Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

The conservatives in this country like gun violence so it won't happen. The people in civilized countries don't like gun violence so they solved it.

if only everything were as simple as that

phew! finally got off my rear end and solved that therr' hunger problem...now for poverty.

the real problem is, how do you get all the guns out of america? Banning guns is one thing, but that doesn't remove those guns from the country. it just says "you can't use this", and if a guy wants to use one to shoot people, he's going to get that gun and start shooting

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 22:53 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

What are you, someone from Iowa?

The Jastiger Curse strikes again

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

spit on my clit posted:

phew! finally got off my rear end and solved that therr' hunger problem...now for poverty.

Well it helps if people get on the same page. Otherwise nothing will happen and NRA supporters keep the country hostage. Also I think conservatives don't give a gently caress if people are hungry.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

Do you know what an implication is? An implication is suggesting an idea to someone without blatantly relaying that idea to them. You can't not tell me that you aren't trying to pin me as one of these pieces of absolute scum that need to be wiped from the earth with how you've been posting. You want me dead. Keep replying with those emotes, you know what you're doing, and anyone else with a working brain can see what you're trying to do. You can't destroy me.
I know who brought nazis into the discussion(here's a hint: it wasn't me), and I don't need to, you're doing that ably enough by making idiotic arguments like "BUT THE NAZIS DID IT TOO SOMETHING SOMETHING ASSOCIATION SOMETHING" while making it clear your ignorance of what it is you're trying to shoehorn in.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

Well it helps if people get on the same page. Otherwise nothing will happen and NRA supporters keep the country hostage. Also I think conservatives don't give a gently caress if people are hungry.

I wasn't really making that argument, i was equating solving hunger to solving the gun problem. they're both something that cant be done overnight. I've also edited the post you quoted, in case you'd like to give a response to that.

Elizabethan Error posted:

I know who brought nazis into the discussion(here's a hint: it wasn't me), and I don't need to, you're doing that ably enough by making idiotic arguments like "BUT THE NAZIS DID IT TOO SOMETHING SOMETHING ASSOCIATION SOMETHING" while making it clear your ignorance of what it is you're trying to shoehorn in.

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

the real problem is, how do you get all the guns out of america? Banning guns is one thing, but that doesn't remove those guns from the country. it just says "you can't use this", and if a guy wants to use one to shoot people, he's going to get that gun and start shooting

Limiting potential perpetrators of gun violence to only those people who already have a gun right now would be a significant first step towards safeguarding American lives.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I don't know if it's an Unpopular Opinion, but americans are weird. See the last couple of pages in this thread.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I don't know if it's an Unpopular Opinion, but americans are weird. See the last couple of pages in this thread.

At least we're not Germany. Seriously, a turd inspection shelf in your toilets? I assume you keep a clipboard neaby for taking notes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Everybody is weird. Every single person, every single culture, every single nation. loving weird. You seem normal to yourself because you're accustomed to your culture and nation as well as you own individual weirdness but somebody, somewhere will find you weird.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
That sure is weird, huh? Glad I am not German, then.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Musicals is a garbage genre. Stage musicals especially.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Canemacar posted:

At least we're not Germany. Seriously, a turd inspection shelf in your toilets? I assume you keep a clipboard neaby for taking notes.

I had that style of toilet in Switzerland (surprisngly not in germany though) and it was the worst. When people visited I had to be like "hey i know the toilet's kind of weird, let's agree to not talk about it".

e: also I agree 100% with the above. I'm always left thinking "this might be a good movie if it wasn't for them breaking out into song and dance every 3 minutes".

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Like, Hamilton is poo poo. The music is bad. The music from Hamilton is very bad.

Having a bunch of slave owners portrayed by black actors singing lovely white guy hip hop isn't taking ownership of American history or whtaever, it's just papering over the unseemliness of American history so that we can still uncritically venerate the Founding Fathers in our supposedly more woke age.

