Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I can imagine Fieri with the glitter sprinkles now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
Is that the guy on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Douchebags?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

poolside toaster posted:

Is that the guy on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Douchebags?

yep, he's the douchebag part of the show.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Found a Horizons pin at the Lodge that I was able to trade for :dance:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Apparently there is now an after fireworks dessert party. Food looks more up my alley so I might switch. Doing after hours so I’ll be in the park late anyways.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

yep, he's the douchebag part of the show.

Guy Fieri is good

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

on one hand there is definitely something to be said for saying "hey, crappy food can be good too"

also he cooked the eggs for mr mouth, which is the last time SA was relevant.

on the other hand it is quite the gimmick.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
How young is too young for a shoulder banshee?

I want to get my friends kids one. They are 4 and 8. I think the 8 year old would like it but ..... I dunno for sure

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

How young is too young for a shoulder banshee?

I want to get my friends kids one. They are 4 and 8. I think the 8 year old would like it but ..... I dunno for sure

I've seen 4 and 5 year olds running around with them in the park. Outside of the park, I dunno.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I think they're a bit expensive for a 4 year old, only because I don't think they'd be careful enough with it, but I don't think they're technically inappropriate for those ages.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
As a 30 year old man I think the banshees are too small because mine doesn't fit on me very well what is this poo poo DISNEY :argh:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
His name is Bo and he hangs out with me next to my computer.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Renegret posted:

As a 30 year old man I think the banshees are too small because mine doesn't fit on me very well what is this poo poo DISNEY :argh:

Get a real big hat.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I am totally going to adopt one of those banshees.

So I had to call up and adjust my hotel reservation. The cast member was absolutely brilliant and I got the confirmation of my adjustment through by email - but I'd previously linked it to MDE and MDE still reflects the previous booking date. I take it that's something I can ignore, right? Or will it update in time to reflect the new dates, does anyone know?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Iymarra posted:

I am totally going to adopt one of those banshees.

So I had to call up and adjust my hotel reservation. The cast member was absolutely brilliant and I got the confirmation of my adjustment through by email - but I'd previously linked it to MDE and MDE still reflects the previous booking date. I take it that's something I can ignore, right? Or will it update in time to reflect the new dates, does anyone know?

It usually takes awhile to show up with the updated reservation. I would give it a week of checking each day. If it isn’t fixed by then, can’t hurt to ask Disney to ensure the change was made.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

So FaTF wasn't good, but it wasn't the absolute boring nightmare ride the reviews are claiming. It was ok, just nothing special really. Worth a ride but probably wouldn't go again.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
ok so banshee for the 8 year old.... then what for the 4 year old? He is obsessed with Coco and Moana right now, but there doesn't seem to be much great Coco merch. And its hard to match the banshee in terms of coolness factor.

Hrm. he also likes Spiderman. Maybe I'll get him something at universal

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Plenty of Spiderman stuff at Disney Springs as well, though I can't recommend any specific items. There's a great Heihei plush if the 4 year old is into those.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/DisneyParks/status/999081462107459586?s=19

Tick tock. Also late Fall is like December

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah that's gonna be a 2020 spring slip 99%

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah that's gonna be a 2020 spring slip 99%

I can see them pushing ungodly hard for the Episode IX tie in factor

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think this fits with our current visit schedule, so I'm happy

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Hey, they finally started listening to me about debuting things in summer while most of the Annual Assholes are blocked - just think of the number of tickets they're going to sell to people with passes! $$$$$ on top of $$$$$, baby!

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

poolside toaster posted:

most of the Annual Assholes are blocked - just think of the number of tickets they're going to sell to people with passes

Why use the phrase “Annual Assholes” when you have the perfectly good portmanteau “Passholes” available?

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Grundulum posted:

Why use the phrase “Annual Assholes” when you have the perfectly good portmanteau “Passholes” available?

Zut alors! Thankyouthankyouthankyou

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poolside toaster posted:

Hey, they finally started listening to me about debuting things in summer while most of the Annual Assholes are blocked - just think of the number of tickets they're going to sell to people with passes! $$$$$ on top of $$$$$, baby!

They announced it early enough that everyone will upgrade their pass for next year

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm hoping "late fall" means "during the last couple weekends of food and wine fest" so I can really get my disney crazy on with MNSSHP, Galaxy's Edge, MVMCP, and F&W in some kind of crazed marathon of overspending and general debauchery.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I’m curious why they only did 2 rides in Toy Story Land (I’m not counting TSM) and 2 in Galaxy’s Edge. And 2 in Pandora. I would think they would want to spread the crowd mechanics a bit.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Anya posted:

I’m curious why they only did 2 rides in Toy Story Land (I’m not counting TSM) and 2 in Galaxy’s Edge. And 2 in Pandora. I would think they would want to spread the crowd mechanics a bit.

rides are expensive

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Passholes is such a beautiful word.

Dining reservations for crystal palace and be our guest dropped this morning for MNSSHP and MVMCP if anyone was waiting on getting those. No CRT yet.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Anya posted:

I'd rather then spend their time with ride development than churn out underwhelming crap. That said I am still skeptical about Toy Story, but we will see what reports are once we get some people on rides.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Slink coaster looks legit great. I'm super excited for that. More family friendly coasters is always welcome since they hit the sweet spot for pretty much everyone.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A bunch of WDW press people got a hard hat tour of Toy Story Land last night. Lots of YouTubers out there with their take on it.

I personally am really excited for it. Not as much as Galaxy's Edge or even how excited I was for Pandora but maybe just because it's finally something new in HS.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just a weird fact I just saw on Google Now. Netflix is officially worth more than Disney.

Netflix's market value is now $153.1 billion. Disney's market cap as of Thursday afternoon was $152 billion. Who knew?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anya posted:

Budget got cut pretty hardcore I think

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah Pandora was a mess from the start and even before release they were trying to downplay it because Disney Pr made it out to be something it wasn’t. I told the story before but like the week before pandora came out they took us into a room and told us basically to let people know it’s just a small thing and not a brand new park lol. So I thin kDisney was very careful with Toy Story Land not to ty to do that again.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah Pandora was a mess from the start and even before release they were trying to downplay it because Disney Pr made it out to be something it wasn’t. I told the story before but like the week before pandora came out they took us into a room and told us basically to let people know it’s just a small thing and not a brand new park lol. So I thin kDisney was very careful with Toy Story Land not to ty to do that again.

TSL was literally twice the size in original concept displays (and a thousand times more promising but, oh well. It happens).

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that ones definitely budgetary but I think the PR machine is way less on TSL than Pandora

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Every time a new land opens people will think it's a new park. How many people still go to Universal and ask for "Harry Potter World?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I’ve been meaning to ask his for a while but keep forgetting - do they have some prepared explanation of why guests don’t need masks to not die in Pandora? Like, “humans can’t breathe pandoran air” is one of the few plot points in that movie.

Obviously the actual answer is “you’re in Florida” but surely they have a better answer if a kid asks about it.