Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

You have an Anna right there just waiting to telefrag with Naotun. :colbert:

She's really not going to cut it in AA versus +10 units.

Also that 20k is far better used on one of my billion projects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Roger Explosion posted:

Congrats you've figured out Arena Assault.

But it seems like you're at the point where "just slotting in units" is not going to cut it as you ascend the tiers, but you're basically already doing what you need to be doing: putting together teams that synergize well and can take on the meta. If that's going well with horsies and you are having fun builidng those teams, go for it. You have enough for a couple of good flier teams, so you could go in that direction. Hell, if you want to focus on dragons promote that Kana and keep an eye out for Fae.

Whatever you end up choosing, commit to it though. It's better to build one good team than to half-rear end several. Also, just know, whichever you choose, you can do little wrong. You have good units and this game is very forgiving. You have to try really hard to actually do things badly.

God, how did I forget Mae? She's attached to my Ephraim's hip and done blows things up well and nice.

I have a Fae ready to merge into a Fae that actually has good IV's (Current is -Atk +Def, but she's holding onto things like Quick Rip 2, Lancebreaker 2, Glimmer and Swap. So I'd like to merge her rather than scrap her for something else)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

What A skills are good on the original GHB girl robin? I've been putting together a gimmicky team with all Robins (including the flying Grima) and that slot is the last one I don't have any ideas for. One of the Bonds, maybe?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Onmi posted:

I have a Fae ready to merge into a Fae that actually has good IV's (Current is -Atk +Def, but she's holding onto things like Quick Rip 2, Lancebreaker 2, Glimmer and Swap. So I'd like to merge her rather than scrap her for something else)

-ATK +DEF Fae is still ok since base 30 ATK with dragon advantages (targeting RES vs melee and lower of ranged units) is still fine

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

AweStriker posted:

What A skills are good on the original GHB girl robin? I've been putting together a gimmicky team with all Robins (including the flying Grima) and that slot is the last one I don't have any ideas for. One of the Bonds, maybe?

I think TA is the only way to make her usable

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

AweStriker posted:

I put a raven tome and TA3 on her. Goodbye Reinhardt, goodbye Anne Bowlyn. Also your choice of bowbreaker/B tomebreaker.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

AweStriker posted:

She wants, a Raventome, TA, Bowbreaker, Glimmer.

Give her guaranteed ORKOs on defense against Rein/BLyn making her an excellent AA piece.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Oberndorf posted:

I put a raven tome and TA3 on her. Goodbye Reinhardt, goodbye Anne Bowlyn. Also your choice of bowbreaker/B tomebreaker.

Man I've still only ever gotten one Roy. I need to dig a few up.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Washout posted:

Selena works too. TA2 and Reposition makes for happy little killers.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Onmi posted:

That Klein is perfect IV's and has saved my bacon more times than I can count. He's staying right where he is.
Fair enough! If it's working, roll with it.

quote:

I have these units sitting in fodder (Or just general use like Olivia)

Here's a few that stick out for me:

- Eliwood's Ward Cavalry can be used for cavalry teams
- Check the IVs on that Effie. If she's -SPD, keep her because Effie's one of the best armours out there
- Gunter's Hone cavalry is vital for a bladetome cavalry team, so hold onto him
- Subaki can make for an astounding physical tank in addition to being a source for QR
- Shanna in general is wonderful for inheritance fodder
- Takumi is a good promote for Close Counter on a bulky ranged unit
- Tharja and Tailtiu! Ding! Ding! Ding! There's your bladetomes. Even the 4* version of them are great. I tend to nickel-and-dime every point of damage myself, so I'd promote them, but either way, seriously consider using these two themselves or giving their tomes to another unit. It's fantastic.
- Nowi is also one of the strongest units in the game. Consider promoting her.
- Berkut's lance is great fodder. Keep him.
- Female Robin is a good answer to both Reinhardt and Brave Lyn
- Peri has Glimmer, which is good
- Setsuna has Bowbreaker and Guard Bow, which is very good

Andrast posted:

She's really not going to cut it in AA versus +10 units.