And the fact that tickets for Hamilton cost like 800 dollars and you can only see it in New York but it still managed to become a darling of the political and media class is just proof that every loving politician and most media people in this country need to be loving executed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hamilton plays all over the country. It's obscenely expensive though. Also I like Helpless because it's a fun pop song.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

I wasn't really making that argument, i was equating solving hunger to solving the gun problem. they're both something that cant be done overnight. I've also edited the post you quoted, in case you'd like to give a response to that.

lol

lol both hunger and poverty absolutely could be solved overnight

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Elfgames posted:

Look, for the last time, total extinction events are not a solution.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Canemacar posted:

I can't properly grasp just what the hell a "turd inspection shelf" is. Is it literally a little shelf in the toilet that you're supposed to poo poo on? Why does that exist?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-German-toilets-feature-an-examination-plate-where-feces-drops

Picture a bit further down.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Oh, okay, it's there to keep your rear end from getting the kiss of Poseidon. That makes far more sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Like, Hamilton is poo poo. The music is bad. The music from Hamilton is very bad.

Having a bunch of slave owners portrayed by black actors singing lovely white guy hip hop isn't taking ownership of American history or whtaever, it's just papering over the unseemliness of American history so that we can still uncritically venerate the Founding Fathers in our supposedly more woke age.

And the fact that tickets for Hamilton cost like 800 dollars and you can only see it in New York but it still managed to become a darling of the political and media class is just proof that every loving politician and most media people in this country need to be loving executed.

Hamilton is Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew taken to the next level.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My PHUO is that having three meals a day is overrated and if you are not hungry it is because you don't need to eat yet (unless you are ill). Skipping meals is fine as long as you are getting enough calories per day.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think we need to go pause and reflect on the Willenium and recognize just what Wild Wild west has done for us as a society. Will Smith is one of the great artists of our times even if his son is a little weird.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Admiral Holdo in TLJ is an objectively bad leader by any metric. When you're trapped in an apparently hopeless situation and your subordinates are begging you to tell them there's a plan besides waiting to die is not the time to pull rank and play "need to know" games.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Elfgames posted:

alright, how do we solve those in a way that doesnt involve murder (and cannibalism), or stealing

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Canemacar posted:

Admiral Holdo in TLJ is an objectively bad leader by any metric. When you're trapped in an apparently hopeless situation and your subordinates are begging you to tell them there's a plan besides waiting to die is not the time to pull rank and play "need to know" games.

Agree

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't understand why anyone saw The Last Jedi. The first three Star Wars movies were good, but that was literally 50 years ago. Then the next three movies were famously some of the worst movies ever made. Then the seventh movie was basically OK, and the eighth movie was bad. I don't have an opinion on the ninth movie because I didn't see it because I have basic human pattern recognition.

The Star Wars franchise has a terrible track record. Why would anyone go see it in theaters? Wait for it to show up in Red box or Netflix.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Gumbo is really tasty, and I feel okra may undeservedly have got a bad rap.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't understand why anyone saw The Last Jedi. The first three Star Wars movies were good, but that was literally 50 years ago. Then the next three movies were famously some of the worst movies ever made. Then the seventh movie was basically OK, and the eighth movie was bad. I don't have an opinion on the ninth movie because I didn't see it because I have basic human pattern recognition.

The Star Wars franchise has a terrible track record. Why would anyone go see it in theaters? Wait for it to show up in Red box or Netflix.

I don't disagree but I was a bit confused because I didn't realize 'the eighth movie' was rogue one, since it's a spin off and not part of the new trilogy.

But yeah rogue one was super hot garbage if you wanted anything in your movie besides fan service. TLJ had so much squandered potential it made me mad and I'm not even a star wars fan. I'll go see em in the theatre simply because it's a cultural touchstone at this point and I like being in the know, but I haven't really been entertained by them in awhile.

Kylo Ren and Rey should 100% have run off together and made their own empire, that would've been so much better than what actually happens.

I am however eagerly awaiting to see how bad the Solo movie is, I can't imagine it's going to be anything better than a wet fart.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why do people keep going to movies that they like when I don't enjoy them???

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think we need to go pause and reflect on the Willenium and recognize just what Wild Wild west has done for us as a society. Will Smith is one of the great artists of our times even if his son is a little weird.

