Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I just beat BP2 for the first time thanks to Clawtopsy, Marie is my hero forever and also all the support wavers on my friend's list refuse to put an event CE on so my damage had been super bad :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

This week's a pretty good week to bust out d'Eon, if you have them. Arts based setup and a 3-turn taunt with class advantage on the hands. Plus their NP is a decent debuff. I beat 3BP just now d'Eon/Waver/Caesar as my frontline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KX9GFCmQA

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Tired Moritz posted:

raid events are so boring!! who's a good saber to deal with this lancer day?

We all know who the answer is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

halokiller posted:

We all know who the answer is.

saber gilles

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Any AOE Saber will work in general. Luckily there are a lot of them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also in the end it's not necessary in any way to 100% clear an event and this event should be the wake up call for such. There's a reason that this event requires the player to have cleared America, while Journey to the West (which should be next) only requires them to have completed Fuyuki. This is very much meant to be the hardest possible content thus far.

For this round, I replaced Orion with Umu Bride in my arts team and it hasn't missed a beat so far. Otherwise I would probably build a team around Rama.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I tried swapping Jalter out for Best Girl and while I can indeed Dai Shouri all over banana my team really misses the ability to block Banana's atk buffs.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I wish there was a middle ground between the 2BP and 3BP. Jalter My team can deal out about 2.5m-3m damage in a run, but Ibaraki dishes out enough damage that even George, Leo, Cu, and Iron Kouhai can't hold the line long enough to pull through to the end, and no amount of defense buffs seems to help - she just fires off too many OHKOs. I wouldn't necessarily mind being stuck on the 2BP, but grinding out 15m damage in a day for the missions is going to be pretty dull and rice-ball-intensive that way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They do have a middle, called the rerun

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okita banner back, literally the biggest bait possible for okita alter

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Main Paineframe posted:

I wish there was a middle ground between the 2BP and 3BP. Jalter My team can deal out about 2.5m-3m damage in a run, but Ibaraki dishes out enough damage that even George, Leo, Cu, and Iron Kouhai can't hold the line long enough to pull through to the end, and no amount of defense buffs seems to help - she just fires off too many OHKOs. I wouldn't necessarily mind being stuck on the 2BP, but grinding out 15m damage in a day for the missions is going to be pretty dull and rice-ball-intensive that way.

It's not going to need a lot of riceballs, you get 12 million damage just out of one day's natural BP regen. Unless you're struggling to beat the 2BP, I guess.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't like today because my main source of damage is Robin Hood and he keeps getting nuked down by the hands

very rude. let's go back to assassin day

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tomorrow is Sabers, right?

Might eat a couple of jelly donuts and try to get the 300 million DP out of the way fast. They're the easy ones.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm the guy who's still making his way through story content and struggling to get full class coverage from free quartz

Just saved up 30 today and excitedly did a Grand Summon, and the only new servant I received was Boudica. Two Boudicas, actually. And I don't need Riders, because I'm already running Martha. :shepface: drat, this game's gacha is harsh.

I'm not even tempted to buy quartz over it either because doing a full GS would cost me $24 and I'm not at all confident the result would get me anything the slightest bit useful to me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's a paid gacha next month that's basically 30 bucks for a free SSR (a very good one if you pick from the good batch)

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?
Unironically getting my rear end kicked by Ibaraki in the 3BP fight and barely scraping by with a victory by the skin of my teeth is the most fun I've had in FGO so far.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah Man posted:

Unironically getting my rear end kicked by Ibaraki in the 3BP fight and barely scraping by with a victory by the skin of my teeth is the most fun I've had in FGO so far.

Conversely, fighting Jeanne Alter at the end of the Orleans story chapter and absolutely ruining her with an all-Berserker party after having had to listen to her angsty bullshit ever since right after finishing the tutorial chapter was extremely satisfying

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

loquacius posted:

Conversely, fighting Jeanne Alter at the end of the Orleans story chapter and absolutely ruining her with an all-Berserker party after having had to listen to her angsty bullshit ever since right after finishing the tutorial chapter was extremely satisfying

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
OG Saber is doing real good for me

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Looked at the surprise Okita banner over on JP, tossed two tickets at it, got a 3* CE and a Medea that I didn't need out of it. Decided to toss a few bucks at the game to bring me up to 30 SQ and tossed in a 10-roll just to see what would happen.

