Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Yeah, I'm not sure if that video was as good of an example as they thought. But they did say that they wanted to make the game darker, something that will aid the atmosphere.

I suppose we'll find out better in May!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
"Early 2018"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Can the new update remove pinehurst from the game please?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Never.

Roy, Pinehurst, and AJ are bringing us so close to finally having Ethel as a playable character.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Never.

Roy, Pinehurst, and AJ are bringing us so close to finally having Ethel as a playable character.

Pinehurst and Jarvis House could both use a redesign. They're entirely too big.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have no problem with Jarvis House either as Jason or as a counselor but Pinehurst as a counselor is a complete waste of time and I’ve begun just hanging out in the hidden room in the barn.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Pinehurst sucks on toast and small versions of those maps would be more beneficial than any of the previous small versions were. That said, I'd love to see representation for every film before this game dies.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Same. How long until I can kill Jason with a flood of toxic waste in a New York sewer?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Seems like the cruise liner would probably be the only way they could make that work?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Some info on the single player challenges: http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18711-skull-objectives-emote-unlocks/

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

The bonus stats on Legendary perks. http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18814-legendary-perk-bonus-stats/

quote:

Hello counselors,

As promised, here is a full listing of Legendary Perk Bonus Stat categories. If you recall, all Legendary Perks have a Positive, Negative, and a Bonus Stat roll. Legendary Bonus Stat ranges will have values of either 1 through 3, or 2 through 5.

Perk Bonus Stat Range

Adrenaline Rush / Total Stamina 1-3

Aquanaut / Avoid Sense While Swimming 2-5

Controlled Breathing / Overall Fear Reduction 1-3

Easy Listening / Total Stamina 1-3

Escape Artist / Avoid Sense 1-3

Evasion / Avoid Sense 1-3

Firecracker / Melee Attack Speed 2-5

Friendship / XP Gain 1-3

Grease Monkey / Car Top Speed 2-5

Grinder Overall / Fear Reduction 1-3

Heavy Hitter / Weapon Damage 1-3

Heavy Mover / Weapon Damage 1-3

Heavy Sleeper / Decreased Sprint Noise 2-5

Home Body / First Aid Healing 1-3

Hypochondriac / Police Response Time 1-3

Ice Cold Overall / Fear Reduction 1-3

Lead Foot / Car Start Speed 2-5

Level Headed / Overall Fear Reduction 1-3

Lightfoot / Reduced Fear Penalties from Darkness 2-5

Lone Wolf / Break from Grab Easier 2-5

Low Profile / Increased Crouching Stamina Regen 1-3

Man At Arms / Weapon Damage 1-3

Marathon / Swim Speed 2-5

Medic / Repair Speed 2-5

Motorboating / Swim Speed 2-5

My Dad's a Cop / Increased Weapon Damage as Tommy 2-5

Nerves of Steel / Less Fear from Dead Body 2-5

Night Owl / Less Fear Indoors 2-5

Potent Ranger / Avoid Stumble 1-3

Preparedness / Crouch Speed 1-3

Psychic / Hiding Spot Fear Reduced 2-5

Pyro / Firecrackers Stun Radius 2-5

Quiet Swimmer / Swim Speed 2-5

Restful / Break Grab Stamina Boost 2-5

Scout / Reduced Sprint Noise 1-3

Slugger / Melee Attack Speed 1-3

Sneaky / Stumble Reduced 1-3

Spatial Awareness / VoIP Distance 2-5

Speed Demon / Sprint Speed 1-3

Sucker Punch / Increased Melee Damage 1-3

Swift Attacker / Increased Stun Time 1-3

Teamwork / Police Response Time 1-3

Thick Skinned / Escape from Traps Quicker 2-5

Thrasher / Reduced Weapon Damage Taken 1-3

Tinker / Boat Start Time Reduced 2-5

Each Legendary Perk that you roll will have the standard bonus positive and negative attributes that we are used to, but they will also have a bonus stat. This is a listing of what bonus stat each Legendary Perk will have.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 3, 2018

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Whoops.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Single Player Challenge Stream:
Edit: here's the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/259903747

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/993581498203852806

Edit: some stream info.