On that note, Bright was a fuckin sweet movie.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gleebster posted:

Gumbo is really tasty, and I feel okra may undeservedly have got a bad rap.

It's funny you say that because Okra is the one food on earth that I hate, and through that I've learned that pretty much everyone else seems to love Okra and think I'm nuts for it.

Its like eating a wad of flu boogers. And when people hear you don't like it they just go "oh you need to try it fried". I have and it tastes like a fried pile of boogers.

Gumbo is pretty good though I'm not sure that is an unpopular opinion.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

veni veni veni posted:

It's funny you say that because Okra is the one food on earth that I hate, and through that I've learned that pretty much everyone else seems to love Okra and think I'm nuts for it.

Its like eating a wad of flu boogers. And when people hear you don't like it they just go "oh you need to try it fried". I have and it tastes like a fried pile of boogers.

Gumbo is pretty good though I'm not sure that is an unpopular opinion.

Agree, certain ways I have tried it have been more edible, but at no point have I ever been eager to eat okra

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

alright, how do we solve those in a way that doesnt involve murder (and cannibalism), or stealing

Theft is a social construct.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
And stealing from people is bad. It makes them feel victimized and that makes everything worse. Then you get poors stealing from and hurting each other because their all desperate and scared and miserable and angry.

Taxes, however, are not theft. They're dues we pay to be part of civilization. gently caress anyone not wanting to pay their dues.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Then the next three movies were famously some of the worst movies ever made.

See this is what you're missing. The prequels actually aren't regarded by most of the movie-going public as the worst movies ever made, that's only a relatively small subset of fans who feel that way. Actual kids who grew up in the late 90's and early 2000s enjoy the prequels just as much as the OT. The prequels generated various toy lines and successful long-running t.v. shows, and bridged the gap between older fans who loved the OT growing up, and younger ones who were literal children at the time of their release.

The reputation of Star Wars as a whole is still very good, the prequels did very little to change that except among a relatively small group of hardcore fans.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Plus you're kidding yourself if you think they are the worst movies ever made. They might arguably be the worst star wars movies ever made, but you haven't seen bad movies if you think you think they are even close to the bottom of the barrel. Just skip to page like 150 in the amazon prime movie list and start watching some of those, then get back to me if you aren't begging to see some jar jar binks to erase what you just spent your day watching.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
They got lovely-to-mixed reviews and for ~some reason~ the nostalgia for them isn't nearly as strong as it is for the OT.

They're are far from the worst movies ever made but given the talent and pedigree behind them they are bad in a pretty unique and interesting way.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aramek posted:

And stealing from people is bad. It makes them feel victimized and that makes everything worse. Then you get poors stealing from and hurting each other because their all desperate and scared and miserable and angry.

Taxes, however, are not theft. They're dues we pay to be part of civilization. gently caress anyone not wanting to pay their dues.

Given the socioeconomic situation in America (and the rest of the West, frankly) stealing from the wealthy is not only ethically acceptable, it could be an objective moral good depending on who you target.

Edit:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They got lovely-to-mixed reviews and for ~some reason~ the nostalgia for them isn't nearly as strong as it is for the OT.

They're are far from the worst movies ever made but given the talent and pedigree behind them they are bad in a pretty unique and interesting way.

This is why the prequels are better than the sequels. The prequels at least tried to do something interesting in those movies, the sequels are just bland and generic.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 15:08 on May 24, 2018

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm not arguing that they're great or even consistently good movies, just that their reputation isn't what you might assume it is if you only ever hear about them from internet movie nerds.

I do think it's a bit unfair to compare the nostalgia that people feel for the OT with the prequels, the original trilogy was very much a unique moment in film history(for some reasons that have nothing to do with their actual quality as films) and of course something like that is going to be almost impossible to reproduce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

MizPiz posted:

Given the socioeconomic situation in America (and the rest of the West, frankly) stealing from the wealthy is not only ethically acceptable, it could be an objective moral good depending on who you target.

I don't buy this because on paper it sounds about right, but the people who actually do this by doing things like securities fraud and that kind of white collar crime seem highly despised in general.