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/999314665367834624

Sabers love me on my JP account for some reason.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

It's not going to need a lot of riceballs, you get 12 million damage just out of one day's natural BP regen. Unless you're struggling to beat the 2BP, I guess.

Not gonna be able to use the entire day's worth of BP, and I wasted all my morning BP trying to beat the 3BP. I'll probably only get 8-10 million out of regular BP recharge and have to use riceballs for the rest. And then repeat it for the rest of the event, probably, now that each day is only one day and the damage benchmarks are rising.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
3BP oni dropped my Cu because poor doggo couldn't manage to dish out that last 1,200 damage with four-swings. Feels bad man.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

W.T. Fits posted:

Looked at the surprise Okita banner over on JP, tossed two tickets at it, got a 3* CE and a Medea that I didn't need out of it. Decided to toss a few bucks at the game to bring me up to 30 SQ and tossed in a 10-roll just to see what would happen.

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/999314665367834624

Sabers love me on my JP account for some reason.

you can get the 3* exp ce from the gacha?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No, that 3* ce has an actual effect, it's not pure exp fodder.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I'm still unsure how to handle the 6M HP Ibaraki. I'm not going to try today, since I'm running the standard Orion/Tamamo/Waver frontline and the hands having advantage on Orion is probably too much, but even without that, Ibaraki will still deal like 4000 HP a hit, and my healing can't really keep up. I'm at the point where 1M HP is a cakewalk- if I fully buff Orion, Tri-Star at the end of the NP chain deals about 1.2 million- but I can't see charging up enough NP to consistently outheal the damage she puts out.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Oh wow, the raid was completed right as I was about to do the 3BP again. That's nice, I've never been online when it's been done.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Rogue 7 posted:

I'm still unsure how to handle the 6M HP Ibaraki. I'm not going to try today, since I'm running the standard Orion/Tamamo/Waver frontline and the hands having advantage on Orion is probably too much, but even without that, Ibaraki will still deal like 4000 HP a hit, and my healing can't really keep up. I'm at the point where 1M HP is a cakewalk- if I fully buff Orion, Tri-Star at the end of the NP chain deals about 1.2 million- but I can't see charging up enough NP to consistently outheal the damage she puts out.
My usual Orion/Waver/Tamamo run goes as follows:

-Wave 1, hit Orion w/ +30% NP from Waver, try to build NP on everyone while minimalizing killing the mooks. RNG can screw you here but usually I can leave with everyone around ~70% charged
-Ibaraki time. Immediately slap the def. boosting skills (besides Orion's) on and do your best to build NP some more on the hands. You should hopefully have everyone at 90% after this.
-Nuking time. Put on all attack buffs (should get everyone to 100%), Fox Wedding on Orion, and fire off Waver-Orion-Tamamo NPs in that order. If you can't do all three NPs, then wait another turn until you can. The important part is to only throw the attack buffs on when you are ready so that their duration lines up with the first turn being the first turn you nuke.
-This is an important point in my runs, because if I'm lucky I will be able to do an Arts chain with Orion. The +30% skill from Waver should now be back up, so if you feel that you can put that on Orion and get them back to 100% NP by the end of the turn, do so. Congrats the next turn you have just nuked Ibaraki a second time while all attack buffs (minus probably the mystic code) are up.
-At this point I usually play defense and try to kill the hands, trying to get their HP low enough to kill without actually killing them. Then when the left hand (3 turn fellow) is ready to NP, I try to kill both at once because killing the right hand moves your next attack over to the left. If I plan accordingly I will only ever kill them when I want to, and thus can stun Ibaraki on said turn to prevent her from using 2 turns that round.
-Once the hands are down it's just a matter of doing my best to reel off Tamamo NPs (IMO more important than Waver's at this stage) to keep people alive and get back to a situation where Orion is ready to NP with Fox Wedding ready. At some point Ibaraki will probably be ready to NP herself, which is when I bring in Mash to taunt it and give +20% to someone.

The rest I play by ear, but usually by then Ibaraki is down about 75% with 3-5 turns left and it's usually not too difficult to get one last Orion NP in there. I'd say I have about a 80% success rate with defeating Ibaraki in this strategy.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 23, 2018

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Rogue 7 posted:

Put Tamamo's NP at the end of any NP chain. Half the point of it is to get like 25% bar with it after everyone has emptied their gauges to get that much closer to NPing again, and all you get from overcharging Orion's NP further is an overkill reduction in crit chance.

