LFG EU channel in the discord so that we can arrange to get you .

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Skaw posted:

For me the biggest twist was that the faction Asahi was fake repping turned out to be real and Maxima is a bro.

This was not much surprise to anyone who knows their Roman history.

The Garlean political divide is pretty much textbook Roman politics, including the names of the factions :eng101:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I have a hard time believing that robot is gonna be a pug killer when i literally just saw an alliance and a half just dance around him slowly chipping him down from about 40% to death over a ridiculous amount of time (the amount he jumps away is a little absurd) simply from dodging the pelvic thrust laser and just kinda healing through the rest of the damage because there is enough downtime between him changing his forms that you can keep up the healing.

the DPS check in the warp zone seems pretty strict, my folks wiped to it the first time and escaped with 1 second the next. But that's something that's gonna differ based on average ilvl and how many folks enter it as a corpse.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
This is a very good patch. Minus alliance loot, but still, everything else is aces.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only bad things about this patch are alliance loot, the lack of Heaven on High, and the confirmation of no ivalice moogles.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Meiteron posted:

I respect and appreciate SE making the Ridorana gear so unspeakably ugly that no one will be bothered by the fact that everyone is gonna steal the MNK/SAM gear instead.

Me? Bitter?

:negative:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

My run had nearly as many people dying to the navel laser as did to deadly math. Invariably there were people standing too far away or failing to pop sprint. There's no real hard wipe mechanic other than failing add phase though so it just turned into a slog of constant rezzing and low overall dps.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I want to beat the poo poo out of AlgusArgath. Is now a good time to jump in and use a boost?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Some thoughts and speculation on a character who's being set up for something during the 4.3 MSQ ending. Spoilers involved, don't click if you haven't cleared:

I think Gosetsu's being set up to be the one who finally puts Zenos to rest.

One of the big things that drives him is the need to be needed. He was there for his family; after they were killed by the Empire, he served and protected Hien. When he lost his ability to fight he could no longer help Hien. But by that point he's occupied helping and protecting Tsuyu. With her death, he doesn't have anyone left who needs him, and if he stuck around he'd just be languishing in retirement with everyone tutting over the doddering grandpa. He couldn't handle that, and he couldn't even put up the pretense of doing so even for the sake of Tsuyu in the 4.2 MSQ cutscenes.

So now Gosetsu resolves to become an itinerant monk wandering around helping to put souls to rest. This fits with his interest in the burial customs back in the Azim Steppe, and his shade showing up in Tsukuyomi's internal struggle. So after helping Yotsuyu come to peace with herself, he realizes that there's others out there that are going to be similarly conflicted as Yotsuyu was, especially in the aftermath of a pretty serious occupation and war. Here's an opportunity for Gosetsu to still be useful to the world, to still serve and help others.

Enter Elf Zenos back from the dead and still without any purpose except to continue hunting the Warrior of Light. Zenos's actual body is back from the dead and being manipulated, but apparently at the same time his mind/soul was also brought back and never found proper rest even after an apparent climax/fulfillment of his purpose in the Royal Menagerie. It seems likely to me that the Warrior of Light is going to have to take down Ascian Zenos, but Elf Zenos is going to have to be dealt with as well. But how do you get rid of a mind/soul that can apparently body-hop like Zenos can? By putting it to rest -- cue Gosetsu , after a few months of being a wandering monk.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 23, 2018

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so are DRK's pretty good now with this patch? Feel like playing again and catching up after quitting after finishing stormblood launch story, but I only have a DRK at max level.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

quote:

FINAL FANTASY XIV was updated at the time below.

[Date & Time]
May 23, 2018 2:20 a.m. (PDT)

[Affected Service]
・FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Update Details]

◆FINAL FANTASY XIV HotFixes (May 23, 2018)◆

The following issue has been addressed.

・Opening a message book that has a new entry in it could cause the server to crash under certain conditions.

Does anyone know what the forbidden entry was that crashed entire servers?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

queeb posted:

so are DRK's pretty good now with this patch? Feel like playing again and catching up after quitting after finishing stormblood launch story, but I only have a DRK at max level.