1: Spoiled since they showed it by accident: Jason Story Mode.
2: When grabbing someone (definitely from Stalk, but possibly in general) there's a "dah-nah!" music sting like in the movies.
3. There be different means of accomplishing the different challenges.
4. The update to the engine was to enable dedicated servers. However, a byproduct of this was improved lighting and rendering. One of the features is that when light is reflected off of something that's colored, a bit of a hue will be shown on nearby objects. It's also more efficient / optimized on memory.
5. Each of scene is set up as individual set pieces for the :cry: shippers out there.
6. No plans to incorporate the single player kills into the multiplayer game.
7. AI Characters will go investigate and react to things that you do / have done, even if you're not present.
8. New emotes unlocked for completing the challenges.
9. FPS drops in late game is something they're aware of (possibly a console thing?) and while that's improved in the engine update, it's still something they are working on.
10. No release date set, but they did say it'll be soon.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 10, 2018

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/998729925510225920

Single Player Challenges and MORE coming on the 24th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKXL1eWxntQ

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IT'S HAPPENING :murder:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Man, this kickstarter game got better post release support than EA's Battlefront 2.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Some of those kills are loving brutal.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Did we get confirmation the weapon switching unlocks at 113? If so I have 10 more levels to grind out.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Throwing in a noose kill with a game with black characters is, uh, going to lead to some very bad twitch/youtube clips.

Comfortador posted:

Did we get confirmation the weapon switching unlocks at 113? If so I have 10 more levels to grind out.

Yeah it was confirmed in a tweet maybe 3 weeks ago? I remember the comments were people losing their minds over it being so high.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Throwing in a noose kill with a game with black characters is, uh, going to lead to some very bad twitch/youtube clips.

I joined a game once where everyone was picking Jason 2 and imploring everyone else to “join the rally” and I just kinda :yikes:d right out of there

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Just hit level 112 so should be 113 by then! Woo!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

How exactly would the Undetected Skull work? Wont they eventually have to see you for you to kill them?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

probably the way it works in hitman where it means nobody left alive saw you

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

I am sure that is a factor in why they said that they single player kills wouldn't be available multiplayer (it's one of them).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ghostpilot posted:

I am sure that is a factor in why they said that they single player kills wouldn't be available multiplayer (it's one of them).

Nice.

Although now I'm sad about not getting that electrical box kill in the multiplayer.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

How exactly would the Undetected Skull work? Wont they eventually have to see you for you to kill them?

It means they can't see you before you grab them. They showed that stuff off in the stream they did about two weeks ago.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Looks like we're getting a long stretch of double exp along with the update!

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/999017067213918208

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Good because I’ve been playing like a mad man and haven’t seen a tape in months

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/999379702031806464

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19192-patch-notes-052419/

Friday the 13th Patch Notes posted:

Welcome to the Patch Notes for the upcoming patch that will be released
Tomorrow, May 24th

New Game Mode: Single Player Challenges
Single Player Challenges, Friday the 13th: The Game’s newest playable game mode, is now available!

Test your skills as Jason Voorhees by clearing out all of the counselors in Camp Crystal Lake in each of the 10 unique scenarios. Each level contains special cinematic kills that are available only in Single Player Challenges. There are also multiple challenge objectives that are available in each level that can only be completed through proper planning and preparation. Play as Jason in any way you like. You may choose to be slow and sneaky for that suspenseful cinematic experience, or you may choose to brute force your way through, hacking and slashing!

There are also 30 new unlockable emotes that can be obtained in the Single Player Challenges! Each Challenge has a reward of 3 unique emotes through the collection of these following skulls: No Survivors Skull, XP Score Skull, and the Undetected Skull.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

New Playable Counselor: Victoria Sterling
Introducing Victoria Sterling, the newest counselor to arrive at Camp Crystal Lake!

Victoria has a level requirement of 42 and her stats are the following:

Composure - 4
Luck - 8
Repair - 3
Speed - 4
Stamina - 7
Stealth - 7
Strength - 2

Legendary Perks & Perk Changes

Legendary Perks
A new perk rarity tier has been introduced! Legendary perks!

