Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

It's not - it's pretty clear that it is Nagash and he's essentially turning this disgruntled guy into a Knight of Shrouds by having him betray the city he's supposed to be defending. Also, Settra wasn't a "wizard-king" and the line 'Hands such as yours will open the way, until Sigmar and his golden fools are put back in their place forever more.' just screams Nagash.

Time to be sad on the internet!

(I'm kidding there are way more pressing priorities for AoS rather than making yet another model line)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Deleter posted:

(I'm kidding there are way more pressing priorities for AoS rather than making yet another model line)
We can always hope. It might be tough now that GW is trying to make the races in AoS very unique, so "Egyptian Skeletons" might be a little too generic for them to work with, but who knows. Maybe Warhammer Legends will bring the TKs back into the fold.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

berzerkmonkey posted:

We can always hope. It might be tough now that GW is trying to make the races in AoS very unique, so "Egyptian Skeletons" might be a little too generic for them to work with, but who knows. Maybe Warhammer Legends will bring the TKs back into the fold.

I feel like the thing to focus on in any Tomb Kings relaunch is the Constructs rather than the skeletons. poo poo like the the Necrosphynx and Ushabti can fill the same role as Witch Elves and Cauldrons of Blood did in the Daughters of Khaine launch.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I'd want foot soldier mummies. Neat as 100 skeletons with snake bows is their goofy rear end big heads are hard not to notice especially with that many dead grins to look at.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The best way to handle legacy armies is follow the Legions of Nagash model. Just one big general catch-all army.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

AnEdgelord posted:

I feel like the thing to focus on in any Tomb Kings relaunch is the Constructs rather than the skeletons. poo poo like the the Necrosphynx and Ushabti can fill the same role as Witch Elves and Cauldrons of Blood did in the Daughters of Khaine launch.

Let's face it, we all know, deep within our hearts, what they're gonna riff off for new Tomb Kings.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

holy poo poo I'd forgotten this ever existed, I loved this as a kid

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just realized we got Art of Slannesh.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Holy poo poo, I didn't notice that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I actually like the Eye of Terror in her heart, and will accept her escape into 40k as a completely OK reason not to have Slaanesh in AoS.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Corrode posted:

holy poo poo I'd forgotten this ever existed, I loved this as a kid

I kid slightly, but being Death's heavy infantry and war machine faction is a good niche for them.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Hi all,

I have a giant pile of big hat style chaos dwarfs.
I know there were some legion of azgorh battle scrolls made, but what would be the best way to use these in AoS?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Isn't the whole thing re TKs that GW want to move away from aping real people and cultures?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

JBP posted:

Isn't the whole thing re TKs that GW want to move away from aping real people and cultures?

I've never heard any offical statements to that effect, but I'm struggling to think of any post-end times releases that contradict that

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It was more to move away from imagery that was legally harder to defend.

So less off-brand King Arthur, more Bloodbound Axechoppers.

Most of the historical flavor left with the Perry twins, unfortunately.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I bought a box of black orks a decade ago, for a 40k conversion. I've been out of the games since then.

If I was to paint 'em up for Sigmar, what would they count as?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Team_q posted:

I bought a box of black orks a decade ago, for a 40k conversion. I've been out of the games since then.

If I was to paint 'em up for Sigmar, what would they count as?

Ironjawz, probably.

This is what they look like in the start collecting box:

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Yellow eh??

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
They have different clans within, thats just their flagship color.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

For_Great_Justice posted:

They have different clans within, thats just their flagship color.

Yeah, basically all the good marine schemes have ork clans. I particularly like Iron Orks with a dark metal scheme.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I really disliked the yellow for along time, but the more I see it, the more I realize that it is visually appealing and really stands out. I wanted to do red for a while, then it clicked that, while the 40K Orks look fine, AoS Orcs look like Christmas came to town - it might be the armor to skin ratio. I then thought about beaten dark metal armor, with maybe some smattering of heavily weathered and chipped yellow, but I think I'm just going to go all out yellow with chipping/weathering at this point.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
DoK preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/23/faction-focus-daughters-of-khaine/

Realms also now have unique artifacts. Sounds like they are really making the realm choice integral, but you'll need to know what realm you are in for list building.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Get this realm poo poo outta here.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I've painted all my Ironjawz armour in dark, grimy metal. It looks pretty great, and is easy as hell to do.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

My 40k Boyz were done in tans/leather for all cloth and a ramshakle assortment of metals, very Gorkamorka inspired. Lots of black/brown wash.
So my plan right now for these fellows is either Orcs in rusty metals or Chipped and distressed metal with haphazard black paint.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Chipped, worn matte black armour with yellow accents including checks and dags is the best scheme.

Just like 40k Orks

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm pretty happy with my iornjawz scheme.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TKIY posted:

DoK preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/23/faction-focus-daughters-of-khaine/

Realms also now have unique artifacts. Sounds like they are really making the realm choice integral, but you'll need to know what realm you are in for list building.

I am hoping that guys like the Battle Wizards always have access to all the spells of the Realm they represent.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

"I want to play in Ulgu!"
"I want to play in Shyish!"

Be interesting to see how GW circumvents that argument.

Luminaflare posted:

I'm pretty happy with my iornjawz scheme.

drat you, now red is an option again...

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I've painted all my Ironjawz armour in dark, grimy metal. It looks pretty great, and is easy as hell to do.
Photo?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I hope it is more like, "Oh, my Khaine Cult is from the Beast Universe, so the Slaughter Priest has this rad magic club."

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Miles O'Brian posted:

Chipped, worn matte black armour with yellow accents including checks and dags is the best scheme.

Just like 40k Orks

Orks are ska as gently caress

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I hope it is more like, "Oh, my Khaine Cult is from the Beast Universe, so the Slaughter Priest has this rad magic club."

Yeah thats how I hope it works.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Are Ogre Kingdoms even a thing anymore? Last time I was really into Warhammer, they were brand new, but it seems like they're mostly legacy?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Ogres got mostly split up into Gutbusters (foot-slogging Ogres+Gnoblars) and Beastclaw Raiders (everything mounted on a monster+Hunters and Yhetees). They also go lumped in with the Destruction allegiance so they can freely ally with Orcs and Goblins.
Out of these two Beastclaws have gotten the most attention with a full armybook and a very drat good starter box. They're honestly one of the strongest factions atm.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Team_q posted:

Are Ogre Kingdoms even a thing anymore? Last time I was really into Warhammer, they were brand new, but it seems like they're mostly legacy?

They have largely been cut into two factions. The Beastclaw Raiders and the Gutbusters. The Beastclaws so far have gotten the most support.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
So, I'm up to 30 Arkanauts, five Thunderers, three Endrinriggers, a Gun Hauler, Admiral, and Endrinmaster. Is it worth grabbing another start collecting kharadon box to fluff up the gunline a bit and get another boat, or would I better served going straight for a bigger boat and a navigator? Just in a general sense. The starter box is a great value and more thunderers seems extremely good, along with another hauler and endrinmaster to keep the haulers patched up. The skywardens/riggers seem kinda "eh" though?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Paint and wait a month for the updated rules?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Just cell phone pics but you get the idea.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Those are some good rear end Orks.

dexefiend posted:

Paint and wait a month for the updated rules?

What is this "paint" of which you speak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The more stuff they put out, the more I assume the realm rules are for narrative games as opposed to matched play. That way you'd theoretically know what realm you're fighting in before hand because it's part of a story.

• Locked thread