Also that 20k is far better used on one of my billion projects
She does with Marth, Brave Lucy and NY Corrin up her rear end. :saddowns:

There is a math% chance the waifu goggles are blinding me here

Also, I wish I didn't multi-merge my 4* Legions because he would have made a good 5* project for speedy axes.

Natural 20 posted:

She wants, a Raventome, TA, Bowbreaker, Glimmer.

Give her guaranteed ORKOs on defense against Rein/BLyn making her an excellent AA piece.
I've got a F!Robin with a refined Keen Gronwolf+ that negates cavalry buffs and she's managed to best the BLyns I've put her up against. Albeit, that's only a handful when I use her in AA from time to time, but I've yet to lose to her or a Rein, so a Raventome might not even be that necessary.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 23, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Washout posted:

I have five Roys, three Selenas, three extra Barsts and two Hinatas.

I mean they'll probably get used at some point but right now they're just waiting for... something I dunno I haven't been excited about a new pullable unit since V!Hector.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

She does with Marth, Brave Lucy and NY Corrin up her rear end. :saddowns:

There is a math% chance the waifu goggles are blinding me here.

They really should let us power up the the starter trio somehow already. A weapon refine for all of them would be a good start.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

They really should let us power up the the starter trio somehow already. A weapon refine for all of them would be a good start.
That would be great. As is Naotun is good but Folkvangr and Fensalir will need some serious reworking to make Alf and Shazza viable.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

ApplesandOranges posted:

I have five Roys, three Selenas, three extra Barsts and two Hinatas.

I mean they'll probably get used at some point but right now they're just waiting for... something I dunno I haven't been excited about a new pullable unit since V!Hector.

I just have like 3 dancers that need TA and I've had 4 Selina's so the likes of celecia have ta2 and reposition but I want ta3 for those dancers.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Roger Explosion posted:

I've got a F!Robin with a refined Keen Gronwolf+ that negates cavalry buffs and she's managed to best the BLyns I've put her up against. Albeit, that's only a handful when I use her in AA from time to time, but I've yet to lose to her or a Rein, so a Raventome might not even be that necessary.

Yeah, this has been my experience so far with KGW+. She's been dealing with blue and colorless units just fine, the actual problem with the team as it stands now is there's no red units on it so an enemy team with a difficult-to-deal-with green unit can be hard to deal with if Grima is downed.

The other issues I have with giving mine the Raven Adept kit are that a) Male Robin is already doing that (my apologies for not mentioning), and b) my stock of Cecilias and Selenas is extremely dry and my stock of Roys might as well not exist since I've pulled him all of twice.

Grima is built vanilla (aside from a change in Special since she's unfortunately got a -Def superbane); the fourth Robin is a Summer Robin with Darting Blow/Desperation (for now) and a Res forge Berkut's Lance+ so that someone on the team can actually take hits from magic.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Roger Explosion posted:

That would be great. As is Naotun is good but Folkvangr and Fensalir will need some serious reworking to make Alf and Shazza viable.

They need to make them 3 and 4 star available so you can at lease promote them all to 4*+10. I mean I accidentally promoted a dude with slaying Lance instead of a firesweep and I think that was still a better use of feathers than promoting one of the trio.

Washout fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 23, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Congrats you've figured out Arena Assault.

But it seems like you're at the point where "just slotting in units" is not going to cut it as you ascend the tiers, but you're basically already doing what you need to be doing: putting together teams that synergize well and can take on the meta. If that's going well with horsies and you are having fun builidng those teams, go for it. You have enough for a couple of good flier teams, so you could go in that direction. Hell, if you want to focus on dragons promote that Kana and keep an eye out for Fae.

Whatever you end up choosing, commit to it though. It's better to build one good team than to half-rear end several. Also, just know, whichever you choose, you can do little wrong. You have good units and this game is very forgiving. You have to try really hard to actually do things badly.

God, how did I forget Mae? She's attached to my Ephraim's hip and done blows things up well and nice.

