Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Thanks to everyone that answered my gold making question above!

Regarding Summerset, is there anything to know before jumping in? I'm only level 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I'm only level 20.
Due to One Tamriel and its level scaling everythere this will not matter at all.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

new expansion is making it hard to continue my chronological playthrough, wanna do the zones in order and poo poo but new stuff is always better

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Do we just log in and have a quest inviting us to the new zone, or...? I'm at work for 3 more hours

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Ideally you would probably want to finish the vanilla Main Quest, Morrowind Main Quest, and Clockwork City for stuff to flow best and catch all the references, though like all the DLC it's written in a way that it can take place at any time

gameplay wise everything scales so yeah go nuts

Sab669 posted:

Do we just log in and have a quest inviting us to the new zone, or...? I'm at work for 3 more hours

from the patch notes

quote:

Summerset is a new Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online, suitable for characters of all levels. You can travel to Summerset by a few different means:

Use a Wayshrine to travel directly there
Create a new character and complete the tutorial
Accept “The Queens Decree” quest from the Stories section in the Collections UI

There should also be boats/navigators in Devon's Watch, Daggerfall, Skywatch (iirc), and the capitol cities of Mournhold, Wayrest, and Eldenroot

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 21, 2018

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whats a fun melee dps build? not really feeling magblade a ton as ranged.

stamDK any good?

queeb fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 21, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
:toot: Glad to hear it's dropping today; too bad I just started Morrowind, but whatever.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Does anyone know if the pre-order bonus is still available? I might have taken a break and thought this was coming out in June, not realizing the PC version was coming out today. Oops!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Moral_Hazard posted:

:toot: Glad to hear it's dropping today; too bad I just started Morrowind, but whatever.

Same boat...eh, screw it, do Summerset, get those sweet CP, and make an alt to do vanilla/Morrowind/Clockwork.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Moral_Hazard posted:

Unless you really want one of the zone item sets, aside from picking up the Psijic skill line (which you can gain access to and fully level in the course of a couple hours) there honestly aren't a ton of reasons to pick up shop and head to Summerset if you want to do other things first. Take your time!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I'm in Coldharbor on my main so I'm at least going to finish that first. Maybe do Morrowind after. I haven't fully decided but Morrowind was one of the bigger reasons I've been revisiting this.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

A few of us were running the Volenfell pledge the other day and somehow the fear effect animation bugged out, so I spent the rest of the dungeon looking like I was in the middle of blowing my nose.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DisposableHero posted:

I'm in Coldharbor on my main so I'm at least going to finish that first. Maybe do Morrowind after. I haven't fully decided but Morrowind was one of the bigger reasons I've been revisiting this.

I’m almost done with coldharbor and the main questline but gently caress it that’ll be fun to return to later I need new and shiny.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

queeb posted:

whats a fun melee dps build? not really feeling magblade a ton as ranged.

stamDK any good?

im playing an dw/bow orc stamina templar and its pretty fun. its my first character so it was pretty rough in the beginning. jabs and power of the light are prettymuch the only templar skills im using right now but they gently caress poo poo up. youll probably need to grind out vigor in cyrodil for solo play healing though

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Can't wait to get home from work and start obsessing over jewelry crafting, I mean, exploring Summerset or whatever.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The breach sealing quests suck but on the plus side being an unwanted foreigner and stabbing snooty elves is good. :ese:

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Snowy posted:

I’m almost done with coldharbor and the main questline but gently caress it that’ll be fun to return to later I need new and shiny.

How long does it take to finish Coldharbor anyway? I'm very nearly through with all the stuff in the bottom half where you save people and collect those shards.

Stupendous Man
Jan 10, 2008
Defender of Freedom! Advocate of Liberty!
Can I get an invite to Chill Bros Chat Lounge? My username is @JangoJunkie. Thanks!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

The new Divine Prosecutor motif is sexy as gently caress

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 22, 2018

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
on the ps4 version of eso if i buy the morrowind upgrade digital but i have the physical gold edition how does playing the game work, do i still need to insert the disc & are they compatible

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe
Yeah, you'll still have to use your disc, and your digital upgrade will work just fine with your version. The disc just works as an authentication key for ESO on your system. You can ditch your disc by buying a full version of ESO off the PSN store, and you'd still have Morrowind and/or Summerset if you've bought them because they're attached to your PSN account. I considered spending the extra $20 to do that during the Summerset preorder and I'm still kind of annoyed that I didn't.

ShallowKnave fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 23, 2018

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Sony is running a sale that has ESO Morrowind available for $13, and I just want to clarify what exactly I get if I buy that, or what else I would need to buy? I'm not sure I'd actually be into the game, but for that price I'm willing to give it a shot!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So I just picked this up, doing some quick research it looks like all of the good damage setups basically require you to use dual wielding? Or is that standard mmo community exaggeration

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
I just got ESO + the Morrowind expansion for under 10bux on PS4. Rolled a dark elf and got a nostalgia explosion in the hold of the ship to Seyda Neen (which then got derailed, but oh well). I'm not sure if I can get into another MMO, but I love Elder Scrolls and the price is right for a trial run.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

Sony is running a sale that has ESO Morrowind available for $13, and I just want to clarify what exactly I get if I buy that, or what else I would need to buy? I'm not sure I'd actually be into the game, but for that price I'm willing to give it a shot!