Legendary perks are now the rarest perks that can be obtained. The perk values and traits are identical to Epic perks, but there is one big difference between the two rarities. All Legendary perks come equipped with one extra positive trait! These traits are predetermined and work in addition to the perk’s original traits. Here are the traits that are tied to each Legendary perk:

[Adrenaline Rush] Total Stamina
[Aquanaut] Avoid Sense While Swimming
[Controlled Breathing] Overall Fear Reduction
[Easy Listening] Total Stamina
[Escape Artist] Avoid Sense
[Evasion] Avoid Sense
[Firecracker] Melee Attack Speed
[Friendship] XP Gain
[Grease Monkey] Car Top Speed
[Grinder] Overall Fear Reduction
[Heavy Hitter] Weapon Damage
[Heavy Mover] Weapon Damage
[Heavy Sleeper] Decreased Sprint Noise
[Home Body] First Aid Healing
[Hypochondriac] Police Response Time
[Ice Cold] Overall Fear Reduction
[Lead Foot] Car Start Speed
[Level Headed] Overall Fear Reduction
[Lightfoot] Reduced Fear Penalites from Darkness
[Lone Wolf] Break From Grab Easier
[Low Profile] Increased Crouching Stamina Regen
[Man At Arms] Weapon Damage
[Marathon] Swim Speed
[Medic] Repair Speed
[Motorboating] Swim Speed
[My Dad’s a Cop] Increased Weapon Damage as Tommy
[Nerves of Steel] Less Fear From Dead Body
[Night Owl] Less Fear Indoors
[Potent Ranger] Avoid Stumble
[Preparedness] Crouch Speed
[Psychic] Hiding Spot Fear Reduced
[Pyro] Firecrackers Stun Radius
[Quiet Swimmer] Swim Speed
[Restful] Break Grab Stamina Boost
[Scout] Reduced Sprint Noise
[Slugger] Melee Attack Speed
[Sneaky] Stumble Reduced
[Spatial Awareness] Voip Distance
[Speed Demon] Sprint Speed
[Sucker Punch] Increased Melee Damage
[Swift Attacker] Increased Stun Time
[Teamwork] Police Response Time
[Thick Skinned] Ecscape From Traps Quicker
[Thrasher] Reduced Weapon Damage Taken
[Tinker] Boat Start Time Reduced

Perk Values Adjusted
The following perks have had their possible values adjusted:

[Easy Listening] - Increases the Radio proximity recharge rate by 10% - 40% (was 1% - 10%)

[Motorboating] - Increases the Boat movement speed by 5% - 35% (was 1% - 15%)

[Man at Arms] - Increases Weapon durability by 5% - 15% (was 5% - 25%)

[My Dad’s a Cop] - Reduces the Police arrival time by 5% - 25% (was 5% - 30%)

[Quiet Swimmer] - Reduces the Sense detection chance by 5% - 20% (was 1% - 25%)

[Lead Foot] - Increases the Car movement speed by 5% - 20% (was 1% - 25%)

[Aquanaut] Increases the Counselor’s swimming speed by 5% - 35% (was 1% - 15%)

Perk Selection Screen Updated
Perk rarity can now also be distinguished by a numbering system added to the perk graphic in order to assist players with color blindness

Combat Update

Weapon Swapping Feature
A new option is now available in the Jason selection screen! Players will now be able to equip different weapons on each Jason. This feature unlocks for players at level 113 and will allow the swapping of the following weapons:

Pickaxe
Machete
Axe
Fire Axe
Battle Axe
Spear
Pig Splitter
Shears
All the grab kills tied to the weapons (including the DLC kills) will also be available through the swap.

Jason’s Swing Animation
All of Jason’s weapons have had their swinging animations adjusted to swing lower towards the ground. This change should help prevent Jason’s swings from missing players that are on uneven terrain or crouching.

Jason’s Grab Changes
Jason’s grab has been updated with a new animation and sound effect. These changes should more accurately represent the distance of Jason’s grab and also feel more gratifying when landing a grab on a counselor.

Doorway Combat Changes
We have made some adjustments to the way that combat works when there is a door in between Jason and a counselor. Originally, players were able to initiate combat from both sides of a closed door. This allowed counselors to time their swings and safely interrupt/damage Jason during his process of breaking down the door. Because of the way that combat works, there was little counterplay to these occurrences. In order to combat this one-sided exchange, counselors will no longer be able to hit Jason through doors. However, Jason will still have the ability to damage counselors that are standing extremely close to the door.

Counselor Weapon Stats Adjusted
The pips that represent the weapon stats in the How to Play section have had their values per pip adjusted to be more consistent. The following weapons have had their stats adjusted.