I still just send out counters, a good +0 red can still beat a +10 green or whatever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I still just send out counters, a good +0 red can still beat a +10 green or whatever

A good +10 green can also just gently caress up a ton of red units, especially if they are in an advantageous situation so you still need to be careful.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

A good +10 green can also just gently caress up a ton of red units, especially if they are in an advantageous situation so you still need to be careful.

Oh for sure, it's definitely come back to bite me, but if you're careful and just ad hoc build teams with hard counters it can work fine in my experience.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I took my new buffbot/medic Marth out for a run, managed to clear one of the longer chain challenges I had trouble with previously. He fits in so well into my main team, which mostly relies on baiting things into suiciding on a buffed-to-the-gills FGrima.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

AweStriker posted:

the fourth Robin is a Summer Robin with Darting Blow/Desperation (for now) and a Res forge Berkut's Lance+ so that someone on the team can actually take hits from magic.
I never even considered Berkut's Lance for Summer Robin. Mine's rolling with her vanilla Deft Harpoon+ with a speed refine, Fury 3 in her A slot and Renewal in her B slot. She's got some pretty nuts attack and speed already so I figured I'd make her rock a mini version of Celica's Ragnorok tome except in lance form. Even without the res refine, Berkut's Lance would still give her an effective Res in the 40s on enemy phase.

Interesting.

Washout posted:

They need to make them 3 and 4 star available so you can at lease promote them all to 4*+10. I mean I accidentally promoted a dude with slaying Lance instead of a firesweep and I think that was still a better use of feathers than promoting one of the trio.
Waifu goggles aside, Anna's maybe worth it. She plays like Lyn but with actual movement options, and she's a feather factory for Tempest Trial hero merit grinding. If she ever gets a refine, I hope they just get rid of the HP restrictions and give her a speed boost. something like, "+3 SPD. Unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally."

Elyv posted:

All my teams are basically red/blue/green/colourless. Team building is more to answer enemy gimmicks or lovely maps. Fliers are an auto-in for the boat map or that one map with two long, vertical walkways over a river, and I'd never put a team with enemy phase units up against those 40+10 Armor March/Bold Fighter assholes.

Also, time. It's so much easier just through throw out a pre-fab'd team (with ally supports) than it is to sift through my entire roster.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 23, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Oh for sure, it's definitely come back to bite me, but if you're careful and just ad hoc build teams with hard counters it can work fine in my experience.

That's generally how I do it too. Or I go half and half with pre-made teams and ad-hocs since some of my premade teams (like my blade tome flier team) can and will handle anything you throw at them.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Also, time. It's so much easier just through throw out a pre-fab'd team (with ally supports) than it is to sift through my entire roster.

If they had a menu where you could leave pre-fab teams so they don't clutter up the team scrolling, I would do this

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

If they had a menu where you could leave pre-fab teams so they don't clutter up the team scrolling, I would do this

They really need to make the team and hero roster options better and more expansive.

It's really loving unwieldy when you have 500+ units in your box.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

They really need to make the team and hero roster options better and more expansive.

It's really loving unwieldy when you have 500+ units in your box.

The worst is when you're trying to hunt for a specific sacred seal since there's not even any search options for that

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Something like tabs within teams menu or "boxes" like in Pokemon would be great.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Can you use AA to farm Summoner Support kills? I finished my soleil and need to make her buffer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Can you use AA to farm Summoner Support kills? I finished my soleil and need to make her buffer

Wouldn’t training tower be faster and give you great badges?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have at least 5k of every great badge (almost 7k of colorless) and I don't want to spend my 212 stamina potions because my brain is broken

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Here is my core now that F!Corrin is finished (woop), and it needs some refining.

Camilla is the obvious target, that B-slot is no longer going to cut it and needs changing out, thinking Def/Res Link off of B!Sanaki. Similarly, the C-slot is questionable with it only splashing F!Grima (and the b-slot would fix that), so either a tactic or ploy would be ideal (of which I have access to all 4 of each), any suggestions?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
just use chain challenge? at least you can grind hm with that

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
what the gently caress, +10 Soleil scores the same as a +10 Olivia

With a +10 Effie, +10 Nowi, and +10 Nino, either one will give me 730-744 according to the score calculators

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got bored and I have poor impulse control so I went fishing for Bride Ninian.