DRK's fine and the patch mostly just smoothed out a few minor problems it had.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
With shadow wall on 2min recast and dark mind permanently at 30% DRK's mitigation suite is completely bonkers. Lot of theorycrafters are saying it's gonna be the preferred MT for the next Savage tier.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t usually jump on trains but after hearing my statics drk rave about the changes I’m starting to think they may actually be a bit op now.

I ok with it, tbh. Let the coolest class be the best class for a while

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Thundarr posted:

My run had nearly as many people dying to the navel laser as did to deadly math. Invariably there were people standing too far away or failing to pop sprint. There's no real hard wipe mechanic other than failing add phase though so it just turned into a slog of constant rezzing and low overall dps.

My run had a lot of people getting used to the math, but the pelvic laser really, really hurts. Plus, there were too many times where people got the marker in the giant electric cog phase, and then just explode for 46k damage.

In comparison, the last boss was a lot easier one people realized they can just follow him when he’s charging around, and when tanks stopped getting 90% of the raid petrified by turning the boss.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sarrisan posted:

I don’t usually jump on trains but after hearing my statics drk rave about the changes I’m starting to think they may actually be a bit op now.

They are far from op, and WAR is still better as a MT, but the changes were nice and shored up a couple problems.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm really appreciating how many laughs I've gotten out of this patch between the new beast tribe lead-in and the solo duty that comes after the new dungeon.

I absolutely love the sarcastic/sick-of-this-poo poo WoL moments.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

MechaX posted:

My run had a lot of people getting used to the math, but the pelvic laser really, really hurts. Plus, there were too many times where people got the marker in the giant electric cog phase, and then just explode for 46k damage.

In comparison, the last boss was a lot easier one people realized they can just follow him when he’s charging around, and when tanks stopped getting 90% of the raid petrified by turning the boss.

The tanks have nothing to do with petrifying the raid, Yiazmat turns himself for that.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I am guessing that the elf rear end in a top hat is the previous body and somehow (Zenos was a Cyber-Echotype IIRC) Zenos managed to latch onto it when his own body got jacked.

I haven't compared the eyes, but I think it is Estinien. Recall, he made a brief appearance around the time you engage Zenos in Royal Managerie.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I'm really appreciating how many laughs I've gotten out of this patch between the new beast tribe lead-in and the solo duty that comes after the new dungeon.

I absolutely love the sarcastic/sick-of-this-poo poo WoL moments.

I guess having Tataru being pubbie-level bad at doing mechanics was a nice touch.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Enter Elf Zenos back from the dead and still without any purpose except to continue hunting the Warrior of Light. Zenos's actual body is back from the dead and being manipulated, but apparently at the same time his mind/soul was also brought back and never found proper rest even after an apparent climax/fulfillment of his purpose in the Royal Menagerie. It seems likely to me that the Warrior of Light is going to have to take down Ascian Zenos, but Elf Zenos is going to have to be dealt with as well. But how do you get rid of a mind/soul that can apparently body-hop like Zenos can?

If Zenos' mind and body are separate antagonists now, it's virtually a requirement that they meet up at some point. Body hopping back into his own body and kicking Elidibus out through sheer force of will would be a pretty amazing setup to a showdown fight.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

The Electronaut posted:

I haven't compared the eyes, but I think it is Estinien. Recall, he made a brief appearance around the time you engage Zenos in Royal Managerie.

Pretty sure Estinien doesn't murder innocents.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Sade posted:

Pretty sure Estinien doesn't murder innocents.

They mean the body, I think. Ho boy now THERE'S some implications, gently caress.

TooManyUzukis fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 23, 2018

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

TooManyUzukis posted:

He means the body, I think. Ho boy now THERE'S some implications, gently caress.

"Good thing I showed up to destroy the eyes. Wouldn't want anyone getting possessed by a lingering spirit aga-"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gruckles posted:

"Good thing I showed up to destroy the eyes. Wouldn't want anyone getting possessed by a lingering spirit aga-"

I kind of hope it isn't this because Estinien's possessed again! becoming a running gag would drag down everything else. But it's probably Estinien just by virtue of him being the only elf dude we see around the time Zenos gave himself a tracheotomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Electronaut posted:

Oh jeez I didn't consider that