2X4
Frying Pan
Fallen Tree Branch
Baseball Bat
Metal Pipe
Wrench
Cooking Pot

Matchmaking Changes

Infraction System
An infraction system has been added in order to combat issues with players prematurely leaving matches. Players will now gain infraction points by performing any of the following actions in a Quickplay match:

Leaving the match as Jason
Leaving the match as the Host
Leaving the match while still alive as a Counselor
Leaving the match while in the process of being killed
Accumulating too many infractions points will place you in a low priority queue in matchmaking with other similar players.
These Infraction points are not permanent and will decay over time.

Spawn Preference System
In the December patch of last year, we introduced a “ticketing” system to the Spawn Preferences to combat some of the issues players were having with the Jason selection process. To improve on this system, we have made multiple changes to the Spawn Preferences this patch. The most noteworthy improvement is that this system is now tied to each individual player’s account. This means that a player’s chance to be selected as Jason will now persist even after changing lobbies. In addition, we have also made adjustments to the values in the preference system in order to provide players a fairer distribution of chances to become Jason.

The probability of a player being chosen as Jason is affected by their preference settings and also their recent amount of Jason games. Playing as Jason too many times in a small time frame will cause the player to no longer be considered as a candidate to play as Jason. However, the player’s chance to be selected as Jason rapidly “recharges” over time and this system will have no long lasting effects on players.

The Spawn Preference system only affects Private Matches only when a Jason has not been picked manually.

Keybinding Support

Keybinding Support is now available on the PC for players using a keyboard and mouse

This feature may be accessed through Settings > Keybindings

General Changes and Bugfixes
General

New Free Emote added! The Poppin’ Robot
Intro/Outro cinematic cutscenes will now show the weapons/skins that the Jason player has equipped
Rain has been re-enabled [XB1]
Fixed multiple issues related to the Sweater
Added countermeasures to several character selection exploits [PC]
Jason

Part 5 Jason has a new color variant for his default skin available!
Note: Bloody skins for both the blue and green color variants have identical level requirements
Part 7 Jason: Replaced +Grip Strength with +Weapon Strength
Part 7 Jason: Replaced -Shift with -Stun Resistance
Fixed an issue where stun damage would not cause Jason’s mask to fall off even after Jason has hit the HP threshold
Reworded the tooltip for the Strength “Throwing Knives” to reflect previous changes made to Jason
Fixed a bug where the throwing knife crosshair would sometimes become stuck on the screen
Fixed a bug where the player could sometimes become unable to move after being hit during the grab animation
Adjusted the animation for Part 4 Jason’s weapon to properly align with his hands during door / wall destruction animations
Fixed an issue that was causing some of Jason’s weapons to not become bloody
Fixed a bug with Part 5 Jason’s Shift ability having an incorrect recharge rate
Fixed a bug where Jason would have the incorrect stun animation when shot by a flare gun
Fixed a bug that prevented Jason from breaking a phone box that has been repaired multiple times
Counselors

Killing Jason will now grant XP when the Jason player quits after the kill sequence has been initiated
Bear Traps are no longer able to be placed inside tents
An equipped item that is being swapped out with another item will now attempt to locate the best available spot to be placed (i.e., the ground)
Note: This was to address the issue with players being able to stack items infinitely on top of each other until an item becomes unreachable
Fixed a bug where the Bear Trap arming animation would continue to play when the Bear Trap is triggered prematurely
Fixed a bug that was giving counselors too many attempts at triggering Jason’s vulnerable state during the sweater stun kill sequence
Fixed a bug where the phone calling animation would continue to play when the player has stepped into a Bear Trap at the same time
Fixed a bug where if a Counselor starts calling the police and steps into a Bear Trap at the same time, the phone would continue to fly around like a spooky ghost while the Counselor attempts to escape the Bear Trap
Fixed a bug where the emote wheel persist on the screen after the player has been killed
Fixed a bug where the player could become interaction locked by spamming the interact button on the phone while Jason is destroying the phone box
Fixed a bug where placing Bear Traps in certain locations would sometimes launch the player into the sky
Fixed a bug that caused the player’s fear effect to persist during the outro cinematic
Fixed an issue that caused the map to drop as an item when the player is killed in certain hiding spots
Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect animation to play when certain Counselors would direct hit a wall with the Baseball Bat
Perks
Fixed an issue with the Slugger perk that caused the spawned baseball bat to have incorrect stats
Fixed a bug with the Teamwork perk that caused the attack strength decreased to not work properly
Vehicles