That aside, it shouldn't be so bad. Tamamo should permanently be taking only 50% damage from Ibaraki (assuming you cycle her shapeshift and Waver's defense buffs so she's always benefitting from DEF Up and fire off Orion's NP periodically) and Orion has two different ways of making herself invulnerable to damage, plus Waver's NP should be stunning banana from time to time. Waver taking damage is your main failpoint, but you can work around it. If the banana is really choking you with overkill damage, consider using a taunter like George to come in and take three rounds worth of damage so everyone else can recover their CDs. The key is to use your plugsuit stun and control tools carefully to make sure she doesn't get to play, and to hit the 3m and 1.2m lines consistently so she wastes attacks applying a pointless debuff.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nate RFB posted:

-Once the hands are down it's just a matter of doing my best to reel off Tamamo NPs (IMO more important than Waver's at this stage) to keep people alive and get back to a situation where Orion is ready to NP with Fox Wedding ready. At some point Ibaraki will probably be ready to NP herself, which is when I bring in Mash to taunt it and give +20% to someone.

This is one of the most important points about Tamamo-centric strategies. Building up Tamamo NP is usually priority 1 or 2. Even in the ultimate Caster stalling team of Tamamo, Waver, Merlin she is the usually the most important person to NP charge.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Trihugger posted:

This is one of the most important points about Tamamo-centric strategies. Building up Tamamo NP is usually priority 1 or 2. Even in the ultimate Caster stalling team of Tamamo, Waver, Merlin she is the usually the most important person to NP charge.

I think the only situation it isn't The Most Important Thing in is if you have Archuria and are going in for the kill with NP spam, honestly. Tamamo is like, really crucial to arts teams. She's the engine that keeps em running.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Rogue 7 posted:

I switched from Orion/Tamamo/Waver to Nero/Tamamo/Waver + plugsuit with Orion in the backline (though any AoE Saber should do). Nero kills the hands then let Orion take care of Ibaraki.

My strategy before was keeping Orion and Tamamo alive (let Waver be the sacrificial lamb), kill the hand with the 3-turn NP charge as soon as possible (for me it's easier to juggle NP charges with just the other hand + Ibaraki), and the usual arts chaining and Fox Wedding shenanigans. I do use Atlas over Plugsuit however. The 2-turn cooldown is usually for when Waver's about to croak and I need his buffs before he dies (or when I need Tamamo's NP drain + Fox Wedding) and the invincibility skill for Tamamo for whenever Ibaraki actually fires her NP.

My CEs are MLB Ushi on Orion, 2x MLB Carps (one from support), and an extra Carp.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally managed to survive a 3BP. Thought I was toast when Jalter got picked for the NP, but I was lucky with skills reactivating at just the right time. Mash....you are the greatest kouhai.:unsmith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I looked at the 3BP one and watched people during Acen bully the banana with the Localizer's team (Gil, Waver, Shakespeare, Mashu and some other person i forgot) and the fact that so many of them were able to successfully stall her out just kinda spooked me.

I'd have a good stall team too if 5* casters actually liked me. :( I'll just stick to breaking her 1Mil apart with Double Jalter and Okita.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Ey I got Okita in a single ticket, rad. Now my quartz is safe for Lostbelt Lancer/Summer.

Meanwhile in NA the last gold servant I got was NP3 Hercules like 4 months ago, but I'll take E-Rank luck on NA in exchange for the frankly absurd luck I've had on JP lately.

3BP hasn't been super fun though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tae posted:

There's a paid gacha next month that's basically 30 bucks for a free SSR (a very good one if you pick from the good batch)

Yeah if you don't pick from the cavalry you're loving up.

waver
vlad
tom
drake
jack
cu alter
medb
xuanzang
ozy
flo

is a hella stacked group

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 23, 2018

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Kild posted:

Yeah if you don't pick from the cavalry you're loving up.

waver
vlad
tom
drake
jack
cu alter
medb
xuanzang
ozy

is a hella stacked group

Who's Tom?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

I will presume they meant Tamamo no Mae.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Edison

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

before tomago, you also know her as tomcat's alter ego

he's a 4*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So you're fishing for 1/9 chance out of all these? For some reason I thought it was class specific.