Morrowind is still free with the purchase of Summerset (technically still a pre-purchase as it has only pre-launched), so $13 is actually kind of steep compared to $0. Anybody "discounting" it right now is trying to fleece you.

Neither of these expansions includes the base game, but that tends to be pretty cheap. At least they don't include it by default, but there might be bundles out there. I don't know if the Sony deal you're talking about is a game+expansion bundle, but either way paying for Morrowind right now is a bad move.

If you just want to try it out, try the basic game first.

The game rules though, it's definitely worth trying.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Hivac posted:

So I just picked this up, doing some quick research it looks like all of the good damage setups basically require you to use dual wielding? Or is that standard mmo community exaggeration

For stamdps yes, for mag, you need staves!

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe

Swan Lake Algae Problem posted:

The $11.99 option includes a license for the base game, plus the Morrowind Chapter included.*
The $9.99 option is just the Morrowind Chapter, for which you will need the base game to play.
The $39.99 option gives you the base game, the Morrowind Chapter, and the Summerset Chapter (in two weeks).**
The $79.99 option includes the base game, The Morrowind Chapter, the Summerset Chapter, and the first 4 DLC lands (The Imperial City, Orisnium, Thieves' Guild, The Dark Brotherhood)

* From here on out, this is the base digital game purchase. There is no longer a "Chapterless ESO" for sale online, though discs still exist in the wild.
** When Summerset was revealed, they had a "limited time offer" that included the Morrowind Chapter as a preorder bonus for Summerset, but since the Morrowind Chapter is now being baked into the base game purchase, it's safe to assume that any package that includes the base game will also include the Morrowind Chapter as well.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Aramek posted:

disappointing but i guess i'm not terribly surprised

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Hivac posted:

disappointing but i guess i'm not terribly surprised
2-handers give you amazing aoe damage in PvE and are also good in PvP.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone else get an instant crash on startup ever since the Summerset patch? It's after I hit "play" on the launcher, game launches and instantly crashes out.

Figured it was due to their new and improved multicore code and sure enough, limiting the job threads fixed the problem:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "8"

Any particular order I should do content in?

I started with Orsimmar and that took me to level 14.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 24, 2018

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Aramek posted:

Isn't that going to change now that 2-handers are worth 2 set pieces?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It'll very much help 2H, yes. From where I stand, however, DW seems way easier to use, and thus people can get better DPS/sustain out of it.

Unless you are a Stamplar, in which case, JABS anyway, so use a big rear end 2H.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

People are saying 2h is still a little behind dw in ideal situations but who knows. Still if you want a bigass 2 hander you're better off now than before

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
I'm brand-spanking new to this game. If I want to solo-play and just dps everything down, what class should I be trying to play?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

2H is basically in the best spot its been for a long time, if you like swinging giant swords go for it. if youre just starting out you should level up and familiarize yourself with both anyways

NovaLion posted:

I'm brand-spanking new to this game. If I want to solo-play and just dps everything down, what class should I be trying to play?

any class can do this, just pick whatever you think sounds coolest and then decide whether you like stabbing things (stamina) or zapping things (magicka)

in terms of complexity to play id probably rank it easiest to hardest Dragon Knight/Sorcerer > Templar > Warden > Night Blade

for stamina your choices are either dual wield or two hander. you can also go bow only but that requires some reading up on how to make it work

magicka you'll use either or both fire and lightning staves.

tanking is sword and shield or frost staves

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Imo the easiest and best class for anyone new is magic Templar. Because then if you wanna go full healer or still DPS, you just use slightly different skills.

Magplar and Stamsorc make you feel like you can solo the whole world. Because you kinda can.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Aramek posted:

Magplar and Stamsorc make you feel like you can solo the whole world. Because you kinda can.

This sounds more in line with what I'm after. Is this still a viable way to do a Stamsorc? Or would a Magplar be better for someone new?

NovaLion fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 24, 2018

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Both of those are still very correct, EXCEPT don't do two swords on magplar. Most of them do double destro, but leveling destro (lightning) and resto back is very popular.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

for dw stam sorc i would probably do something like

dw: shrouded daggers (DW ability) / crushing weapon (psijic ability), blood craze (dw), rearming trap (fighters guild), hurricane (sorc), bound armaments (sorc) ultimate: flawless dawnbreaker (fighters guild) or if dont have it rend (dw ulti)
bow: poison injection (bow), endless hail (bow), caltrops (alliance war) / acid spray (bow), crit surge (sorc), bound armaments (sorc) ultimate: ballista (bow) or greater storm atronach (sorc) for something to distract enemies with

all attribute points into stam, mundus stone The Lover (or if you have good penetration The Warrior)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Do you still double-slot bound armaments now that it's a regular buff rather than a toggle? I wish the duration was a bit longer, but at least having it slotted buffs[ max stamina/LA damage.