Improvements have been made to the way that cars are affected by physics
Improved car handling by changing the cars to front wheel drive (instead of rear wheel drive)
Added an small invincibility frame for the brief period when a counselor is exiting a car
Fixed an issue with cars becoming “jittery” or unstable after reaching top speeds
Cars have had their brakes improved. Cars can now come to a full stop more quickly and using the hand brakes allows a player to “drift”.
Added countermeasures to prevent Counselors from standing on top of cars
The rear view camera that is available while driving in reverse can now be accessed at any time while driving by holding down the Rear View button (Default: R, Triangle, or Y)
Fixed an issue that was causing the vehicle starting animations to not play
Maps
General

Repair Parts dropped into the lake should now respawn by the shore more consistently across all maps
Regular doors (that do not have a barricade attached) can now be locked/unlocked from both sides
Added blockers to the cemeteries to prevent cars from traveling through
Addressed several exploit locations across all maps
Addressed several locations across all maps in which the environmental kills were inaccessible or not working properly
Drawers will no longer have an extended collision volume once they have been opened
Adjusted lighting throughout the multiplayer maps
Jarvis House

Made adjustments to several cabins to prevent Repair Parts from spawning in an inaccessible location
The lights in the Vacation House will now be properly disabled when the corresponding power box has been destroyed
Pinehurst

Fixed an issue where one of the doors in the Halfway House could only be opened by Jason from the outside
Addressed an issue that caused some of the shorelines to have an incorrect collision which prevented players from exiting the water in those locations
Fixed a bed that was missing an interaction button Changed the date that appears in the opening cinematic cutscene from 1986 to 1989
Crystal Lake

Fixed a bug where Rob would sometimes appear bloody in the opening cinematic cutscene
Packanack

Fixed a bug that prevented Bear Traps from being placeable in two of the cabins
Bots

General improvements made to AI behavior
Improvements with AI interaction with vehicles
AI will now make an attempt to interact or avoid Jason’s traps
AI will now be able to place Bear Traps
AI will now turn on radios as a distraction
The difficulty setting in Offline Bots will now affect the bots in the following ways:
Ranged accuracy
Weapon pickup preferences
Item location awareness
Starting items and preset perks
Sound

Fixed an issue that was causing the vehicle starting sounds to not play
Fixed an issue that was causing the car braking sounds to not play for the driver
Cars braking in reverse will now play the appropriate sound
UI

The Controller Bumpers should now scroll in the right direction when in the Jason selection screen
The How To Play section has been updated to include the Single Player Challenges

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man I never even got around to unlocking Part 4 Jason, I really gotta get some grinding done

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

“Fixed a bug where if a Counselor starts calling the police and steps into a Bear Trap at the same time, the phone would continue to fly around like a spooky ghost while the Counselor attempts to escape the Bear Trap”

why would anyone fix this :mad:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a lot of great changes and fixes in this patch. Happy that Gun Media has stuck it through this far and it keeps improving; I'll need to take advantage of that XP weekend since I'm only like.....level 20

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know it's been forever but can I say I'm still blown away at the fact that Gun/Illfonic added loving NES Jason

Like I still remember it being the "lmao imagine if they did this" meme in the community, and then my gigantic purple boy exploded through the door and none of us knew how to react

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm at 48 and am a regular player since day one. I have a Savini Jason for poo poo's sake.

That weapon swapping at 113 is never going to happen for me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
edit: never mind misread the post.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I'm at 48 and am a regular player since day one. I have a Savini Jason for poo poo's sake.

That weapon swapping at 113 is never going to happen for me.

How is that possible. Have you missed like every double XP weekend?

Also you can grind bots for XP.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

codenameFANGIO posted:

“Fixed a bug where if a Counselor starts calling the police and steps into a Bear Trap at the same time, the phone would continue to fly around like a spooky ghost while the Counselor attempts to escape the Bear Trap”

why would anyone fix this :mad:

It disabled the phone permanently when it happened :(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Wrong Thread

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh poo poo there's a single player mode now? Might have to jump back in to this, all my bros stopped playing on the PS4 so I faded away. gently caress this game is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I feel like there has to be a better name for the police-response perk than Hypochondriac.

• Locked thread