Got her in ~80 orbs, which isn't bad at all! She's -spd, which is unfortunate... but she can still do her job.

I already gave her LnD3 from a spare Sothe I had lying around since forever. That and a Speed+3 Seal should help shore up that bane!

In any case I'm happy. And I can still save up some orbs and decide if I want to try for a better one or spend them elsewhere.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Chain Challenges are your friend! Reminder they changed it so cleared maps still give full EXP and SP, so you can do the Normal/Hard Chain Challenges. Just make sure the enemies in it are high enough level, and go nuts!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Emalde posted:

Here is my core now that F!Corrin is finished (woop), and it needs some refining.

Camilla is the obvious target, that B-slot is no longer going to cut it and needs changing out, thinking Def/Res Link off of B!Sanaki. Similarly, the C-slot is questionable with it only splashing F!Grima (and the b-slot would fix that), so either a tactic or ploy would be ideal (of which I have access to all 4 of each), any suggestions?

I'd go with full tactics + either chill atk or chill spd on Camilla. But you'll have to pull plenty of 5* to get those skills.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Cheetah, please put the most adorable change in the OP

I'm open to suggestions for her C slot but honestly it seems kind of inconsequential

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I did it, I have the +10 Peri. I could put up some Arena highlights, but her gameplan is debuffing whoever is in front of her, get stabby, and drag someone back if they're still not done for some more smacks.

She may be a lovely Harley Quinn, but she will do her best at stabbing the enemy!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Emalde posted:

If that's you're core why aren't you running full tactics on the C slots?

Also on an enemy phase melee flier with Camilla's tank I tend to prefer hit and run.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Roger Explosion posted:

1. When you're new to the game, try and get all the colours, weapons and movement types covered. Do this via summoning like a madman, mainly.
2. From there, decide on an arena core that works for you and optimize them as best you can.
3. If you are cool with your arena team, start putting together teams to easier take on Arena Assault, Chain Challenges, movement specific quests and the like. This is where you start making bladetome/drive-spur-stack/Armor Emblem/Flier Emblem/Dragon Emblem/Cavalry Emblem teams.
4. Once you have a good army of teams to throw at AA, go back to your arena team and rework it/multi-merge them/inherit expensive skills in order to maximize your BST. Don't be afraid to ditch dancers and swap out lower BST units for higher ones (I swapped Ursula for Nowi and I wager one day I'll have to swap Nino for Sheena).
5. At this point, if you can stay in Tier 20 or a fine with Tier 19.5, go back to you AA teams and start optimizing/multi-merging them/making more of them. Or, work on hokey gimmick builds if you haven't already because it's fun.

Always remember to optimize your husbando/waifu though. This is vital to Heroes and probably the most important thing and should always take priority.

I stopped at 1 and went a year before putting new skills on my main crew, it's crazy how much difference it makes even if sacrificing my anime soldiers still feels wrong.

Also you missed a step; promoting to 5 star the heroes who have helped your rise to power. Olivia, Azama, for your long efforts helping in the training tower. Alfonse, Shareena, Anna, for your scene-setting dialogues. You are not the best but by god I will promote and then barely use any of you.

Slightly disappointed that the new Wacky Outfits is dresses that honestly look pretty normal. Is there like an annual calendar or a timeframe from last year on the next lot of really foolish looking heroes?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Natural 20 posted:

If that's you're core why aren't you running full tactics on the C slots?

Panic Ploy makes me butthurt and DC-Smoke makes it relatively simple to debuff the enemy team without actually putting myself fully in the killbox :v:

I have plenty of spares though, I figure SPD tactic on Camilla/RES tactic on Corrin/ATK tactic on F!Grima?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

LightningKimba posted:

I did it, I have the +10 Peri. I could put up some Arena highlights, but her gameplan is debuffing whoever is in front of her, get stabby, and drag someone back if they're still not done for some more smacks.

She may be a lovely Harley Quinn, but she will do her best at stabbing the enemy!

Giving her fury 3 would hurt her offensive ability a bit but would help get more ploys off. But you already gave her swift sparrow so you're already all-in